Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #676 (permalink)
Member
 
dbaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mechanicsburg, Pa
Posts: 3,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
Thank you for the kind words.

Guys I didn't want this to turn into a negative situation. What I think we can do in the future (that is if we want to do a round 3) is reduce the slots to 195 players slots + 1 base slots. There will be no draftable slots for the USA auto's, or any of the additional auto or insert slots. This will leave us with a decent amount of extra cards, some with decent value (Elite Series Auto's, Buidling Block Auto's, 15u USA Auto Patches, etc.) Anyone not receiving a hit (#'d card or auto) would have the remaning cards randomed between them. If there are additional cards after that we would random those amongst everyone.

This would bring the slot price up a buck probably, but it would guarantee absolutely everyone would receive something. As a host, I absolutely HATE people getting shutout or spending good money on a high pick and getting barely anything. It has happened to me before and it's a crappy feeling, but there is always a certain amount of gamble with this hobby.

Thoughts?
For what its worth, I had 2 slots in Round 1 and got totally shut out and I was the 1st one to post that you should run it again. I looked at it like I went to my LCS and bought a couple of loose packs and got all base....yeah I have something to show for it, but not really. This is all one big gamble.
__________________
SET CHASE: 2014 Topps Tribute Prime patches #d/24: 49/50
Bowman Chrome autos; Phillies GU/Auto; Mike Schmidt
http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/dbaks20/
SORRY I DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR DC
dbaks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #677 (permalink)
Member
 
knjenterprise09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CO
Posts: 1,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
Thank you for the kind words.

Guys I didn't want this to turn into a negative situation. What I think we can do in the future (that is if we want to do a round 3) is reduce the slots to 195 players slots + 1 base slots. There will be no draftable slots for the USA auto's, or any of the additional auto or insert slots. This will leave us with a decent amount of extra cards, some with decent value (Elite Series Auto's, Buidling Block Auto's, 15u USA Auto Patches, etc.) Anyone not receiving a hit (#'d card or auto) would have the remaning cards randomed between them. If there are additional cards after that we would random those amongst everyone.

This would bring the slot price up a buck probably, but it would guarantee absolutely everyone would receive something. As a host, I absolutely HATE people getting shutout or spending good money on a high pick and getting barely anything. It has happened to me before and it's a crappy feeling, but there is always a certain amount of gamble with this hobby.

Thoughts?
Negative. Leave it the way it is. Its the risk you take in a player draft. Everyone needs to check out the amount of autos in a case than look at all the possible autos. Not every slot will hit. I'm ready for round 3 Great job hosting. Also that draft went pretty fast I thought.
knjenterprise09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #678 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oldham County, Kentucky
Posts: 2,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knjenterprise09 View Post
Negative. Leave it the way it is. Its the risk you take in a player draft. Everyone needs to check out the amount of autos in a case than look at all the possible autos. Not every slot will hit. I'm ready for round 3 Great job hosting. Also that draft went pretty fast I thought.
+1, The way it is is fine. I have been shut out in multiple slots in both of these and I am ready for round 3. I lose more money on one spin of the roulette wheel at the casino. If people really want to complain about being shut out then they don't have to join.
__________________
FREE CAPTAINBOHICA!!!
upsbroker06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #679 (permalink)
Member
 
JShrader01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 818
Default

There is no reason that you should change your draft. Someone is salty because the bought a pick that was a bust. That is not a good enough reason to change everything around.
__________________
Diehard Redskins fan! Also collect the Nationals and Orioles.
JShrader01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #680 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
TOMBB25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 5,743
Default

Thank you for the feedback everyone, much appreciated.
__________________
Hi, my name is Tom.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #681 (permalink)
bpo
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 624
Default

I like both formats but I think I would prefer having the USA autos being randomned to the hitless. For a dollar more, I think everyone wins. With that being said, I don't mind being shutout and I can't wait for round 3!
bpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #682 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,456
Default

bring on round 3 in any format you want I am in
__________________
need 2007 Topps Ryan Zimmerman Moments and Milestones
wkevinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #683 (permalink)
Member
 
Parky755's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkevinn View Post
bring on round 3 in any format you want I am in
Agree I am in and this time for more spots
Parky755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #684 (permalink)
Member
 
grm94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 2,002
Send a message via Yahoo to grm94
Default

Leave your break exactly how it is and don't change a thing! Everyone knows the risk of a player draft, sometimes you win sometimes you lose! If you are afraid of maybe not getting anything then you shouldn't join the break in the 1st place! Thanks again for hosting Tom!!!
__________________
Los Angeles Kings Fan!!! Go Kings Go!
grm94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #685 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: McSherrystown, PA
Posts: 1,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsbroker06 View Post
+1, The way it is is fine. I have been shut out in multiple slots in both of these and I am ready for round 3. I lose more money on one spin of the roulette wheel at the casino. If people really want to complain about being shut out then they don't have to join.
my thoughts exactly i'm ready for round three i can't afford to buy boxes but at the price of three spots i feel i get a chance at something good and it was fun to watch the break live
__________________
Always willing to trade for Orioles, Ravens, Phillies, Eagles, Pirates, Steelers, Redskins, Nationals and current year Bowman Chrome colored and base Refractors
bbcardsrgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #686 (permalink)
Member
 
Headbando5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Midwest.
Posts: 1,342
Default

Did any Andrew Heaney come out by chance? Thanks for hosting!
__________________
COLLECTING AARON CURRY, RICHARD SHERMAN, DOUG BALDWIN, SEAHAWKS, and MARINERS!
Headbando5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:28 AM   #687 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
TOMBB25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 5,743
Default

Hey guys, I did a full recap of the auto's and parallels, saved on my blogtv page in case you want to see if you got any auto's in your slot. Thanks!
__________________
Hi, my name is Tom.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #688 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
nordy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
Hey guys, I did a full recap of the auto's and parallels, saved on my blogtv page in case you want to see if you got any auto's in your slot. Thanks!
have you shipped my cards yet i still havent received whats taking so long?????
__________________
nordy22 on breakers.tv
@nordy22 on twitter
nordy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #689 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
TOMBB25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 5,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy22 View Post
have you shipped my cards yet i still havent received whats taking so long?????
were you a part of this break? Let me check my records, I don't remember seeing your name
__________________
Hi, my name is Tom.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #690 (permalink)
bpo
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 624
Default

Will there be a round 3 and if so when can we expect it to be posted?
bpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #691 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
TOMBB25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 5,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpo View Post
Will there be a round 3 and if so when can we expect it to be posted?
I expect to do a round III, I am still getting everything together because of having the Magic break to sort at the same time, I'm hoping to pack a lot of stuff today, tomorrow and saturday and get some stuff in the mail. I'll try to get the break submitted in the next couple days but I want to follow BO rules with it and make sure I have this stuff goin out to you guys first before I start the next project.
__________________
Hi, my name is Tom.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #692 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
TOMBB25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 5,743
Default

Could I have a Mod please random this list 3 times:

Spot 1 receives Kevin Plawecki Redemption Auto
Spot 2 receives Slade Smith Blue Status Auto #'d 50/50

bookyyyyyy
Chrominator
dbaks
dirtydistance
fly606us
Headbando5
jryan711
hobbiewt
swatko4
wadedaniel84
__________________
Hi, my name is Tom.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #693 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
Could I have a Mod please random this list 3 times:

Spot 1 receives Kevin Plawecki Redemption Auto
Spot 2 receives Slade Smith Blue Status Auto #'d 50/50

bookyyyyyy
Chrominator
dbaks
dirtydistance
fly606us
Headbando5
jryan711
hobbiewt
swatko4
wadedaniel84

Just curious why these wouldn't be randomed off to any slot that missed? I am assuming I didn't hit on all 11 slots I was in but maybe I did.
__________________
Sorry, I Do Not Trade...
allstarauction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #694 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
TOMBB25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 5,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarauction View Post
Just curious why these wouldn't be randomed off to any slot that missed? I am assuming I didn't hit on all 11 slots I was in but maybe I did.
I'm trying to be fair and random these to the people that did the worst. There were quite a few people the hit on a good number of slots but went empty on a couple, or hit really big cards and then went empty on a slot. I really don't think it's fair to include everyone. I went over the list carefully before composing this list.
__________________
Hi, my name is Tom.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #695 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
I'm trying to be fair and random these to the people that did the worst. There were quite a few people the hit on a good number of slots but went empty on a couple, or hit really big cards and then went empty on a slot. I really don't think it's fair to include everyone. I went over the list carefully before composing this list.
I agree 199% with your decision because auto wise I got shut out but nice parallels. Great job on break and I think we all knew there was a chance we would not hit or get what we were wanting.
Snowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #696 (permalink)
Member
 
Chrominator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cincy
Posts: 187
Default

................
Chrominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #697 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,647
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

There were 10 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
  1. fly606us
  2. dbaks
  3. Chrominator
  4. jryan711
  5. bookyyyyyy
  6. hobbiewt
  7. swatko4
  8. Headbando5
  9. wadedaniel84
  10. dirtydistance
Timestamp: 2013-02-16 23:02:09 UTC
You have randomized this list 3 times.
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #698 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
TOMBB25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 5,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
There were 10 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
  1. fly606us
  2. dbaks
  3. Chrominator
  4. jryan711
  5. bookyyyyyy
  6. hobbiewt
  7. swatko4
  8. Headbando5
  9. wadedaniel84
  10. dirtydistance
Timestamp: 2013-02-16 23:02:09 UTC
You have randomized this list 3 times.
fly606us - Kevin Plawecki Redemption Auto
dbaks - Slade Smith Blue Status Auto #'d 50/50
__________________
Hi, my name is Tom.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #699 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
TOMBB25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 5,743
Default

I expect all cards to be in the mail on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday). Round 3 has been submitted with a couple minor adjustments. There will be no shutout slots in Round 3.

Thank you very much for everyone that has participated and all the feedback about the break. Let's keep rolling til' we hit a Black Status Auto!
__________________
Hi, my name is Tom.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #700 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Hixson tn.
Posts: 1,249
Default

fly606us - Kevin Plawecki Redemption Auto
yay, thanks
fly606us is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.