Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
vintage9788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northeast
Posts: 417
Default

Looking to trade for mets or Dbacks in either case, I have Mariners and Giants in Case 1
vintage9788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #102 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 5,710
Default

Are you randomizing each USA auto/refractor separately, or randomizing all the USA autos/refractors as 1 lot?
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
DirtyBirdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ct
Posts: 941
Default

Wow looked at the tigers from the checklist. NO prospects. But there are Jacob Turner RCs. Lets go red /5!
DirtyBirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
Butchhig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 235
Default

Case 1 Twins/Red Sox. Not too shabby. C'mon Matt Barnes!
Butchhig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 611
Default

The OP only says the participant list will be randomized and matched to the team list below, doesnt really matter for me as i would have gotten the A's if it werent random but i dont think the team list should have been randomed.
Gocubs83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #106 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calera, AL
Posts: 559
Default

I dont either as this is my first online break and its just fishy to me thats all
CutlerCrue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
tiger221166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,049
Default

I agree that the original post was a tad unclear, but it's common practice to randomize both, and after all...it's all still random either way, right?
tiger221166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
Butchhig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocubs83 View Post
The OP only says the participant list will be randomized and matched to the team list below, doesnt really matter for me as i would have gotten the A's if it werent random but i dont think the team list should have been randomed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerCrue View Post
I dont either as this is my first online break and its just fishy to me thats all
Says right in the OP that the teams will be randomized as well...


This will be a RANDOM TEAM BREAK (30 spots). Team USA Player Cards, it (or they) will be randomed against all participants of the break.

All cards go to the team that is on the card, not where the player is currently. Also, each team list will be randomed against each case separately, so if you’ve joined both breaks, you won’t necessarily get the same team in both cases.
Butchhig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
mr_yoshi_san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,744
Default

1) slots will be randomize by a mod 3 times
2) matching up with the list below

so that means team list shouldnt have been random

edit maybe if the word random was added to the part where it says with the list below would clear this up. anyhow it was randomize correctly
__________________

Last edited by mr_yoshi_san; 04-25-2012 at 10:58 AM.
mr_yoshi_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 611
Default

Noted, i also just looked up some old random team breaks and looks like that is how its always done. Lets have a good break. Padres are for sale. $15
Gocubs83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #111 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_yoshi_san View Post
1) slots will be randomize by a mod 3 times
2) matching up with the list below

so that means team list shouldnt have been random

edit maybe if the word random was added to the part where it says with the list below would clear this up. anyhow it was randomize correctly
All breaks have the teams randomed as well. Because the list of teams themselves can be sorted in various ways. The team list here was sorted alphabetically. Ive seen lists sorted by divisions, random, cities, or even sorted by team names alphabetically instead of city name first alphabetically.

For example.

1. Arizona Diamondbacks
vs
4. Diamondbacks-Arizona

This is the reason why its safer to random the list of participants as well as the team list. That way there is no specific order to anything. Just a mumbo jumbo and a hail mary!! that you luck out with something good!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #112 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calera, AL
Posts: 559
Default

well as this is my first break i was understanding it as written that is why i though i had cubs, dodgers, and angels. i dont really care what the other breaks have said when i signed up it said the spots will be randomed to the list of teams below.. thats why i chose the spots i did
CutlerCrue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 5,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerCrue View Post
well as this is my first break i was understanding it as written that is why i though i had cubs, dodgers, and angels. i dont really care what the other breaks have said when i signed up it said the spots will be randomed to the list of teams below.. thats why i chose the spots i did
it doesn't matter what spots you chose, it was still going to be randomed. Whether he randomed slots, or both slots and teams, you have no idea who you're going to get, so this statement really doesn't make sense.
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
tiger221166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerCrue View Post
well as this is my first break i was understanding it as written that is why i though i had cubs, dodgers, and angels. i dont really care what the other breaks have said when i signed up it said the spots will be randomed to the list of teams below.. thats why i chose the spots i did
your original spots are irrelevant since they're getting randomized anyway...
tiger221166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6,916
Default

People are basically complaining cause they aren't happy with the team they got, so they want a chance at another team

Guys, its randomed, just give up already! Lets just break and have fun!
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 5,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
People are basically complaining cause they aren't happy with the team they got, so they want a chance at another team

Guys, its randomed, just give up already! Lets just break and have fun!
Thank you! I agree. Random is random....that's all. You can't look at what you could have gotten if it was differently.
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
tiger221166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
All breaks have the teams randomed as well. Because the list of teams themselves can be sorted in various ways. The team list here was sorted alphabetically. Ive seen lists sorted by divisions, random, cities, or even sorted by team names alphabetically instead of city name first alphabetically.

For example.

1. Arizona Diamondbacks
vs
4. Diamondbacks-Arizona

This is the reason why its safer to random the list of participants as well as the team list. That way there is no specific order to anything. Just a mumbo jumbo and a hail mary!! that you luck out with something good!

100% agree..
tiger221166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calera, AL
Posts: 559
Default

complaining.. well actually i was on here right after the random and i honestly thought i had cubs, dodgers, and angels the way i understood it
CutlerCrue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calera, AL
Posts: 559
Default

and of course no one is gonna complain that got the royals, o's, and dbacks
CutlerCrue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 5,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerCrue View Post
and of course no one is gonna complain that got the royals, o's, and dbacks
...and of course, people will complain that didn't get "ideal" teams. works both ways.
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calera, AL
Posts: 559
Default

it dont matter.. im content with my teams its a learning experience i wont be complaining if i hit a jofe fernandez red auto haha. also if i get o's with no bundy's everything happens for a reason
CutlerCrue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 5,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerCrue View Post
it dont matter.. im content with my teams its a learning experience i wont be complaining if i hit a jofe fernandez red auto haha. also if i get o's with no bundy's everything happens for a reason
Don't sleep on Bichette from the yankees too. He sells very well, so you hit a color there, and you'll be in great shape!
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #123 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerCrue View Post
well as this is my first break i was understanding it as written that is why i though i had cubs, dodgers, and angels. i dont really care what the other breaks have said when i signed up it said the spots will be randomed to the list of teams below.. thats why i chose the spots i did

Just for arguments sake..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerCrue View Post
ill take spots 4,17,18 in bowman draft thanks

You picked 4, 17 and 18. You chose these spots strategically as you said above right?

By choosing these spots, what teams were you expecting to get? The same teams in those spots? Even knowing full well you would have been randomed and never ended up in those spots?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #124 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 12,727
Default

Looks like I left a bit of ambiguity in the OP. The team list AND participant list were randomized, as requested, and as mentioned in the section above the bullets. When I said "matched to the team list below," I meant that those are the teams available in the break.

I am sorry for any confusion, guys, but am glad to see a lot of supporters as to the way it was done (the right way).

Cutler - You have the Pirates, Marlins, and Yankees. Both lists are always randomized, I just wasn't as clear as I should have been. My apologies.

Also, case has been ordered. Will post tracking when it ships!

Last edited by tajikey; 04-25-2012 at 11:25 AM.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #125 (permalink)
Member
 
mr_yoshi_san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
People are basically complaining cause they aren't happy with the team they got, so they want a chance at another team

Guys, its randomed, just give up already! Lets just break and have fun!
Those who end up with good teams will of course defend the randomize list. So we just gotta reread the OP and make sure it is done correctly rather than trying to complaing out of the blue.

Team list was also to be randomize so there you go
__________________
mr_yoshi_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.