Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 AM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
I thought it had already been decided on page 3 or 4 that it would be a team break and the teams would remain the same
it does but someone had made a comment about an idea to make it a hit break; but was fine either way. I just wanted to restated it should stay as a team break. Just hope we at least make it to the final 4 and have to make a choice of what to break.we have a couple good seeds.maybe we get real lucky and get 2 in the final 4..
nineout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #177 (permalink)

I think it should stay as a team break and maybe I can actually do better with the Vikings, Vikings and Broncos at least got me something!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #178 (permalink)

If we do win a case, it will be a team break and teams will remain the same. Out of the three football cases, I think philadelphia is the best with the most boxes.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #179 (permalink)

sounds good...did you do the randoms yet on the joiner/manning dual jersey
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapi3434 View Post
If we do win a case, it will be a team break and teams will remain the same. Out of the three football cases, I think philadelphia is the best with the most boxes.
most boxes IMO isn't always best. I like the 08 Select because you get 3 auto's per box,a lot of rookies,Inserts and parallels.That gives more teams a chance at some cards.09 Phila has 1 auto and 2 jerseys;would rather get auto's.Plus Phila has alot of insert cards that have nothing to do with football.Select provides a good selection of rookies for a lot of teams. Teams like the Ravens,Titans,Atlanta,Cowboys,Redskins,Panthers get better and teams like Steelers,Broncos,Bears stay good. I just hope we have to make that choice.Maybe we get lucky and get both..

also thanks again for the break.didn't get anything but we got good seeds for the tournament.

Last edited by nineout; 03-13-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:12 AM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, so we know we are keeping the same teams. Thank you for clarifying.

(Assuming we win) Can we vote on the football case we want?

Pfft, why do we even care? We know we are winning the exquisite case
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Ok, so we know we are keeping the same teams. Thank you for clarifying.

(Assuming we win) Can we vote on the football case we want?

Pfft, why do we even care? We know we are winning the exquisite case
Like your attitude ghost. we win the Exquisite and then have 1 of the other cases as a kicker.. I think bigpapi had stated somewhere in the thread that we would vote on which case to get. I think there's 20 of us in this;I would say 1 vote per person;not per slot.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #183 (permalink)

i would think 1 vote per slot...and this coming from me who has only 1 slot...the people who spent more to help fill the break should have more votes
Old 03-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineout View Post
Like your attitude ghost. we win the Exquisite and then have 1 of the other cases as a kicker.. I think bigpapi had stated somewhere in the thread that we would vote on which case to get. I think there's 20 of us in this;I would say 1 vote per person;not per slot.
Again, I am not host, but I think 1 vote per slot. Lindy helped to get this filled, so he would have majority say.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #185 (permalink)

it would be one vote per slot. also, if anybody wants to, we can do another sport (baseball or basketball), rerandomize teams, and two slots will just be left out. whatever you guys are up for
Old 03-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
it would be one vote per slot. also, if anybody wants to, we can do another sport (baseball or basketball), rerandomize teams, and two slots will just be left out. whatever you guys are up for
Football has the better choices.Plus taking 2 slots away could take 2 people completely out of the whole thing and that wouldn't be right either.I think besides getting a spot on the promo,everyone got in this break because it was Football.Just hoping for at least a final 4 spot. and whatever product gets voted in just hope more people get some hits.

also if we do win a case of something would everyone sending you about $3-$4 per slot they have be good to cover the shipping? Can't wait for selection Sunday..
Old 03-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #187 (permalink)

I agree on 1 vote per slot. Should we also vote on sport before case? I'm sure most entered this break because it was football, but who knows -- maybe a few entered because of the promo.
messingaroundok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #188 (permalink)

I agree 1 vote per a slot and also would like to stick with Football since that is what this break was, why switch!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:30 PM   #189 (permalink)

One of the main reasons why I asked these questions to start all of this is so we can figure it out as a group before we WIN a case or two....the Equisite is easy since its football so we are keeping the same teams in that so thats good!!!

Now for if we just make it to the final four i was kind of thinking 08 SP auth baseball is the best bet for hitting a big hit out of the products to choose from the only problem is that we cant do a team break it would have to be a by the hit break like i sugested earlier.

If i had to pick a football break it would have to be 2009 Upper Deck Philadelphia Football Hobby 14 Box Case for sure...i hate score and 06 legends only gives a few teams a chance at hits.....

thats my 2 cents and remember im up for anything BUT we have to win it first!!!!!!! lol

Thanks for hosting btw and come on KANSAS and West Virginia (my guess for our 1 and 2 picks)
Old 03-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
One of the main reasons why I asked these questions to start all of this is so we can figure it out as a group before we WIN a case or two....the Equisite is easy since its football so we are keeping the same teams in that so thats good!!!

Now for if we just make it to the final four i was kind of thinking 08 SP auth baseball is the best bet for hitting a big hit out of the products to choose from the only problem is that we cant do a team break it would have to be a by the hit break like i sugested earlier.

If i had to pick a football break it would have to be 2009 Upper Deck Philadelphia Football Hobby 14 Box Case for sure...i hate score and 06 legends only gives a few teams a chance at hits.....

thats my 2 cents and remember im up for anything BUT we have to win it first!!!!!!! lol

Thanks for hosting btw and come on KANSAS and West Virginia (my guess for our 1 and 2 picks)

i second the sp auth. baseball... there is more of a chance at getting a big hit... and i say do a hit slot for the exquisite so it would be fair to everyone if a team gets more then one hit.... or i say sell the case and buy 2 cases of topps chrome with a team break
Old 03-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moestavern10 View Post
i second the sp auth. baseball... there is more of a chance at getting a big hit... and i say do a hit slot for the exquisite so it would be fair to everyone if a team gets more then one hit.... or i say sell the case and buy 2 cases of topps chrome with a team break
how can you do that??? how would it be fair??? not enough hits to cover 32 slots....lol you could ive eelindy the best hit out of it to cover the 9 slots he bought and that would bring the hit count down but still not fair...has to be by the team and you have the seahawks which have 2 rookies that seem to pop up a lot anyways
Old 03-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moestavern10 View Post
wouldn't have enough hits to do a hit slot
Old 03-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #193 (permalink)

I vote NO against a hit break!
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #194 (permalink)

It has already been decided that it will be a team break, same teams we had originally. It will be a vote for the case, one vote per slot. Doesnt matter though, cause we are getting exquisite!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:51 PM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
It has already been decided that it will be a team break, same teams we had originally. It will be a vote for the case, one vote per slot. Doesnt matter though, cause we are getting exquisite!
EXQUISITE or Bust

"If your not first your last"
*trademark of Ricky Bobby Inc.*
Old 03-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #196 (permalink)

Kansas and Nova as our 1 and 2 seeds...come on BIG WINS!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Two great teams there!
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
that could be the Championship game. wouldn't that be Sweet
Old 03-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineout View Post
that could be the Championship game. wouldn't that be Sweet
Haha, that would be killer. I really want that exquisite, its gotta be loaded with saints after the years they have been having. A nice brees auto or something....
Old 03-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #200 (permalink)

i want the case too with Arizona, KC, and the Radiers as my teams all have rookies that will have RPM's