Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Thanks for the clarification! Wow having a base slot may bring a decent chump of change!
Whenever Dr. Price makes a product, the base cards are usually more valuable than comparable products' base card prices. It's because they are so limited. I wouldn't be disappointed in base slots at all.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Collector View Post
I will take 2 or 3 more in another case if you do it, also.
I will take 3 more in another case, if there is one.
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #103 (permalink)

For clarification ... the base slots DOES NOT include the 1/1 insert. The 1/1 insert is included as a HIT! If you check out the first page, you get either a Memorabilia or 1/1 insert.

Also, we are only 12 slots away from filling a 2nd case! I've updated the 1st page with the latest slot counts.

Last edited by rambel; 05-03-2010 at 11:42 AM.
rambel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #104 (permalink)

Still buying base slots, pm me if selling.
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #105 (permalink)

I wish they would show a picture of the Ali autos. You would figure he would already have them in hand.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambel View Post
For clarification ... the base slots DOES NOT include the 1/1 insert. The 1/1 insert is included as a HIT! If you check out the first page, you get either a Memorabilia or 1/1 insert.

Also, we are only 12 slots away from filling a 2nd case! I've updated the 1st page with the latest slot counts.
Here is the post from the 1st page ...

KO Version
Each box of the KO Version contains two hard-signed autograph cards and one authentic fight-worn memorabilia card or 1/1 insert.

I just want everyone to be clear that the 1/1 insert is considered a HIT.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #107 (permalink)

I want two in the 2nd case if possible....
realricrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by realricrod View Post
I want two in the 2nd case if possible....

Got you down!

10 more spots to go for the 2nd case!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #109 (permalink)
Tai

Quote:
Here is the post from the 1st page ...

KO Version
Each box of the KO Version contains two hard-signed autograph cards and one authentic fight-worn memorabilia card or 1/1 insert.

I just want everyone to be clear that the 1/1 insert is considered a HIT.
Hi again, I still don't think it is absolutely clear regarding the base parallels. A 1/1 base onyx or Turkey Red 1/1 onyx will absolutely not be in a hit slot so it would have to go to the base slot right? The product literature makes a clear distinction between 1/1 insert and 1/1 base or parallel so are you saying if a base slot hits a 1/1 base that doesn't replace a hit it's fair game as a hit? I only bring this up because if a 1/1 base or parallel is hit and it is considered a "hit" then it will replace a legitimate hit that is the bulk of the slot price(auto or mem. or 1/1 insert). This would create an additional slot at the end and someone would lose out on an auto or a "real" hit. I just want to be sure since I think there is a clear enough distinction between the 2 and I don't think anyone would want a 1/1 base considered their $77 hit. Since there is still time before release I hope we can clear this up.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:02 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
The 1/1 base are not 1/1 inserts in any of the literature. The 1/1 inserts are the Ringside Logo 1/1, the Actual fight Tickets, and the 1/1 Cut Signatures. Those 3 would fall under the 3 hit per box where it would replace the fight-worn slot. The 1/1 base would replace one of the base in the base slot so it's no different than pulling a gold /9 base which would also replace one base. The hits appear to be guaranteed too so the main 3 hits are secure and don't involve any of the base or its parallels. So the 1/1 base would fall under "base". I hope this helps.
KO Version

Each KO Version box also contains 12 Ringside Boxing - Round One base cards and 3 Mecca Turkey Red inserts. The KO Version will be the only version where collectors can find parallels of the base cards (gold and onyx) and the parallels of the Mecca Turkey Red inserts (gold and onyx). In addition, each box of the KO Version will contain one limited edition base card.
Only 2,500 numbered KO Version boxes will be produced. They will be packaged in 10-box cases.

Round One Base Cards
There will be two parallel versions of each Ringside Boxing Round One base card.
- Base Card
- In My Corner - Base Card Subset
- Tale of Tape - Base Card Subset
- Victorious - Base Card Subset
- Weigh In - Base Card Subset

I think the base cards would include the red mecca, gold and onyx (1/1). The 1/1 insert or event worn memorabilia would be the 3rd hit the other 2 bring 2 autos.

So the base slot holder gets all the base cards to include: red mecca, gold and onyx versions of base/red mecca. That's the assumption that I get. I'm sure if this is ITG doing it the hits should be encased and base cards be non-encased? Can anyone chime in on this?

Last edited by John91C; 05-03-2010 at 07:05 PM.
John91C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:

What if there is a 1/1 onyx base card or 1/1 red mecca? Those are considered base cards according to the checklist and product description. The 1/1 insert is a totally different card. I do not think the base 1/1 should be considered a hit...it should be part of the base cards.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #112 (permalink)
Tai

Yeah, I think you got it correct with encased hits. I think we should make it really clear about the 1/1 base or 1/1 Turkey Reds: If the base/Turkey 1/1 is encased then it is obviously a hit and I was also wrong in my assumption. But if the base/Turkey 1/1 is just mixed in with the base then it goes to whatever base slot. Even as a base slot holder I wouldn't be against putting the 1/1 aside and randoming it off but if scenario 2 is right then it should not be considered a hit since someone would lose out on their hit.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #113 (permalink)

Guys, this is all going to be easy to determine once the breaking begins. If a 1/1 base card happens to be in a box, all you have to know is if three other hits were also included. If not, then the 1/1 base card is a "hit". If there are already 3 other "hits", then the 1/1 should be included in the base slot.

If I was to guess, the base 1/1 cards are NOT considered hits.

Good luck everyone. I hope you get some GREAT cards!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #114 (permalink)

I would be interested in 2 slots in case #2

Last edited by John91C; 05-03-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Wow, in every KO box you will get one ALI limited base card. That's geat and all, but I think I would want his stuff a little more "rare" or chase like?
In crunching some numbers, I have come to the conclusion that there are just under 1200 of each base card, not counting the Ali "limited" base cards. I have figured that there are only 350 of each Ali base card, of which 9 are the gold version and 1 is the onyx version, (assuming they are doing the same parallels with the Ali cards as with the other 90). So that means if people are putting the sets together, the Ali cards are almost 4 times more rare than each base card.

There are a few assumptions if my numbers are correct. For instance...I'm assuming all Ali cards are equally short printed instead of some more rare than others.

With a limited Ali base card in each box of KO, I'd say the base slots are going to have nice value to them.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
In crunching some numbers, I have come to the conclusion that there are just under 1200 of each base card, not counting the Ali "limited" base cards. I have figured that there are only 350 of each Ali base card, of which 9 are the gold version and 1 is the onyx version, (assuming they are doing the same parallels with the Ali cards as with the other 90). So that means if people are putting the sets together, the Ali cards are almost 4 times more rare than each base card.

There are a few assumptions if my numbers are correct. For instance...I'm assuming all Ali cards are equally short printed instead of some more rare than others.

With a limited Ali base card in each box of KO, I'd say the base slots are going to have nice value to them.
I wonder how much just a base Ali would go for...especially if someone is trying to build the whole set!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #117 (permalink)
Tai

I'm thinking the Ali base Sp's will go between $10-20 on average and if I'm wrong this set will be very frustrating to build. If I'm underestimating the demand for this set the competition may drive the Sp's up to $30+ which I hope is not the case since I will be trying to make at least 1 base set. I can't imagine a $300+ base set though.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #118 (permalink)

Can you imagine how much a gold base set will cost?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #119 (permalink)

Just some more clarification I think one of the 1/1 inserts is the Ringside Boxing logo card and cut autos. The logo card is completely different from the base. I believe it is a sideways card with a boxers picture and a RB logo similar to the logo SK (Sport Kings) cards.
sandlotsportcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlotsportcards View Post
Just some more clarification I think one of the 1/1 inserts is the Ringside Boxing logo card and cut autos. The logo card is completely different from the base. I believe it is a sideways card with a boxers picture and a RB logo similar to the logo SK (Sport Kings) cards.
I think you are correct. Here are the Sportkings versions of the "Logo" cards, one from each release Series A, B and C:
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Ringside Boxing Round One KO Version-lc-39.b-mike-tyson.jpg   2010 Ringside Boxing Round One KO Version-lc-22-james-j.-braddock.jpg   2010 Ringside Boxing Round One KO Version-lc-20-sugar-ray-leonard.jpg  

Last edited by mwheeler27; 05-03-2010 at 09:53 PM.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Guys, this is all going to be easy to determine once the breaking begins. If a 1/1 base card happens to be in a box, all you have to know is if three other hits were also included. If not, then the 1/1 base card is a "hit". If there are already 3 other "hits", then the 1/1 should be included in the base slot.

If I was to guess, the base 1/1 cards are NOT considered hits.

Good luck everyone. I hope you get some GREAT cards!
I will have to agree with this statement. I think we will know once we hit a box that has a 1/1 base card. If there are 3 other hits, then this will part of the base. If there are only 2, then this 1/1 base will considered a hit. I cannot make the call until we see some boxes opened.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
I would be interested in 2 slots in case #2
Got you down for 2 more slots!

8 slots left!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
8 slots left!
Since you agree with me, I'll take 4 slots.

Do you want payment now, or are you waiting until the 2nd case is full?

Thanks,

Matt
Old 05-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #124 (permalink)

1 slot in case #2
Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Since you agree with me, I'll take 4 slots.

Do you want payment now, or are you waiting until the 2nd case is full?

Thanks,

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsters View Post
1 slot in case #2
Got you both down!

Wait until the 2nd case is full and I will ask for payment.

3 slots left!