Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #301 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbloom View Post
You know I am in. Although i would like to see more of distribution of prizes. Thanks Pico04!
We can work something out....Maybe a 1st 2nd 3rd Prize
NFL: Green Bay Packers
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico04 View Post
I wanted to host a Fantasy Football League....But I didnt want to deal with newbies or people I rarely/ever deal with so I thought I would bring it up to you guys. We have been one of the most successfully run groups and we can thank Lex for that!...So I thought this would be a great way to add to the group

Anyone interested?....Im thinking 1 Card worth $50.00 with The Runner Up Getting Their Card Back and The Winner Receiving The Rest.

About 8-10 Participants minimum is what I'm looking for....Let me know what you guys think.
What are we basing the $50 value from Ebay or BV? Either way I'd be interested.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:39 AM   #303 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
What are we basing the $50 value from Ebay or BV? Either way I'd be interested.
To prevent issues I would base any entries value off of Current Ebay Value....
Old 06-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #304 (permalink)

I would be in. Would love to up the anti. Maybe card wise and bo credit or something. I vote single draft, although I would reall like everyone to hopefully get something and not shut out.

$52 payments due the 1st
lexus2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #305 (permalink)

I'm in for the fantasy football. Will we be going by ebay value now or ebay value once season starts? And do we all send the cards to 1 person to hold?
joestyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #306 (permalink)

Quote:
I wanted to host a Fantasy Football League....But I didnt want to deal with newbies or people I rarely/ever deal with so I thought I would bring it up to you guys. We have been one of the most successfully run groups and we can thank Lex for that!...So I thought this would be a great way to add to the group

Anyone interested?....Im thinking 1 Card worth $50.00 with The Runner Up Getting Their Card Back and The Winner Receiving The Rest.

About 8-10 Participants minimum is what I'm looking for....Let me know what you guys think.
I would be in for this as well.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #307 (permalink)

Pico, count me in but my card inventory is probably short on cards worth $50 ebay value (I like to blame this on Lex Details need to be worked out but I think we can pull it off with this group.

It would even be cool if week to week matchups everyone put up a card (maybe of $10 value). Would be a lot more work but would make each week fun.
Gator993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #308 (permalink)

Didnt see a new thread for next month, but just sent payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus2903 View Post
I would be in. Would love to up the anti. Maybe card wise and bo credit or something. I vote single draft, although I would reall like everyone to hopefully get something and not shut out.

$52 payments due the 1st
Base: http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n507/L_I_P/Baseball/
fishtaco02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #309 (permalink)

Now that I got some interest I will put finalize the buy in and details and get the info to you guys.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #310 (permalink)

pmnt sent for July. Thanks as always Lexus.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #311 (permalink)

Quote:

Already started one league up here and could join another but personally hate your prize idea. I thought I would mention this. We have 12 teams, $25 card stake each. Winner gets to choose 6 of the cards he picks, 2nd place gets to choose 3 cards from the remaining 6 cards left, 3rd gets remaining three cards. Total of 12 cards disbursed between 3 teams. I would be interested in joining another league that I have a shot at getting something from but your Winner takes all method except 2nd place getting his card back idea keeps me from wanting to get in. If you change up how your doing that let me know. I love playing fantasy football.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #312 (permalink)

i may be interested if there is more than just 1 winner and maybe a lower price card than 50
Old 06-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #313 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Already started one league up here and could join another but personally hate your prize idea. I thought I would mention this. We have 12 teams, $25 card stake each. Winner gets to choose 6 of the cards he picks, 2nd place gets to choose 3 cards from the remaining 6 cards left, 3rd gets remaining three cards. Total of 12 cards disbursed between 3 teams. I would be interested in joining another league that I have a shot at getting something from but your Winner takes all method except 2nd place getting his card back idea keeps me from wanting to get in. If you change up how your doing that let me know. I love playing fantasy football.

Im open to all ideas and working it out so that we can get more prize winners....Im a All or nothing type guy but I can understand where your coming from. I'll work on the details and present them later on....hopefully today.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #314 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconde View Post
i may be interested if there is more than just 1 winner and maybe a lower price card than 50
There will be more than just 1 winner but I dont think I will be willing to drop the value of the card lower than $50.00
Old 06-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #315 (permalink)

Quote:

I would be up for it.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #316 (permalink)

I'm more of a BV guy, but if there are some guidelines are far as how to determine the SV off of ebay. (just go by last sale, avg of past # of sales) I wouldn't mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconde View Post
Base: http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n507/L_I_P/Baseball/
fishtaco02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #317 (permalink)

Im an all or nothing type guy too Pico but have fought this battle for years in all of my leagues. The majority always want to pay more spots. Its not all bad but I would think you would need 12-14 owners for a good 3 team payout structure.

I co run the best fantasy football league around im my own humble opinion and tweek the rules almost every year. The one thing I found that solves some of the heartbreak for owners missing the cash is a weekly prize(takes some of the sting out). It goes to the team with the highest over all score.

Could be completely different doing this based on cards but I have a few ideas. Besides everyone submitting a card for the overall prizes what if everyone paid enough for a box or 2 of something that would have at least 13 packs (Im thinking contenders) then the weekly winner gets Pico to open the prize on ustream or whatever every Wed (just an example). All prizes would be then held by pico til the end of the season to save shipping unless the winner wants to pay for the shipping to have something shipped early.

Example. 10 Teams, 2 box of 2011 Contenders (48 packs). ($210 or $22 each after pp) Each regular season weekly high score (13 weeks) gets 3 packs. The 5 packs left over goes to the Regular Season Champ (since fantasy football playoffs are a crapshoot this will reward them something).
Old 06-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #318 (permalink)

The other thing we do is once the 4 teams make the playoffs we dont have it head to head. We do most points for the 3 weeks of the playoffs (weeks 14, 15, and 16)
Old 06-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #319 (permalink)

I will put up a new thread for July break tonight when I get home. We already have confirmation on 2 cases and payments are $52 each but need in by the 1st so we can bust on release.
Also, so far 1 draft appears to be the leader.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #320 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator993 View Post
Im an all or nothing type guy too Pico but have fought this battle for years in all of my leagues. The majority always want to pay more spots. Its not all bad but I would think you would need 12-14 owners for a good 3 team payout structure.

I co run the best fantasy football league around im my own humble opinion and tweek the rules almost every year. The one thing I found that solves some of the heartbreak for owners missing the cash is a weekly prize(takes some of the sting out). It goes to the team with the highest over all score.

Could be completely different doing this based on cards but I have a few ideas. Besides everyone submitting a card for the overall prizes what if everyone paid enough for a box or 2 of something that would have at least 13 packs (Im thinking contenders) then the weekly winner gets Pico to open the prize on ustream or whatever every Wed (just an example). All prizes would be then held by pico til the end of the season to save shipping unless the winner wants to pay for the shipping to have something shipped early.

Example. 10 Teams, 2 box of 2011 Contenders (48 packs). ($210 or $22 each after pp) Each regular season weekly high score (13 weeks) gets 3 packs. The 5 packs left over goes to the Regular Season Champ (since fantasy football playoffs are a crapshoot this will reward them something).
My example is on the smaller scale side. I would also be in for splitting 13 boxes of inception or whatever and pay about $100 each into the weekly pool so each weekly winner gets his/her own box. But Im also a guy who thinks dropping $150 on a 4 month fantasy football season is reasonable I know others like to keep it cheaper and I respect that. So made my example on a smaller scale.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #321 (permalink)

For the main card entry I think once we have the 10-12 owners lined up everyone submits 3 cards around the $50 value and all owners can vote on one of the 3 cards or $50 cash. Since the Cash will be an option to vote no one should skimp on the cards to put up to be available cause everyone should rather put up a card then cash.

Which ever option wins the majority vote (out of the 9 or 11 owners) that card (or possilbly cash) gets shipped to Pico for keeping for the season.

Sorry got me rambling on something I love thinking about.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #322 (permalink)

I like a weekly high point award of say $5-$10 per team paid via pp each week to the winner.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #323 (permalink)

Quote:

I'm in for some fanasty football. Also, I vote for 2 drafts.
About to start a Patrick Peterson Collection
tthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #324 (permalink)

We seem to have alot of interest in a fantasy league here. Maybe two leagues would work better?

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #325 (permalink)

Here Are The Details Guys:

BO Monthly Football Group Break League