Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #651 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ac View Post
Was there any High School All Stars inserts pulled? Am I getting any Correa cards at all for this break? I have never been shut out in a group break before so I have to ask. I thought it was BO rules that every slot has to be awarded at least 1 card out of any group break.
Please let me know where this is posted.... Id like to see
Old 02-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #652 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok. I just wondering. Thanks.
Sorry it didn't work out bro : / was hoping you hit a few redemptions.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #653 (permalink)
bpo

Don't really want to watch all 20 boxes being opened, anyone recall any Ross Stripling cards pulled?
bpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #654 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpo View Post
Don't really want to watch all 20 boxes being opened, anyone recall any Ross Stripling cards pulled?

Same here with tyrone Taylor. I know he is SP'd. Went with the tougher pull.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #655 (permalink)

Quote:
Pretty sure I heard his name called at least once, not sure what it was though.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #656 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Only a status die-cut /200 unfortunately
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #657 (permalink)

Once all this gets sorted, I'm gonna take all the slots that didn't get a hit and I will random any Plawecki and Slade Smith cards. Once that is done whoever is still shutout, if they would like something I will send them a base card of a randomly selected player in a pwe and soft sleeve.

Guys let's be real, this is a player draft, if you want a card I'll send you one, but if you would have hit 3 auto's of your player, would you have been willing to give the extra ones to the other slots that didn't get anything?
There are a number of players in this product that are short printed and you will only see them in every 2-5 cases, that is what research is for. I run fair breaks at fair prices and make sure I am available constantly to my participants, if anyone has an issue, feel free to PM me.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #658 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
Once all this gets sorted, I'm gonna take all the slots that didn't get a hit and I will random any Plawecki and Slade Smith cards. Once that is done whoever is still shutout, if they would like something I will send them a base card of a randomly selected player in a pwe and soft sleeve.

Guys let's be real, this is a player draft, if you want a card I'll send you one, but if you would have hit 3 auto's of your player, would you have been willing to give the extra ones to the other slots that didn't get anything?
There are a number of players in this product that are short printed and you will only see them in every 2-5 cases, that is what research is for. I run fair breaks at fair prices and make sure I am available constantly to my participants, if anyone has an issue, feel free to PM me.
We all know what were doing when we get involved in player based drafts. Win some ya lose some.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #659 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Please let me know where this is posted.... Id like to see
Guidelines

Under "General Rules and Guidelines" and 2nd line above "Stage 1" in the the paragraph. It says "- All slots in the break must be awarded a card. No slots may be shut out."

I have been in group breaks on BO for 2 and a half years, but never been shut out of any slot so I just had to be sure. I have no idea if the guideline above is ever enforced, but it does say it. I didn't make it up.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #660 (permalink)

Quote:
Overall it was a really solid case, but yeah, we missed on Correa, Dahl, Russell and Almora. Buxton hit big, Zunino had 2 auto's. Ruf was shut out on Auto's but had two big parallels. McCullers was the big hit Gold Auto /5, we had 1 auto /10 a handful out of 25 and /50. Very colorful case, much more so than the last one, just more spread out as far as big names in the previous case.
there were alot of short print autos like really a crazy amount of the shorties a couple of different friends busted mutiple cases and did not get some of the autos that we got
Old 02-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #661 (permalink)

even though i mostly got dc's put me down for three more spots in the next case or should we do two ???
Old 02-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #662 (permalink)

is it normal to get no elite series autos from a case?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #663 (permalink)

Was anyone aware of any Tyrone Taylor Autos being pulled?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #664 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedaniel84 View Post
I'm pretty sure Taylor was shut out. Sorry bro.
bulljh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #665 (permalink)

Quote:
Guidelines

Under "General Rules and Guidelines" and 2nd line above "Stage 1" in the the paragraph. It says "- All slots in the break must be awarded a card. No slots may be shut out."

I have been in group breaks on BO for 2 and a half years, but never been shut out of any slot so I just had to be sure. I have no idea if the guideline above is ever enforced, but it does say it. I didn't make it up.
I know you didn't make it up, most people just understand the risk, most people don't question it, if you want something let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkevinn View Post
is it normal to get no elite series autos from a case?
most cases have some, but this stuff is all over the place with allocation, I actually brought it up a couple times during the break that I was waiting for the elite series auto's, I think we got two last time and this time none. That's one of the reasons I grouped it with the inserts, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedaniel84 View Post
sent you a pm
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #666 (permalink)

Just courious when you say you will send something out if they want, of what that would be? Isn't every card in this case break spoken for in some slot taken in the draft? As far as the Correa spot, he didn't get shut out, he will receive the jersey card, not?

Chris

Quote:

If you're ripping and flipping EVERYTHING these days in the hopes of making money you're just pissing in the wind every 99 out of 100 cases. - BAMBAM
coltman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #667 (permalink)

i got shut out of 4 of 7 slots....the mccullers /5 makes up for it (2nd /5 auto i hit this week in a group break)...If you dont want to get shut out buy more slots or buy your own box.. Great job breaking tom.
lilkeithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #668 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkeithw View Post
i got shut out of 4 of 7 slots....the mccullers /5 makes up for it (2nd /5 auto i hit this week in a group break)...If you dont want to get shut out buy more slots or buy your own box.. Great job breaking tom.
Very well put, lilkeithw.

On the other hand, it would be kind of cool to receive a shipping credit towards a future break if you didn't have anything shipped in the previous break. Just a thought.
Chrominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #669 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltman18 View Post
Just courious when you say you will send something out if they want, of what that would be? Isn't every card in this case break spoken for in some slot taken in the draft? As far as the Correa spot, he didn't get shut out, he will receive the jersey card, not?

Chris
I'd have to send them personal cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrominator View Post
Very well put, lilkeithw.

On the other hand, it would be kind of cool to receive a shipping credit towards a future break if you didn't have anything shipped in the previous break. Just a thought.
I could give partial credits, please remember that I get charged by paypal for each of these transactiions, I would also have to keep track of every person that had a shutout slot and then track them in the next break and then take their totals and subtract the requested amounts. I guess I should start padding my numbers more to make all this work a little easier. I appreciate my participants and I try to run these pretty slim to make it affordable. I may have to change my tactics to match some of these other guys.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #670 (permalink)

Is there a recap of all of the auto's anywhere? I only was around for the last 5-6 boxes yesterday
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #671 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarauction View Post
Is there a recap of all of the auto's anywhere? I only was around for the last 5-6 boxes yesterday
There is a recap but it's not all the hits. When I get home from work this evening I will do a full recap of every auto, so people know exactly what they got, I'll also include every die cut.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #672 (permalink)

your breaks are always fair and you do a great job of hosting. I was not complaining about the elite autos not hitting heck you win some you lose some that is the way this goes. last break i had two spots got 7 good autos this time ended up with 17 spots and may have gotten 12 autos or so. it is not you fault either way it goes it is all a gamble. Any way great job again and thanks alot for your efforts. I will definatly be in any any future breaks you get going of this product or other products.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #673 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkevinn View Post
your breaks are always fair and you do a great job of hosting. I was not complaining about the elite autos not hitting heck you win some you lose some that is the way this goes. last break i had two spots got 7 good autos this time ended up with 17 spots and may have gotten 12 autos or so. it is not you fault either way it goes it is all a gamble. Any way great job again and thanks alot for your efforts. I will definatly be in any any future breaks you get going of this product or other products.
Thank you for the kind words.

Guys I didn't want this to turn into a negative situation. What I think we can do in the future (that is if we want to do a round 3) is reduce the slots to 195 players slots + 1 base slots. There will be no draftable slots for the USA auto's, or any of the additional auto or insert slots. This will leave us with a decent amount of extra cards, some with decent value (Elite Series Auto's, Buidling Block Auto's, 15u USA Auto Patches, etc.) Anyone not receiving a hit (#'d card or auto) would have the remaning cards randomed between them. If there are additional cards after that we would random those amongst everyone.

This would bring the slot price up a buck probably, but it would guarantee absolutely everyone would receive something. As a host, I absolutely HATE people getting shutout or spending good money on a high pick and getting barely anything. It has happened to me before and it's a crappy feeling, but there is always a certain amount of gamble with this hobby.

Thoughts?
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #674 (permalink)

When people join a player draft they should expect to sometimes not get a hit. I mean think about it, how many players were drafted compared to how many hits are in a case. Great break host
Parky755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #675 (permalink)

this was my first group break ever i thought the longest part of the whole process was the draft itself i think the next one should start @ 20 minutes per pick then like 10-15 minutes since there are so many slots it seemed to take forever to do the draft but i think the bust was pretty good

heck we had some bigger hits lots of the short print autos and i have never seen so much color

what guys have to remember is the franchise future autos are the better autos but they are not regular autos so therefore there if fewer of them bigger risk highest reward would i have been bummed if i had a top ten pick and got shutout probably as disappointed as i am when i don't win the powerball every week so all of the people that are upset because they got shutout grow up i'm sure if you go to vegas and you put your money in a slot machine they don't give you anything for losing