Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
capamerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,045
Default

I have never done a hit draft. Just to be sure, the names are randomized? Meaning if I sign up for say a certain slot number doesn't mean I will get stuck with that number and I have a chance of picking first? Am I understanding that correctly.
__________________
Looking for Will Clark, Thurman Munson, Benchwarmers, Celebs and currently buying Kenjon Barner!
capamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #127 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capamerica View Post
I have never done a hit draft. Just to be sure, the names are randomized? Meaning if I sign up for say a certain slot number doesn't mean I will get stuck with that number and I have a chance of picking first? Am I understanding that correctly.

hey capamerica!
If you're referring to a normal hit draft, then it is you sign up for a number on the list. A mod does a random, and the order of that random is the draft order. Meaning if you signed up for spot 15, and after the random ended up at spot 1, then you would be the first to pick and you could pick any card you wanted out of the cards pulled.

If you're referring to a random hit draft, then usually what happens is once the mods perform the random, you are card #x. So if you bought spot 15 and after the random you end up at spot #5, then the 5th card pulled in the break is your card.
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #128 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
doobypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 7,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
hey capamerica!
If you're referring to a normal hit draft, then it is you sign up for a number on the list. A mod does a random, and the order of that random is the draft order. Meaning if you signed up for spot 15, and after the random ended up at spot 1, then you would be the first to pick and you could pick any card you wanted out of the cards pulled.

If you're referring to a random hit draft, then usually what happens is once the mods perform the random, you are card #x. So if you bought spot 15 and after the random you end up at spot #5, then the 5th card pulled in the break is your card.
Exactly! Thanks for clarifying Jeffy!
__________________
Collecting Chicago Bulls/Chicago Bears/Tennis! Cassandra Lynn (Bless Her Soul)/Angela Fong Supercollector!
doobypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #129 (permalink)
Member
 
capamerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
hey capamerica!
If you're referring to a normal hit draft, then it is you sign up for a number on the list. A mod does a random, and the order of that random is the draft order. Meaning if you signed up for spot 15, and after the random ended up at spot 1, then you would be the first to pick and you could pick any card you wanted out of the cards pulled.

If you're referring to a random hit draft, then usually what happens is once the mods perform the random, you are card #x. So if you bought spot 15 and after the random you end up at spot #5, then the 5th card pulled in the break is your card.
Ok, I understand. I will take 2 spots in the 3rd "Hit Draft" case.
__________________
Looking for Will Clark, Thurman Munson, Benchwarmers, Celebs and currently buying Kenjon Barner!
capamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #130 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
doobypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 7,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capamerica View Post
Ok, I understand. I will take 2 spots in the 3rd "Hit Draft" case.
Glad to have you aboard! 8 slots left in case 3... 14 slots left in case 1... or 2 boxes for me
__________________
Collecting Chicago Bulls/Chicago Bears/Tennis! Cassandra Lynn (Bless Her Soul)/Angela Fong Supercollector!
doobypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
AlBacon1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Belleville, Michigan
Posts: 249
Default

I know the release date is tentative but what is your cut off date if you decide to just keep two boxes for yourself versus filling all the spots for the case? I might be interested in another spot in case #1 but I don't want to over extend myself. Just wondering what kind of time frame there is.
AlBacon1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #132 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
doobypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 7,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBacon1974 View Post
I know the release date is tentative but what is your cut off date if you decide to just keep two boxes for yourself versus filling all the spots for the case? I might be interested in another spot in case #1 but I don't want to over extend myself. Just wondering what kind of time frame there is.
go ahead and get spots I wont take boxes until like 5 days before and I have to pay for the cases cause we have to go to active
__________________
Collecting Chicago Bulls/Chicago Bears/Tennis! Cassandra Lynn (Bless Her Soul)/Angela Fong Supercollector!
doobypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #133 (permalink)
Member
 
AlBacon1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Belleville, Michigan
Posts: 249
Default

Ok, thanks. I will let you know if I'm able to get a few more spots or not.
AlBacon1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
THE_BEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 2,037
Default

I think to be fair to everyone in the breaks, we need to fill all slots before we go active. Even if that means that we do the break after the product had been released. No offense doob, but I think buying boxes from the break seems kinda wrong. That's just my feelings on the subject.

Anyone else want to give their thoughts on this?
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #135 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
doobypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 7,932
Default

Or we can buy individual boxes and not have a full case...hopefully we can just fill the case and we wont have to worry about it! Let's fill this!
__________________
Collecting Chicago Bulls/Chicago Bears/Tennis! Cassandra Lynn (Bless Her Soul)/Angela Fong Supercollector!

Last edited by doobypenguin; 07-27-2013 at 09:25 PM.
doobypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #136 (permalink)
Member
 
THE_BEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 2,037
Default

Well I signed up for 20 spots in a CASE draft, not an individual boxes draft. So if that's the way things are going to turn out, then im pulling out. Hopefully it doesn't go that way.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #137 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
doobypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 7,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Well I signed up for 20 spots in a CASE draft, not an individual boxes draft. So if that's the way things are going to turn out, then im pulling out. Hopefully it doesn't go that way.
Haha everyone needs to relax I'm sure it'll fill! Spread the word! I will try my best to grab as many of the leftovers in the random draft as I can. People need to help me out on the hit draft! Pictures look pretty amazing!
__________________
Collecting Chicago Bulls/Chicago Bears/Tennis! Cassandra Lynn (Bless Her Soul)/Angela Fong Supercollector!

Last edited by doobypenguin; 07-27-2013 at 11:05 PM.
doobypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #138 (permalink)
Member
 
AlBacon1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Belleville, Michigan
Posts: 249
Default

Put me down for two spots in Case #3. That's the best I can do for now at this time. Thanks.

Last edited by AlBacon1974; 07-27-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Changed mind on what case I wanted.
AlBacon1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Well I signed up for 20 spots in a CASE draft, not an individual boxes draft. So if that's the way things are going to turn out, then im pulling out. Hopefully it doesn't go that way.
The product isn't out until mid August so we still have plenty of time

I'm hoping my stocks go up early August on some hopefully good Q2 news !
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #140 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
doobypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 7,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBacon1974 View Post
Put me down for two spots in Case #3. That's the best I can do for now at this time. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
The product isn't out until mid August so we still have plenty of time

I'm hoping my stocks go up early August on some hopefully good Q2 news !
Haah hoping they go up too!
I just took 5 more slots in the 1st case!
Case 1 - 9 slots left!
Case 2 - filled!
Case 3 - 6 slots left!
__________________
Collecting Chicago Bulls/Chicago Bears/Tennis! Cassandra Lynn (Bless Her Soul)/Angela Fong Supercollector!
doobypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #141 (permalink)
Member
 
jeeptrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Temperance, MI
Posts: 2,070
Default

add 72, 79, 81 for me in the "hit" draft please
__________________
I COLLECT PACKERS, KALINE, CHIPPER JONES, & MARY RILEY

BUCKET:
http://s228.beta.photobucket.com/user/casket_photos/library/
jeeptrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:15 AM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
THE_BEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 2,037
Default

According to blowout, the new release date is Fri, Aug 30 2013
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:24 AM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
THE_BEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 2,037
Default

...........................

Last edited by THE_BEAST; 07-28-2013 at 05:59 PM.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:50 AM   #144 (permalink)
Member
 
THE_BEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 2,037
Default

........................

Last edited by THE_BEAST; 07-28-2013 at 05:59 PM.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #145 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
According to blowout, the new release date is Fri, Aug 30 2013
Delayed again T_____T?
BW WHYYYYYYYY
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #146 (permalink)
Member
 
spookowl1004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,786
Default

The delay puts me back in, I'll take the remaining 9 spots in the random break. Thanks.
__________________
PC: Chris Bosh, Matt Schaub, Gail Kim, Brandy Grace, Evelyn Ng, UD Goodwin Entomology Cards, Candace Kita Supercollector (60 True 1/1's & 10 plates)!!
spookowl1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #147 (permalink)
Member
 
Mystafet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 1,594
Default

Well, that fills everything.. Can I have back-up slots in each break as well? Didn't expect it to fill so early, so...
__________________
Meow!
Mystafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
THE_BEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 2,037
Default

These are still available:

case #1
1 random slot

case #3
82, 90, 94

And hellojeffy freeded up 1 random slot in case #3




So we still have 5 slots total to fill

Last edited by THE_BEAST; 07-28-2013 at 06:09 PM.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #149 (permalink)
Member
 
spookowl1004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,786
Default

I'll take a backup spot in the boobie draft depending on if there are more ladies to draft from.
spookowl1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #150 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
doobypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 7,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystafet View Post
Well, that fills everything.. Can I have back-up slots in each break as well? Didn't expect it to fill so early, so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
These are still available:

case #1
1 random slot

case #3
82, 90, 94

And hellojeffy freeded up 1 random slot in case #3




So we still have 5 slots total to fill
Did hellojeffy free up a slot in case #3? I must've missed that....
I thought he was referring to getting an additional spot if his stocks didn't go up lol
Mystafet.. I gave you the last 4 slots since you wanted a backup.. if that's something you don't want let me know.. i'm also going to revisit 1 or 2 people who were considering pulling out of the break unless the product was pushed back, which it has and ask them if they still want their spots... Everything should be updated.
__________________
Collecting Chicago Bulls/Chicago Bears/Tennis! Cassandra Lynn (Bless Her Soul)/Angela Fong Supercollector!
doobypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.