Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #101 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Club #1: (order TBD)
  1. greenjdo (Teabagger D.O.)
  2. prospect_man (prospect_man)
  3. gr33d (gr33d) - PAID
  4. JohnnyBeGood (JohnnyBeBraves) - PAID
  5. houdini (houdini's hellions) - PAID
  6. smillz300 (smillz300) - PAID
  7. mrmike79 (Ichiballs) - PAID
  8. reid n owen (Jersey Landsharks) - PAID
  9. theheel (Willie's Heels) - PAID
  10. meyer9977 (meyer9977) - PAID
  11. swivelhip (swivelhip) - PAID
  12. dizzydski (The JaySborz Project) - PAID
  13. jpitten (Cunning Stunts) - PAID
  14. andrew jones (andrew jones) - PAID
Club #2:

1. alsjunk2002 - - PAID
  2. thatkidbilly - - PAID
  3. raidersfan1983 - PAID
  4. jflode - PAID
  5. padsfan10 - PAID
  6. jabrown1 - confirmed
  7. bishoff1 - bash brothers - PAID
  8. butchhig - porkchop express - PAID
  9. skate81 - Note
  10. houdini - PAID
  11. Riversoule - PAID
  12. joserobles - PAID
  13. imnotded - PAID
  14. hoopster - PAID

Last edited by houdini; 04-09-2012 at 02:02 PM.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #102 (permalink)

Payment sent. Thanks.
padsfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #103 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Let me explain to you what steaming pitchers is:

Adding Bruce Chen on 4/5 and getting 16 points from him on 4/6;
dropping bruce chen on 4/7 and adding Jeff Karstens and getting his 9.5 points;
dropping guthrie after his start 17.5 points and adding hunter on 4/7 and getting 23 points;
dropping arrieta after his 25 points and adding harrell on 4/7 and getting 25 points;
dropping kartsens on 4/8 and adding richard and getting his 23 points;
dropping harrell and adding arroyo and getting his 12 points;
dropping hunter and adding hammell and getting his 27.5 points;
dropping richard, arroyo, and hammell for new pitchers on monday.

THAT is streaming. There was only 1 person doing that - and it was completely within the rules.

If you added a handful of pitchers, you were not doing this right. If you drafted ANY position players for your bench, how could you have been drafting with this strategy in mind? If you took starting pitchers in the 4th and 6th round, you were NOT drafting for this strategy.

The ONLY person that was doing this BEFORE Dizzy brought it up was Swivelhip. The ONLY person with a real beef here is Swivelhip. One of the few people not complaining... Swivelhip.

Guys, if you want to quit, then quit. Don't say it's because you were drafting based on this strategy.

Swivelhip scored 381 points in week #1.

The next highest score was 295 - which is pretty much in check with club #2's winning score of 276 (without streaming a single pitcher).

So, if you did not score more than 276 points - let alone 380 - please do not use the rule change and your "drafting strategy" as an excuse. Just quit.

Unless your name is Swivelhip, I ONLY did you a favor with the rule change.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotded View Post
I think everyone should view this as a learning experience. Worst case scenario is that this is just a test run for next year. The main goal here is to have fun. Like I said before I would stay in either way, because the breaks are still fun and so is the fantasy league.

Houdini, thanks again for putting this together. It's gotta be a ton of extra work for you.
Agree completely, thanks for the effort Houdini
alsjunk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect_Man View Post
im out, sry but juss like ppl everyone drafted with the current points system in place, i drafting thinking i would be able to stream SP's or 1B or whatever position..... im sorry if this puts you in a tough spot houdini, and i would love to be in some of your future but that will be up to you, good luck guys
Changing rules once the season begins is something I do not want to live with. I am out also. When I rated my pitchers I did not put a high priority on pitching so I did however think I could cycle pitchers. I did not do this as effective as Swivel obviously. As for April I would like a refund as to not be apart of this anymore. I understand if this bans me from future breaks but I hope it doesn't. I really enjoy them and believe you are the best breaker on here. Let me know what you want me to do anything with my team. You guys still have time to draft again on Yahoo. Good luck to all.
JohnnyBeGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #106 (permalink)

I think the solution houdini came up with is equitable and fair. This was meant to be a fun league and to rip some product. Changing lineups daily is fine and manageable but I don't have the time to keep up with another league member to keep dropping and adding players. Where is the fun in that?

I'm just glad I'm in league #2.
padsfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #107 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGood View Post
Changing rules once the season begins is something I do not want to live with. I am out also. When I rated my pitchers I did not put a high priority on pitching so I did however think I could cycle pitchers. I did not do this as effective as Swivel obviously. As for April I would like a refund as to not be apart of this anymore. I understand if this bans me from future breaks but I hope it doesn't. I really enjoy them and believe you are the best breaker on here. Let me know what you want me to do anything with my team. You guys still have time to draft again on Yahoo. Good luck to all.
How many pitchers did you stream BEFORE Dizzy's post and how many did you stream AFTER?

BEFORE: 0

You were not using this strategy until after Dizzy brought it up.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #108 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

That's 2 who quit for April.

Of course, I already paid for the cases and autographed baseballs.

We can still go with 12 or less teams Club #1.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #109 (permalink)

Why don't we just random the breaks and play out the fantasy seaon for fun?

We can all agree we'd be breaking hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of product with Houdini and this league was designed with great intentions.

I'll play it out either way... And I got my ass handed to me by Swivelhip in week 1.
gr33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
How many pitchers did you stream BEFORE Dizzy's post and how many did you stream AFTER?

BEFORE: 0

You were not using this strategy until after Dizzy brought it up.
That is not the real issue for me. Changing rules after the league starts is the issue. Also it is one before Dizzy's post (see Aaron Harang April 7 at 3:07am.) I'm sorry.

Last edited by JohnnyBeGood; 04-09-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #111 (permalink)

if anyone eles looked at settings and did not plan ob streaming, they would have drafted SP's with there 1st 10+ picks..... streaming is a huge part of fantasy baseball and if you think its "bush league" you really know nothing about fantasy baseball..... the problem in this league was not streaming it was that the point system was set up poorly.... if pickin up nick blackburn vs the angels had a chance if getting you negative points(which it should), no one would pick him up for a spot start but becuz a SP can get rocked and still get you points its a no brainer(a la beckett getting rocked and getting me 7+ points).....so either people didnt read or understand the rules..... and if you have never played fantast baseball before you should prob not have joined a pay league, thats why they have free public leagues......any like i said before and someles said, i hope i can still take part in your breaks houdini cuz your good at it and they are tons if fun..... and i guess ill stick with my nfbc team for now on..... good luck guys, hope ya have fun and pull some sick cards
Prospect_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #112 (permalink)

The right thing to do is to pay Houdini for the cases among all of us. Its not fair for him to dole out this money. How much is needed, houdini?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #113 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Houdini, Id take a team if you need me to. Just text/PM me

Mike

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
The right thing to do is to pay Houdini for the cases among all of us. Its not fair for him to dole out this money. How much is needed, houdini?
I agree!! Let the remaining 12 guys know what the difference is so we can square it up!

Im dissapointed that this is $100+ /month league and some guys can't adjust to change! Houdini just did what he thought was fair in hopes of keeping the league together! I personally think 2 Weeks is way too long to keep a FA on your roster but I respect Houdini and his decision because he is the commish and obviously putting in all the work for us!!

Life is full of change and if you have to quit a fantasy baseball league because of a simple rule change (that you weren't even taking advantage of until it got brought up) in the first week of league im sorry for you and honestly, the league is better off without you!

God Bless!
smillz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #115 (permalink)

If you guys are in risk of losing the league, Houdini, please PM me. I can take over a team that has already been drafted, I don't care. Hoping you are able to to tie up all loose ends though.
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #116 (permalink)

I don't blame Swivel or Johnny or anyone that really modified their draft strategy based on this. Personally, I made a bad assumption that even though this could exist, that the "burn and churn" method wouldn't likely happen. I modified my draft strategy based on the scoring method, but not to the extreme which didn't seem to make sense fantasy-wise (i.e. Kyle Drabek SP > Jay Sborz (if SP) > Mariano Rivera RP). I won my first week's game w/o any "streaming" and may have won the week with simply an extra pickup or a little luck if some sort of limit was put in place originally. My intent was fully "league conscious" and not self-fulfilling.

This was our first attempt at a league, a scoring system, a breaking system, etc...and there may be some growing pains. Granted we didn't speak up about the scoring system, but had we taken a deeper dive into the pitcher scoring, maybe we could have changed it up a bit.

On a side note, I break on here and have been in quite a few Houdini breaks and hope to continue to be. I have worked deals with most everyone in the league and hope no matter what happens, that won't change at all. Honestly, my posts were purely a good-intended, democratic (lower-case) attempt to get the thoughts/feelings from the league about something that adversely impacted the majority and benefitted few. If I hadn't posted, I can guarantee someone would have in a week or two. We all can't predict the future...just a shot to proactively consider something before a bigger blowup...I didn't come in all dictator-like or rudely imposing my demands...nor was I knocking anyone for their strategy (not even Swivel - he was just our standout example from League #1 ). Hopefully there are no ill feelings from anyone in either of Houdini's leagues from my posts...if so, I apologize.

I hope the leagues continue on w/the slight change and we can just keep having fun and breaking cards. People can still take advantage of the scoring system even with the change if they really want to stick with their original streaming intent (i.e. pickup a roster of starters with two starts this week, drop for a roster with two the next)...albeit a little more limited, but still an option.

Last edited by DizzyDSki; 04-09-2012 at 04:14 PM.
DizzyDSki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #117 (permalink)

not gonna argue about the fact if i was streaming or not, all one has to do is look at my transactions for the 1st week.... and to clarify sonething about streaming.... streaming doesnt mean you pick up EVERY probable SP, every day
Prospect_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #118 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

deleted...

Last edited by houdini; 04-09-2012 at 05:44 PM.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #119 (permalink)

deleted!!!

Last edited by JohnnyBeGood; 04-09-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #120 (permalink)

Default Payment

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to pay. I completely forgot about it. I hope noone is too mad at me, and I hope yall let me stay in the April break.

Thanks guys
jabrown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect_Man View Post
if anyone eles looked at settings and did not plan ob streaming, they would have drafted SP's with there 1st 10+ picks..... streaming is a huge part of fantasy baseball and if you think its "bush league" you really know nothing about fantasy baseball..... the problem in this league was not streaming it was that the point system was set up poorly.... if pickin up nick blackburn vs the angels had a chance if getting you negative points(which it should), no one would pick him up for a spot start but becuz a SP can get rocked and still get you points its a no brainer(a la beckett getting rocked and getting me 7+ points).....so either people didnt read or understand the rules..... and if you have never played fantast baseball before you should prob not have joined a pay league, thats why they have free public leagues......any like i said before and someles said, i hope i can still take part in your breaks houdini cuz your good at it and they are tons if fun..... and i guess ill stick with my nfbc team for now on..... good luck guys, hope ya have fun and pull some sick cards
I am assuming that this is directed at me since I was the only one who said that I had not been in a fantasy league. Its prefectly fine for someone like me to join a pay league. It would be wrong for me to get all butt hurt about someone using a strategy that I didnt know about however. In fact, it benefits all the others in the group that I have such a disadvantage in not knowing the ins and outs of the various strategies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I agree with this as well. Houdini, if there is a shortage in group 2, let us know. Hopefully we can all split the difference. At the vary least I can help you out since you shouldnt have to eat the cost when people dont pay.
imnotded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #122 (permalink)

Damn....
I didnt realize I was not subscribed to the thread, so imagine my surprise when I log on to find a full blown mutiny taking place. You all need to chill out. Fantasy leagues are supposed to be about having fun. When did it get so damned competitive.
Houdini, I say let the pro fantasy players leave. Those of us left will try to cover the difference and HAVE FUN while we do it.
On another note, since I got your pm about this practice, I have cycled some pitchers over the past two days. Again, I had no idea this argument was taking place, so I would be more than happy to drop the guys I picked up yesterday and today and add my original pitchers again once they clear waivers. Just let me know. I am FLEXIBLE, something I would hope everyone playing pretend baseball manager on their computer would be.
jflode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #123 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

we voted to compromise at 1 week hold instead of 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Houdini, Id take a team if you need me to. Just text/PM me

Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
If you guys are in risk of losing the league, Houdini, please PM me. I can take over a team that has already been drafted, I don't care. Hoping you are able to to tie up all loose ends though.
you have been voted in, thank you

The teams are both good - I figure to random them if that is ok?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
we voted to compromise at 1 week hold instead of 2

you have been voted in, thank you

The teams are both good - I figure to random them if that is ok?
Sure, whatever works. If you could just PM me with what I owe/when to pay that would be great. I've subscribed to the thread as well.

(If anyone else seriously wanted to pick up a team, I don't mind bowing out. I'm happy to try my hand at this though)
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #125 (permalink)

I failed to bring this up in our discussion:

Why not set a max innings pitched limit for each week?

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/mrmike_13/
mrmike79 is offline   Reply With Quote