Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #76 (permalink)

i would go with option #2!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #77 (permalink)

I would also go for option #2
kukawbubuh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #78 (permalink)

I vote option 1.

I must say I'm a little surprised option 2 has gotten so many votes. Gridiron Legends, Precision and Timeless are considered three of the worst products of the year.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #79 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Option 1...
Old 06-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #80 (permalink)

Option 2 is going to offer more hits, but the last three boxes on that last were all pretty bad so I'll go list one. Less hits, better quality.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfromcwe View Post
Option 2 is going to offer more hits, but the last three boxes on that last were all pretty bad so I'll go list one. Less hits, better quality.
I'll take quality over quantity every time...the thought of a timeless treasures hit makes me throw up a little when I hear that name.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticamc2 View Post
I'll take quality over quantity every time...the thought of a timeless treasures hit makes me throw up a little when I hear that name.
Agreed. Its actually only 3 more hits for option 2. It really comes down to Crown+Playbook or Gridiron Legends+Precision+Timeless.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Agreed I don't think I've seen a good break of timeless yet
john7240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol this. 100% agree.
Kefka891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #85 (permalink)

So when we going active?
Old 06-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

I will put the request for active in after I get off work, and count the votes and list the boxes we are getting.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #87 (permalink)

Going with to Vote option 2

I think you have to think about fair amount of quality/quantity, there's only 16 members, 2 teams each. If we did the 1st option what's the odds everyone will get a jersey/auto card? Better odds in option 2 but slightly less quality because of timless treaaures or would you rather have prime signatures (ew)?
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/

Last edited by CP3toOKC; 06-08-2012 at 04:18 PM.
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #88 (permalink)

Honestly though, Gridiron Legends and Timeless Treasures or whatever it was called were up there with the likes of Bowman Sigs this year [ok, maybe a slight stretch]. Very few good boxes being broken. You can very easily get four hits in either box and not make 10% of your money back on either. Contenders I don't feel is solid either, but it is a time proven set that people like.

Really, and this is just my opinion, if I'm joining a break like this, I would rather have a shot at getting a Franco Harris auto of a set like Gold Standard or Playbook [and there were multiple vet hits that I saw in many, many boxes] than getting a Aldrick Robinson out of Gridiron Legends.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfromcwe View Post
Honestly though, Gridiron Legends and Timeless Treasures or whatever it was called were up there with the likes of Bowman Sigs this year [ok, maybe a slight stretch]. Very few good boxes being broken. You can very easily get four hits in either box and not make 10% of your money back on either. Contenders I don't feel is solid either, but it is a time proven set that people like.

Really, and this is just my opinion, if I'm joining a break like this, I would rather have a shot at getting a Franco Harris auto of a set like Gold Standard or Playbook [and there were multiple vet hits that I saw in many, many boxes] than getting a Aldrick Robinson out of Gridiron Legends.
Gridiron Legends has some good hits and bad, but don't every product have bad hits too? And didn't know you were trying to make a profit on breaking wax, more than likely you won't, or any of us for that matter. I'm happy with just 4 boxes of GS but I dunno if everyone in the group wanted high end or that they like variety like a 18-24 box packs.
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3toOKC View Post
Gridiron Legends has some good hits and bad, but don't every product have bad hits too? And didn't know you were trying to make a profit on breaking wax, more than likely you won't, or any of us for that matter. I'm happy with just 4 boxes of GS but I dunno if everyone in the group wanted high end or that they like variety like a 18-24 box packs.
4 boxes of GS would be fun too. I'm down for anything really. Any which way its going to be fun! The real low boxes with tons of packs of mainly base are a waste imo, though.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #91 (permalink)

I like option #1
Olajuwon, Drexler, Earl Campbell/Longhorns, Byfuglien, Red Wings, Patrick/Evander Kane
pengages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3toOKC View Post

My post in no way implied that I was trying to make profit. However, cards with high value tend to sell for more money. The implication therein being that there were not a lot of great pulls from those boxes. I would be fine with something like 4 boxes of Gold Standard. It just depends what you in it for. I would like to get some nice cards, as opposed to just getting some cards...
Old 06-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #93 (permalink)

I might be wrong but this is a group break...where "hits" are not guaranteed. Who gives two craps about a Bilal Powell jersey card from timeless treasures box. We pool our money to buy great products for the chance to get great hits. If I wanted junk I could buy that on my own each month.

That's why I joined, for a "chance" to get killer hits...why did you guys join?

Look at me, making friends already

Last edited by Nauticamc2; 06-08-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Nauticamc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #94 (permalink)

Frankly we should get a five star and a playbook, pick two teams and let the chips fall where they may...IMO
Old 06-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Frankly we should get a five star and a playbook, pick two teams and let the chips fall where they may...IMO
I would even look into just spending $500 a month and saving the other $36 and then every few months get a high end box like 5* or NT... We did a break yesterday and I ended up with a Peyton Manning inscribed auto. I was pretty happy. Not gonna get that [especially with that value] in lower end stuff.

My feeling is this: if Im putting money in, I'm would rather take a shot at getting something meaningful than settling just to try to get something. We pool our money to buy more products so that it increases our chances at getting something nice.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #96 (permalink)

I'm ok with almost everything the group agrees to break.

I would prefer to do a group break where I have a 20% chance of pulling a legit card (say $20+ card) than a 80% chance of pulling a basic jersey card or some scrub auto. I'm personally not willing to put down $150 for a box of playbook, so the possibility of getting one of the book autos is really enticing.

Another thing is that we don't need to spend the max amount each month. I'd rather roll the $50 into next months break and get a better box next month than be struggling to max out the money with a box of Timeless. (If we save $50 a month, we can get a case of Chrome when it comes out, assuming the price doesn't increase).

I think we should try to get a good blend of products to satisfy everyone. Some high end, some mid and some low. Maybe one month we do a box of NT and then the next do mid/low end boxes.

Another thing I'd like to do is get a box of each of the new products (unless some look really bad or overpriced). Perhaps get 1 box of something new and then fill out the break with good valued products from current or past years.

Last edited by JChrist1732; 06-08-2012 at 06:20 PM.
JChrist1732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChrist1732 View Post
I'm ok with almost everything the group agrees to break.

I would prefer to do a group break where I have a 20% chance of pulling a legit card (say $20+ card) than a 80% chance of pulling a basic jersey card or some scrub auto. I'm personally not willing to put down $150 for a box of playbook, so the possibility of getting one of the book autos is really enticing.

Another thing is that we don't need to spend the max amount each month. I'd rather roll the $50 into next months break and get a better box next month than be struggling to max out the money with a box of Timeless.

I think we should try to get a good blend of products to satisfy everyone. Some high end, some mid and some low. Maybe one month we do a box of NT and then the next do mid/low end boxes.

Another thing I'd like to do is get a box of each of the new products (unless some look really bad or overpriced). Perhaps get 1 box of something new and then fill out the break with good valued products from current or past years.
I agree with this post, as well as Nick and Nauticam. The better products should be more of a priority. Better a 20% chance of a great card than 80% of a $3 jersey card.

Jchrist, I totally agree with not feeling stressed about making sure all the funds are spent each month. The more rollover we save, the better products we'll be able to cash in on eventually. Better a national treasures then several timeless treasures, no doubt!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka891 View Post
I agree with this post, as well as Nick and Nauticam. The better products should be more of a priority. Better a 20% chance of a great card than 80% of a $3 jersey card.

Jchrist, I totally agree with not feeling stressed about making sure all the funds are spent each month. The more rollover we save, the better products we'll be able to cash in on eventually. Better a national treasures then several timeless treasures, no doubt!
I agree with this as well, we need to decide though so I can post the decision to the OP and get us moved to active,
Old 06-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #99 (permalink)
Banned

as it stands option 1 is winning, just wanted to let every one know the hits per option as well,
#1 has 29 auto/mem hits
#2 has 24 auto/mem hits

this is the first month we will get the kinks worked out as we go along, also if the group wants we could drop a box from which ever option wins and put that money aside for another month.

I also want to make this clear, for the first couple of breaks ( BO Rules) I can not be in the break so any cards from my two spots will be randomed among the group. Untill I can be apart of the break each member will have to pay $2.66 extra.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #100 (permalink)

option 3

58 boxes of 91 score
121 boxes of 89 topps
365487 boxes of Donruss

I vote option 3
thetintwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote