Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #326 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Dang! You killed it with that Turner red!
Its on like Donkey Kong in the chrome break!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #327 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
imnotded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sonora, CA
Posts: 3,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
We did get a Redemption #5. Random that bad boy !!
OK, here is how we will do this. I made a mistake in the OP. According to the OP the redemption would go to the Pirates because they are the only team with no shot at an auto. But they were paired up with the O's, who DID have an auto.

So to do this fairly I will submit a list of teams that did not have an auto in the break. Then I will submit a list of the 5 cases. Each list will be randomed 5 times and I will match up the 1st case and team on each list. That will determine who gets the Redemption.

Does this sound fair to everyone??
__________________
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/imnotded - My UStream Channel
imnotded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #328 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotded View Post
OK, here is how we will do this. I made a mistake in the OP. According to the OP the redemption would go to the Pirates because they are the only team with no shot at an auto. But they were paired up with the O's, who DID have an auto.

So to do this fairly I will submit a list of teams that did not have an auto in the break. Then I will submit a list of the 5 cases. Each list will be randomed 5 times and I will match up the 1st case and team on each list. That will determine who gets the Redemption.

Does this sound fair to everyone??
That did not have an auto in the break? Or didnt pull an auto in the break? I think every team except the Indian had an auto in this product?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #329 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

Personally, I think it should get randomed against every participant in the break, and not limited to teams that did or did not have an auto. But I'll ultimately side with whatever you, the host, decides.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #330 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Personally, I think it should get randomed against every participant in the break, and not limited to teams that did or did not have an auto. But I'll ultimately side with whatever you, the host, decides.
Thats my vote to. But im in the same boat. Ill agree with what the Host chooses.

The top slots had prime picks and possibly missed out on hitting. But that shouldnt vault them to the top of the list for random because they took that risk. Just my 2 cents.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #331 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Thats my vote to. But im in the same boat. Ill agree with what the Host chooses.

The top slots had prime picks and possibly missed out on hitting. But that shouldnt vault them to the top of the list for random because they took that risk. Just my 2 cents.
....+1.....
primecardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #332 (permalink)
Member
 
KB81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,856
Default

They should go to me..... I dont think i landed an auto or relic :-(

Problem solved :-)
KB81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #333 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
imnotded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sonora, CA
Posts: 3,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primecardz View Post
....+1.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Thats my vote to. But im in the same boat. Ill agree with what the Host chooses.

The top slots had prime picks and possibly missed out on hitting. But that shouldnt vault them to the top of the list for random because they took that risk. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Personally, I think it should get randomed against every participant in the break, and not limited to teams that did or did not have an auto. But I'll ultimately side with whatever you, the host, decides.
I wouldnt mind this at all, it's way easier for me.



Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
They should go to me..... I dont think i landed an auto or relic :-(

Problem solved :-)
Me either
__________________
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/imnotded - My UStream Channel
imnotded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #334 (permalink)
Member
 
murphy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,742
Default

I say keep it simple....... List everyone and random the redemption.... Whomever gets it, gets it....... I've been skunked in 80% of breaks here.... It's the nature of the beast..... Good luck everyone !!!
__________________
Houdini's 10 case Super Jumbo spot: Ryan Ripken Auto
dthimesch 20 case Jumbo spot: Marcus Wilson Auto
murphy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #335 (permalink)
Member
 
GoA's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,912
Default

I agree, random it through EVERYONE involved in the break
GoA's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #336 (permalink)
Member
 
jpitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Walnutport, PA
Posts: 3,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoA's View Post
I agree, random it through EVERYONE involved in the break
agreed, the other way is asking for trouble IMO
jpitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #337 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

Any chance we'll see some scans by case?
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #338 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
imnotded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sonora, CA
Posts: 3,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Any chance we'll see some scans by case?
I was just about to post about this lol. I was going to ask if I needed to scan the cases. I wont have a chance to scan until tomorrow evening however.


Also, I am pretty sure that I submitted a list for random this morning. I guess the mods are busy or I didnt hit send.
__________________
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/imnotded - My UStream Channel
imnotded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #339 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,792
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

There were 27 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
  1. 5. GoA's (1)
  2. 22. greenjdo (1)
  3. 13. chadc13 (2)
  4. 2. LeonfromNC (1)
  5. 10. hobbiewt (1)
  6. 15. VTHokie22 (1)
  7. 20. Oreo2004 (1)
  8. 7. Orangejello727 (1)
  9. 12. murphy1313 (1)
  10. 6. mwolfson22 (1)
  11. 4. KB81 (1)
  12. 17. Blue_Devil (1)
  13. 1. mcholke (1)
  14. 24. JFray (1)
  15. 9. Mike Yoder (1)
  16. 19. pikeman80 (2)
  17. 27. primecardz (1)
  18. 16. jlcherry2477 (1)
  19. 23. chadc13
  20. 14. kplayzz2009 (1)
  21. 25. hmmdecloth (1)
  22. 26. pikeman80
  23. 8. tajikey (1)
  24. 21. Shanehw (1)
  25. 3. rf1214lf (1)
  26. 18. jrubbo23 (1)
  27. 11. jpitten (1)
Timestamp: 2012-08-15 00:24:50 UTC
You have randomized this list 5 times.
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #340 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
imnotded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sonora, CA
Posts: 3,324
Default

Gongrats GoA's!
__________________
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/imnotded - My UStream Channel
imnotded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #341 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 6,410
Default

wait a sec i just watched the case 2 recap...

you mean to tell me, I got the Brett Lawrie 1/1 Auto Patch Plate and the Brett Lawrie Green Auto Patch!?!?!?!?

along with the 1/1 Lance Berkman Superfractor and Matt Adams Bat Auto in case 5?

Wow, now that is a nice birthday present after all (it was today by the way)
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #342 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
wait a sec i just watched the case 2 recap...

you mean to tell me, I got the Brett Lawrie 1/1 Auto Patch Plate and the Brett Lawrie Green Auto Patch!?!?!?!?

along with the 1/1 Lance Berkman Superfractor and Matt Adams Bat Auto in case 5?

Wow, now that is a nice birthday present after all (it was today by the way)
case 2 recap is from the wrong break. The lawrie came in another break. Not this one
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #343 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
case 2 recap is from the wrong break. The lawrie came in another break. Not this one
errrrrrrrr i was getting excited for nothing. oh well. i'll take my superfractor and keep it moving.
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #344 (permalink)
Member
 
GoA's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,912
Default

holy no #@#@#@#@in way!!! wow, Im shocked. Definitely wasnt expecting to win the redemption.

Last edited by GoA's; 08-15-2012 at 12:48 AM.
GoA's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #345 (permalink)
Member
 
KB81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,856
Default

FYI - I just sold my #5 redemption for $120 on ebay

sell sell sell!

Only way I will be pissed is if the card that it ends up redeeming sells for more than 200
KB81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:42 AM   #346 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
imnotded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sonora, CA
Posts: 3,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
errrrrrrrr i was getting excited for nothing. oh well. i'll take my superfractor and keep it moving.
Sorry man, I'll throw in a gift to you for smashing your hopes like that.
__________________
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/imnotded - My UStream Channel
imnotded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #347 (permalink)
Member
 
GoA's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
FYI - I just sold my #5 redemption for $120 on ebay

sell sell sell!

Only way I will be pissed is if the card that it ends up redeeming sells for more than 200
My buddy and I split the spot in this break, So I think we're gonna wait til #3 is announced to see if the players are getting better as the announcements are made.
GoA's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #348 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sturgis S.D.
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoA's View Post
holy no #@#@#@#@in way!!! wow, Im shocked. Definitely wasnt expecting to win the redemption.
I'm just glad that it went to someone who didn't have a ton of hits. Congrats!
__________________
"I mean living in a basement and trying to make ends meet with baseball cards is tough." *** A fellow COMC Seller***
notsublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #349 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsublime View Post
I'm just glad that it went to someone who didn't have a ton of hits. Congrats!
The magic of random. Anyone can win!! Its like watching the wealthy play the lottery and hitting jackpots!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #350 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sturgis S.D.
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
The magic of random. Anyone can win!! Its like watching the wealthy play the lottery and hitting jackpots!!
I read the rules, then seen the random, and then wondered about the rules. So ya, it was like watching to see if the wealthy hit anymore of the jackpot.
__________________
"I mean living in a basement and trying to make ends meet with baseball cards is tough." *** A fellow COMC Seller***
notsublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.