Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #426 (permalink)

yesterday, i realized when scanning my whole bichette collection, that i was missing a card (2012 Bowman Chrome Bichette Orange Ref /25, which was supposed to be a last minute addition to the sub added it right before i left my house for The Philly Show, i forgot to list in the OP, but i definitely listed it in the beckett sub sheet)

I went back and counted all the cards that were scanned into PhotoBucket, twice, and instead of getting back 273, we got back 272. I knew i paid for and the Beckett sales rep counted 273 cards out at the Beckett Booth.

needless to say, i called beckett this morning while on break @ work and asked if they had the card and if they could locate it. CS rep said something to the effect that we don't have a record of that card in our system, however, we had one card unaccounted for that was not sent out because it was not listed on our manifest.

it was a 2011 Bowman Chrome Mike Trout Refractor #175 BGS 9.5 SLAB # 7463102

i know i only had one listed on the sub sheet, JFray's. and looking at the post-grading sub list, it has to be JFray's card, it matches his slab's serial number run and it makes complete sense that way.

i can only assume, but can't verify this because i am still at work, that when i was adding my cards to the group submission box, instead of sending the orange bichette, i sent a trout refractor i got from the last group break of chrome. so the BGS 9 he has (matches my serial # run, kinda) is really mine and the BGS 9.5 must be his.

i'm still missing my orange bichette though, as it was not in the box it should have been last night.

the trout 9.5 should be delivered to me soon, and i'll have it out to Jfray ASAP.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #427 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
yesterday, i realized when scanning my whole bichette collection, that i was missing a card (2012 Bowman Chrome Bichette Orange Ref /25, which was supposed to be a last minute addition to the sub added it right before i left my house for The Philly Show, i forgot to list in the OP, but i definitely listed it in the beckett sub sheet)

I went back and counted all the cards that were scanned into PhotoBucket, twice, and instead of getting back 273, we got back 272. I knew i paid for and the Beckett sales rep counted 273 cards out at the Beckett Booth.

needless to say, i called beckett this morning while on break @ work and asked if they had the card and if they could locate it. CS rep said something to the effect that we don't have a record of that card in our system, however, we had one card unaccounted for that was not sent out because it was not listed on our manifest.

it was a 2011 Bowman Chrome Mike Trout Refractor #175 BGS 9.5 SLAB # 7463102

i know i only had one listed on the sub sheet, JFray's. and looking at the post-grading sub list, it has to be JFray's card, it matches his slab's serial number run and it makes complete sense that way.

i can only assume, but can't verify this because i am still at work, that when i was adding my cards to the group submission box, instead of sending the orange bichette, i sent a trout refractor i got from the last group break of chrome. so the BGS 9 he has (matches my serial # run, kinda) is really mine and the BGS 9.5 must be his.

i'm still missing my orange bichette though, as it was not in the box it should have been last night.

the trout 9.5 should be delivered to me soon, and i'll have it out to Jfray ASAP.
I went to the PO office and picked up the package. iTrader has been left.

That sucks about the missing card. I do not know what I can do but if you need anything let me know....
Old 01-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #428 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I went to the PO office and picked up the package. iTrader has been left.

That sucks about the missing card. I do not know what I can do but if you need anything let me know....
Thanks, all I can do Is go through my desk @ home and try to find it. Font know where else it would be.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #429 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks, all I can do Is go through my desk @ home and try to find it. Font know where else it would be.
Fall behind a desk? In the car? Hopefully you did not drop it at the show....

Do you recall the serial #? Scour eBay for it...
Old 01-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #430 (permalink)

Quote:
Fall behind a desk? In the car? Hopefully you did not drop it at the show....

Do you recall the serial #? Scour eBay for it...
Anything bichette gets listed on eBay and the send me an alert.

I looked all over yesterday, behind, under, everywhere near the desk I use to ship. I have to go through my card boxes tonight if the fiance' lets me!

It's not that big of a deal, because I paid $15 for it, but it was the best centered one I could find.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #431 (permalink)

Cards received, thanks tons!
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #432 (permalink)

Cards received today. Thanks for the great break. Will be joining again!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #433 (permalink)

Cards received, this submission was amazing.

Sorry about your card, hope you find it soon
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #434 (permalink)

Anyone here know r4dm3n??? I tried messaging him several times, but he still has not paid for return shipping.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #435 (permalink)

cards received. thanks!
jcimorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #436 (permalink)

Quote:
Anyone here know r4dm3n??? I tried messaging him several times, but he still has not paid for return shipping.
Dibs
------
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #437 (permalink)
Banned

I dont remember if I paid or not lol.

Still waiting for my bad boys to come in. Need to crack some of them out and re submit them
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #438 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I dont remember if I paid or not lol.

Still waiting for my bad boys to come in. Need to crack some of them out and re submit them
you paid, probably sitting in customs. note: they were insured, but listed as gift, if i remember correctly.
i also sent priority flat rate int'l
Old 01-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #439 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
you paid, probably sitting in customs. note: they were insured, but listed as gift, if i remember correctly.
i also sent priority flat rate int'l
Oh snap! I might get dinged. If I do and its reasonable, ill pay it. if not, Ill have it re routed back to you and pay to ship again.

@ $800 im looking at $235 in duties plus $45 brokerage!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #440 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh snap! I might get dinged. If I do and its reasonable, ill pay it. if not, Ill have it re routed back to you and pay to ship again.

@ $800 im looking at $235 in duties plus $45 brokerage!
but it was sent as a gift. i don't see why you would get dinged.

that's like me sending my g-mom a x-mas gift and her having to pay taxes on the value it is insured for.

does Canada do that?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #441 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
but it was sent as a gift. i don't see why you would get dinged.

that's like me sending my g-mom a x-mas gift and her having to pay taxes on the value it is insured for.

does Canada do that?
They changed that rule about 10 yrs ago with a blurb due to NAFTA reasons. Believe me if I sent you a package with a value of like $10,000 and insured, you would get a call from Customs in the US. If that product is "Made in the USA" and available in your country, they would charge you duties as well. Most of the time US customs lets it go. Reason being, for a NON US sender to insure it costs a ton. I cant value a package at $5k and not insure it for $5k. $5k in insurance would cost me like $55. So most people shipping into the US dont bother. Atleast I dont.

So if the product is made in the "USA" its taxable whether it is a gift or not. They feel that gift gets used much too often to bypass the tariffs.

I can open up a case about not paying duties on items I already owned by challenging the payment contending that I sent them to be appraised and not purchased. But then I would have to prove that I bought them prior with reciepts and garbage. The last time I did that, I had to wait like a year for payment. They make you pay now and if you win the contention, they refund you. Damn losers!

We'll see when it gets here!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #442 (permalink)

Quote:
They changed that rule about 10 yrs ago with a blurb due to NAFTA reasons. Believe me if I sent you a package with a value of like $10,000 and insured, you would get a call from Customs in the US. If that product is "Made in the USA" and available in your country, they would charge you duties as well. Most of the time US customs lets it go. Reason being, for a NON US sender to insure it costs a ton. I cant value a package at $5k and not insure it for $5k. $5k in insurance would cost me like $55. So most people shipping into the US dont bother. Atleast I dont.

So if the product is made in the "USA" its taxable whether it is a gift or not. They feel that gift gets used much too often to bypass the tariffs.

I can open up a case about not paying duties on items I already owned by challenging the payment contending that I sent them to be appraised and not purchased. But then I would have to prove that I bought them prior with reciepts and garbage. The last time I did that, I had to wait like a year for payment. They make you pay now and if you win the contention, they refund you. Damn losers!

We'll see when it gets here!
damn, well i did not know all that!

just got home from the office and checked the shipping receipts, the total value on the receipt is $400, not sure why it is not $800. PM coming your way with customs # and info.

also, JFray, the Trout is in the house and wil be out the door tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #443 (permalink)

Did you ever find your card?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #444 (permalink)

Quote:
Did you ever find your card?
nope. the search continues. i do need to take another look in my storage boxes to be 100% sure, but i have been busy with wedding finances all weekend. the fiance just cleaned my desk and office and she didn't find it.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 AM   #445 (permalink)

Mike,

Thanks for clearing everything up with the Trout refractor and staying on top of it. I got it yesterday. Made my day actually! Thanks for hosting and I have more cards if you do another one!
JFray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #446 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFray View Post
Mike,

Thanks for clearing everything up with the Trout refractor and staying on top of it. I got it yesterday. Made my day actually! Thanks for hosting and I have more cards if you do another one!
alright! good to hear, thanks for being patient and sending the other card back. R3dm4n paid up and his cards were shipped monday.

so that pretty much wraps up this installment of our BGS group sub.

look to the testing waters sometime next week for the signups on the next go-round.

thanks everyone! good luck with your sales or PC's!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #447 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
alright! good to hear, thanks for being patient and sending the other card back. R3dm4n paid up and his cards were shipped monday.

so that pretty much wraps up this installment of our BGS group sub.

look to the testing waters sometime next week for the signups on the next go-round.

thanks everyone! good luck with your sales or PC's!
Thanks again for hosting! Looking forward to your next submission.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #448 (permalink)

I have around 15 for next round
Old 01-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #449 (permalink)

Cards received, thanks!!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #450 (permalink)

The fans want another submission.