Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default The Big One-One Basketball Break!

***MOD UPDATE 5/6/13 *****

To all participants in this break: we've tried contacting the member and he has not replied. We recommend that everyone file a claim through Paypal to protect yourselves. Please post here if you receive any tracking and/or communication from the host.

UPDATES

5/2/13 - Cards will be shipped out tomorrow 100%.

Almost done packaging them. Sorry it's been another really long week. This is my first time on my computer since Sunday night and that was strictly for homework. Thank you for understanding or at least trying to understand. By the way congrats to everyone who got a hit. (esp Cavs and Warriors).

4/26/13 -

2nd set of Contender boxes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VtaR...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR38D...ature=youtu.be

2nd box of Threads - Contenders 2 Boxes #2 Basketball Box Break "The Big One-One" - YouTube

2nd box of Elite - Threads Boxes #2 Basketball Box Break "The Big One-One" - YouTube

Full break recap - Basketball Box Break "The Big One-One" Full Recap - YouTube

*Note* There is a lot of extra base from these extra boxes so I will add only the inserts/rookies/etc.

4/26/13 - GOING LIVE ON BLOG TV FOR THE FINAL 4! H-Box G-Breaks! on USTREAM: I host group baseball, football, and basketball card breaks!. Baseball

4/26/13 - Part 2 Info - The Big One-One Basketball Break! Part 2 Info Video - YouTube
Part 2 Recap - The Big One-One Basketball Break! Part 2 Recap - YouTube

4/25/13 - BlogTv is up! I will start at 9:30 Pacific time sharp! H-Box G-Breaks! on USTREAM: I host group baseball, football, and basketball card breaks!. Baseball

4/24/13 - UPS came today! Weird part is, they delivered two boxes. The 1st box is what appears to be the "lost" box. I don't know if BO usually re-uses boxes or not, but the 2nd box has a huge sticker on the side saying "2012-13 Prominence Football. 8 cards per pack. 15 boxes per case." Either we have an extra 4 boxes OR we have the original 4 boxes + Danny sending the wrong package for a replacement.

Either way, break is still Friday at 6pm Pacific time.

I will send Danny a message about this to just clarify.

4/22/13 - UPS Tracking says our last 4 boxes will come on Wednesday. I have a midterm on Thursday so I will be able to break most likely Friday (assuming UPS doesn't screw up again). All the hits so far have been sleeved and toploaded while the rest of the cards are in team bags. If everything goes according to plan, everything should be shipped out on Monday. By the way, I have the Bulls in this break and if anyone wants the bulls base cards let me know!

4/19/13 - Danny told me that he wasn't able to find the lost package so he has sent another package! Assuming that UPS doesn't lose it again, the estimated break date for this is most likely next Friday or next Saturday.

4/18/13 - Recap Video - 7/11 Boxes Recap - "The Big One-One" 12-13 Basketball Group Break - YouTube
(There was a bonus auto in a pack of Prestige)

4/18/13 - We are going LIVE right now!

4/18/13 - Room is up @ 7:00pm. Break will officially begin at 7:30pm Pacific Time
ustream username - egforevervlad

USTREAM: Sign-up to Create Your Show: Provide login information

(if link does not work, here is a link to my channel) - H-Box G-Breaks! on USTREAM: I host group baseball, football, and basketball card breaks!. Baseball

Let me know if you have trouble!

4/18/13 - Alrighty! By popular demand. We can do tonight then! I will get everything situated and get the room going at 7pm Pacific time. Btw, I emailed Danny. He said that he will sort things out with UPS. If worse comes to worst, he will send a replacement.

I have 7 out of the 11:

Ultimate
Prizm
Timeless Treasures
Totally Certified
Prestige
Absolute
Limited

4/18/13 - Hey all, school has been catching up on me these last few days with midterms right around the corner. I haven't been able to check BO. I'm not scamming you guys. Just because I haven't been on for a few days and UPS screwing us doesn't mean I'm a scammer. I just took a look at the UPS tracking. It says "lost package"..wtf???? I'm giving UPS a call after class today when I get home. Crossing my fingers on this. I apologize for the inconvenience of this break. I hope you guys understand that I am in no control of how UPS handles the packages. Neither I, nor my 7 other housemates have received anything from UPS yet. I even taped a sign outside my door saying "UPS please give packages to the leasing office if nobody if home" (yeah I actually did mess up on the sign and said if twice since I was in a rush to catch the bus, but they get the message LOL)

If anything, remember I still do have some of the boxes already. We are just waiting on the last of the boxes. If you guys want, I could break the ones we already have as we see what's up with the last of it. lmk what you guys think. They've just been sitting in my closet this whole time as we waited for the last of it. I'll post a video when I get home tonight after class. You guys can tell me what you want to do.

4/13/13 - SCUMBAG UPS. I just got home and was out all day yesterday. UPS DID NOT deliver the package. The tracking says "in transit." The last known update they input was that the shipping address has been fixed. I called UPS today again to see what happened and told the representative about the conversation I had last time I called. All they could say was wait and if nothing changes, call back on Monday and they will let the package center know. I am so sorry for this. I don't know what is going on with UPS -.- but I am trying my best! NEW estimated break date - Tuesday 4/16 or Thursday 4/18 depending on when UPS decides to come through...The UPS tracking number if you want to see for yourself. - 1Z82RW333973393111

4/11/13 - I called UPS today and they said that there was a note on the box, but nobody actually took care of the address change. The nice lady on the phone was able to get that fixed right away and UPS will be delivering it tomorrow! Break Date and Time are still the same! Saturday, 4/13 @ 6pm Pacific Time. 1 quick change. I have joined the social collective and made a Ustream since BlogTv no longer exists haha. My username is still the same - Egforevervlad

4/10/13 - UPS Tracking has been the same since Monday. The current status is "Shipper has requested a delivery address change."

4/8/13 - BO has responded to my email and will call UPS to fix the shipping address.

4/6/13 - I just called UPS to try to get the shipping address fixed and the UPS customer service representative confirmed that the apartment number was missing on the package. I guess it doesn't help that I also live in a complex with over 100 apartments LOL. They couldn't even leave a sticky on the door . Also, BO placed a restriction on the shipping address of the box so only they could change it . The package is currently in West Sacramento, CA, while I am in Davis, CA. I can't pick it up. We will have to wait for BO to add my apartment number on the address since I don't have the power to do so.

Break date is Saturday, 4/13, at 6 pm Pacific Time.

How are they going to forget to put my apartment number on the shipping address..and then restrict me from correcting that mistake by adding it on through UPS..
http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

4/5/13 - I'll try calling UPS tomorrow and see if they can still deliver it the same day. If they can come through, we can keep the original break date and go live tomorrow. Once I know, I will post another update.

4/5/13 - Break date has changed to next Saturday, 4/13. The package was supposed to be delivered today, but I did not receive it. I checked the UPS tracking and it says that they could not find the proper mailing address and that the apartment number was missing. I gave BO a good address so I don't know what went wrong. I emailed BO again telling them the same exact address as last time I had this corrected. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4/5/13 - Break date and time is 90% confirmed. Saturday, 4/6/13, at 6 pm Pacific Time. The order is being delivered today, but it requires a signature. I will be in class all day and the estimated delivery time is "by the end of the day." If I knew exactly when UPS would arrive, I would comeback for a brief moment to get the package, but unfortunately I don't. Hopefully one of my housemates will be home to sign for it. Another update will be posted tonight on how this goes.

4/3/13 - BO has corrected the shipping address!

4/2/13 - BO has shipped the boxes to the wrong address. I got a notification from UPS today saying that they are delivering the boxes to my home address by Friday, April 5th when I requested them to be delivered to my alternative address at school. I have messaged BO and hopefully they can correct this.

4/1/13 - Order has been placed. The break date is TBD once I receive the order. An estimated date is Saturday, 4/6 @ 6 pm Pacific Time. Date & time are subject to change.

3/30/13 - Pete Schweddy has replaced Elkyjnr. All spots have been filled and paid for. Teams have been randomized by moderator. Break date to be determined once I get the invoice from the administrator.

Participants + Teams (Alphabetical Order For Simplicity)

Alemeleles - Celtics
Alemeleles - Hornets
Baker3s - Mavericks
Baker3s - Spurs
Benz35 - Pistons (Traded from Jackal726)
Ckcardz - Nuggets
Cro_sensation - Knicks
Cro_sensation - Nets
Doobypenguin - Clippers
Egforevervlad - Bulls
EvanD - Thunder
GetBig14 - Cavaliers
GoClips! - Suns
Gohansmy - Raptors
Harris2033 - Wizards
Hester72598 - Rockets
Jackal726 - Kings
Jackal726 - Timberwolves (Traded from Benz35)
Mr_Yoshi_San - Lakers
Msrozen - Blazers
Pdxgtb - Bobcats
Pete Schweddy - Warriors
Rabie1 - Hawks
TWOLF Fan - Grizzlies (sold from rconde)
Rpetrovi - Bucks
Rpetrovi - Magic
Rpetrovi - 76ers
Rrljab - Pacers
Txmike - Heat
Wmposs - Jazz (Traded from Jackal726)

Rules For Trading Teams
- Host does allow teams to be traded.
- Trades can be made up until 30-minutes prior to the start of the break.
- You may comment on this thread if you want to put your team on the trading block.
- Host will update the top of this thread with the teams on the trading block up until 30 minutes prior to the start of the break.
- All trades are final.
- Both participants involved in a trade must message the host confirming that they have agreed to a trade.
Example messages to send host - John: "I have agreed to trade my Thunder for Joe's Heat." Joe: "I have agreed to trade my Heat for John's Thunder."

Kobe Packs (#1 being from the first Panini box opened)
1. Pdxgtb
2. Jackal726
3. Getbig14
4. Baker3s
5. Rpetrovi
6. Msrozen
7. Gohansmy
8. Txmike
9. Cro-sensation
10. EvanD - Thunder
11. TWOLF Fan - Grizzlies (sold from rconde)
12. Benz35 - Pistons (Traded from Jackal726)
13. Alemeleles - Celtics

3/26/13 - Break is now "Active." Please send payments to my PayPal account - edchan475@yahoo.com

3/26/13 - Signature Series is most likely not going to be restocked. It will be replaced in this break with another box of 2012/13 Contenders.

3/25/13 - Signature Series is currently out of stock. I asked the Admin if and when they'll be restocking. If it isn't going to be restocked anytime soon, an alternative I would suggest is to replace it with another box of 12/13 Contenders that also has 5 Hits and is almost the same price. If you disagree with this alternative, please let me know! No response is equivalent to being okay with the switch (if it occurs). Admin will move this thread to "Active" once we work out the box of Signature Series.

3/24/13 - All 30 spots in the break are filled. We are ready to proceed to stage 2! Backup spots are still available until this thread is moved to stage 2.

Hello,

I was thinking about hosting a large variety of basketball products.
It contains almost every 2012/2013 basketball product! (11 Boxes total)

40 Hits + #ed + 2 Prizms + Base

Who's interested?!

Product Breakdown (1 box each)
Absolute Memorabilia
Contenders
Elite
Limited
Prestige
Prizm
Signature Series (Out of stock. Replaced with an additional Contenders)
Threads
Timeless Treasures
Totally Certified
Ultimate

Rules & General Info. Summary
- Standard, typical rules.
- All 30 NBA teams are randomized.
- The moderator will use random.org and randomize a list of the teams and participants 3 times each and match up the two lists.
- Get every card (including base) from your team. (exception to Kobe packs)
- Since Kobe Packs are guaranteed, each pack will be randomized to go to a participant instead of the Lakers automatically.
- Moderator will randomize the list of participants 3 times. The 9 names at the top of the list will get a Kobe pack. #1 to the 1st Panini product & so on.
- Boxes will be opened in order of most packs & cheapest to least packs and priciest.
- If, for whatever reason, no NBA team is stated on the card, it goes to the team that the player is currently on.
- Teams are based on what the card states and not the jersey the player is wearing.
- Multi-player cards are randomized (unless one person owns a majority of teams on the card).
- I typically ship cards out within 3-5 days after the break is conducted.
- International collectors welcomed, but shipping may or may not cost extra depending on the postage.
- Shipping insurance is solely up to the participant, but suggested for cards valued at $100 or more.
- Please subscribe to this thread.
- Updates will be posted on this thread in the comment section and at the top of this primary post.

*Note* - I have a spot in this break and paying my fair share of the pie! If I get a hit and it's a player that I don't really collect, I will give it away and randomize it amongst those who are hitless!

When
Date: TBD, aim for within a week after spots are all filled and payed for
Time: Live @ 6pm Pacific Time (The room is usually open 30 minutes prior to the start of break.) Time is subject to change.

Where
Live on ustream.tv - Username: egforevervlad
Recorded and posted on YouTube - Username: egforevervlad

Cost Breakdown
$1,038.60/30 teams = $34.62
$33.86 + $3.50 (shipping and supplies) = $38.12
$38.12 + $1.41 (Paypal fees) = $39.53

$39.53 per team.
$38.00 per additional team.

Paid Participants
1. Pdxgtb
2. Rconde
3. Rabie1
4. Doobypenguin
5. GoClips!
6. Rpetrovi
7. Msrozen
8. Egforevervlad
9. Txmike
10. Jackal726
11. Jackal726
12. Gohansmy
13. Cro_sensation
14. GetBig14
15. Wmposs
16. Benz35
17. Baker3s
18. Baker3s
19. Mr_Yoshi_San
20. Cro_sensation
21. Hester72598
22. Rpetrovi
23. EvanD
24. Alemeleles
25. Pete Schweddy
26. Ckcardz
27. Alemeleles
28. Rrljab
29. Rpetrovi
30. Harris2033

Last edited by egforevervlad; 05-02-2013 at 05:00 PM.
egforevervlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

This Group Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are posted for review; please do your own due diligence. The host has provided verification for the age requirement. If you are comfortable with the host, format and pricing, you may join the break and reserve your slot(s) by posting in this thread. Please note that once you reserve your slot(s), you commit to pay for your reserved slot(s).

My math had 1038.63 for the boxes. Possible I had a typo but check current pricing. Using my total I had 39.54 a slot.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm in for a spot.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

ill try a slot
Old 03-20-2013, 03:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

i am in. one spot please.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

1 spot thanks!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ok, I'll take one spot
GoClips! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

I will take a spot too thanks!
Rpetrovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

I'll take a spot.

My Bucket: http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/getbig14/
GetBig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
This Group Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are posted for review; please do your own due diligence. The host has provided verification for the age requirement. If you are comfortable with the host, format and pricing, you may join the break and reserve your slot(s) by posting in this thread. Please note that once you reserve your slot(s), you commit to pay for your reserved slot(s).

My math had 1038.63 for the boxes. Possible I had a typo but check current pricing. Using my total I had 39.54 a slot.

Oh, pricing varies. When I made this post originally, those were the numbers. Thanks for the edit! My bad guys! Still new to hosting on Blowout. I usually do this on my own website.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

1 spot please
txmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Spot #21 for me
Old 03-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

1/3 the way there. Thanks fellas!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm in for 2 slots
Old 03-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'll take 1 random spot, thanks
Gohansmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

17 spots left!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm in for one spot, #23.

Wow! What a luck!
EvanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

Glad you decided to join in!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

in for 1 spot
Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

I'm from Germany, but I do have a shipping address in the US too

13 & 20 for me

Tomi
cro_sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrozen View Post
in for 1 spot
Got you down!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by egforevervlad View Post
Got you down!
You got it as long as I can ship to your U.S. address!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #23 (permalink)

Spot 22 too for me thanks
Rpetrovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #24 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpetrovi View Post
Spot 22 too for me thanks
Alrighty! You got it!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

I'll take a random please
wmposs is offline   Reply With Quote