Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #276 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Payment sent.
Thank you, sir. 3 more to go!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #277 (permalink)

Guys. Payments aside for a hot second. We've got about a month to go, and I'd like to continue speculating.

Starling Marte will debut for the Bucs tomorrow -- is there enough time to squeeze him in? Nifty power/speed guy, kinda like a McCutchen Lite. Could generate some extra buzz if he hits well and Pittsburgh is still fighting for a playoff spot at the end of August.

What do y'all think?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #278 (permalink)

So this raises a bigger question - maybe someone knows (without guessing). When it comes to product releases, how quickly does it take for a company like Topps to be able to add someone to the checklist? I mean, let's say today is 7/26....product releases in a few weeks. How long does it take to make the decision, get the photo, produce the actual card, etc. I mean, by this point, aren't the cards already printed/cut/produced/packaged, or does that actually happen like a day or two before the cards ship? Anybody know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Guys. Payments aside for a hot second. We've got about a month to go, and I'd like to continue speculating.

Starling Marte will debut for the Bucs tomorrow -- is there enough time to squeeze him in? Nifty power/speed guy, kinda like a McCutchen Lite. Could generate some extra buzz if he hits well and Pittsburgh is still fighting for a playoff spot at the end of August.

What do y'all think?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #279 (permalink)

I bet they don't print until a few days before ship, and the factory just goes hard core all night long those few days before
Collecting Red Sox and Vintage
CollectorKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #280 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
So this raises a bigger question - maybe someone knows (without guessing). When it comes to product releases, how quickly does it take for a company like Topps to be able to add someone to the checklist? I mean, let's say today is 7/26....product releases in a few weeks. How long does it take to make the decision, get the photo, produce the actual card, etc. I mean, by this point, aren't the cards already printed/cut/produced/packaged, or does that actually happen like a day or two before the cards ship? Anybody know?
There is always the dreaded redemption as well. Marte would definitely be a nice addition if he does well.

Bucket: http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/gryder35/library/Baseball%20-%20For%20Trade
BucksBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #281 (permalink)

This is true. Very true. Last minute add...no need to worry about photo, printing, etc. Just print up a bunch of redemptions. Good call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksBandit View Post
There is always the dreaded redemption as well. Marte would definitely be a nice addition if he does well.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #282 (permalink)

I have a feeling this is going to be my favorite break so far, due to product, but more importantly, the participants (minus the ones that backed out).

As Bucks mentioned, it wouldn't be hard for Topps to print a bunch of stickers and codes, slap them to blank backs, and insert them in packs. Nishioka, Freeman, and Espinosa were all redemptions last year, and I'd like to think one or all of them were last minute adds. Granted, Nishioka didn't sign, but at least the risk is there!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #283 (permalink)
Banned

I went on a group break tear in June. July went quiet as most products dont deliver till August. Now comes august, .... full of breaks. Cant wait for this one and the finest break.

Its on like Donkey Kong!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #284 (permalink)

I'm in that Finest break with you, courtesy of Mike Trout base RC sales! I was happy to see the snake draft format.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #285 (permalink)
Banned

im all for hard luck randoms lol.

I was going through all the 2011 BDPP group breaks I was in. I didnt realize the sheer amount of stuff I have that I didnt sort. Just found out that Trout had a rc in bowman chrome. I have like 18 refractors.

I got a package lastnight from imnotded from the last 2011 BDPP break and he sent in the bundy ref auto I hit. Came back a 9.5. While putting it away (Sorting) I noticed that I had like 35+ BC rookies of his. I hope Kevin Matthews turns into something one day. You dont want to know how many of his BC cards I have.

Might have to do player lots soon enough.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #286 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
im all for hard luck randoms lol.

I was going through all the 2011 BDPP group breaks I was in. I didnt realize the sheer amount of stuff I have that I didnt sort. Just found out that Trout had a rc in bowman chrome. I have like 18 refractors.

I got a package lastnight from imnotded from the last 2011 BDPP break and he sent in the bundy ref auto I hit. Came back a 9.5. While putting it away (Sorting) I noticed that I had like 35+ BC rookies of his. I hope Kevin Matthews turns into something one day. You dont want to know how many of his BC cards I have.

Might have to do player lots soon enough.
That's insane about the Trouts. I just sold a refractor for $30 dlvd. If you've got 18 of them, you're sitting on a gold mine. You could easily move all of them at $25 BIN, but I know it's pain in the butt to sell through eBay as a Canadian resident.

I would fear hitting the Pirates, Padres, Mets, or Cubs in a hard luck random of this year's Finest. Cubs and Mets have no rookies or autos in the product, at least not based on the preliminary checklist.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #287 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I'm in that Finest break with you, courtesy of Mike Trout base RC sales!
Man, I just made a killing on COMC from Trout base. Did a 10-case 2011 Finest break a few weeks back and ended up with 40 base RCs or so along with a handful of colored refractors.

On Monday, I started selling the base rookie cards one at a time, setting the price as the lowest on the site. Someone kept snapping 'em up at $10/pop! So each time they bought the one I listed, I just listed the next one in my inventory -- they kept buying them! So I took a break after a dozen or so. Later that night, COMC, updated its Beckett book value on that Trout rookie card from $10 to $20. I listed again at $15, and someone started buying them AGAIN.

After about 30 base rookies and 5 refractors sold, I'm already about $100 over the $350 I initially invested in the break. The rest of the base is still in the processing queue -- I guess I may as well wait to see if his stuff continues to appreciate. Will probably hold on to the leftover refractors for my PC.

Anything else at this point will be gravy...I've still got 10 cases worth of Kimbrel, Nishioka and Ogando rookie cards from that break as well as a couple dozen Finest Freshmen inserts that haven't even made it to COMC yet!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #288 (permalink)

Quote:
Man, I just made a killing on COMC from Trout base. Did a 10-case 2011 Finest break a few weeks back and ended up with 40 base RCs or so along with a handful of colored refractors.

On Monday, I started selling the base rookie cards one at a time, setting the price as the lowest on the site. Someone kept snapping 'em up at $10/pop! So each time they bought the one I listed, I just listed the next one in my inventory -- they kept buying them! So I took a break after a dozen or so. Later that night, COMC, updated its Beckett book value on that Trout rookie card from $10 to $20. I listed again at $15, and someone started buying them AGAIN.

After about 30 base rookies and 5 refractors sold, I'm already about $100 over the $350 I initially invested in the break. The rest of the base is still in the processing queue -- I guess I may as well wait to see if his stuff continues to appreciate. Will probably hold on to the leftover refractors for my PC.

Anything else at this point will be gravy...I've still got 10 cases worth of Kimbrel, Nishioka and Ogando rookie cards from that break as well as a couple dozen Finest Freshmen inserts that haven't even made it to COMC yet!
It's scenarios like this that make this hobby very fun, if I'm being honest. I mean, my Trout's were sitting in my rookie/prospect 5,000 count box doing a whole lot of nothing. It pays to sort and keep those bad boys!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #289 (permalink)

Cha-ching!

Quote:

Old 07-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #290 (permalink)
Banned

Love finding gold in the commons boxes!!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #291 (permalink)
Banned

Sorry for the hold up everyone. $117 has been sent.
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #292 (permalink)
Banned

Vetspts? That dude hasnt posted since Jun 03. 2 months.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #293 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
Sorry for the hold up everyone. $117 has been sent.
Awesome. I'll update the OP.

Quote:
Vetspts? That dude hasnt posted since Jun 03. 2 months.
Last time he signed in was July 15th. Assuming by his location that he's in the military. He hasn't responded to any PMs, but still wanted to give him a chance. We should be all paid up tomorrow, even if I need to hit up Chadc.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #294 (permalink)
Banned

With all the complaining ive been doing, I should end up with a 14th or 18th pick. lol.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #295 (permalink)

Quote:
With all the complaining ive been doing, I should end up with a 14th or 18th pick. lol.
Agreed. LOL

Looking for Brandon Dixon 2014 Bowman Chrome auto and non-auto color refractors
hester72598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #296 (permalink)

Quote:
14th or 18th pick in Chrome, actually, not that bad. 14th or 18th pick in Finest, pretty bad
Old 07-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #297 (permalink)
Banned

I just want a top 3 slot in 1,3,5.

For some odd reason I love random over draft.

Gl to everyone after the random
Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #298 (permalink)

Quote:
I just want a top 3 slot in 1,3,5.

For some odd reason I love random over draft.

Gl to everyone after the random
I like random as the host, cause it's less work to manage. I like draft as a participant, cause options are good.

But I see what you're getting at. With draft, you may get shafted regardless of what pick you make, but it's your fault for picking that team. With a random, you may get shafted, but at least you can blame it on random.org
Old 07-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #299 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I like random as the host, cause it's less work to manage. I like draft as a participant, cause options are good.

But I see what you're getting at. With draft, you may get shafted regardless of what pick you make, but it's your fault for picking that team. With a random, you may get shafted, but at least you can blame it on random.org
Or the host. LOL
Old 07-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #300 (permalink)

Quote:
Or the host. LOL
Fair enough.

I've been in contact with Chadc. He said he is more than willing to fill the last spot if Vetspts remains off the radar. Once Bostonfin pays, I'll reach out to Chad to fill and pay, and refund Vetspts, assuming he's unavailable due to military action.

The random will be requested tomorrow, that's for dang sure! Currently working on a pre-ranked draft list you fine folks can use to guide your choices.