Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #1926 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
I have zero code card slots, so it should be no mystery as to which horse I have in this race...but it is for the fear of the unknown that I avoided the code cards. On paper, they sounded like a fun deal...on paper, that is, prior to release, and before any of us have seen a promotion like this before. To take a code card slot, even AT the original stated odds, is rolling the dice a little bit, no? And to find that they aren't quite as common as Topps originally said they'd be...well, that's just part of the gamble, right?
Yes Sir. Thanks
notsublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #1927 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
I have no idea why Houdini even bothers with these breaks anymore.
This!!! But hopefully he doesn't stop despite some of the headaches they wind up causing (thanks Topps).

I have a slot spot or two of code cards in both breaks and don't think there should be any changes made. The draft sheet did say half a case of code cards and have an ~....therefore, we get half a case of whatever that number is. I feel for those who bought a bunch of these spots, but all spots are a gamble when it comes down to it. Making any changes now would be unfair to others in my opinion.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #1928 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Holy #@#@#@#@. I had no idea this was going on, but the answer is absolutely not.

If they had printed 0 of my auto spots even though the sell sheet had the card pictured, would I get the extra case? Hell no.

I am going to read the last 3 pages now, but that is the answer.

Code cards are worth more now as the blue wave will have better odds. So there is that. I will not debate how much more.

Hopefully Topps will be giving us an answer soon as to how they will handle it also. They have to address it eventually (may have already I need to look at twitter).
Old 11-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #1929 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Holy #@#@#@#@. I had no idea this was going on, but the answer is absolutely not.

If they had printed 0 of my auto spots even though the sell sheet had the card pictured, would I get the extra case? Hell no.

Code cards are worth more now as the blue wave will have better odds. So there is that. I will not debate how much more.

Hopefully Topps will be giving us an answer soon as to how they will handle it also. They have to address it eventually (may have already I need to look at twitter).
Well put young man!
Troybuilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #1930 (permalink)

Quote:

Whew. Yea!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #1931 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Taking a code slot wasnt a gamble originally, i thought i knew what i was getting. 4 codes a case, i had these sold for $2+ a code. All you people here comparing slots isnt even relevant. Comparing base of a player to an insert makes no sense, there are odds on specific inserts, 1:6 supposedly is a code, missing a code here and there isnt mising half the product originally thought to have. Most of you probably dont care about the whole ordeal because you have 0-3 slots of these. And im fine with what whatever, but when you have 40+ slots of something that gets cut in half wouldnt you be disappointed/pissed? But its my fault for taking them so be it..........
Old 11-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #1932 (permalink)

On a side note topps is working to remedy the sitituation so all the fuss might be for nothing.........
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #1933 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

First:

I truly appreciate the way that you guys have handled this debate. The worst post was mine. I saw that the conversation was 3 pages long and thought "oh #@#@#@#@."

I also appreciate that nordy22, notsublime, and needchapmans are being pretty cool about it. Nordy because he has the vast majority of codes, notsublime because he did not have the base, and needchapmans because somebody suggested not giving him his base after I have already spent his money.

Ok, having said that, my final thoughts:

1. No. Sorry that Topps #@#@#@#@ed us all again, but that is what it is.

2. Do not forget, there will be an extra case worth of code cards added to the code card pile to be divided as evenly as possible.

3. Topps MUST give us an answer. I don't want to say what, but they have always tried to make it up in some way. I am hoping they do so again.

I just paid extra for overnight shipping of 4 cases and 2-day shipping of 4 cases. It has cost me hundreds. There was only a few dollars left over after buying the case. It sucks, but it is what it is.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #1934 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy22 View Post
Taking a code slot wasnt a gamble originally, i thought i knew what i was getting. 4 codes a case, i had these sold for $2+ a code. All you people here comparing slots isnt even relevant. Comparing base of a player to an insert makes no sense, there are odds on specific inserts, 1:6 supposedly is a code, missing a code here and there isnt mising half the product originally thought to have. Most of you probably dont care about the whole ordeal because you have 0-3 slots of these. And im fine with what whatever, but when you have 40+ slots of something that gets cut in half wouldnt you be disappointed/pissed? But its my fault for taking them so be it..........
Nordy, putting a Graduate Degree In Marketing to use (20 years removed), in my opinion this comes down to "supply & demand". The codes should have more of a value now that the SUPPLY has been shortened and the DEMAND is still present. I wish you the best of luck!
Troybuilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #1935 (permalink)

Quote:
First:

I truly appreciate the way that you guys have handled this debate. The worst post was mine. I saw that the conversation was 3 pages long and thought "oh #@#@#@#@."

I also appreciate that nordy22, notsublime, and needchapmans are being pretty cool about it. Nordy because he has the vast majority of codes, notsublime because he did not have the base, and needchapmans because somebody suggested not giving him his base after I have already spent his money.

2. Do not forget, there will be an extra case worth of code cards added to the code card pile to be divided as evenly as possible.

3. Topps MUST give us an answer. I don't want to say what, but they have always tried to make it up in some way. I am hoping they do so again.

I just paid extra for overnight shipping of 4 cases and 2-day shipping of 4 cases. It has cost me hundreds. There was only a few dollars left over after buying the case. It sucks, but it is what it is.
Thank You.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #1936 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troybuilts View Post
Nordy, putting a Graduate Degree In Marketing to use (20 years removed), in my opinion this comes down to "supply & demand". The codes should have more of a value now that the SUPPLY has been shortened and the DEMAND is still present. I wish you the best of luck!
They should be worth more and probably will be, all in all im honestly not too concerned. I will sleep just as well as i did 2 weeks ago. I just get a kick out of how fired up some people get, i wasnt dissappointed in anything about the break. I dissappointed in Topps for being the stellar champs they always are.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #1937 (permalink)

Quote:
First:

Houdini...you are a great man. Thank you for going above and beyond for us.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #1938 (permalink)

Well my 2 cents for what it is worth is this:

1. I am annoyed by the codes situation, as it *looks* but we can't really base things off 2-3 cases that i have seen ripped thus far. I also bought spots in both houdini's breaks because i saw the value of the codes at $2-3 each and figured at 24 (or 16) codes that was easy money in some cases which now will probably end up a loss, but c'est la vie. Like anything else we live and we learn. This will probably just make me more apt to try out the gave with some of my codes and see how many packs I can pull.

2. I am personally going to send houdini a few bucks to help defray the cost of shipping, i just had to have my 14 cases overnighted to me as I took off of work tomorrow to rip and have no time thursday to do so. 14 cases cost me a touch over $500 to get overnighted so if everyone kicks in $5-10 we can more then cover the shipping cost increases. Obviously this is not something people *have* to do but it would be a nice gesture.

3. Thanks for all of the hard work houdini in hosting the draft and then breaking and then organizing and then shipping.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #1939 (permalink)

Quote:
Houdini...you are a great man. Thank you for going above and beyond for us.

I mean, I just thought it was worth discussing....
primecardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #1940 (permalink)

I too will chip in a couple extra bucks for the overnight shipping. Plus after the break I was going to ask you if somehow I could have mine shipped to a different address since I will be moving, so this will be the perfect way to send over a payment with my new address for you to print the label from (if that is fine with you, if not no problem because I will set up at the PO to have all my mail forwarded anyways). Let us know the procedure/PP address you want us to go by for sending a few extra bucks
johnm021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #1941 (permalink)

I already chipped in by having 50 slots...........lol
Old 11-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #1942 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm021 View Post
I too will chip in a couple extra bucks for the overnight shipping. Plus after the break I was going to ask you if somehow I could have mine shipped to a different address since I will be moving, so this will be the perfect way to send over a payment with my new address for you to print the label from (if that is fine with you, if not no problem because I will set up at the PO to have all my mail forwarded anyways). Let us know the procedure/PP address you want us to go by for sending a few extra bucks
whoa, thanks for the reminder! I actually am in the process of moving too, and will need to do the exact same thing! A couple bucks coming your way, Houdini!
JusRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #1943 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

You guys can also do this (if you haven't already):

https://www.usps.com/manage/forward-mail.htm
Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #1944 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Guys, please do not send me any money. To be honest, I am still going to make a profit on this break due to all the spots that were bought up.

Plus, this is actually fun for me. The hard part is the draft and the shipping (not sorting so much).

The break - that is a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primecardz View Post

I mean, I just thought it was worth discussing....
Yep, no offense taken or meant. Sometimes a pm is good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy22 View Post
I already chipped in by having 50 slots...........lol
Yes, you did. 100%
Old 11-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #1945 (permalink)

But I am sure you are barely making anything worth the hassle of 20+ cases.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #1946 (permalink)

Quote:
First:

This is my only complaint with BO. Why is it necessary to waste this money for overnight shipping if the cases are sitting in their warehouse? I understand Topps doesn't allow products to be released before the street date, but a distributor should be able to ship products so they arrive at the customer's house on release date. Amazon and other retailers seems to have no problem operating this way (for products other than cards - I have never ordered cards from anywhere else online).

Is there some other reason I am unaware of that BO only ships on street date?
zeeropointzeero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #1947 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

They ship before release date. Normally on new stuff they ship Monday and most zones get it Wednesday on the release date. BO told me that because of the holiday back logs/no shipping thanksgiving/Friday that cases won't ship until Tuesday - meaning a Thursday delivery for most places, but I believe Houdini is in the area that wouldn't get them until Friday (maybe later) hence why he paid for overnight delivery (I assume).

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #1948 (permalink)

exactly... Isn't this a 2012 BDPP 20 Case Draft?
Not a fairy tail mystery code who dingy fantasy team "TRYING TO PROFIT OFF OF" Draft

Tough Luck!

Quote:
I have zero code card slots, so it should be no mystery as to which horse I have in this race...but it is for the fear of the unknown that I avoided the code cards. On paper, they sounded like a fun deal...on paper, that is, prior to release, and before any of us have seen a promotion like this before. To take a code card slot, even AT the original stated odds, is rolling the dice a little bit, no? And to find that they aren't quite as common as Topps originally said they'd be...well, that's just part of the gamble, right?
gmoney000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #1949 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
They ship before release date. Normally on new stuff they ship Monday and most zones get it Wednesday on the release date. BO told me that because of the holiday back logs/no shipping thanksgiving/Friday that cases won't ship until Tuesday - meaning a Thursday delivery for most places, but I believe Houdini is in the area that wouldn't get them until Friday (maybe later) hence why he paid for overnight delivery (I assume).
Is that only for case buyers? I've bought boxes of presale stuff and it never ships until release day. My BDPP boxes certainly didn't ship today.
zeeropointzeero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #1950 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

A almost local shop had these:

I got the gasman auto ref in 4 loose packs. Plus jumbo box and hobby case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeropointzeero View Post
Is that only for case buyers? I've bought boxes of presale stuff and it never ships until release day. My BDPP boxes certainly didn't ship today.
Yeah, boxes ship release day. I think that is a Topps rule.