Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

View Poll Results: When should the draft start?
Immediately once cases are locked in 18 32.73%
Wait until complete checklist is released (this may not happen untill release day) 37 67.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #226 (permalink)
Banned

Stupid question...but I must ask . How many hobby packs does it take to get 1 blue wave pack? JW for my own breaks I am doing! Thanks!
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #227 (permalink)

For regular Bowman it was the equivalent of one hobby box, whatever that was...24 maybe? I believe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowe12 View Post
Stupid question...but I must ask . How many hobby packs does it take to get 1 blue wave pack? JW for my own breaks I am doing! Thanks!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #228 (permalink)

36 packs as per Topps
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #229 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
36 packs as per Topps
Ill have to check out where to mail them and everything then. Thanks fellas.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #230 (permalink)

so my 2 cents
option one the bottom 6 slots get a wrappers bundle per case after the random (odds are th eare the bad teams to begin with)- so we know who has to shell out extra for shipping wrapper direct to topps (as long as host is willing to do so)
option 2 random the 6 wrappers bundles among all 30 slots ....

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
so my 2 cents
option one the bottom 6 slots get a wrappers bundle per case after the random (odds are th eare the bad teams to begin with)- so we know who has to shell out extra for shipping wrapper direct to topps (as long as host is willing to do so)
option 2 random the 6 wrappers bundles among all 30 slots ....
I like the idea of the bottom 6 slots for each case. Certainly adds back a little value to those, and adds a little more trade value if they trade them before the break. Of course this would all be depending on what the OP wants to do, since it would be a bit of unneeded extra work
johnm021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #232 (permalink)

I'm good for either....bottom six get 'em or random. Either way.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #233 (permalink)

Will there be any packs left by the time the wrappers are received???
Old 10-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
Will there be any packs left by the time the wrappers are received???

If the host were to send them (assuming he wouldn't mind) then we would most likely have a shot at a few packs..
Old 10-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
If the host were to send them (assuming he wouldn't mind) then we would most likely have a shot at a few packs..
This is how Houdini did it. Then he randomed everything.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruvydsb View Post
This is how Houdini did it. Then he randomed everything.
But now, since they put a maximum on how much each person can send in, we would need to perform the random first for the wrapper bundles. That way, the host can write their addresses/info for redemption purposes as opposed to his own.
JusRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #237 (permalink)

Ok guys, I'm just now hearing about the wrapper redemption, and I am freaking stoked about it!!

So...you guys are saying I can;t just keep them... haha I'm kidding! I don't think it's a good idea to allot them to the guys that get 'bad teams' since bad teams can still hit low #'d refs. I have a couple of ideas - chime in on what you think is best:

1) Perform a random of the non-hit (autos, or colored ref's) teams of each case, and give 1 pack to the first 6 teams that come up in each case's random
2) Since there are 30 packs, and 36 members, we could just perform a random of all members and give it to the first 30.

Opinions are welcome!
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #238 (permalink)

I say just send in the for redemption and random off what you get back to the folks who didnt get anything.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #239 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
I say just send in the for redemption and random off what you get back to the folks who didnt get anything.
We have to random prior to sending in the cards, since they won't send me back all 30 packs.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
Ok guys, I'm just now hearing about the wrapper redemption, and I am freaking stoked about it!!

So...you guys are saying I can;t just keep them... haha I'm kidding! I don't think it's a good idea to allot them to the guys that get 'bad teams' since bad teams can still hit low #'d refs. I have a couple of ideas - chime in on what you think is best:

1) Perform a random of the non-hit (autos, or colored ref's) teams of each case, and give 1 pack to the first 6 teams that come up in each case's random
2) Since there are 30 packs, and 36 members, we could just perform a random of all members and give it to the first 30.

Opinions are welcome!
1 you can only send it 5 per address
2 by randoming to 30 of 36 penalizes those who have multiple of slots over the cases

see my post before #230

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
1 you can only send it 5 per address (We would random immediately after the break, then I would send the wrappers with the member's return addresses)
2 by randoming to 30 of 36 penalizes those who have multiple of slots over the cases (Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure how it penalizes anyone. It just doesn't give an advantage to people that bought multiple spots.)
see my post before
Comments inline...

I just want to do this in the best way possible.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #242 (permalink)

OR we could also take the 5 wrapper lots and random them between the total member list, with the top 5 names getting the lots.

However we decide to do this, I'd like it known that we are talking about a lot more work and time, and I would hope to be taken care of somehow.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #243 (permalink)

I'm going to yield to the expert here - this is what Houdini is proposing. Given his experience with this promotion, I think it's wise to utilize one of his options. You guys pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
The 2012 Regular break was a fiasco of one hell of an overworked houdini. It is also most likely the one main reason that they moved to 5 packs per household - not the only, but definitely the main - Topps called me a liar and said they would never make such an gregarious mistake as send me nearly 100 extra packs. Where the hell did they come from then?

Ok, ok, so, we have two solutions that I can see:

1. I work my ass off again and package up 5 boxes of wrappers for different people and ship them directly to Topps with your addresses and info.

The pro of this is obviously speed, saved additional shipping cost, and ease for the participant. The con is that then the burden and onus is on me. If Topps does not send you your packs, it will be me that you will blame.

2. I package up 5 boxes of wrappers and ship them to the participants. It is the same amount of work for me, but then the burden is on you to ship them to Topps and you cannot blame me if they do not arrive. The pro here is that I don't have to worry about you packs not arriving. The cons are that the packs may take too long, the extra shipping costs, and that now each participant has to ship their own packs.

Personally, I think we should strongly consider option #1. HOWEVER, it will cost you extra shipping and you guys have to throw me something for the extra work involved. That is only fair. Furthermore, you must post that you will NOT hold me responsible should your packs not arrive.

We have a few days to consider our options.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #244 (permalink)

I vote #1. And should definitely throw a few extra bucks or a hit from the break that we get. Our best chance of gettin something back from topps is if it goes straight from you, not to mention the extra shipping costs that it would take for us to then ship to topps is $ that could just go straight to you (and we increase our odds base on the quickness). Any word yet from this last guy if he still wants his 2 slots or not?
johnm021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm021 View Post
I vote #1. And should definitely throw a few extra bucks or a hit from the break that we get. Our best chance of gettin something back from topps is if it goes straight from you, not to mention the extra shipping costs that it would take for us to then ship to topps is $ that could just go straight to you (and we increase our odds base on the quickness). Any word yet from this last guy if he still wants his 2 slots or not?
No word yet, and my patience is wearing thin. I've contacted him at least twice with no response.

At this point, let's see who wants one or both of his 2 slots.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #246 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm021 View Post
I vote this option as well. I promise I am not trying to make you pull your hair out Ryan I just think that the speed factor is nice. If I were to receive one of the boxes of wrappers I would have no problem dishing you some extra cash for shipping and your time bud.

Now lets random so I can find out what pick I have. Woooo!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #247 (permalink)

I'm still kinda confused on how this process would work. But I'm in favor of whatever gets the wrappers shipped quickest to Topps. I'm ready to pay for my share of shipping and handling.
Bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #248 (permalink)

I will also pay a little extra for your time and help as well as shipping costs! Now someone take those 2 spots and let's get this thing randomized!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
No word yet, and my patience is wearing thin. I've contacted him at least twice with no response.

At this point, let's see who wants one or both of his 2 slots.
I will take his Case #3 slot and pay now if you want, LMK.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #250 (permalink)

I'm on board for whatever everyone else wants....if that is #1, so be it. And I'll toss in for shipping/effort costs. Mucho appreciado.