Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotded View Post
Case is getting here Friday for some reason. Check the OP for break time and such.

Can I get a hell yea???

Hope the other break people pay promptly so that one can go as well!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
Hope everyone is getting excited, just saw the scans from the guys who hit the cut Mantle in his case, there are some really really nice cards coming out of Master cases. Looking to trade up if anyone is interested.

Have #'s 16 & 25 + Paypal for another Top 10 spot. Also willing to trade 4 + Paypal or my other picks for #'s 2 or 3 (I know #1 said he wouldn't trade or sell).
That Mantle is "interesting". It's on ebay for over a grand! Would you rather have a cut of Mickeys legs or a nice PSA signed photo for 1/3 the price. I just don't understand these type of cuts! Nice hit though!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #103 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I posted this in the other break thread, but I am getting very excited for this break. I picked up a box at my LCS this afternoon and I have to say the cards look much, much better in person. The scans look nice, just not as nice as the real cards. Also I got a Mantle relic /50
Old 06-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
I posted this in the other break thread, but I am getting very excited for this break. I picked up a box at my LCS this afternoon and I have to say the cards look much, much better in person. The scans look nice, just not as nice as the real cards. Also I got a Mantle relic /50
Nice pull!! It will be interesting to see some great hits in our cases! In another break I got a Yu Darvish Silver Auto Redemption /10
Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #105 (permalink)

There is no one more excited than I. I'll have trouble sleeping. I've had a poopy year with both parents terminally ill over the past several months, losing the two jobs I've worked for 90 hours for a week for the past nine years on the same day, my car dying, half of my PC being stolen including some sweet DiMaggio, Mantle and Ruth pieces, and a myriad of other issues I won't delve into. What I'm basically saying is, dammit, I've had a TERRIBLE year and I need SOMETHING to go right. I have a good feeling this will finally be a nice starting point to correct one of the fixable problems in building a solid PC once again. Now let's get that Bob Gibson bat knob!

Barring a no-doubt pick (given the product, it's a 50/50 chance that it will be an easy choice... Some cases are loaded, it seems), how long will I have before I get to pick? If it's a tough decision, I may like a few hours to decide. Please LMK, thanks.

Last edited by Zoop; 06-21-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
There is no one more excited than I. I'll have trouble sleeping. I've had a poopy year with both parents terminally ill over the past several months, losing the two jobs I've worked for 90 hours for a week for the past nine years on the same day, my car dying, half of my PC being stolen including some sweet DiMaggio, Mantle and Ruth pieces, and a myriad of other issues I won't delve into. What I'm basically saying is, dammit, I've had a TERRIBLE year and I need SOMETHING to go right. I have a good feeling this will finally be a nice starting point to correct one of the fixable problems in building a solid PC once again. Now let's get that Bob Gibson bat knob!

Barring a no-doubt pick (given the product, it's a 50/50 chance that it will be an easy choice... Some cases are loaded, it seems), how long will I have before I get to pick? If it's a tough decision, I may like a few hours to decide. Please LMK, thanks.
I hope it works out great for you! I felt the same way and only recently have I been able to get back into the hobby more..after getting a message that I was getting a Darvish Silver auto #/10 (this was after an Archives Yu auto as the 1st half of the break), I actually told the wife "I deserve this". Not that others don't , but I really took in the moment. I could care less about the Yu but it's gonna add some nice stuff to the PC. I hope this break turns out with an awesome PC item, or at least a means to some killer PC addition(s). Savor the moment. Hopefully you can watch it live!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
I hope it works out great for you! I felt the same way and only recently have I been able to get back into the hobby more..after getting a message that I was getting a Darvish Silver auto #/10 (this was after an Archives Yu auto as the 1st half of the break), I actually told the wife "I deserve this". Not that others don't , but I really took in the moment. I could care less about the Yu but it's gonna add some nice stuff to the PC. I hope this break turns out with an awesome PC item, or at least a means to some killer PC addition(s). Savor the moment. Hopefully you can watch it live!
Thanks bud! Yeah, I need some kinda break... You can only wake up to bad news so often before it gets to you. My lady is out of town for the week at a family reunion (I had to stay here for my folks... never know which one needs a visit worse each day), so I'm planning my whole day around the break, I'll def be there.

I'd be the same way with a Harper, Darvish, Trout... Any of those young guys. Nice to draft just to sell and get something nice. Anything else, though, I'd probably hold onto. My PC is wide open, so obviously I'd love a HOF Cardinal piece (Brock patch, any knob), but I'd hate to hit a Darvish and have him not pan out in the MLB if I held onto it, knowing the value I could have had. I think he'll be ok, but I'd prefer to sell and get people I know are excellent or a case of another product, etc. as opposed to holding onto it and having another Dice K situation unfold. Doubtful we'll hit a knob, but there are a lot still out there... I'd be happy with any of those for my PC. Here's hoping we get a loaded case so the top 5 or 6 spots get something worth a lot. Bus's second case yesterday had soooo much good stuff in it, made me hopeful.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:

If you re-read the draft rules it says that the draft will start the morning 2 nights after the break (something like that). But for the ease of answering the question it will start on Sunday. I wont enforce the time limit however until Monday. And you can make your pick right away if you want, you do not have to wait until Sunday.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
If you re-read the draft rules it says that the draft will start the morning 2 nights after the break (something like that). But for the ease of answering the question it will start on Sunday. I wont enforce the time limit however until Monday. And you can make your pick right away if you want, you do not have to wait until Sunday.
Cool, thanks. Read the OG post but missed this somehow, sorry about that.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #110 (permalink)

#17/27 for $45 gift pm me!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #111 (permalink)

6 and 18 for $85 pp gift if anyone is interested.
bcxraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #112 (permalink)

I have purchased slot 4 from TOMBB25. He will confirm
padsfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by padsfan10 View Post
I have purchased slot 4 from TOMBB25. He will confirm
Confirmed, good luck!
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #114 (permalink)

Alright since I sold my top spot, willing to get rid of 16 & 25 for $35 PP gift, no best offer please, solid on the $35.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #115 (permalink)

Any word if our case arrived safe and sound, IND?
Old 06-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Any word if our case arrived safe and sound, IND?
Still waiting on it.

Tracking info is at the top of the OP in case anyone is wondering.

Last edited by imnotded; 06-22-2012 at 07:24 PM.
imnotded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Still waiting on it.

Tracking info is at the top of the OP in case anyone is wondering.
UPS guy tried to deliver at 12:53 today, but of course I wasn't home. I had him come back, and he just left my place like 30 minutes ago. He should make it over your way soon.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
UPS guy tried to deliver at 12:53 today, but of course I wasn't home. I had him come back, and he just left my place like 30 minutes ago. He should make it over your way soon.
It is being delivered to me at work, not at my house. So annoying that it takes this long when the trucks leave at 7 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
It is being delivered to me at work, not at my house. So annoying that it takes this long when the trucks leave at 7 AM.
UPS knocked on my door last night at 7:15pm, in some ways I like it because I get home from work at 5:30 but on my days off when I have to wait all F'n day it's horrible
Old 06-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #120 (permalink)

Case has arrived. We are on time for the break. I will post again when I am about to broadcast.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcxraider View Post
6 and 18 for $85 pp gift if anyone is interested.
last call for 80
bcxraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #122 (permalink)

Broadcasting, will start soon!

imnotded on USTREAM: Baseball card case and box breaks..
Old 06-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #123 (permalink)

Good luck everyone! Especially me.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #124 (permalink)

*Bud Selig approaches the podium looking bewildered and hard of hearing*

"With the first pick of the 2012 Topps Tier 1 baseball card draft... Zoop selects... Sandy Koufax."

*the crowd cheers at the selection, but boos Selig off of the stage*

(PMing next. Hey IND, what do I need to send for additional S&H?)

Last edited by Zoop; 06-22-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #125 (permalink)

I guess I'll take the Jeremy Hellickson Patch Auto /10 with the 2nd pick. Sending PM to #3 now.