Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #151 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Bauer was totally off my Topps Chrome radar, so this is a very pleasant surprise, even if (for whatever reason?) they couldn't get Middlebrooks in there.

Any other imminent callups that could sneak in there? This is an absolute longshot, but Wil Myers is killin' it in the minors and I've read that he might make his debut at some point in July. I could get down for some Royal love!
They've got plenty more unannounced auto spots to go. Mike Trout doesn't have an auto in 2011 Topps Chrome; perhaps they're saving that announcement until closer to launch. I'd take him over both Rizzo and Middlebrooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcxraider View Post
dang i wished middlebrooks was in this. just got 2 cases presell lol. im becoming an addict.
If you pre-ordered 15 PERSONAL cases, you'd be an addict, at two cases, you're merely a fan! At least that's what I tell myself for ordering two cases
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #152 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
If you pre-ordered 15 PERSONAL cases, you'd be an addict, at two cases, you're merely a fan! At least that's what I tell myself for ordering two cases
With one case coming for myself, "recreational user" sounds appropriate
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #153 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
With one case coming for myself, "recreational user" sounds appropriate
Ha ha ha...yes, very appropriate! Here's to hoping you beat the odds, and get the case with the refractor hot box. I can't wait to bust into one of those on BlogTV. You will hear me in a mind-blown state the whole time!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #154 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Ha ha ha...yes, very appropriate! Here's to hoping you beat the odds, and get the case with the refractor hot box. I can't wait to bust into one of those on BlogTV. You will hear me in a mind-blown state the whole time!
Hear, hear! I like my chances at one in three...I like our chances of scoring a second hot box in five even better!
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #155 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Hear, hear! I like my chances at one in three...I like our chances of scoring a second hot box in five even better!
It's going to be such an awesome break. I've commissioned my buddy to sort while I rip, that way I can get the cards shipped as soon as possible. Even ordered 50 small flat rate boxes to have ready to go...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #156 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
It's going to be such an awesome break. I've commissioned my buddy to sort while I rip, that way I can get the cards shipped as soon as possible. Even ordered 50 small flat rate boxes to have ready to go...
Righteous. You da man!
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #157 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

55 days to go! Who's pumped?
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #158 (permalink)
Member
 
TrueNE_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,813
Default

This guy, looking forward to updated news on the checklist. Still bummed about Middlebrooks being out though. Maybe Topps will have a surprise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
55 days to go! Who's pumped?
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #159 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
This guy, looking forward to updated news on the checklist. Still bummed about Middlebrooks being out though. Maybe Topps will have a surprise?
Still 16 unconfirmed auto spots. I think they've got their lures, I mean pens, in the water, er, ink, rather, looking for some Trout!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #160 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

I wanted to let everyone know that I'll start collecting the remaining balance from each of you (with the exception of bcx and jfray), starting July 16th.

Once all payments are received, I will request the random, so we at least know the draft order, and can commence trades or sales. This will also allow you all to start researching what team you want to draft. I'll be putting a list together before the draft kicks off, but won't provide it until a week before we are to break the product, this way, we have access to the most recent checklist.

Thank you, and Happy 4th of July!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #161 (permalink)
Member
 
TrueNE_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,813
Default

Awesome - thanks for the update!

Happy 4th to you & everyone else as well. Go America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I wanted to let everyone know that I'll start collecting the remaining balance from each of you (with the exception of bcx and jfray), starting July 16th.

Once all payments are received, I will request the random, so we at least know the draft order, and can commence trades or sales. This will also allow you all to start researching what team you want to draft. I'll be putting a list together before the draft kicks off, but won't provide it until a week before we are to break the product, this way, we have access to the most recent checklist.

Thank you, and Happy 4th of July!
__________________
BUYING ANY/ALL 2014 Bowman Chrome Manuel Margot autos...(yes, this is in advance of release)
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #162 (permalink)
Member
 
TrueNE_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,813
Default

Ok, so Trout appears in, based on your other thread.

Any other whispers to speak of?

I want details, people.
__________________
BUYING ANY/ALL 2014 Bowman Chrome Manuel Margot autos...(yes, this is in advance of release)
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #163 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
Ok, so Trout appears in, based on your other thread.

Any other whispers to speak of?

I want details, people.
Yep, Trout's in, but not as a rookie. I check for updates about once a week, so next Wednesday, I'll look again. Once Harper's name shows up, I'll know we're getting closer to "final."
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #164 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 14,156
Default

who are the rc autos ...so far
__________________
this one goes out to some of the members
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?title=dee-dee-dee-song&videoId=72779

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #165 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

So far, they've announced:

Harper
Darvish
Bauer
Montero
Moore
Pomeranz
Lawrie
Benson
Peacock
Fliers

I believe Cespedes will also find his way into the set of autos. For whatever reason, Topps decided NOT to include Middlebrooks and Rizzo (they're in Finest), even though they've been up in the Bigs longer than Bauer.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #166 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

everyone should kick in extra and make this a 10 case break. lol IM game!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #167 (permalink)
Member
 
hobbiewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sarasota FL
Posts: 1,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
everyone should kick in extra and make this a 10 case break. lol IM game!!
would be fun
hobbiewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #168 (permalink)
Member
 
TrueNE_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,813
Default

Agreed - that would be nasty. But wasn't it something to do with the max # of cases that could be ordered, or something like that? Taj will know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
everyone should kick in extra and make this a 10 case break. lol IM game!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbiewt View Post
would be fun
__________________
BUYING ANY/ALL 2014 Bowman Chrome Manuel Margot autos...(yes, this is in advance of release)
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #169 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

I'd be more than happy to add 5 cases to this, but they only let me pre-order 5 (I tried to get 6 for this).

Depending on how many people chime in, I could see about hosting a second 5-caser after this one.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #170 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

4 days until the bank opens to collect the second half of payments.. Once all are received, we can do the random!

To make the draft go faster, once it starts, whoever ends up on top will pick for cases 1, 3, and 5 at the same time, etc. When we get to the bottom, the last person will pick for all 5 of their cases, and the order will reverse (bottom to top) for cases 2 and 4. Make sense?
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #171 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Just sent through the rest of my payment $117. Make sure it wasnt CDN dollars lol. Just joking. I accidently sent someone CDN dollars the other day.


If you do another 5 caser of this, Id be in. I was in a recently break that had a two tier team system with 15 slots. 1 slot = two teams one AL and one NL. Id be down for that!! Also a bit different. With this product it would probably be like $260/slot plus shipping and etc. I think it would fill. I mean most of the recent breaks have all been $200+ per slot. Or seems like it.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #172 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Just sent through the rest of my payment $117. Make sure it wasnt CDN dollars lol. Just joking. I accidently sent someone CDN dollars the other day.


If you do another 5 caser of this, Id be in. I was in a recently break that had a two tier team system with 15 slots. 1 slot = two teams one AL and one NL. Id be down for that!! Also a bit different. With this product it would probably be like $260/slot plus shipping and etc. I think it would fill. I mean most of the recent breaks have all been $200+ per slot. Or seems like it.
Thank you, kind sir.

I like that format. We'd have to do a draft, and the top spot would only get one team, and it'd have to be from the AL, since the Astros have no presence in the set (at least not based on the most recent checklist). Then every other spot would have two teams.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #173 (permalink)
Member
 
TrueNE_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,813
Default

Just sent $117 balance.

Thanks again - can't wait.

For me, I won't need non-RC base. I'm only looking for RCs, inserts, refractors, #'d cards, and the like.

Looking forward to the draft (I hope )

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
4 days until the bank opens to collect the second half of payments.. Once all are received, we can do the random!

To make the draft go faster, once it starts, whoever ends up on top will pick for cases 1, 3, and 5 at the same time, etc. When we get to the bottom, the last person will pick for all 5 of their cases, and the order will reverse (bottom to top) for cases 2 and 4. Make sense?
__________________
BUYING ANY/ALL 2014 Bowman Chrome Manuel Margot autos...(yes, this is in advance of release)
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #174 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
Just sent $117 balance.

Thanks again - can't wait.

For me, I won't need non-RC base. I'm only looking for RCs, inserts, refractors, #'d cards, and the like.

Looking forward to the draft (I hope )
Payment received and marked.

To make it easier when sorting, you'll probably get everything, including the veteran base. You can use them to pick things out of your teeth or unlock doors you don't have a key for
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #175 (permalink)
Member
 
TrueNE_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,813
Default

Fair enough! I wasn't worried about having them here, I actually thought it would make packing easier for you....unnecessary weight/contents, but if sorting is actually easier to include them, then perfectly fine by me. No complaints here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Payment received and marked.

To make it easier when sorting, you'll probably get everything, including the veteran base. You can use them to pick things out of your teeth or unlock doors you don't have a key for
__________________
BUYING ANY/ALL 2014 Bowman Chrome Manuel Margot autos...(yes, this is in advance of release)
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.