Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
I'd be in for a couple hit break. You could do random hit instead of draft and make each box's base and parallel be one slot.

Box 1:
slot 1: hit
slot 2: hit
slot 3: hit
slot 4: hit
slot 5: base and parallels

Box 2:...
and so on.

Kind of like Marino's Sportkings breaks. Hit drafts for me are getting old.
Very much like this idea, and very much agree about hit drafts. I'll submit the official thread tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #27 (permalink)

Why not do a player draft? The blind hit draft is silly to me... Why not just buy a box at that point, since the end result is the same thing?
Zoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Why not do a player draft? The blind hit draft is silly to me... Why not just buy a box at that point, since the end result is the same thing?
Not necessarily true. If you buy a single box off ebay, the case hit may have already been pulled and someone is selling off the rest of the boxes. When participating in a group "case" break, someone is guaranteed to get the case hit.

Plus, (I'm probably misunderstanding what a "player draft" is), what if your player doesn't get pulled? Do you walk away with nothing? That's never the case with a hit group break.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Not necessarily true. If you buy a single box off ebay, the case hit may have already been pulled and someone is selling off the rest of the boxes. When participating in a group "case" break, someone is guaranteed to get the case hit.

Plus, (I'm probably misunderstanding what a "player draft" is), what if your player doesn't get pulled? Do you walk away with nothing? That's never the case with a hit group break.
Well, don't buy from eBay. I only buy from Blowout at this point... Even LCS search and weigh around me. Sad.

In the case of a player break, you'd bust multiple cases since more slots would be open and thus you could afford to dive in a little deeper, increasing the likelihood of hitting the player. Obviously if you take Babe Ruth you're running the risk of coming up hitless, but I'd rather take Ruth with a shot at hitting him than randomly coming up with a Joel Hanrahan autograph thinking, "you know, I should have just doubled my money and walked away with a full box."
Old 06-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #30 (permalink)

Lottery type drafts are of questionable legality.

If you pay money, you should receive something from a break, or people run the risk of getting into trouble.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well, don't buy from eBay. I only buy from Blowout at this point... Even LCS search and weigh around me. Sad.

In the case of a player break, you'd bust multiple cases since more slots would be open and thus you could afford to dive in a little deeper, increasing the likelihood of hitting the player. Obviously if you take Babe Ruth you're running the risk of coming up hitless, but I'd rather take Ruth with a shot at hitting him than randomly coming up with a Joel Hanrahan autograph thinking, "you know, I should have just doubled my money and walked away with a full box."
I see case breaks in a different way.

I honestly join case breaks for my chance at hitting case hits or long odd cards. If not me, then atleast someone within our group. Loose boxes may yield you a lucky hit, but again you are playing odds that are way out of whack.

I look at it as if,

$150 gets me a box to bust
$150 can get me a full team or two for a full case or 2.

I have now spread myself out between 10 to 20 boxes to hit rather than being dependant on 1. Im also not looking for $2 jerseys and common autos. Im looking for top end stuff at a decent price. If I wanted a bunch of common low selling autos, id just buy them rather than busting. Im chasing that $2k case hit for a $100 spot and maybe more depending on what I get along the way!!

As for Mwheelers comment on lottery type drafts or randoms. There are breaks where you could end up with nothing, but it should be a given that we respect the case breaker with the assumed knowledge that I could walk away with nothing.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I see case breaks in a different way.

I honestly join case breaks for my chance at hitting case hits or long odd cards. If not me, then atleast someone within our group. Loose boxes may yield you a lucky hit, but again you are playing odds that are way out of whack.

I look at it as if,

$150 gets me a box to bust
$150 can get me a full team or two for a full case or 2.

I have now spread myself out between 10 to 20 boxes to hit rather than being dependant on 1. Im also not looking for $2 jerseys and common autos. Im looking for top end stuff at a decent price. If I wanted a bunch of common low selling autos, id just buy them rather than busting. Im chasing that $2k case hit for a $100 spot and maybe more depending on what I get along the way!!

As for Mwheelers comment on lottery type drafts or randoms. There are breaks where you could end up with nothing, but it should be a given that we respect the case breaker with the assumed knowledge that I could walk away with nothing.
I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. I think the odds are stacked against you. In a 12 box case, let's say you purchase one box. That's a 1 in 12 chance at the case hit. If you buy 2 teams for maybe a little more, that's a 1 in 16 chance that you'll get the case hit. Get where I'm coming from? Not vastly different odds but still enough to persuade me against participating, you know? That's just how I see it. I just got crappy slots in hit drafts but at least I walk away with cards that I hand select for players I like rather than hitting San Diego or Pittsburgh and being lucky to get something decent, you know?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. I think the odds are stacked against you. In a 12 box case, let's say you purchase one box. That's a 1 in 12 chance at the case hit. If you buy 2 teams for maybe a little more, that's a 1 in 16 chance that you'll get the case hit. Get where I'm coming from? Not vastly different odds but still enough to persuade me against participating, you know? That's just how I see it. I just got crappy slots in hit drafts but at least I walk away with cards that I hand select for players I like rather than hitting San Diego or Pittsburgh and being lucky to get something decent, you know?
If it were compared apples to apples it would be more like...

30 teams.

1 box bought for myself = guarnteed auto and jersey. But dont know who.

At the same price or a bit more I get a team or 2 in a 1 or 2 case break
Case = 12 boxes

I could easily get 12 chances per case unlike a chance in 1 box. Id have to factor in the fact that in the 1 box it could be anyone and still mine vs getting in the case break and being framed into a selected team. But I still have more ample oppurtunity to pull bigger and better stuff going for a case break.

But I think you answered your own question here. If you feel that a box break is better than a case break why join a case break then? You could easily get satifaction from busting a box yourself?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
If it were compared apples to apples it would be more like...

30 teams.

1 box bought for myself = guarnteed auto and jersey. But dont know who.

At the same price or a bit more I get a team or 2 in a 1 or 2 case break
Case = 12 boxes

I could easily get 12 chances per case unlike a chance in 1 box. Id have to factor in the fact that in the 1 box it could be anyone and still mine vs getting in the case break and being framed into a selected team. But I still have more ample oppurtunity to pull bigger and better stuff going for a case break.

But I think you answered your own question here. If you feel that a box break is better than a case break why join a case break then? You could easily get satifaction from busting a box yourself?
Again, I choose my hits, I love drafting, and I like group participation. I buy boxes too but sometimes it's just more fun to do this, you know? It stinks to join a team break and continually get teams that suck or never hit. At least with a hit draft I can walk away with SOMETHING, and something I chose.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Again, I choose my hits, I love drafting, and I like group participation. I buy boxes too but sometimes it's just more fun to do this, you know? It stinks to join a team break and continually get teams that suck or never hit. At least with a hit draft I can walk away with SOMETHING, and something I chose.
I agree with Zoop. I've done plenty of team breaks where I don't get squat. I think a team break is more appropriate where hits can better be spread around but the more expensive the product the more likely that lesser teams will get something pulled. Triple Threads will be full of Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, etc.

I was recently in a two-case Bowman Jumbo break and had the Nationals in the 2nd case and thought I'd do very well. I got a refractor of Rendon and that was pretty much it.

Regardless either way is a gamble and we have to leave it up to the random gods.
padsfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Thread moved to Closed by request.