Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #1976 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
So you picked players that we'rent even in the product, and you were not compensated?

It's interesting because some people say "risk" but that's not true. Fact of the matter is that when you select in these group breaks, you do so based on "fact". If there were risk involved, how come you can only go down in value, not up.

Any added value and the break changes to spread the value. Any reduced value and "well, that's risk you took" and only individual pickers are hurt.

Again, in Houdini's break, it's a tough pill to swallow. Swallowed. In Boomo's, I just can't swallow a four figure loss even before the break begins.
Again, I feel your pain, but how would you get your $$$ back from the ebay auctions? There is nothing in the listing that states you are getting xxx number of base versions. It just says you can get all the bowmans best die cuts including any variations.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #1977 (permalink)

Quote:
So you picked players that we'rent even in the product, and you were not compensated?

It's interesting because some people say "risk" but that's not true. Fact of the matter is that when you select in these group breaks, you do so based on "fact". If there were risk involved, how come you can only go down in value, not up.

Any added value and the break changes to spread the value. Any reduced value and "well, that's risk you took" and only individual pickers are hurt.

Again, in Houdini's break, it's a tough pill to swallow. Swallowed. In Boomo's, I just can't swallow a four figure loss even before the break begins.
The person doing the break sent me a couple random non auto refractors with SV around $2. I did not even ask for it so it was a nice touch. However I did not have what you have invested in it. I feel your pain but do feel it is a risk. We were all working with incomplete information.
Gator993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #1978 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Again, I feel your pain, but how would you get your $$$ back from the ebay auctions? There is nothing in the listing that states you are getting xxx number of base versions. It just says you can get all the bowmans best die cuts including any variations.
Never mind - I just realized that worst case you can just return the items within 14 days for a refund anyhow.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #1979 (permalink)

Guys, I'm not going to file a chargeback, or leave negative feedback or anything of the like.

My play here is for Boomo to recognize that people that bought the 50 Bowman's Best auctions (38 of 'em right here) are due a refund because Topps did not produce a base set. He's pre-sold a product that he didn't have, and now will not have and this the buyers should be due a refund.

It's not as if he'll have to go and re-list hundreds of auctions ... his 50 case break will yield 60 cards most likely and he can sell them individually when the group break is complete.

It's not his fault, I don't feel it's my fault, but he must compensate as it was his auction.

Houdini, my apologies, back to this break. You're call if anything changes, I'm good either way and I hope the other Bowman's Best slot pickers are OK as well.

-Michael
Old 11-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #1980 (permalink)

Quote:
Guys, I'm not going to file a chargeback, or leave negative feedback or anything of the like.

My play here is for Boomo to recognize that people that bought the 50 Bowman's Best auctions (38 of 'em right here) are due a refund because Topps did not produce a base set. He's pre-sold a product that he didn't have, and now will not have and this the buyers should be due a refund.

It's not as if he'll have to go and re-list hundreds of auctions ... his 50 case break will yield 60 cards most likely and he can sell them individually when the group break is complete.

It's not his fault, I don't feel it's my fault, but he must compensate as it was his auction.

Houdini, my apologies, back to this break. You're call if anything changes, I'm good either way and I hope the other Bowman's Best slot pickers are OK as well.

-Michael
Almost had a heart attack. I purchased over $1300 worth of BOOMOS auctions, however no die-cut slots. I did pretty much clean jhim out of EVERY Red Sox slot. Good luck everyone.
Troybuilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #1981 (permalink)

Can anyone help here in tweeting topps about the Bowman's Best? Not on twitter oddly enough so curious to their response (if they have one)
Old 11-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #1982 (permalink)

Quote:
Can anyone help here in tweeting topps about the Bowman's Best? Not on twitter oddly enough so curious to their response (if they have one)
Already done hours ago...
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #1983 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Topps has said to call "customer support" (keep a straight face reading that?) if you think you are missing some code cards.

Let's see how that plays out. I will call them with videos of the 44 cases I will be opening this week. I will ask them to kindly watch every #@#@#@#@ing minute of the breaks so that they can count the codes with me...

"If you think you are missing codes..."

smh
So, I called Topps CS this morning and they are going to replace the missing codes from my personal case and a half of draft. The lady I talked with was not sure if they were giving the codes over e-mail/phone or sending out cards, she mentioned they should have the codes this evening. Either way she assured I wiould get the codes. We shall see.
primecardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #1984 (permalink)

Quote:
The odds suggest you'll pull one per case, maybe.

I bought up over $1,100 of Boomo spots thinking there would be 48 inserts per case, minimum. Plus I've got 10 picks here in Houdini's draft ...

I'm gonna see if Boomo will work with me / as for Houdini ... IDK. Don't think the situation can be changed here, but you can be damn sure I'm gonna fix it in the 50 caser. (Heading to the DMV angry, back in a few so forgive me if I don't respond to questions).

Just a little FYI..... When he started these auctions he had a base/color slot for Courtney Hawkins...... I searched high/low and couldn't find him on the checklist..... I contacted him and he replied that if in fact Hawkins wasn't in the base product (non-auto) I would be refunded in full...... Not sure if it's the same deal, just letting you know that he is willing to work with you if you contact him..... And I'll end this by saying, I have never met or spoken to Boomo before this message to him.... I am not a friend or acquaintance of his at all if it matters to anyone..... Good Luck !!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #1985 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy1313 View Post
Just a little FYI..... When he started these auctions he had a base/color slot for Courtney Hawkins...... I searched high/low and couldn't find him on the checklist..... I contacted him and he replied that if in fact Hawkins wasn't in the base product (non-auto) I would be refunded in full...... Not sure if it's the same deal, just letting you know that he is willing to work with you if you contact him..... And I'll end this by saying, I have never met or spoken to Boomo before this message to him.... I am not a friend or acquaintance of his at all if it matters to anyone..... Good Luck !!
HA ... well that's not good.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #1986 (permalink)

Quote:
HA ... well that's not good.

Like I said..... Good Luck and I hope things work out for you....
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #1987 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

We have some cards that were not on the sell sheet - top prospect duals.

They are pretty cool and there are some nice ones (harper/hamilton, trout/somebody).

I was going to offer to sell them and buy more stuff, but why not break them up amongst hitless spots? or hitless auto spots and then break the rest up for Bowman's Best lots? I am cool with that. If Topps has a different solution to that problem though, the duals should go back to the whole break.

The code cards appear to be being resolved by Topps. I will call CS with videos for evidence of 40+ cases and they should be sending me replacement codes of one sort or another... may just be an email though.

As for refunding the Bowman's Best lots, no I cannot do that. I made nowhere near that much money.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #1988 (permalink)

Quote:

They are pretty cool and there are some nice ones (harper/hamilton, trout/somebody).

I was going to offer to sell them and buy more stuff, but why not break them up amongst hitless spots? or hitless auto spots and then break the rest up for Bowman's Best lots? I am cool with that. If Topps has a different solution to that problem though, the duals should go back to the whole break.

The code cards appear to be being resolved by Topps. I will call CS with videos for evidence of 40+ cases and they should be sending me replacement codes of one sort or another... may just be an email though.

As for refunding the Bowman's Best lots, no I cannot do that. I made nowhere near that much money.
Sounds good.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #1989 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Having said that, I have another small problem:

Of the 4 cases I had overnighted, only 2 arrived.

It was a UPS screwup, not BO.

Having said that, I have 2 cases I am preparing to open shortly.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #1990 (permalink)

Quote:

Wow, I hope you got some sort of shipping refund there. That sucks!

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #1991 (permalink)

Quote:

Let us know how the code call goes. I was planning on calling them for my 3 slots but it would probably be easier if you got them all at once. Thanks for your assistance!
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #1992 (permalink)

Between the site being down a full draft day, to code cards, to bowmans best, to now UPS ...

This one is going in the books. FAR FAR down in the books.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #1993 (permalink)

Speaking of codes, on a break I watched last night on blogtv, I noticed that many boxes had 2 code cards in 1 pack stuck to each other. I am guessing that may have been what happened to the ones missing in other cases perhaps?

Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #1994 (permalink)

I'm fine with this also.... Not that it matters because I only have (1) auto slot and (1) purple/red ice slot.....

Quote:

Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #1995 (permalink)

Quote:

I need my fix !!! Bust what you have now...... Unfortunately I can't watch on blogtv but I do watch your recaps on YouTube ..... I'll be waiting.....
Old 11-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #1996 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Going live in moments...
Old 11-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #1997 (permalink)

can anybody update the thread with hits? I won't be able to watch live here at work.

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #1998 (permalink)

I'm not even a part of this break but I have been a part of past breaks. I am, unfortunately, someone who invested a few hundred dollars in Best cards. Houdini, I think it would be helpful for you to contact Topps and ask for some compensation for their misrepresentation. The Best cards were listed at 1:6 on the sell sheet. So Topps committed fraud. All of your customers who invested in the Best cards deserve compensation from Topps. Maybe blue wave packs or redemptions? I think we need as many people as possible to contact Topps about this to get them to do the right thing.
kyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #1999 (permalink)

First two boxes:

Gavin Cecchini base auto
Ty Hensley gold non-auto
Nick Williams base auto
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #2000 (permalink)

First two boxes are base autos of Cecchini and Nick Williams. Also hit a gold ref of Ty Hensley

http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/pitch2021/
pitch21 is offline   Reply With Quote