Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #276 (permalink)

That is a fabulous time wasting question. What is the #1 pick for this worth roughly?

I know that I was just in a 2011 break where the Number 1 is worth more than 15-Infinity combined, I bet those offers were absurd.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #277 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
WOW! That is EXACTLY what I do! to the T.
More depressing when you have so many picks ... you just have to accept your going to see yourself a ton on the way up the ladder.

But fun all the same!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #278 (permalink)

Next topic as I move to opening eBay mail.

Am I the only person who automatically assumes whoever I bought whatever from is a digusting hoarder?

I instantly pull the card out of however it is packaged, resleeve, top load and team bag it no matter what condition the existing protection was in.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #279 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post

Am I the only person who automatically assumes whoever I bought whatever from is a digusting hoarder?

I instantly pull the card out of however it is packaged, resleeve, top load and team bag it no matter what condition the existing protection was in.
Bingo.

Every card I receive worthy of protection, gets my protection. That includes anything you send Dave.

No offense ... but I sleep better at night knowing my cards have my penny sleeves, my top loaders and my properly sized team bags.

On that note / I wish to murder people that use tape to close their top loaders. And those that use impossible table to peel off, for which I need to either use a knife, or cut the top loader with a pair of Cutco scissors altogether ... torture than murder.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #280 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Bingo.

Every card I receive worthy of protection, gets my protection. That includes anything you send Dave.

No offense ... but I sleep better at night knowing my cards have my penny sleeves, my top loaders and my properly sized team bags.

On that note / I wish to murder people that use tape to close their top loaders. And those that use impossible table to peel off, for which I need to either use a knife, or cut the top loader with a pair of Cutco scissors altogether ... torture than murder.
I use impossible to cut off tape on top loaders at my LCS because some dirtbags were swapping out 25 cent refractors into $3 cases and stealing cards that were already under priced. No card in my home has tape of any kind on any part of it.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #281 (permalink)

Quote:

Haha, this is so true. I change out everything.
TxRangersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #282 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Bingo.

I don't care it doesn't bother me, I'll just start using the most yellowed, smoke smelling top loaders for you is all.

I always use tape on oversized cards, but I always leave a "pull tab." I could give 2 sh*ts less if the buyer hates tape. I know that by taping the top, the card is not going to slip out no matter what.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #283 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
I don't care it doesn't bother me, I'll just start using the most yellowed, smoke smelling top loaders for you is all.

I always use tape on oversized cards, but I always leave a "pull tab." I could give 2 sh*ts less if the buyer hates tape. I know that by taping the top, the card is not going to slip out no matter what.
I will say ... I save some of other peoples loaders and stuff (one touch always) and just reuse them to ship stuff out every so often. Kind of like the scrap box at my 5th grade art class.

As for the tape in my card collecting career ... just today I had a Zunino green Ink Elite auto delivered and the entire top loader was taped up. I mean ... I could have spent hours trying to un-tape this thing. Packing tape, scotch tape, masking tape even and I just couldn't get the crap off.

Normally I just grab the scissors and cut the top of the loader, but I couldn't find them ... so I grabbed a knife.

For the first time, I let the knife go too far in trying to make the inciscion on the tape and I dinged the top of the card. I was SO angry ... I got up from my office chair, went outside, grabbed a shovel and just started pounding on the ice/snow we have outside as much as possible.

Came back inside, and removed the Zunino Green Ink /10 Elite auto from my upcoming BGS submission.

I HATE TAPE
Old 02-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #284 (permalink)

Quote:
I will say ... I save some of other peoples loaders and stuff (one touch always) and just reuse them to ship stuff out every so often. Kind of like the scrap box at my 5th grade art class.

As for the tape in my card collecting career ... just today I had a Zunino green Ink Elite auto delivered and the entire top loader was taped up. I mean ... I could have spent hours trying to un-tape this thing. Packing tape, scotch tape, masking tape even and I just couldn't get the crap off.

Normally I just grab the scissors and cut the top of the loader, but I couldn't find them ... so I grabbed a knife.

For the first time, I let the knife go too far in trying to make the inciscion on the tape and I dinged the top of the card. I was SO angry ... I got up from my office chair, went outside, grabbed a shovel and just started pounding on the ice/snow we have outside as much as possible.

Came back inside, and removed the Zunino Green Ink /10 Elite auto from my upcoming BGS submission.

I HATE TAPE
oh no... that is always my worst fear. I do hate when a person tapes the whole top forcing you to use a sharp object to get the card out.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #285 (permalink)

This is fun...

Who keeps their worthless redeemed Topps cards because they are positive the minute they throw them out, the clowns at Topps will lose their entire database or something and you will miss out on a Simon Castro base auto from 2010 Bowman Chrome?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #286 (permalink)

Quote:
This is fun...

Who keeps their worthless redeemed Topps cards because they are positive the minute they throw them out, the clowns at Topps will lose their entire database or something and you will miss out on a Simon Castro base auto from 2010 Bowman Chrome?
Please ... no Topps redemptions chatter. It's depressing. I fear my used redemption cards are actually worth more than the cards I'm never getting.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #287 (permalink)

Quote:

I HATE TAPE
Hmmmm...trying to remember the extent of which I taped the Buxton's heading your
way..
knjenterprise09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #288 (permalink)

Quote:
This is fun...

LOL, topps, panini, UD, i keep them all. They are sitting right next to my stacks and stacks of decoys.
Bigeazy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #289 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knjenterprise09 View Post
Hmmmm...trying to remember the extent of which I taped the Buxton's heading your
way..
Ohhh no!

I'd tape your Rutledge Purple auto after it gets slabbed in retaliation ... but that would do me no good!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #290 (permalink)

Quote:
Please ... no Topps redemptions chatter. It's depressing. I fear my used redemption cards are actually worth more than the cards I'm never getting.
Understood, I will move on quickly.

Has anyone else ever wanted to actually fight Tom Millone for ruining countless perfectly good boxes of cards?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #291 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeazy78 View Post
LOL, topps, panini, UD, i keep them all. They are sitting right next to my stacks and stacks of decoys.
BCB1QSY3KK 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Auto Purple Refractor Will Middlebrooks Pending
BCBMN3SHBG 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Blue Refractor of Bryce Harper Pending
BCB1JJ6SS7 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Blue Refractor of Bryce Harper Pending
BCBYKDQ37R 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Blue Refractor of Bryce Harper Pending
BCBNLEHELB 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Blue Refractor of Trevor Bauer Pending
BCBAWWY7TX 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Blue Refractor of Trevor Bauer Pending
BCBG3PHB3E 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Blue Refractor of Trevor Bauer Pending
BCB2L9STGU 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Blue Refractor of Yu Darvish Pending
BCB3665F8U 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Blue Refractor Will Middlebrooks Pending
BCBEBT22CK 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Blue Refractor Will Middlebrooks Pending
BCB4MUZLD1 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Gold Refractor of Yu Darvish Pending
BCBX66YS61 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Bryce Harper Pending
BCBZ1DQFUJ 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Bryce Harper Pending
BCBJGJQ1W2 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Bryce Harper Pending
BCBU11BAHP 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Bryce Harper Pending
BCBUTYGY8R 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Trevor Bauer Pending
BCBSTWQC51 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Will Middlebrooks Pending
BCBY3P3KGQ 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Will Middlebrooks Pending
BCB32NUJWL 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Will Middlebrooks Pending
BCBBZGVKWU 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Will Middlebrooks Pending
BCBR8BX5TF 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Will Middlebrooks Pending
BCBR19SY2G 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Will Middlebrooks Pending
BCBSGP7XH2 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Yu Darvish Pending
BCBNJUR9QF 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Yu Darvish Pending
BCB6W4FC25 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph of Yu Darvish Pending
BCBV4G39MN 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Orange Refractor of Bryce Harper Pending
BCBMFCKABT 2012 Bowman Chrome Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Orange Refractor of Trevor Bauer Pending

And so on ...

And yet ... Middlebrooks and Bauer have been live since early December.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #292 (permalink)

Not sure it is wise to post your actual redeemed codes with all the shady scum bags on these boards. Topps is not bright enough to fend off a scam.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #293 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure it is wise to post your actual redeemed codes with all the shady scum bags on these boards. Topps is not bright enough to fend off a scam.
Same as selling a redeemed Card, which irritatingly sell! Topps is very aware these are mine ... don't you worry
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #294 (permalink)

Quote:
Ohhh no!

I'd tape your Rutledge Purple auto after it gets slabbed in retaliation ... but that would do me no good!
Haha.. no tape man!
knjenterprise09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #295 (permalink)

Are there any spots left. I would like 2 if available. Will pay tonight
bhuens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #296 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuens View Post
Sorry bud, we're all full here. Hanging out waiting for a random hat looks more and more like it's happening tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #297 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuens View Post
It is full, we are waiting for the random.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #298 (permalink)

New PhotoBucket is so annoying, I can no longer sort by name? Now it is also not allowing me to drag and drop inside the organize function. Soon there will be anarchy in my PC's.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #299 (permalink)

Quote:
New PhotoBucket is so annoying, I can no longer sort by name? Now it is also not allowing me to drag and drop inside the organize function. Soon there will be anarchy in my PC's.
I tried to get the Chapman collection in there ... but it's just not working for me. I sort by serial number on certain sets / and these guys just don't let you drag in order.

A shame. His first start is Feb 28th against Colorado / I'll run the same promotion I did for Cingrani. K's the side and free Chapman chrome autos!

Trying to get people to watch these two kids ...
Old 02-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #300 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Damn, I though I'd get on BO and have lots of PM's for my #1 pick I just hope to hit something nice, definitely can see a random by morning.
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote