|12-10-2012, 09:44 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Major League Baseball Group Break League: Season 1, Break 4
Major League Baseball Group Break League - Approved by the department of redundancy department.
• The Major League Baseball Group Break League! There will be 30 slots, 1 slot for each MLB team. There are 10 regular season breaks using the “GBFL” point system, which I’ll show a little bit later. Each break is a random team break and there’s a random done for each break, so you don’t keep the same team throughout the breaks. After the regular season, there’s one playoff round featuring the four highest scorers going head to head and then a Championship game with the 2 winners in the 11th month.
• $10.50 per slot to cover bulk supplies at the beginning of the season.
• $23 per month per slot for cards for a total of $650 per month (after paypal fees).
• An additional $2 per month per slot goes towards the Championship game.
GBFL Point System
What the cards are worth in points
• Jersey hit – 1pt
• Patch hit – 2pts
• Auto hit (Includes manufactured patch autos) – 3pts
• Jersey/Auto – 4pts
• Patch/Auto – 5pts
Serial # Values
• Anything over /100, inserts, rookies, parallels - .1 pts
• Anything between /100 to /51 – 1pt
• Anything between /50 to /26 – 2pts
• Anything between /25 to /11 – 3pts
• Anything between /10 to /6 – 4pts
• Anything between /5 to /2 – 5pts
• 1/1 – 10pts
Values are added too, so if you hit a patch numbered to /99, you would get the 2pts for the patch and the 1pt for the serial numbering.
The Regular Season
• The regular season runs strictly on point accumulation. So, there are no head to head games, just points. You get all the cards from your randomized team in the break, Plus 1st place gets to pick the products for the next month’s break, so there’s incentive to winning. The regular season will last 10 months and feature 10 breaks. There will be a different randomization done for each break. Also, points from different slots won’t be combined, so if you buy 2 slots, they’ll be run as separate slots. The winner of the last regular season month will pick the products for the 1st playoff round. The MLBGBL will need at least a 12 month commitment from participants, so we don’t have people dropping out halfway through if they fall too far behind or something of that nature. At the end of the regular season, the top 8 points getters from the regular season will meet in head to head matchups in the playoffs. Which takes us to:
• In the playoffs, the top 8 scorers from the regular season will meet in head to head matchups. The #1 in points vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3. The 4 playoff teams will get to draft their teams for this break with #1 drafting 1st, 2 drafting 2nd and so on. The remaining 22 teams after the draft will be randomized among the remaining 26 participants. So, the playoff round will be a group break for everyone but only the 4 playoff teams have a shot at the championship matchup. The 4 winners from the head to head matchups will go on the next playoff round which will play out pretty much the same with #1 vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3 and each of those slots drafting their teams. Again, everyone participates but only those 4 will be eligble for the championship.
• By my calculations, there will be around $600 to spend on product for the championship. The Highest seed left in the championship will get to pick the products for the championship break and will get to choose between drafting the American or National Leagues . The championship break is only between the 2 winners from the playoff round. The winner will be whoever has the most points. Of course, to the victor goes the spoils, which include:
1. All cards he hit in the Championship.
2. His pick of one card from the loser’s hits
3. His slot costs will be factored into the next season’s finances, so his slot will be FREE for the next season.
A few additional things
1. If you commit to the group and drop out once it has started.
2. If someone drops out and no one takes their place, that slot will be "absorbed" by the rest of the league, meaning that slot cost will be divided amongst the remaining members and any hits from that slot will be randomized between participants. Any cards coming from an "absorbed" slot will not count towards your point total.
3. Shipping will be calculated after each break.
Payment Due Date: 10PM Eastern, December 22nd
Payment info: Please mark payments as goods and include your Blowout user name. Send payments to email@example.com. DO NOT include the term GROUP BREAK with payment.
Price is $25 per slot
theacox #2 28.6
711 Cards 27.9
The700Level #2 17.8
dtrainman #2 13.6
Reid n Owen 9.7
KB81 15.6 30. Washington Nationals
dtrainman #2 13.3 28. Texas Rangers
theacox #2 16.5 16. Milwaukee Brewers
Jfray 12.1 7. Cincinnati Reds
Snowboy 15.1 9. Colorado Rockies
VTHokie22 17.2 3. Baltimore Orioles
VWBUS1978 9.9 24. San Francisco Giants
Meat 9.7 8. Cleveland Indians
blue_devil 8.8 19. New York Yankees
711 Cards 23.8 27. Tampa Bay Rays
Reid n Owen 6.5 10. Detroit Tigers
Dacubs 20 21. Philadelphia Phillies
The700Level #2 11.5 14. Los Angeles Angels
jdberia 11.3 25. Seattle Mariners
hearseguy 15.2 29. Toronto Blue Jays
theacox 23.4 20. Oakland Athletics
catfishhedberg 14.6 5. Chicago Cubs
SteelPen2 8.2 6. Chicago White Sox
troybuilts 15.1 26. St. Louis Cardinals
boardermartin 13.4 23. San Diego Padres
TOMBB25 14.6 15. Los Angeles Dodgers
The700Level 10 17. Minnesota Twins
Grahamgdogg 16.2 - Paid next month 18. New York Mets
mcholke 8.7 11. Miami Marlins
BucksBandit 11.5 12. Houston Astros
dtrainman 9.6 2. Atlanta Braves
shabagel 29.2 13. Kansas City Royals
bbuckert24 9.9 22. Pittsburgh Pirates
jsrb14 12.6 4. Boston Red Sox
samoan3d 21.7 1. Arizona Diamondbacks
- Cards featuring players in college uniforms (Press Pass, Sage, 2010 and onward Upper Deck) will go to the team the player spent the most seasons with. So for instance Albert Pujols would be a Cardinal and so on. In the case of tie, a random will be done between those teams.
- Cards will go to the team that is listed on the card.
- Cards featuring multiple players will be randomed off between the teams on the card.
- All randoms will be done by a mod using random.org.
- Break will be broadcast live on Ustream and also recorded for viewing on Ustream.
- All cards including base will be sent out to those who want them.
- It is up to you to let me know you want your cards shipped. If I don't hear from you, I will assume you want them held.
Last edited by catfishhedberg; 12-30-2012 at 10:53 PM.
|12-14-2012, 06:01 PM||#2 (permalink)|
This Group Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are posted for review; please do your own due diligence. The host has provided verification for the age requirement. If you are comfortable with the host, format and pricing, you may join the break and reserve your slot(s) by posting in this thread. Please note that once you reserve your slot(s), you commit to pay for your reserved slot(s).
When sending an Online Payment to the host, protect yourself by sending as goods (not gift). If a payment is sent as a "gift", you eliminate your chance of filing a claim or chargeback should the need arise. If possible, fund the payment with a credit card to be fully protected.
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
|12-14-2012, 10:12 PM||#11 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2011
John, paid up! Got my cards too. Thanks for the fast shipping. (Are the playoffs for 8 or 4 teams? I was confused reading the playoff section of the OP.)
|12-15-2012, 07:49 AM||#13 (permalink)|
Always looking for Marcell Ozuna 2013 Draft and Topps Chrome color.
|12-17-2012, 12:47 AM||#15 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2011
A little free publicity for the group. Posted my hits from the first quarter....
|12-18-2012, 12:07 AM||#18 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Medical Lake, WA
Payment sent, sorry Cat didn't even see this until now.
Collecting Oakland Raiders, Oakland A's, Prizm Basketball and 2002 Topps Heritage Football.
All cards will be mailed in a toploader, team bag and bubble mailer. I will not ship PWE.
|12-18-2012, 03:13 PM||#20 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2009