Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #151 (permalink)

Are the grades in already?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #152 (permalink)

Default Patiently waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
so who is ready to get their cards back?
Curious to see what they think of my Jeter '93 SP. Would like to be pleasantly surprised but it is a cursed card. Many measure up right out of the pack but still get rejected by BGS and PSA.

???
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #153 (permalink)

Well if we getting them this week, count me in as excited as a pig in poop.

If not then I will take my excitement and put it in my back pocket.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
so who is ready to get their cards back?
I'm ready to see what the grades look like. Hopefully we will know something around the end of next week.
Doublexthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #155 (permalink)

Im in for 10 next time if he price is the same
Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #156 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

they were accepted last wednesday at bgs so its 20 business days from then so its not goin to be next week. just so you know. the wait is ALWAYS the worst!!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #157 (permalink)

Default I want instant gratification!

Quote:
they were accepted last wednesday at bgs so its 20 business days from then so its not goin to be next week. just so you know. the wait is ALWAYS the worst!!!!
So, it appears to be as late as March 20th just to get our grades. Then with double shipping, and the time it takes for you to separate and package, we probably won't get them back in hand until the end of March. You're right, the wait is the worst.

These are going straight into the PC, so I'm not too concerned about the wait time. Any word on your next submission?
We live in a country where Rosa Parks had the courage and conviction to sit down long enough to start a revolution that lead to Al Sharpton screaming racism every time Barry Bonds gets indicted for taking performance enhancing drugs in order to break a home run record set by a black man who didn't even have the benefit of Advil.
66_Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #158 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66_Fiat View Post
So, it appears to be as late as March 20th just to get our grades. Then with double shipping, and the time it takes for you to separate and package, we probably won't get them back in hand until the end of March. You're right, the wait is the worst.

These are going straight into the PC, so I'm not too concerned about the wait time. Any word on your next submission?
yes i sent it to be approved last night(on here) so whenever they approve it it will be on. its going to be a little different as im taking 125-150 cards this time and at first im only doing around 8 or more cards to get in as it get confusing having 30 people submit 2-3 cards and you dont really save anything by only sending a couple anyway
Old 02-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
yes i sent it to be approved last night(on here) so whenever they approve it it will be on. its going to be a little different as im taking 125-150 cards this time and at first im only doing around 8 or more cards to get in as it get confusing having 30 people submit 2-3 cards and you dont really save anything by only sending a couple anyway
We should start right now and see if we can plan a 1000+ card sub for june or july. Do them at the 45 day level and see if we can get them for $5 each. That would be a huge sub
Old 02-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #160 (permalink)

I know Beckett is more expensive, but do they match pricing with PSA?

Over on their forums, they had a submission that started off at 500 cards at $5 but got pricing for 1000-2000 cards down to $4.50/card.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
I realized that [pricing] after I submitted my 3 cards, but it was my first time. Now I think I'm going to be a slut. I already have 6 cards standing by, and I haven't even gone through half of my PC (PC=Pujols Collection). Can I call dibs to get in on this next one as a repeat customer?
We live in a country where Rosa Parks had the courage and conviction to sit down long enough to start a revolution that lead to Al Sharpton screaming racism every time Barry Bonds gets indicted for taking performance enhancing drugs in order to break a home run record set by a black man who didn't even have the benefit of Advil.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #162 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
I realized that [pricing] after I submitted my 3 cards, but it was my first time. Now I think I'm going to be a slut. I already have 6 cards standing by, and I haven't even gone through half of my PC (PC=Pujols Collection). Can I call dibs to get in on this next one as a repeat customer?
ANYONE who was in a previous one has first dibs as i want this to be a good thing and keep it going in the future. One way for me to do that is to take care of the guys that submit multiple times. im working on better prices right now. but if you check at what they normally cost and add your own shipping thru this group sub its WAY cheaper. So to answer your question yes i can save you a spot and i can send 500 if i want to but you guys have no idea how much work it is(thats why i keep it at 125 or so) and i have some cards at psa right now on a 45 day service and they were sent out in january and they wont be back for several more weeks so i dont see myself doing that anytime soon.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #163 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:

just got an email cards will ship on the 18th back to me
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Lets send in again by the 10th or so... find out what the monthly special is on the first and go from there? I have some I'd like to submit if the price is right.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 PM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
ANYONE who was in a previous one has first dibs as i want this to be a good thing and keep it going in the future. One way for me to do that is to take care of the guys that submit multiple times. im working on better prices right now. but if you check at what they normally cost and add your own shipping thru this group sub its WAY cheaper. So to answer your question yes i can save you a spot and i can send 500 if i want to but you guys have no idea how much work it is(thats why i keep it at 125 or so) and i have some cards at psa right now on a 45 day service and they were sent out in january and they wont be back for several more weeks so i dont see myself doing that anytime soon.
For anyone that doesn't know, take a 3,000 count 3-row box full of top loaders (this would equal around 500-700 cards). Now catalogue and organize shipping for each card. And write the BGS submission form for each card. And carefully package all the cards to ship to BGS and back to each member. However, you cannot charge for your time or labor.

Just wanted to point out how much work this is for anyone that hasn't done it, or that has no empathy.

Quote:
Nice, so the grades should be NLT the 19th?

Last edited by 66_Fiat; 02-27-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #166 (permalink)

Looking at some Harper base cards from 2012 topps update and also topps chrome. Some are graded BGS and some PSA..... Who do I send my cards to? psa or bgs?
In some instances the PSA cards are selling for more than the BGS and vice versa.

What should I do?

(we are talking 20-40 dollar cards here not 100+)

Also, I have about 20 cards ready for next submission
Old 02-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #167 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
Looking at some Harper base cards from 2012 topps update and also topps chrome. Some are graded BGS and some PSA..... Who do I send my cards to? psa or bgs?
In some instances the PSA cards are selling for more than the BGS and vice versa.

What should I do?

(we are talking 20-40 dollar cards here not 100+)

Also, I have about 20 cards ready for next submission
the reason the price varies is due to auctions. you can take the same card and sell it 10 times and it will range from 15-35 bucks. i personally send most of mine to bgs. the ONLY thing i send to psa is cards that the auto runs off on and inserts as i do a psa sub every now and then and do the 45 day sub so on cheap inserts(of my pc player) i can save some money
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #168 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

So is anyone ready for the 18th? thats when our cards ship from bgs back to me!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #169 (permalink)

Bonesaw is Ready! Are you accepting next month's batch yet?
wawazat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #170 (permalink)

Default I'd like to be pleasantly surprised...

Don't feel bad for me if my Jeter SP Rookie comes back with a note and not a slab. It's hit and miss on what employee looks at those. I've heard of pack pulled copies being sent back as trimmed or altered. The one I sent was turned back about 2 years ago. I'm hoping they've come to some compromise on how they were cut by the factory.

Fingers crossed,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #171 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
Don't feel bad for me if my Jeter SP Rookie comes back with a note and not a slab. It's hit and miss on what employee looks at those. I've heard of pack pulled copies being sent back as trimmed or altered. The one I sent was turned back about 2 years ago. I'm hoping they've come to some compromise on how they were cut by the factory.

Fingers crossed,
VinnyH
These graders are like everyone else they have good days(which i hope for) and bad days(i usually get) but it is what it is lol
Old 03-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
So is anyone ready for the 18th? thats when our cards ship from bgs back to me!!!!
<-- Waits patiently for his FIRST TIME submitting cards
Old 03-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post

Fingers crossed,
VinnyH
I opened 6 boxes of 96-97 EX 2000 Basketball in Chicago at the National a couple of years ago. I pulled a few Kobe RC's and one of them was really sharp. I took a couple of them to get graded right there on the spot and one of them came back evidence of trimming/altered.......of course it was the nice one. So, they aren't perfect and the amount of money that their decisions can make/cost is huge. Its just human judgement and if you are into grading you are going to miss badly sometimes. I've also had cards that I thought were 8.5's and 9's come back 9.5.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #174 (permalink)

I'm ready to see these grades.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #175 (permalink)

So the cards ship back to host on 18th but by when will the grades be visible online?