|12-26-2012, 01:02 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2009
GBFL Season 2, Break 3
Group Break Football League
• So, I’ve come up with what I at least believe to be a pretty interesting idea. The Group Break Football League! There will be 32 slots, 1 slot for each NFL team. There are 10 regular season breaks using the “GBFL” point system, which I’ll show a little bit later. Each break is a random team break and there’s a random done for each break, so you don’t keep the same team throughout the breaks. After the regular season, there’s one playoff round featuring the four highest scorers going head to head and then a Championship game with the 2 winners in the 11th month.
• $10.50 per slot to cover bulk supplies at the beginning of the season.
• $21 per month per slot for cards and the champions slot for a total of $600 per month.
• An additional $2 per month per slot goes towards the Championship game.
GBFL Point System
What the cards are worth in points
• Jersey hit – 1pt
• Patch hit – 2pts
• Auto hit (Includes manufactured patch autos) – 3pts
• Jersey/Auto – 4pts
• Patch/Auto – 5pts
Serial # Values
• Anything over /100, inserts, rookies, parallels - .1 pts
• Anything between /100 to /51 – 1pt
• Anything between /50 to /26 – 2pts
• Anything between /25 to /11 – 3pts
• Anything between /10 to /6 – 4pts
• Anything between /5 to /2 – 5pts
• 1/1 – 10pts
Values are added too, so if you hit a patch numbered to /99, you would get the 2pts for the patch and the 1pt for the serial numbering.
The Regular Season
• The regular season runs strictly on point accumulation. So, there are no head to head games, just points. You get all the cards from your randomized team in the break, Plus 1st place gets to pick the products for the next month’s break, so there’s incentive to winning. The regular season will last 10 months and feature 10 breaks. There will be a different randomization done for each break. Also, points from different slots won’t be combined, so if you buy 2 slots, they’ll be run as separate slots. The winner of the last regular season month will pick the products for the playoff round. The GBFL will need at least a 11 month commitment from participants, so we don’t have people dropping out halfway through if they fall too far behind or something of that nature. At the end of the regular season, the top 4 points getters from the regular season will meet in head to head matchups in the playoffs. Which takes us to:
• In the playoffs, the top 4 scorers from the regular season will meet in head to head matchups. The #1 in points vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3. The 4 playoff teams will get to draft their teams for this break with #1 drafting 1st, 2 drafting 2nd and so on. The remaining 28 teams after the draft will be randomized among the remaining 28 participants. So, the playoff round will be a group break for everyone but only the 4 playoff teams have a shot at the championship matchup. The 2 winners from the head to head matchups will go on the GBFL Championship.
• By my calculations, there will be $600 approximately to spend on product for the championship. The higest seed left after the head to head playoffs round will get to pick the products for the championship break and will get to choose between drafting the AFC or NFC. The championship break is only between the 2 winners from the playoff round. The winner will be whoever has the most points. Of course, to the victor goes the spoils, which include:
1. All cards he hit in the Championship.
2. His pick of one card from the loser’s hits
3. His slot costs will be factored into the next season’s finances, so his slot will be FREE for the next season.
A few additional things
1. If you commit to the group and drop out once it has started, negative itrader feedback will be left unless someone else take your slot.
2. If someone drops out and no one takes their place, that slot will be "absorbed" by the rest of the league, meaning that slot cost will be divided amongst the remaining members and any hits from that slot will be randomized between participants. Any cards coming from an "absorbed" slot will not count towards your point total. Also, when someone takes over a slot, they also keep the points associated with that slot.
3. Shipping will be calculated after each break. It is up to you to let me know you want your stuff shipped. Then I can package it and shoot you a price.
4. I really don't want entire slots to be sold directly between members. The main reason being I'd like to go in order of the reserve/backup list. It makes things simpler for me at least, if I don't have people leapfrogging other people to get into the break.
So, you can buy a team from someone in the break and you'll get the hits from that team but the slot and the points still belong to the original slot holder.
The only way a slot will change hands is if someone voluntarily drops their slot or if they don't pay by the deadline. In either of those scenarios, the slot would go to whoever is at the top of the backup/reserve list.
Please send payments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your screen name and DO NOT include the phrase GROUP BREAK.
Payment deadline: January 4th, 10PM Eastern
SLOT PRICE IS $23 PER SLOT
1. Trubear (Champion Slot = Free)
4. Barberromo2008 #1
6. The700Level #1
12. Barberromo2008 #2
13. lnaminshall #2
14. lnaminshall #1
22. Barberromo2008 #3
25. The700Level #2
32. trubear #2
*32/32 Slots Paid*
- Cards featuring players in college uniforms (Press Pass, Sage, 2010 and onward Upper Deck) will go to the team the player spent the most seasons with. So for instance Scottie Pippen would be a Bull, Patrick Ewing would be a Knick and so on. In the case of tie, a random will be done between those teams.
- Cards will go to the team that is listed on the card.
- Cards featuring multiple players will be randomed off between the teams on the card.
- All randoms will be done by a mod using random.org.
- Break will be broadcast live on Ustream and also recorded for viewing on Ustream.
- Shipping costs are not factored in to slot cost.
- It is up to you to let me know if you want your cards shipped. If you don't let me know, then I'll assume you want me to hold your cards until the next break. I would also appreciate you letting me know whether you want your base or not.
Barberromo2008 #2 17.3
The700Level #1 15.5
Trubear (Champion Slot = Free) 13.3
Barberromo2008 #3 10.2
trubear #2 8
The700Level #2 7.6
Barberromo2008 #1 6.9
lnaminshall #1 6.9
Lnaminshall #2 1.5
Last edited by catfishhedberg; 01-12-2013 at 03:58 PM.
|12-29-2012, 09:11 PM||#2 (permalink)|
This Group Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are posted for review; please do your own due diligence. The host has provided verification for the age requirement. If you are comfortable with the host, format and pricing, you may join the break and reserve your slot(s) by posting in this thread. Please note that once you reserve your slot(s), you commit to pay for your reserved slot(s).
Moving to active.
When sending an Online Payment to the host, protect yourself by sending as goods (not gift). If a payment is sent as a "gift", you eliminate your chance of filing a claim or chargeback should the need arise. If possible, fund the payment with a credit card to be fully protected.
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
|01-02-2013, 05:56 AM||#12 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tofino, CAnada
ok let start a Good New year. Payment sent. Hopefully the football God's will change my luck. My score is slowly going up each month hopefully this month would be my month.
http://photobucket.com/albums/aa442/kukawbubuh19/For saleor trade
|01-04-2013, 12:54 AM||#23 (permalink)|
Payment has been sent.
Collecting Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins, Pirates, and golf cards. Benchwarmer PC: Bambi Lashell, Buffy Tyler, Katarina van Derham, & some Suzanne Stokes.
My bucket: http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/steelpen2/Cards_Trade_Sale/