Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #126 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
FML I asked for 2 spots in this, get thrown into the 1st and 2nd over all spots that never have a shot at a top 10 place and end up at 37 and 48 overall. I mean it could be worse and I ended up at the very bottom but damn. I'm sure this is my fault for not picking some random in the middle spot and I'm not saying that this is any ones fault but my own just sure as hell took the wind out of my sails and taught me a valuable lesson to never let the the person running the break just put me anywhere.

My spots are for sale for 10.50 paypal gift that way I only lose $25 on this. First to pm gets them
Sorry man, you were the first one to request spots and didn't specify, so I just went in order. At any point if you wanted to change it while there were still spots open, I would have done that for you.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #127 (permalink)

Not too bad.... Got spot #7
Old 07-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #128 (permalink)

You underestimated the value. I would have went $12 per slot, man. You way undersold those because of A) set builders and B) this isn't baseball or football. Some of the best wrestlers on Earth never held the world title, y'know? Everyone views wrestling different. I think the Ultimate Warrior is the worst's biggest stooge while other kiss the ground he walks on, as an example.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #129 (permalink)

Slot 59 sold to me, thanks reed!
Phil 4:13
http://s1001.photobucket.com/home/shawnholmes2003/allalbums
mavsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan View Post
Slot 59 sold to me, thanks reed!
Confirmed. Good luck.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #131 (permalink)

OP updated with Draft order and the changes so far

#37 mavsfan from Addicted36
#48 Same
#59 mavsfan from Reed
Old 07-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #132 (permalink)

If anyone is selling spots in the bottom 20 pm me please!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #133 (permalink)

A random is a random. No slot gives you a better shot at being #1. That bitchfit was a little unnecessary.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
You underestimated the value. I would have went $12 per slot, man. You way undersold those because of A) set builders and B) this isn't baseball or football. Some of the best wrestlers on Earth never held the world title, y'know? Everyone views wrestling different. I think the Ultimate Warrior is the worst's biggest stooge while other kiss the ground he walks on, as an example.
Zoop I know you know your wrestling from reading your post and believe it or not I know probably as much as anyone in this thread about the history of the business. Ultimate Warrior, Jim Helwig, was a character that worked in the steroid age very well for several reasons. At a time when the business was just getting on everyone's cable television for the first time ever he burst onto the scene after traveling only in very short peroids of time in the WCCW and the Bill Watts UWF. He was an unknown at the time of kafabe and almost all of the WWF stars in 1987 had built a name for themselves elsewhere. His music was heavier then was normally allowed and his ring entrance was orginial. But most of all he was given a spot that no one was allow back in the WWF and that was to be a bonifide threat to Hulk Hogans reign as champion. Sure others had gotten the title before the Ultimate Warrior won Wrestlemania 6 like Andre the Giant and Randy Savage neither of them was given the strap for very long or looked at as the successor to Hulkamania.

While the purist knows that most nights Helwig was blown up before ever even entering the squared circle and didn't have an ounce of wrestling ability in him. And worse spoke in a language only he seemed to understood (and still does) to a people no one knew, the Ultimate Warrior worked because the business was different back then. People were tired of Hulkamania and wanted a new champion and that spot was given to Helwig, wrongfully so but that's another topic. As we all saw in 1998 the Ultimate Warrior gimmic did not nor would it ever work in another day and age of wrestling but during 1988-1989 it was pure gold.

Those who never understood the business back then would not get this and honestly since that happened more then 25 years ago I romantically hope they never do. Wrestling in the 1980's was not like the 1990's, the 2000's, or today. Wrestling was kafab and no one took down Hulkamania like the Ultimate Warrior. I really hope the Warrior fans never stop looking at that time and end of the era and ever listen to the detractors. We all have our favorites and the Ultimate Warrior deserves his fans too.

As for me giving up those spots so cheap, honestly I just wanted to forget about this break and priced them where I thought I could get out of this immediately and it worked. The higher the price I put them at the longer I would have them. Sometimes its just easier to move on. Good luck everyone.

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
A random is a random. No slot gives you a better shot at being #1. That bitchfit was a little unnecessary.
What bitchfit? I posted I didn't like my spots and sold them. The only unnecessay crap in this thread was you posting your 2 cents in this and a random is not a random. Show me one were spots 1+2 ever get top spots please. I never once played the blame game on anyone but myself here so don't throw out some crap like this in my direction. That's totally unnecessary.

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Zoop I know you know your wrestling from reading your post and believe it or not I know probably as much as anyone in this thread about the history of the business. Ultimate Warrior, Jim Helwig, was a character that worked in the steroid age very well for several reasons. At a time when the business was just getting on everyone's cable television for the first time ever he burst onto the scene after traveling only in very short peroids of time in the WCCW and the Bill Watts UWF. He was an unknown at the time of kafabe and almost all of the WWF stars in 1987 had built a name for themselves elsewhere. His music was heavier then was normally allowed and his ring entrance was orginial. But most of all he was given a spot that no one was allow back in the WWF and that was to be a bonifide threat to Hulk Hogans reign as champion. Sure others had gotten the title before the Ultimate Warrior won Wrestlemania 6 like Andre the Giant and Randy Savage neither of them was given the strap for very long or looked at as the successor to Hulkamania.

While the purist knows that most nights Helwig was blown up before ever even entering the squared circle and didn't have an ounce of wrestling ability in him. And worse spoke in a language only he seemed to understood (and still does) to a people no one knew, the Ultimate Warrior worked because the business was different back then. People were tired of Hulkamania and wanted a new champion and that spot was given to Helwig, wrongfully so but that's another topic. As we all saw in 1998 the Ultimate Warrior gimmic did not nor would it ever work in another day and age of wrestling but during 1988-1989 it was pure gold.

Those who never understood the business back then would not get this and honestly since that happened more then 25 years ago I romantically hope they never do. Wrestling in the 1980's was not like the 1990's, the 2000's, or today. Wrestling was kafab and no one took down Hulkamania like the Ultimate Warrior. I really hope the Warrior fans never stop looking at that time and end of the era and ever listen to the detractors. We all have our favorites and the Ultimate Warrior deserves his fans too.

As for me giving up those spots so cheap, honestly I just wanted to forget about this break and priced them where I thought I could get out of this immediately and it worked. The higher the price I put them at the longer I would have them. Sometimes its just easier to move on. Good luck everyone.
An excellent post and 100% true. I was a bit of a Warrior mark myself as a kid, but was more of (and still am) a Savage and Hart kinda guy. Randy had the kooky promos AND in-ring ability, so he always appealed to me a little bit more.

I feel sorry for the kids these days who will never know what wrestling moves are called because the announcers never actually call the match. Thanks to Gorilla calling out the occasional move (even McMahon did) and the likes of J.R. and Mike Tenay in the MNW-era, I was an educated fan. It's tough to learn all those moves as an kid or a new adult fan these days, because moves have drastically become more sophisticated and the presentation never acknowledges the moves themselves. Just a thought, not really on-topic or anything, but a big difference from then-and-now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
Uncalled for. I didn't see it as a bitchfit, just expressing disappointment. We've all been there and it's nice to vent. I'm 40th of 42 in a draft tonight. It sucks.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #137 (permalink)
Banned

I was 9-10 when the Warrior broke and I was a huge fan. Loved him, loved him, loved him. He looked like the Glam bands I loved at the time, with the neon and face paint.

Then, their was the WCW return, then the Warrior University and his website....Of course by that time I was in my late teens, very early 20's or so. So the entire Warrior thing didn't apply to me so much.

I was a fan of his, and you can get original Warrior "art" for dirt cheap from his site lol.
chadj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #138 (permalink)

Per Brian Gray on why the release has been pushed back until late August:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
It is late August.. A couple guys in jail and one in rehab.. Hoping to tie up soon.. Bg
Classic
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #139 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Slot 4 is going to be FS, PM me with offers, but I will be asking a lot since I am guaranteed an awesome card if I keep

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
What bitchfit? I posted I didn't like my spots and sold them. The only unnecessay crap in this thread was you posting your 2 cents in this and a random is not a random. Show me one were spots 1+2 ever get top spots please. I never once played the blame game on anyone but myself here so don't throw out some crap like this in my direction. That's totally unnecessary.
I read it as you bitching at the host for assigning you slots 1 and 2. My apologies if that wasn't the intent of your post. But a random is a random, each slot has an equal chance of landing on a particular number. I was #1 pr-random in one of Houdini's giveaways and was #1 after the random.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:

Uncalled for. I didn't see it as a bitchfit, just expressing disappointment. We've all been there and it's nice to vent. I'm 40th of 42 in a draft tonight. It sucks.
Vent and bitchfit are synonymous 99% of the time.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #142 (permalink)

Everyone just needs to chill, I don't think you guys grasp that there is an opportunity to pull a BUFF BAGWELL 1/1
Phil 4:13
http://s1001.photobucket.com/home/shawnholmes2003/allalbums

Last edited by mavsfan; 07-20-2012 at 12:19 PM.
mavsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan View Post
Everyone just needs to chill, I don't think you guys grasp that there is an opportunity to pull a BUFF BAGWELL 1/1
Pop.

Character limit.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #144 (permalink)

40 purchased from Mrmike. He can confirm.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
40 purchased from Mrmike. He can confirm.
I'm aware of it, but I think it's 41
Old 07-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
I'm aware of it, but I think it's 41
Confirmed pick #41

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/mrmike_13/

Last edited by mrmike79; 07-20-2012 at 04:24 PM.
mrmike79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

Changed my mind, considering selling 15 & 18. PM me offers if interested. Frankly, by late August I will completely forget about this!
chadj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #148 (permalink)

Also thanks to TOMB for allowing the trade to go through. Appreciated, know you were interesting.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Also thanks to TOMB for allowing the trade to go through. Appreciated, know you were interesting.
No problemo man, I block you, pick is mine!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
No problemo man, I block you, pick is mine!!!!!!!!!!
Ohhh nooooes