Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #51 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoan3d View Post
Nice Random for you Dizzy. I bet you end up with a book with one of those spots. I will probably end up with an Active Auto and a Jumbo jersey .

All good hits, so really just about who is on the card I guess.
We'll see! You've got the shot at the KNOB KNOB KNOB KNOB KNOB!
DizzyDSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #52 (permalink)

i like me some knob
greenjdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #53 (permalink)

Hoping the third hit in the first box is a monster!!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #54 (permalink)

Topps just tweeted this sneak peek of 5-star baseball. I hope this is Box 1 Card 1!

http://12bizzles.imgur.com/
12bizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bizzles View Post
Topps just tweeted this sneak peek of 5-star baseball. I hope this is Box 1 Card 1!

Thanks for posting the pic! Just a few more weeks away!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #56 (permalink)

Let's get this back up. When is the expected break date?

Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bizzles View Post
Let's get this back up. When is the expected break date?
According to the product info page on Blowout, the product should be released next week, 11/14. I'll post a break time as soon as I get tracking info. Thanks!
Old 11-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #58 (permalink)

Default Just a thought...

In case anyone needs or wants to get out, I have $100. this weekend for anyone's slot. Couldn't bring myself to buy a box but have some teacher sub money left this week.
Thanks,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #59 (permalink)

Sold Box 2: Hit 1 to VinnyH.

He will confirm.
samoan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #60 (permalink)

Default Yep...

Thanks James, aka samoan3d.
I see you're in a couple of breaks, at least, so best of luck with all your slots.
Best to All,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
I see you're in a couple of breaks, at least, so best of luck with all your slots.
Best to All,
VinnyH
Best to you as well. I hope this product lives up to the hype and we all do well. I probably went overboard. I have these Five Star spots:

DizzyDSki - B1:H5
oldgoldy: C1:B1:H4, C1:B2:H5
Houdini:
B1: A's
B2: Reds, Mariners
B3: Mets, Brewers
B4: Rays
B5: Cubs
B6: White Sox

...and will continue to B/S/T right up to the release
samoan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Sold Box 2: Hit 1 to VinnyH.

He will confirm.
Quote:
Best to All,
VinnyH
Got it!

Thanks guys and good luck w/your slots! Hopefully I'll have the case before the weekend - I'll post an update once I get the tracking info.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:58 AM   #63 (permalink)

Please keep me in mind for all Cardinal hits (Gibson and Musial, in particular) before going to eBay. Thank you all and best of luck.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #64 (permalink)

Default Seems we have base now...

Early analysis: 2012 Topps Five Star checklist

Topps announced there will be an 80 card base set also. I propose that all base get randomized amongst the 15 slots with 1 person winning them all. Consider them like an extra hit (That's assuming no one misses a hit from any box)

My guess is they will have 3 base per box like football.

I'm easy,
VinnyH
Old 11-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Early analysis: 2012 Topps Five Star checklist

Topps announced there will be an 80 card base set also. I propose that all base get randomized amongst the 15 slots with 1 person winning them all. Consider them like an extra hit (That's assuming no one misses a hit from any box)

My guess is they will have 3 base per box like football.

I'm easy,
VinnyH
I can do this. Another option is to do the random per box. I can do that too.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #66 (permalink)

Default Seems Topps Tweeted that...

1 base per box

I'm fine with randoming per box or for all 3.

Thanks,
VinnyH
Old 11-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #67 (permalink)

Great news everyone! I received the tracking information on the case and it will be delivered tomorrow night!

I think there will be quite a few breaks of Five Star going on tomorrow night, so I'd like to try sneaking this one in a little earlier, aiming for a 6:30pm ET break time. This will allow extra time to scan the hits and have them shipped out the next day. The break will be recorded as well. If the majority would like to bump this break , I can do that as well, but would really prefer to go a little earlier. Many of you are participating in other Five Star breaks of 1-2-3+ cases and this way you could watch those as well.

Here's a link to my BlogTV page: www.blogtv.com/people/dizzydski

As far as the base cards go, I'll plan on randoming these with everyone...if we get three base, there'll be three winners in the random...if we somehow get more base, there'll be more winners. The base can sell quite well, so I'd like to "spread the love" as best as possible.

We could also consider randoming the x-number of base cards to the "lowest" hits in the break. For those who will be joining the live break, we could discuss what are the lowest three (or more) hits and then random accordingly live on Blog. I kinda like that idea the best...thoughts? Whoever hits the Babe Ruth bat knob doesn't really need an extra base card

Last edited by DizzyDSki; 11-13-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #68 (permalink)

The earlier the better for me! As far as the base cards go, I'm up for whatever you (or the majority) think is fair. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #69 (permalink)

Default Great news on the shipment...

I'm around all evening but would vote for the earliest time since I'm anxious to see what we all pull. I guess the base going to 3 people seems the fairest move.
Thanks Again,
VinnyH
Old 11-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #70 (permalink)

I agree with earliest is best and with spreading the wealth as much as possible. Ideally, giving the base to the lowest value hits would be great. However, I think in order to protect yourself from people complaining, you are probably better off just randoming to everyone. If we were taking more time between break and ship, then you could get concensus on lowest hits, but I agree with your decision to try and ship as soon as possible too.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree with earliest is best and with spreading the wealth as much as possible. Ideally, giving the base to the lowest value hits would be great. However, I think in order to protect yourself from people complaining, you are probably better off just randoming to everyone. If we were taking more time between break and ship, then you could get concensus on lowest hits, but I agree with your decision to try and ship as soon as possible too.
Good call...I'd like to think we could get by any disagreement on the lowest hits, but full agreement usually isn't the case, and to avoid any drama and be 100% sure there won't be any problems, hurt feelings, etc., I will random the signup list five times and the first card will go to the person on the top of the list...second to second...and so on.

6:30pm ET sounds good for at least a few of us, so 6:30p ET it is. Looking forward to it guys!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #72 (permalink)

Default A little side note...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyDSki View Post
Good call...I'd like to think we could get by any disagreement on the lowest hits, but full agreement usually isn't the case, and to avoid any drama and be 100% sure there won't be any problems, hurt feelings, etc., I will random the signup list five times and the first card will go to the person on the top of the list...second to second...and so on.

6:30pm ET sounds good for at least a few of us, so 6:30p ET it is. Looking forward to it guys!
I know a lot of people randomize lists 3-4-5 times but really, isn't once good enough? If we trust the mod and random.org, doing it multiple times just seems a waste of time.
Just saying,
VinnyH
Old 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
I know a lot of people randomize lists 3-4-5 times but really, isn't once good enough? If we trust the mod and random.org, doing it multiple times just seems a waste of time.
Just saying,
VinnyH
Don't make me go six times Vinny!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Just saying,
VinnyH
Yes, you are absolutely right. But you would be surprised how many people don't believe this and can't comprehend it. I mean after all, the more times we random the list, the "more random" it is, right?

Eventually, someone will request that we random how many times we random the list before we random the list The ultimate random!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #75 (permalink)

Default Ya never know....

At least it's not just me wondering about these things.

It's good people don't see who would have had the best spots in the wasted first randomization.

Going heavy on smileys,
VinnyH