Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
Wait, I see what you are saying, or maybe you weren't but I'll address it.

Some Rookies do not have base cards but have red hot/white hot inserts. I can handle these two ways. Instead of having separate draft slots I think we could random all these to empty slots or we can assign the red hots to the RC Auto spot and the White Hots to the RAP slots? But then we also have 5 players in the "In-Flight Selections" Insert set that do not have base cards either.

I think the best thing to do is to random any un-accounted for inserts/cards to the empty slots. This brings more value to slots overall.
This is cool, even thou you are stuck in the last 10 spots and may not get any cards worth more than $2.00's , but you still have a chance to get a card that may fall into the top 10 selection category.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Okay, I scoured the checklist including inserts and this is how it will go to make sure we have enough to fill all spots. We will actually have extras.

(150) slots for the base set, includes parallels and all inserts of these players (red hot, white hot, hall selections, auto's that are not included in the Rookie Auto's or Rookie Jersey sets)
(85) Rookie Auto's (not jersey auto's), includes parallels. 14 players in this set do not have a Rookie Jersey.
(74) Rookie Jersey Auto's, includes parallels.
(26) Players that ONLY have inserts and no base cards or included in any of the above sets.
(5) Players that are only in the "Select Stars" Set and Subsets (Auto's included)

So there will be 16 slots not drafted. We will not snake back but any cards pulled of those players will be randomed among ALL spots that did not receive a card.
From what was said in th OP .. i was thinking i was getting all cards - be it - jersey , auto , insert , or base .. all of the cards from the player i selected in the draft .. this breakup of slots is not what i read from the op , when joining this break

Looking for 2010 Playoff Contenders Kevin Durant die-cut black /49
skillovermyluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #153 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillovermyluck View Post
From what was said in th OP .. i was thinking i was getting all cards - be it - jersey , auto , insert , or base .. all of the cards from the player i selected in the draft .. this breakup of slots is not what i read from the op , when joining this break
removed see following posts

Last edited by TOMBB25; 05-12-2013 at 07:27 PM.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #154 (permalink)

So, once again... You will not be receiving ALL cards of the player u draft? If this is the case, please allow backups to take my spots. Apologies to all.
wfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #155 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
The "325 Card Base Set" which is stated by Blowout and on the released product Info includes:

150 Base Cards #'s 1-150
85 Rookie Auto's #'s 151-235
75 Rookie Patch Auto's #'s 236-310
= 310 Cards

That does not include any of the insert sets. So actually the way I am breaking it down adds more value. Any player that is in the base card set 1-150 that has an insert will receive those inserted players.

We can make all other inserts/slot draftable until we reach 324. Any card that is not drafted after that time will be randomed among the hitless spots, so we can avoid as many shutouts as possible.
So to clarify, I have draft Anthony Davis and you pull some base cards, a gold parallel a base auto and a patch auto I'd get all of that with my 1 spot?
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
The "325 Card Base Set" which is stated by Blowout and on the released product Info includes:

150 Base Cards #'s 1-150
85 Rookie Auto's #'s 151-235
75 Rookie Patch Auto's #'s 236-310
= 310 Cards

That does not include any of the insert sets. So actually the way I am breaking it down adds more value. Any player that is in the base card set 1-150 that has an insert will receive those inserted players.

We can make all other inserts/slot draftable until we reach 324. Any card that is not drafted after that time will be randomed among the hitless spots, so we can avoid as many shutouts as possible.
but from the first paragraph that you have on the OP .. that is not what you have said.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
So to clarify, I have draft Anthony Davis and you pull some base cards, a gold parallel a base auto and a patch auto I'd get all of that with my 1 spot?
Anthony Davis exists in multiple places, he has An Auto RC #'d /149 and he has a Rookie Jersey Auto #'d /99

According to the set, these are part of the "325 Card Base Set" so they are two different cards and draftable spots. The 325 Card set includes around 200-225 unique players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillovermyluck View Post
but from the first paragraph that you have on the OP .. that is not what you have said.
I understand that. Unfortunately the way the base set is formed by Panini, the same player can be in the base set 3 different times. The pricing is based on the stated 325 cards, unfortunately if it were re-done the price would probably be more in the $12-$13 per slot range.

If you would like to not participate feel free to back out.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #158 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Well here seems to be the problem-

Say you draft Damian Lillard. He has his "common" card in the checklist, and one insert in "White Hot" and one in "Hot Rookies."

If you go by the first line of the OP, you would think that if you draft Damian Lillard, you get all of his commons (and associated prizms), all of his White Hots (and associated prizms) and all of his Hot Rookies (and associated prizms).

So if I were the guy who drafted Lillard, I'd assume they're all mine.

But if you get to pick #311 (the first spot that doesn't have a number on the official checklist) then somebody says "I want the Lillard White Hots," what happens?

Furthermore, what happens if you draft Anthony Davis? He has inserts, a patch auto, and a regular auto?

By the first line of the OP, you would think you get them all. But his regular auto number is #152 and his jersey/auto number is #270.

Essentially what you're going to have to do is divide everything up into 310 "slots" (to represent the 310 cards) and figure out what to do with all the inserts.

The guy who drafts Anthony Davis shouldn't have to watch an expensive prizm version of White Hot get randomed to people who didn't get a card, given the explanation in the OP.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #159 (permalink)

I think this needs to be a "if you draft this player, you get everything of his" type break to avoid confusion and issues.

-Brandon

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) I am the proud 3 time recipient of Blowout's Jester of the Year Award (Funniest Member of the Year) - 2011, 2012, 2013
brandonlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #160 (permalink)

Alright let's take a quick time out. I think we can come to an agreement how this should be done, people are also willing to pack up and not participate if they choose.

I have approximately 235 players between #'s 1-235 which includes the base set of cards + the rc auto's.

Outside of that there are only 36 unique players in the whole checklist including all the inserts. Those 36 players are not listed in the first 235 cards. So this brings me to the point of 271 players in the product.

So this isn't enough.

This is 100% my fault and I am sorry but I think we can figure out a compromise.

If we take those 235 players between 1-235 those would include all of the base set, plus the rookie auto's and rookie jersey auto's, we make them 235 slots.

We then break up the Inserts into their own slots.

25 Slots - All-Star Selections Inserts and Parallels /25
25 Slots - Hall Selections Inserts and Parallels /25
25 Slots - In Flight Selections and Parallels /25
25 Slots - Slect Stars and Parallels and Auto's

All Red Hot Rookies and Hot Stars and Parallels including Gold and Black Parallels will go to the assigned players between 1-235.

This means if you select these players this is what you will get.

Damian Lillard
Base Card #150 + all parallels
Hot Rookies #3 + all Parallels including White Hot, Prizm, White Hot Prizm, Green Prizm, Gold Prizm and Black Prizm

Anthony Davis
Rookie Autograph #152 + Any Parallel
Rookie Jersey Autograph #270 + Any Parallel
Hot Rookies #1 + all Parallels including White Hot, Prizm, White Hot Prizm, Green Prizm, Gold Prizm and Black Prizm

Kobe Bryant
Base Card #54 + Any Parallel
Hot Stars #1 + All Prizm, White Hot, White Hot Prizm + any other parallels (gold, red, green, black, blue, purple, pink, orange, whatever)
What you won't get: All-Star Selections #4 and Parallels, Select Stars #2 + Auto and Parallels (These will be separate draftable slots)

Last edited by TOMBB25; 05-12-2013 at 07:03 PM.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #161 (permalink)

I think it should be 271 players. You draft a player and get all his cards.
The players with only an insert and /25 insert parallel in the whole product will naturally fall to the bottom.

Some people will leave the break because of your lack of organization (no offense), but I think we will be left with enough spots to run the 271 draftable spots/players.

-Brandon

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) I am the proud 3 time recipient of Blowout's Jester of the Year Award (Funniest Member of the Year) - 2011, 2012, 2013
Old 05-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #162 (permalink)

Once you start talking about splitting a player's cards up, it sounds extremely unappealing.

The last thing I want to worry about if I have the Kobe Bryany spot is if I'm gonna land the auto of his, or just be stuck with the base cards. Just let a person have everything of their player. A $12-14 slot price is not a big deal.

-Brandon

Old 05-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
The players with only an insert and /25 insert parallel in the whole product will naturally fall to the bottom.

Some people will leave the break because of your lack of organization (no offense), but I think we will be left with enough spots to run the 271 draftable spots/players.

-Brandon
I don't believe that would necessarily be a better option.
1. This would delay the break going active, increasing the cost of the case anywhere from $200-$400.
2. With the decreased # of slots and increased slot price, we would see a first slot anywhere from $9.50 - $11.00.
3. With the format that I posted above we can keep everything exactly how it is for slot price and format and the only thing that changes is we take 4 of the inserts sets and make them separate draftable slots. This retains the perceived value of the majority of the players that people had going into the break. Which included many of the "Hot" Insert sets, as they would stay with the players listed 1-235.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post

-Brandon
I will be in either way but the above is what I was expecting. It would mean a slightly higher slot price but I would be ok with that. The sale would offset some of it
pjray55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjray55 View Post
I will be in either way but the above is what I was expecting. It would mean a slightly higher slot price but I would be ok with that. The sale would offset some of it
I am pretty sure the sale won't be here after today and therefore we will have to deal with an updated case price.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #166 (permalink)

So we can go with a couple options for this.

Option 1
316 total slots - I would drop 8 of my slots and eat the price.

235 Slots
Base Set (150 Players) #'s 1-150 (150 slots) Includes Prizm, Prizm Gold, Prizm Black Parallels, Hot Inserts and all parallels
Rookie Autographs & Rookie Jersey Autographs (85 Players) #'s 151-235 (85 slots) Includes Prizm, Prizm Gold, Prizm Black Parallels as well as all Hot Inserts and all parallels.

81 Slots for Insert Sets (no auto's in these sets)
(25) - All Star Selections + Parallels
(25) - Hall Selections + Parallels
(25) - In-Flight Selections + Parallels
(6) - Select Stars (6 players were not in the 1-235, all other players from select stars will go to their respective owner)

This would mean that no one that selected one of the players from the base set (Kobe, Durant, Griffin, etc. would miss out on an auto

Option 2
-Cut the draft to 271 total spots which is the exact number of players in the set.
- Change the slot price accordingly, somewhere between a $1-$1.50 per slot increas is my guess.
- We would also be taking a chance at this not getting off the ground, but if this is what the majority wants then it's what we will do.

This is my fault there is no mistaking that, I am very apologetic to this. I am trying to handle this the best way I can, the break has been opened for almost a month and no one has said anything, so I'm just trying to keep this alive guys.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #167 (permalink)
Banned

I vote option 2.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #168 (permalink)

I prefer option 2. I will pp the difference since I already paid. I also think a draftable list should be posted to the op. just my opinion.
JFray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #169 (permalink)

Like i said I am in regardless.

If it means getting the break done sooner put me down for option 1 as I would just like to get this going; should be fun.
pjray55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #170 (permalink)

I'll go with option 2!
Yaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #171 (permalink)

i vote option 2 as well, perhaps blowout will be understanding if we communicate the mixup to them in case price can not be locked in, either way I rather option 2.
mrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #172 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

I like either option over splitting hits per player. Whenever a decision is made and price is set I'll send payment over.

I'll keep checking back to see what's going on.

Thanks,
SCB
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #173 (permalink)

I'm going to lean towards option 2, but I'm good either way.
Doublexthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #174 (permalink)

If we can keep the price locked we will sit at:

$9.70 1st slot
$7.65 each additional

This is at 271 total slots and price locked at $1595

I would of course drop out of the break completely to free up 15 slots. I'm sure a few people will want to back out either way. I just need to make sure there is enough people okay with the change to keep the break full.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #175 (permalink)

option 2 ---- i think it is 20% our own fault for not realizing this earlier .. but the way it was before , it meant i would have to buy 3 slots and hope to be able to draft my player in each slot ..