Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #151 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Bauer was totally off my Topps Chrome radar, so this is a very pleasant surprise, even if (for whatever reason?) they couldn't get Middlebrooks in there.

Any other imminent callups that could sneak in there? This is an absolute longshot, but Wil Myers is killin' it in the minors and I've read that he might make his debut at some point in July. I could get down for some Royal love!
They've got plenty more unannounced auto spots to go. Mike Trout doesn't have an auto in 2011 Topps Chrome; perhaps they're saving that announcement until closer to launch. I'd take him over both Rizzo and Middlebrooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcxraider View Post
dang i wished middlebrooks was in this. just got 2 cases presell lol. im becoming an addict.
If you pre-ordered 15 PERSONAL cases, you'd be an addict, at two cases, you're merely a fan! At least that's what I tell myself for ordering two cases
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
If you pre-ordered 15 PERSONAL cases, you'd be an addict, at two cases, you're merely a fan! At least that's what I tell myself for ordering two cases
With one case coming for myself, "recreational user" sounds appropriate
Old 06-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
With one case coming for myself, "recreational user" sounds appropriate
Ha ha ha...yes, very appropriate! Here's to hoping you beat the odds, and get the case with the refractor hot box. I can't wait to bust into one of those on BlogTV. You will hear me in a mind-blown state the whole time!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Ha ha ha...yes, very appropriate! Here's to hoping you beat the odds, and get the case with the refractor hot box. I can't wait to bust into one of those on BlogTV. You will hear me in a mind-blown state the whole time!
Hear, hear! I like my chances at one in three...I like our chances of scoring a second hot box in five even better!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Hear, hear! I like my chances at one in three...I like our chances of scoring a second hot box in five even better!
It's going to be such an awesome break. I've commissioned my buddy to sort while I rip, that way I can get the cards shipped as soon as possible. Even ordered 50 small flat rate boxes to have ready to go...
Old 06-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
It's going to be such an awesome break. I've commissioned my buddy to sort while I rip, that way I can get the cards shipped as soon as possible. Even ordered 50 small flat rate boxes to have ready to go...
Righteous. You da man!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #157 (permalink)

55 days to go! Who's pumped?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #158 (permalink)

This guy, looking forward to updated news on the checklist. Still bummed about Middlebrooks being out though. Maybe Topps will have a surprise?

Quote:
55 days to go! Who's pumped?
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
This guy, looking forward to updated news on the checklist. Still bummed about Middlebrooks being out though. Maybe Topps will have a surprise?
Still 16 unconfirmed auto spots. I think they've got their lures, I mean pens, in the water, er, ink, rather, looking for some Trout!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #160 (permalink)

I wanted to let everyone know that I'll start collecting the remaining balance from each of you (with the exception of bcx and jfray), starting July 16th.

Once all payments are received, I will request the random, so we at least know the draft order, and can commence trades or sales. This will also allow you all to start researching what team you want to draft. I'll be putting a list together before the draft kicks off, but won't provide it until a week before we are to break the product, this way, we have access to the most recent checklist.

Thank you, and Happy 4th of July!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #161 (permalink)

Awesome - thanks for the update!

Happy 4th to you & everyone else as well. Go America!

Quote:
I wanted to let everyone know that I'll start collecting the remaining balance from each of you (with the exception of bcx and jfray), starting July 16th.

Once all payments are received, I will request the random, so we at least know the draft order, and can commence trades or sales. This will also allow you all to start researching what team you want to draft. I'll be putting a list together before the draft kicks off, but won't provide it until a week before we are to break the product, this way, we have access to the most recent checklist.

Thank you, and Happy 4th of July!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #162 (permalink)

Ok, so Trout appears in, based on your other thread.

Any other whispers to speak of?

I want details, people.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, so Trout appears in, based on your other thread.

Any other whispers to speak of?

I want details, people.
Yep, Trout's in, but not as a rookie. I check for updates about once a week, so next Wednesday, I'll look again. Once Harper's name shows up, I'll know we're getting closer to "final."
Old 07-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #164 (permalink)

who are the rc autos ...so far

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #165 (permalink)

So far, they've announced:

Harper
Darvish
Bauer
Montero
Moore
Pomeranz
Lawrie
Benson
Peacock
Fliers

I believe Cespedes will also find his way into the set of autos. For whatever reason, Topps decided NOT to include Middlebrooks and Rizzo (they're in Finest), even though they've been up in the Bigs longer than Bauer.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #166 (permalink)
Banned

everyone should kick in extra and make this a 10 case break. lol IM game!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
would be fun
hobbiewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #168 (permalink)

Agreed - that would be nasty. But wasn't it something to do with the max # of cases that could be ordered, or something like that? Taj will know.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbiewt View Post
would be fun
Old 07-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #169 (permalink)

I'd be more than happy to add 5 cases to this, but they only let me pre-order 5 (I tried to get 6 for this).

Depending on how many people chime in, I could see about hosting a second 5-caser after this one.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #170 (permalink)

4 days until the bank opens to collect the second half of payments.. Once all are received, we can do the random!

To make the draft go faster, once it starts, whoever ends up on top will pick for cases 1, 3, and 5 at the same time, etc. When we get to the bottom, the last person will pick for all 5 of their cases, and the order will reverse (bottom to top) for cases 2 and 4. Make sense?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #171 (permalink)
Banned

Just sent through the rest of my payment $117. Make sure it wasnt CDN dollars lol. Just joking. I accidently sent someone CDN dollars the other day.

If you do another 5 caser of this, Id be in. I was in a recently break that had a two tier team system with 15 slots. 1 slot = two teams one AL and one NL. Id be down for that!! Also a bit different. With this product it would probably be like $260/slot plus shipping and etc. I think it would fill. I mean most of the recent breaks have all been $200+ per slot. Or seems like it.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Just sent through the rest of my payment $117. Make sure it wasnt CDN dollars lol. Just joking. I accidently sent someone CDN dollars the other day.

If you do another 5 caser of this, Id be in. I was in a recently break that had a two tier team system with 15 slots. 1 slot = two teams one AL and one NL. Id be down for that!! Also a bit different. With this product it would probably be like $260/slot plus shipping and etc. I think it would fill. I mean most of the recent breaks have all been $200+ per slot. Or seems like it.
Thank you, kind sir.

I like that format. We'd have to do a draft, and the top spot would only get one team, and it'd have to be from the AL, since the Astros have no presence in the set (at least not based on the most recent checklist). Then every other spot would have two teams.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #173 (permalink)

Just sent $117 balance.

Thanks again - can't wait.

For me, I won't need non-RC base. I'm only looking for RCs, inserts, refractors, #'d cards, and the like.

Looking forward to the draft (I hope )

Quote:
4 days until the bank opens to collect the second half of payments.. Once all are received, we can do the random!

To make the draft go faster, once it starts, whoever ends up on top will pick for cases 1, 3, and 5 at the same time, etc. When we get to the bottom, the last person will pick for all 5 of their cases, and the order will reverse (bottom to top) for cases 2 and 4. Make sense?
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Just sent $117 balance.

Thanks again - can't wait.

For me, I won't need non-RC base. I'm only looking for RCs, inserts, refractors, #'d cards, and the like.

Looking forward to the draft (I hope )
Payment received and marked.

To make it easier when sorting, you'll probably get everything, including the veteran base. You can use them to pick things out of your teeth or unlock doors you don't have a key for
Old 07-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #175 (permalink)

Fair enough! I wasn't worried about having them here, I actually thought it would make packing easier for you....unnecessary weight/contents, but if sorting is actually easier to include them, then perfectly fine by me. No complaints here.

Quote:
Payment received and marked.

To make it easier when sorting, you'll probably get everything, including the veteran base. You can use them to pick things out of your teeth or unlock doors you don't have a key for