Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #426 (permalink)

1. 2010 Donruss elite extra edition drew smyly auto 278/799 9.0/10.0
2. 2004 leaf limited monikers Miguel Cabrera dual jersey auto 16/50 9.0/9.0
3. 2011 bowman sterling dual auto mikel leshoure/Titus young 15/25 9.5/10.0
4. 2012 bowman chrome base Danny hultzen 9.0
5. 2012 bowman chrome base nick castellanos 9.5
6. 10-11 limited dual jersey auto Greg Monroe 37/99 9.0/10.0

i like my grades, i think some of the higher end ones got knocked off (not mine but others)

if u dont mind posting my sub-grades i would like that
Old 06-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #427 (permalink)

Really psyched that my Lindor blue got a 9.5/10... I was pretty doubtful. Thanks again to the host for everything.....group hug, anyone?
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #428 (permalink)

most of these 2012 bowman chrome's aren't getting good grades, Weird
Old 06-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #429 (permalink)

2012 Leaf Andrew Luck error card serial numbered 39/350 9.5

Fist card ever submitted and I am totally happy with it!

Thanks for hosting Barb, you put up with alot of heat but in the end it all turned out the way it should

Mike
Aug06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #430 (permalink)

SportsamericaPOST RESULTS
1 - 2011 Bowman Draft USA Albert Almora Gold Ref Auto 34/50 9.5/10.0
1 - 2011 Bowamn Draft USA Adrian Marin Ref Auto 146/199 9.0/10.0
1 - 2011 Bowman Draft USA Nelson Rodriguez Auto 9.5/10.0
2 - 2008 Topps Chrome Chris Johnson BOTH 9.5

First sub to Beckett... Not bad if I say so myself. The bowman draft was from a group break on here...
sportsamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #431 (permalink)

MainelobsterPOST RESULTS
2011 Sage Five Star Triple Auto Cam Newton / Blaine Gabbert / Christian Ponder #'d 7/15 9.5/10.0
2011 Sage Five Star Dual Auto Cam Newton/Christian Ponder #'d 9/50 9.5/10.0
2011 Sage Five Star Dual Auto Cam Newton/Mark Ingram #'d 11/100 9.0/10.0

Very happy with the results. I was just really hoping that the triple auto of Newton / Gabbert and Ponder would get a 9.5. I figure all 3 of them can't be a bust!

Thanks again Barber!
mainelobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #432 (permalink)

Let us know what we owe you for shipping barber
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #433 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Shocking someone would have a life outside of getting you your grades as soon as possible? 8pm sharp barber posted saying grades were going up, I'd laugh in your face if you had the nerve to tell me you leave work early to get your stupid trading card update posted. Barber did great considering the circumstances, you can't expect him to be blowing up the Beckett phones 24/7 like it's his job.

And going from pack to toploader doesn't meaning anything, clearly you need to go back and learn how grading works. It's laughable to get the grades you got, what it means is probably none of those cards were worth grading. I don't think I've ever seen someone send that many cards into BGS and not get one 9.5 back. Heck half of your cards couldn't even get 9's, you are clearly overlooking some obvious flaws.
Explain to me the fine points of grading my friend. Should I be sending you my cards? As the host of a BGS Submission that person should be on the phone 24/7 like its his job, even after they are already late. If your the head of your company and everyone in the company is pissed because they don't get paid for 2 weeks then who do you think they are gonna be burning up the phone lines to? The boss. Personally if you look over the cards if you paid the extra dollar then your auto was 90% chance a 10... and if it was a Harper/Sterling or big name card then the card itself got a pretty good grade. I'll have to wait till I get a scan of the cards after the fact though. Beckett it seems looks to preserve the resale value of higher end big names rather than grade each card as its own. Kinda like the judges of the Bradley Paquio fight... you put a little more money in their pocket and they see something totally different. Its not half of my cards you need to worry about. Thanks though.
justinhiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #434 (permalink)

Quote:
Shocking someone would have a life outside of getting you your grades as soon as possible? 8pm sharp barber posted saying grades were going up, I'd laugh in your face if you had the nerve to tell me you leave work early to get your stupid trading card update posted. Barber did great considering the circumstances, you can't expect him to be blowing up the Beckett phones 24/7 like it's his job.

And going from pack to toploader doesn't meaning anything, clearly you need to go back and learn how grading works. It's laughable to get the grades you got, what it means is probably none of those cards were worth grading. I don't think I've ever seen someone send that many cards into BGS and not get one 9.5 back. Heck half of your cards couldn't even get 9's, you are clearly overlooking some obvious flaws.

im still waiting for blowout to make a like button
Old 06-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #435 (permalink)

Not one single 10? Kind of disappointing..
mainelobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #436 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainelobster View Post
Not one single 10? Kind of disappointing..
plenty of 9.5's, but a few more than expected of 8.5's
Old 06-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #437 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhiggs View Post
Explain to me the fine points of grading my friend. Should I be sending you my cards? As the host of a BGS Submission that person should be on the phone 24/7 like its his job, even after they are already late. If your the head of your company and everyone in the company is pissed because they don't get paid for 2 weeks then who do you think they are gonna be burning up the phone lines to? The boss. Personally if you look over the cards if you paid the extra dollar then your auto was 90% chance a 10... and if it was a Harper/Sterling or big name card then the card itself got a pretty good grade. I'll have to wait till I get a scan of the cards after the fact though. Beckett it seems looks to preserve the resale value of higher end big names rather than grade each card as its own. Kinda like the judges of the Bradley Paquio fight... you put a little more money in their pocket and they see something totally different. Its not half of my cards you need to worry about. Thanks though.
Barberromo did just that, he was one the phone like every damn day, sometimes multiple times a day. And then there's people like you who are mad because 45 minutes after he said he'd call, you don't have an update. Of course he has a responsibility as the holder of all our cards, but it can't be his top priority. His job, family, etc should always come first and any sane person will respect that. You seem like the kind of guy that demands tracking from a card seller less than 24 hours after you buy and accuse him of scamming you if he doesn't send it withing an hour of the first PM you send. Paranoid much?

There was no reason for people like you to get up in arms about this. Barberromo had a payment issue which is likely what pushed the cards back. He stayed on Beckett's ass and got them to get it done. Nowhere in there was there any indication he was pulling a fast one.

On another note why do you need your cards so damn fast? There was a payment error, it delayed the cards a few days. Big deal! You dead set on selling them all the second you get them? You have a bunch of red refractors they aren't gonna be worth $5 a piece tomorrow, although you did hurt their values with the crappy grades you got.

And I don't give a crap what grades you got, I just think it's funny that you were the most panicked and paranoid person in this submission and you apparently don't know how grading works. I wouldn't be shocked if your cards are off-center and have surface scratches galore. Those happen all the time whether they are "pack to toploader" or not.

You're gonna get your cards, they will be slabbed with your crap grades, chill out.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #438 (permalink)

.... like

http://s1151.photobucket.com/albums/o635/DMOneyHOE/?start=all
DMOneyHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #439 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMOneyHOE View Post
.... like
x2 like
sportsamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #440 (permalink)

1. Adrian Peterson (08) topps Letterman X-factor Auto #3/3 7.0/9.0
2. Dick Butkus 11 NT #18/25 9.5/10.0
3. Von Miller 11 NT RPA #13/25 9.0/10.0

Wow... And i thought the AP would grade the Highest... At least pc item was 9.5..

Barber thanks for Hosting You did on Hella of a job..

Collecting Da Bears auto/patches
bearsfanfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #441 (permalink)

Quote:
As the host of a BGS Submission that person should be on the phone 24/7 like its his job, even after they are already late. If your the head of your company and everyone in the company is pissed because they don't get paid for 2 weeks then who do you think they are gonna be burning up the phone lines to? The boss.
I guess I'm a tad bit confused from the above post... So the world stops because Beckett misses a deadline? You're comparing this to people not receiving a paycheck for two weeks? You realize he's not profiting from this, correct?

Quote:
Personally if you look over the cards if you paid the extra dollar then your auto was 90% chance a 10... and if it was a Harper/Sterling or big name card then the card itself got a pretty good grade. I'll have to wait till I get a scan of the cards after the fact though. Beckett it seems looks to preserve the resale value of higher end big names rather than grade each card as its own. Kinda like the judges of the Bradley Paquio fight... you put a little more money in their pocket and they see something totally different. Its not half of my cards you need to worry about. Thanks though.
So if I'm following correctly, apparently the extra dollar Beckett charges to grade the autograph is nothing more than a bribe? It wouldn't have anything to do with the extra material or labor I guess. 10 auto grades aren't really that uncommon.

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #442 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
I guess I'm a tad bit confused from the above post... So the world stops because Beckett misses a deadline? You're comparing this to people not receiving a paycheck for two weeks? You realize he's not profiting from this, correct?

So if I'm following correctly, apparently the extra dollar Beckett charges to grade the autograph is nothing more than a bribe? It wouldn't have anything to do with the extra material or labor I guess. 10 auto grades aren't really that uncommon.
It seems the refund talk kinda stopped since we got the grades.... If Beckett didn't have a guaranteed on their website then them being late would be dismissable. Now the longer we wait for Barber to make a case the more ground we lose. Just kinda wanna see Beckett try and make good to us. Barber mentioning that 9,000 views worth on a forum and some good customer service could possibly help them rebound while helping us out.

I know 10 auto grades aren't uncommon. Maybe I stated it wrong but that's what I was getting at. Theres not that much added labor in adding another grade. Think about it, how many 2011 Bryce Harper auto cards you think they have seen in the last 6 months... After the first 5 or so grading it becomes pretty routine and they are purely making profit. The extra number plate probably costs them less than a nickel.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #443 (permalink)

Quote:
Barberromo did just that, he was one the phone like every damn day, sometimes multiple times a day. And then there's people like you who are mad because 45 minutes after he said he'd call, you don't have an update. Of course he has a responsibility as the holder of all our cards, but it can't be his top priority. His job, family, etc should always come first and any sane person will respect that. You seem like the kind of guy that demands tracking from a card seller less than 24 hours after you buy and accuse him of scamming you if he doesn't send it withing an hour of the first PM you send. Paranoid much?

There was no reason for people like you to get up in arms about this. Barberromo had a payment issue which is likely what pushed the cards back. He stayed on Beckett's ass and got them to get it done. Nowhere in there was there any indication he was pulling a fast one.

On another note why do you need your cards so damn fast? There was a payment error, it delayed the cards a few days. Big deal! You dead set on selling them all the second you get them? You have a bunch of red refractors they aren't gonna be worth $5 a piece tomorrow, although you did hurt their values with the crappy grades you got.

And I don't give a crap what grades you got, I just think it's funny that you were the most panicked and paranoid person in this submission and you apparently don't know how grading works. I wouldn't be shocked if your cards are off-center and have surface scratches galore. Those happen all the time whether they are "pack to toploader" or not.

You're gonna get your cards, they will be slabbed with your crap grades, chill out.
You feel better now or would you like to come visit me in Houston Texas and we can talk it out... ??? I welcome it. Seems weird how the tone changed from offensive to defensive once we received the grades. Like the skies opened. Black and white it was a 10 day submission. That didn't happen. Could care less if I got 5's on all my cards. No not selling any of them, thanks for putting more nonsense you have no clue about. I was simply making a few points. You seem to be the one prescribed a pill of chill. Thanks for telling me I'm going to get my cards. Duh.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #444 (permalink)

Quote:
It seems the refund talk kinda stopped since we got the grades.... If Beckett didn't have a guaranteed on their website then them being late would be dismissable. Now the longer we wait for Barber to make a case the more ground we lose. Just kinda wanna see Beckett try and make good to us. Barber mentioning that 9,000 views worth on a forum and some good customer service could possibly help them rebound while helping us out.

I know 10 auto grades aren't uncommon. Maybe I stated it wrong but that's what I was getting at. Theres not that much added labor in adding another grade. Think about it, how many 2011 Bryce Harper auto cards you think they have seen in the last 6 months... After the first 5 or so grading it becomes pretty routine and they are purely making profit. The extra number plate probably costs them less than a nickel.
First I believe I stated once the cards are received I would contact Beckett. So a little patience and I will let everyone know what is happening during that process.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #445 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barberromo2008 View Post
First I believe I stated once the cards are received I would contact Beckett. So a little patience and I will let everyone know what is happening during that process.
can u send me those sub-grades,
Old 06-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #446 (permalink)

I will base prices from last break. Will post soon.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #447 (permalink)

I have sent shipping prices. Looks like delivery is set for Thursday Or Friday depending on sorting people at the Post Office. Will keep everyone updated.
barberromo2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #448 (permalink)

Those who have paid shipping, I have marked you down in the OP.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #449 (permalink)

sent the $ for shipping, Thanks for putting up with Beckett
Old 06-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #450 (permalink)

Thanks Barb... Hopefully I got a 10 if I did I will post a pic. As for the refund..the talks are very much still alive. Barb said he would keep us posted. Now we play the waiting game(again).
ducc is offline   Reply With Quote