Major League Baseball Group Break League: Season 1, Break 2
[B][SIZE="7"]Major League Baseball Group Break League[/SIZE][/B] - Approved by the department of redundancy department.
• The Major League Baseball Group Break League! There will be 30 slots, 1 slot for each MLB team. There are 10 regular season breaks using the “GBFL” point system, which I’ll show a little bit later. Each break is a random team break and there’s a random done for each break, so you don’t keep the same team throughout the breaks. After the regular season, there’s one playoff round featuring the four highest scorers going head to head and then a Championship game with the 2 winners in the 11th month.
• $10.50 per slot to cover bulk supplies at the beginning of the season.
• $23 per month per slot for cards for a total of $650 per month (after paypal fees).
• An additional $2 per month per slot goes towards the Championship game.
[B][SIZE="5"]GBFL Point System[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="2"][I]What the cards are worth in points[/I][/SIZE]
• Jersey hit – 1pt
• Patch hit – 2pts
• Auto hit (Includes manufactured patch autos) – 3pts
• Jersey/Auto – 4pts
• Patch/Auto – 5pts
[B]Serial # Values[/B]
• Anything over /100, inserts, rookies, parallels - .1 pts
• Anything between /100 to /51 – 1pt
• Anything between /50 to /26 – 2pts
• Anything between /25 to /11 – 3pts
• Anything between /10 to /6 – 4pts
• Anything between /5 to /2 – 5pts
• 1/1 – 10pts
Values are added too, so if you hit a patch numbered to /99, you would get the 2pts for the patch and the 1pt for the serial numbering.
[B][SIZE="5"]The Regular Season[/SIZE][/B]
• The regular season runs strictly on point accumulation. So, there are no head to head games, just points. You get all the cards from your randomized team in the break, Plus 1st place gets to pick the products for the next month’s break, so there’s incentive to winning. The regular season will last 10 months and feature 10 breaks. There will be a different randomization done for each break. Also, points from different slots won’t be combined, so if you buy 2 slots, they’ll be run as separate slots. The winner of the last regular season month will pick the products for the 1st playoff round. The MLBGBL will need at least a 12 month commitment from participants, so we don’t have people dropping out halfway through if they fall too far behind or something of that nature. At the end of the regular season, the top 8 points getters from the regular season will meet in head to head matchups in the playoffs. Which takes us to:
• In the playoffs, the top 8 scorers from the regular season will meet in head to head matchups. The #1 in points vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3. The 4 playoff teams will get to draft their teams for this break with #1 drafting 1st, 2 drafting 2nd and so on. The remaining 22 teams after the draft will be randomized among the remaining 26 participants. So, the playoff round will be a group break for everyone but only the 4 playoff teams have a shot at the championship matchup. The 4 winners from the head to head matchups will go on the next playoff round which will play out pretty much the same with #1 vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3 and each of those slots drafting their teams. Again, everyone participates but only those 4 will be eligble for the championship.
• By my calculations, there will be around $600 to spend on product for the championship. The Highest seed left in the championship will get to pick the products for the championship break and will get to choose between drafting the American or National Leagues . The championship break is only between the 2 winners from the playoff round. The winner will be whoever has the most points. Of course, to the victor goes the spoils, which include:
1. All cards he hit in the Championship.
2. His pick of one card from the loser’s hits
3. His slot costs will be factored into the next season’s finances, so his slot will be FREE for the next season.
A few additional things
1. If you commit to the group and drop out once it has started.
2. If someone drops out and no one takes their place, that slot will be "absorbed" by the rest of the league, meaning that slot cost will be divided amongst the remaining members and any hits from that slot will be randomized between participants. Any cards coming from an "absorbed" slot will not count towards your point total.
3. Shipping will be calculated after each break.
[B][U]Payment Due Date: 10PM Eastern, October 16th
Payment info: Please mark payments as goods and include your Blowout user name. Send payments to [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email]. DO NOT include the term GROUP BREAK with payment.[/U][/B]
[B]Payment for each slot is $25[/B]
[B]Your name will be bolded in the standing once payment is received. [/B]
[B]dtrainman #2 2.6[/B]
[B]711 Cards 1.4[/B]
[B]Reid n Owen 1[/B]
[B]*30/30 Slots Paid*[/B]
bbuckert24 5 Kansas City Royals
Dacubs 0.5 Minnesota Twins
711 Cards 1.4 Colorado Rockies
catfishhedberg 1.2 San Diego Padres
hearseguy 6.4 Texas Rangers
Meat 3.9 Seattle Mariners
Grahamgdogg 7 Houston Astros
Clippins 3.9 Oakland A's (from bucksbandit)
jsrb14 7.1 Pittsburgh Pirates
theacox 2.7 Atlanta Braves
Snowboy 4.8 Detroit Tigers
dtrainman #2 2.6 San Francisco Giants
KB81 1.2 Tampa Bay Rays
boardermartin 4.4 Chicago Cubs
Reid n Owen 1 Milwaukee Brewers
bigbaseballboy 2.4 Miami Marlins
dtrainman 1 New York Yankees
Blue_Devil 2.8 Cleveland Indians
THE700LEVEL 2.4 Los Angeles Dodgers
TOMBB25 5.1 Toronto Blue Jays
BucksBandit 2.8 Arizona Diamondbacks (from Clippins)
Jfray 0.9 New York Mets
foreverLFC 1.7 Cincinnati Reds
SteelPen2 1.2 Washington Nationals
VWBUS1978 5.2 Philadelphia Phillies
shabagel 7.8 Los Angeles Angels
samoan3d 3.4 Boston Red Sox
mcholke 2 Baltimore Orioles
jdberia 0.8 Chicago White Sox
VTHokie22 0.5 St. Louis Cardinals
- Cards featuring players in college uniforms (Press Pass, Sage, 2010 and onward Upper Deck) will go to the team the player spent the most seasons with. So for instance Albert Pujols would be a Cardinal and so on. In the case of tie, a random will be done between those teams.
- Cards will go to the team that is listed on the card.
- Cards featuring multiple players will be randomed off between the teams on the card.
- All randoms will be done by a mod using random.org.
- Break will be broadcast live on Ustream and also recorded for viewing on Ustream.
- All cards including base will be sent out to those who want them.
- It is up to you to let me know you want your cards shipped. If I don't hear from you, I will assume you want them held.
Products for the break:
1-2011 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Baseball Hobby Box
1-2005 Donruss Champions Baseball Hobby Box
2-2012 Bowman Baseball Jumbo (HTA) Box
2-2012 Bowman Chrome
1-2008 Razor Letterman
711 Cards 10
dtrainman #2 9
Reid n Owen 1.7
This Group Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are posted for review; please do your own due diligence. The host has provided verification for the age requirement. If you are comfortable with the host, format and pricing, you may join the break and reserve your slot(s) by posting in this thread. Please note that once you reserve your slot(s), you commit to pay for your reserved slot(s).
[FONT=verdana]Order # 183527
Moving to active.
When sending an Online Payment to the host, protect yourself by sending as goods (not gift). If a payment is sent as a "gift", you eliminate your chance of filing a claim or chargeback should the need arise. If possible, fund the payment with a credit card to be fully protected.
Hooray! This is month's break is back up. Payment has been sent.
Month two paid for. I posted a link to this thread in the original thread, so hopefully everyone will find it.
Paid please confirm
Yay!!! We're back! Paid as well!
All paid up!
Payment list has been updated. 6 out of 30 slots paid for.
Major League Baseball Group Break League
$25 payment sent......Thanks.
Payment sent for october
Sent!!! Can't wait to see what the break is!
[QUOTE=VWBUS1978;3452414]Sent!!! Can't wait to see what the break is![/QUOTE]
I've got a feeling that 2012 BC will be involved. I mean with the whole timing of the break and having payments due the day before BC releases. Call it a hunch....
[QUOTE=Clippins;3453014]I've got a feeling that 2012 BC will be involved. I mean with the whole timing of the break and having payments due the day before BC releases. Call it a hunch....[/QUOTE]
Well, it is up to shabagel, so we will have to see if he has been monitoring release dates :)
Payment sent. I added some money for shipping, if I owe you more after the break I'll send it then.
Payment made, thanks
What are we breaking?
person who won last break (first person on the list) has to pick the product.
We are waiting on him to let us know what he wants to break.
Then we finish paying, Order, Random and Break.
I'll take a backup
Payment has been made.
[QUOTE=KB81;3454984]person who won last break (first person on the list) has to pick the product.
We are waiting on him to let us know what he wants to break.
Then we finish paying, Order, Random and Break.[/QUOTE]
I think the order is supposed to be pay, winner picks product, order, random, break. So, people don't drop out because they don't like the product picked. Although, hopefully that wouldn't happen anyway since we are trying to have a league here.
Products aren't revealed until all payments are in to prevent people from possibly dropping out because they don't like products.
Paid in Filet O' Fish Sandwiches
[QUOTE=The700Level;3456408]Paid in Filet O' Fish Sandwiches[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, the correct answer was McChicken sandwiches. McChicken.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.