Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #476 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
we made a rule that you have to list a price with it
So now we're making rules as we go along?
meyer9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #477 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
*sigh*...nevermind...
I've been in plenty of breaks, and I've never had a problem with saying make an offer. So if you don't have an offer than just move on.
meyer9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #478 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 12,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer9977 View Post
case 1/3/5 picks 16,22
case 2/4 picks 8,14

All are fs. Send me offers if interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Would you mind putting a price on your slots? I'm sure OJ and Calvin would like to make an offer, but they need a starting point.
I strongly encourage putting a price, otherwise, you A) won't be taken seriously, which leads to B) noone making any offers.

Breaks shouldn't be treated like eBay, where you put some astronomical number to field offers, but realize that it's nice to have a starting point. List a reasonable-to-you-and-to-me price, add "OBO," and see what happens.

I understand where you're coming from, but starting prices are exactly that, a place to start.

Last edited by tajikey; 08-15-2012 at 05:36 PM.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #479 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I strongly encourage putting a price, otherwise, you A) won't be taken seriously, which leads to B) noone making any offers.

Breaks shouldn't be treated like eBay, where you put some astronomical number to field offers. List a reasonable-to-you-and-to-me price, add "OBO," and see what happens.
I won't be taken seriously? What? Because I say make an offer? Whatever then. My spots are no longer fs.
meyer9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #480 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 12,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer9977 View Post
I won't be taken seriously? What? Because I say make an offer? Whatever then. My spots are no longer fs.
What happens more times than not is, you put a "spots x and x are available for the right price, PM me with offers," and when people PM with an offer, often times it's not high enough, in fact, 9 times out of 10, it's not high enough.

So knowing how high you wanna go from the beginning, with an expectation that you're actually willing to go lower, but want to see what others looking to buy think what you have is worth, helps people gauge what kind of offer to make for the slots.

I get that you don't want to undercut yourself, but you're going to have to weed through some lowball offers to get to a price you feel comfortable accepting, and more times than not, you decline all offers, because they're not what you think the slot(s) is/are worth.

Again, I completely understand where you're coming from, but knowing where to start actually helps interested parties get started.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #481 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
What happens more times than not is, you put a "spots x and x are available for the right price, PM me with offers," and when people PM with an offer, often times it's not high enough, in fact, 9 times out of 10, it's not high enough.

So knowing how high you wanna go from the beginning, with an expectation that you're actually willing to go lower, but want to see what others looking to buy think what you have is worth, helps people gauge what kind of offer to make for the slots.

I get that you don't want to undercut yourself, but you're going to have to weed through some lowball offers to get to a price you feel comfortable accepting, and more times than not, you decline all offers, because they're not what you think the slot(s) is/are worth.

Again, I completely understand where you're coming from, but knowing where to start actually helps interested parties get started.
Just saying I've been doing this group break thing for a while now, and this is the ONLY time that people are complaining about me saying make an offer. If you look at all the other group breaks you will see people saying make an offer.
meyer9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #482 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer9977 View Post
Just saying I've been doing this group break thing for a while now, and this is the ONLY time that people are complaining about me saying make an offer. If you look at all the other group breaks you will see people saying make an offer.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I only really find myself buying slots from people who list a starting price. As a buyer, "make me an offer" is discouraging. If your experiences indicate otherwise, then fine, I'll shut up. But it's just tiresome to keep joining group breaks where people (they're usually the same ones) are trying to flip their slots. I like breaking with people who enjoy collecting as well as profiting. "Make me an offer" just sounds greedy sometimes.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking this, I don't know. That'll conclude my brief rant for now
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #483 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I only really find myself buying slots from people who list a starting price. As a buyer, "make me an offer" is discouraging. If your experiences indicate otherwise, then fine, I'll shut up. But it's just tiresome to keep joining group breaks where people (they're usually the same ones) are trying to flip their slots. I like breaking with people who enjoy collecting as well as profiting. "Make me an offer" just sounds greedy sometimes.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking this, I don't know. That'll conclude my brief rant for now
Ok, If I put $300 on my spots I will get people saying that it is to high and offer me $100. If i put $50 on my spots is someone going to tell me that my price is to low? Heck no. So if I'm not sure of a price I just throw out make an offer and see where people are at.
meyer9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #484 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 12,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer9977 View Post
Ok, If I put $300 on my spots I will get people saying that it is to high and offer me $100. If i put $50 on my spots is someone going to tell me that my price is to low? Heck no. So if I'm not sure of a price I just throw out make an offer and see where people are at.
Right, that's why you list a reasonable-if-you-were-the-buyer price, with a what-you're-willing-to-accept-but-won't-say-it-out-loud-price, and if someone falls below that, you simply say no.

I'm just suggesting/advising/offering my two cents because of past experience as a host and as a participant.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #485 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 599
Default

case 1/3/5 picks 16,22
case 2/4 picks 8,14

$400 for the lot.
meyer9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #486 (permalink)
Member
 
Friarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 907
Default

Both buyer and seller are starting from the same price point - the original slot price. Yes, there's a bargaining advantage to making the counter rather than the first offer. To me, if you're not willing to make an offer to buy, you're probably not interested in the cards, but looking take advantage of someone who under values their slot. Nothing wrong with that either. I just don't see a need to request sellers state an opening price, especially if they're uncertain how to value it. If neither party wants to opening the bidding, move on.
Friarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #487 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sturgis S.D.
Posts: 525
Default

Maybe we should require the buyers to make and post a list of what they are willing to pay for slots. Seems fair that if we have to read all the post about "looking to buy slots", there should be a price on it.
Sounds crazy, doesn't it!
Fair is Fair after all.
__________________
"I mean living in a basement and trying to make ends meet with baseball cards is tough." *** A fellow COMC Seller***
notsublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #488 (permalink)
Member
 
CALVINXLIONSX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer9977 View Post
case 1/3/5 picks 16,22
case 2/4 picks 8,14

$400 for the lot.
Lol
__________________
Dream Card - Purchased!
Ziggy is the Ansah!
CALVINXLIONSX81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #489 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 12,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsublime View Post
Maybe we should require the buyers to make and post a list of what they are willing to pay for slots. Seems fair that if we have to read all the post about "looking to buy slots", there should be a price on it.
Sounds crazy, doesn't it!
Fair is Fair after all.
Valid point.

For the sake of not letting this whole buy/sell/trade thing place a shadow over what's going to be an insane break, as it seems either side of the argument is fair, if you're looking to sell, please place a price on your slots, if you're looking to buy, state your conditions and offer (paying $xx for a top x slot, $xx for slots in such and such range, etc.).

If either side likes what the other has to offer, please initiate that conversation through PM.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #490 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
Lol
What's the problem? You wanted a started price and there it is. If you don't like it tough. Make a counter offer.
meyer9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #491 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsublime View Post
Maybe we should require the buyers to make and post a list of what they are willing to pay for slots. Seems fair that if we have to read all the post about "looking to buy slots", there should be a price on it.
Sounds crazy, doesn't it!
Fair is Fair after all.
Not even close.

First off, I just want to say that I have nothing against people who choose to offer their spots for sale without a price. Do I feel its a ploy to gouge an unsuspecting buyer to pay more than they should for a spot? For sure. But thats up to them.

Why should a buyer have to put up a price for a slot that may not be for sale? It doesnt make sense. If a seller is selling their spot, its obvious they are looking to sell. Isnt that the point? If so, how often do you see something for sale without a price? Never. Even on ebay for BIN/BO they offer a price. In retail they offer a price. Even on blowout according to their rules and guidelines, if you have an item for sale, please post a price.

By listing a price, it makes it easier on the buyer to easily commit or reject. No horseplay, no lowballing and saves headaches.

It seems like people are joining breaks just to profit off the short sale of spots with no intentions of the collection of the product being busted. I come to this conclusion because the same people are always offering their spots for sale instantly after random, whether it be a top spot or a low spot. I understand if you are selling once in a while or settling to get a lower or higher slot through sale or trade. The general feeling is that they are just "selling no matter what". Factor that against many non payers as well and you have a perfect storm of people trying to bide time to see if a product goes hot. If it goes hot, they're in. If the product falls soft, they bail claiming they have no funds yet joining another break instantly.

If you choose to offer your spots as best offer, fine. No issues with me personally. I dont think Tajikey was against it. I more or less agree with him that its much easier to hammer out a deal when the seller actually knows what he wants. And if the seller knows what he wants, why not post it and make it easier. I just offered on many best offers and they all said no. WTF? I wasted too much time even trying to bargain. All i get it is, "ill think about it" and "no thanks". No counter nothing. That honestly leads me to believe that those who offer slots for sale are looking to sucker someone into paying way too much.

Silly game in my opinion. I cant wait to go to the corner shop tonight to pick up a jug of milk and listen to the cashier say ..."Whats your best offer" for it. lol
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #492 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Valid point.

For the sake of not letting this whole buy/sell/trade thing place a shadow over what's going to be an insane break, as it seems either side of the argument is fair, if you're looking to sell, please place a price on your slots, if you're looking to buy, state your conditions and offer (paying $xx for a top x slot, $xx for slots in such and such range, etc.).

If either side likes what the other has to offer, please initiate that conversation through PM.
Ill start the buyers offering.

Im looking to buy in all 5 cases and have $120 to spend!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #493 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sturgis S.D.
Posts: 525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Even on blowout according to their rules and guidelines, if you have an item for sale, please post a price.
So what your saying is if you have a slot for sale in the break, it should be listed in the Buy/Sell/Trade area of the forum? I'm okay with that.
__________________
"I mean living in a basement and trying to make ends meet with baseball cards is tough." *** A fellow COMC Seller***
notsublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #494 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sturgis S.D.
Posts: 525
Default

Slot #3 in cases 2, 4 for sale. $200.00 for the pair. Firm
Slot #27 in cases 1, 3, & 5 for sale $60.00 OBO for all three.
__________________
"I mean living in a basement and trying to make ends meet with baseball cards is tough." *** A fellow COMC Seller***
notsublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #495 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer9977 View Post
What's the problem? You wanted a started price and there it is. If you don't like it tough. Make a counter offer.
I dont make fun of peoples offers. They are what they are. I think the mockery might have jumped the gun and not noticed that you actually have 2 slots at that asking price.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #496 (permalink)
Member
 
TrueNE_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,630
Default

This thing came off the rails a bit I see.....c'mon folks, let's quit the arguing, agree to disagree, and get back to what really matters.....ripping some Topps Chrome wax.
__________________
You got it, dude.
TrueNE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #497 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 12,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
This thing came off the rails a bit I see.....c'mon folks, let's quit the arguing, agree to disagree, and get back to what really matters.....ripping some Topps Chrome wax.
Yes, yes it did.

I will agree to agree with you We should have some new details tomorrow. I'll post updates here when Topps goes live on Twitter.
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #498 (permalink)
Member
 
TrueNE_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,630
Default

Saw that in the other thread about some details coming out tomorrow....sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Yes, yes it did.

I will agree to agree with you We should have some new details tomorrow. I'll post updates here when Topps goes live on Twitter.
__________________
You got it, dude.
TrueNE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #499 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,575
Default

Sorry for stirring the pot yesterday, guys...didn't mean for it to get out of hand

Anyways, Topps supposedly has some big news for us today! Let's go!!

CHROME! CHROME! CHROME! CHROME! CHROME!
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #500 (permalink)
Member
 
BucksBandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,075
Default

Topps just tweeted a pic of Chrome box. Harper on it. Hoping they come out with some good info on it today!

__________________
Bucket: http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/gryder35/library/Baseball%20-%20For%20Trade
BucksBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.