Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #176 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.U.I.Z.I.D. View Post
moving forward...NEXT!
Dude, chill. No need to be in a huge rush. Break isn't happening for a few days.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #177 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Teams Gone
Yankees
Giants
Cardinals
Mets.

With the 5th pick, on sheer possible number of hits I will take

Florida Marlins

Will PM #6

PM'd Nordy with number 6.

Last edited by jlzinck; 03-29-2010 at 12:10 PM.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #178 (permalink)

So far, looks like everybody has done his/her fair share of research

Still alot of solid teams left, this is wicked fun

Has anyone been able to find a list of the Bowman Buybacks? I think there are supposedly 15 cards that Bowman Bought back and had signed but I can't find a checklist...on ebay and the Topps website, and from some random breaks on youtube, the only ones I've seen have been Ryan Howard, Tom Glavine, AROD, and Jeremy Jeffress (Brewers Prospect caught smoking dope twice already). Anybody have any info on the rest of the players?
Old 03-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #179 (permalink)
Banned

on the checklist about 8 say TBD not sure
boxbreaker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiddy532 View Post
So far, looks like everybody has done his/her fair share of research

Still alot of solid teams left, this is wicked fun

Has anyone been able to find a list of the Bowman Buybacks? I think there are supposedly 15 cards that Bowman Bought back and had signed but I can't find a checklist...on ebay and the Topps website, and from some random breaks on youtube, the only ones I've seen have been Ryan Howard, Tom Glavine, AROD, and Jeremy Jeffress (Brewers Prospect caught smoking dope twice already). Anybody have any info on the rest of the players?
Justin Morneau has a card, too... although I think they only fall one per 8-box case (and we have a 4-box case).

A-Rod has a couple of buybacks - one from his Seattle days and one from '06 Heritage, in a Yanks uni.
endthecurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #181 (permalink)
Banned

with my luck we will pull 6 of them
Old 03-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbreaker88 View Post
lol army i know you want that pick but i have to give him a chance to pay so i will give him until 12 o clock eastern tommorow and the spot is yours
like i said in the pm is the spot mine??? its past noon lol ive got the money ready and my pick too since he is up!! just LMK
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #183 (permalink)
Banned

alright the spot is armys
Old 03-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #184 (permalink)

with the next pick i take the devil rays!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #185 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
alright the spot is armys
Ghey. I offered to pay the spot until Nordy paid up. I mean if he had logged on and didn't pay that would be one thing

He has not logged on since 2:40PM yesterday and it's not like this break is happening anytime before Friday.

But it's too late now as it would be wrong to take away from army as he stepped up and paid.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
with the next pick i take the devil rays!!!
Why are we selling that spot? If the break isn't happening until friday and no other dates were mentioned, how can we penalize someone, especially if it's someone who has a good reputation in group breaks for paying?
hmmdecloth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #187 (permalink)

I'm going to have to step in here. While there is really no rule set for how long people get to pay, getting to his draft slot and passing it along because he has not logged on is completely unfair. Hell, the draft should have never started until all payments were received. Also, unless I missed something, jlzinck had spoken for the slot first, so he should have been given first opportunity for the slot, not first to pay.

So all that being said, with the break not happening until Friday, I would recommend sending army the $$ back and allowing more time for nordie to log in/make payment. Then it should be offered to the first person to speak up about the slot.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #188 (permalink)

I knew it. Do you remember what I said yesterday, do not do draft until everyone pays.

I will have to say its YOUR FAULT pskell02. You allowed it to happen and you did a draft.

if you would say no, we would not have problem that we are having right now with Nordie.

Am I out of line here?
FT base/inserts: NBA: 09/10, 10/11 Timeless Treasures / Other Sport: UFC: 10, 12 KO - 11, 12 Finest, 10 WWE Platinum / NHL: 10-11 Contenders / NFL: 10 Magic / Non-Sport: Iron Man 1, 2, 3, Indiana Jones KOTCS, Marvel 70th Ann., Star Wars Jedi Legacy, Thor.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
I knew it. Do you remember what I said yesterday, do not do draft until everyone pays.

I will have to say it YOUR FAULT pskell02. You allowed it to happen and you did a draft.

if you would say no, we would not have problem that we having right now with Nordie.

Am I out of line here?
Slightly, considering I didn't do the draft list or say anything about go ahead and start the draft. I'm sure Robert gave the go ahead assuming that nordie would be given adequate time to pay. And then giving the slot to the wrong person (nothing against army here). In the end, it falls on the breaker for caving to your constant badgering to get things moving, not taking into account personal lives and people being drawn away from the board for a day or 2, and finally not following the proper backout order.

Your new here, so I have been giving you time to get acclimated to how things work here. Seems you are just too damn impatient here (as well as jumping the gun on paying for my break). So as I said before, relax and let things happen. I will take care of the issues that arise.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #190 (permalink)
Banned

well i am leaving it up to pskell to determine what is best here i guess it would be fairer to give him more time
Old 03-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:

I will have to say its YOUR FAULT pskell02. You allowed it to happen and you did a draft.

if you would say no, we would not have problem that we are having right now with Nordie.

Am I out of line here?
Way out of line, he had nothing to do with any of the current issues, of which there are many, in this break. Some of you guys need to learn a little bit of patience and grow up a little. The behavior and posts of some in this group break appear to come from childish teenagers. I have been in my fair share of draft group breaks (which have all run smoothly) and have never seen anything quite like this. Settle down, relax, draft your team when it is your turn, and PM the next guy in line, it isn't that difficult people.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #192 (permalink)
Banned

alright we will give nodie time to pay
Old 03-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
alright we will give nodie time to pay
Thank you. If he doesn't pay by mid-day/end of work tomorrow, I would say you would be safe to pass the slot along. And if he doesn't, pass it along to the next guy. Simple.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #194 (permalink)

Pskell02: PM Sent.
FT base/inserts: NBA: 09/10, 10/11 Timeless Treasures / Other Sport: UFC: 10, 12 KO - 11, 12 Finest, 10 WWE Platinum / NHL: 10-11 Contenders / NFL: 10 Magic / Non-Sport: Iron Man 1, 2, 3, Indiana Jones KOTCS, Marvel 70th Ann., Star Wars Jedi Legacy, Thor.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #195 (permalink)
Banned

alright armyatc22 i am refunding you now
Old 03-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmoot2 View Post
Way out of line, he had nothing to do with any of the current issues, of which there are many, in this break. Some of you guys need to learn a little bit of patience and grow up a little. The behavior and posts of some in this group break appear to come from childish teenagers. I have been in my fair share of draft group breaks (which have all run smoothly) and have never seen anything quite like this. Settle down, relax, draft your team when it is your turn, and PM the next guy in line, it isn't that difficult people.
Sorry, I thought he did a draft, it was another guy. My mistake, I'm sorry.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #197 (permalink)

Go back to post 79 I surelly called his spot 20 posts before jlzinck posted that he wanted the spot at post 99 so there is no doubt the spot in question will be mine if he doesnt pay....just let me know if he doesnt and Ill RE-send the money and make the same pick again...lol
Old 03-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:

Am I out of line here?
PC: Andruw Jones-I am paying a finder's fee of $15 (upon a successfully negotiated non-ebay deal) for a 1998 Donruss Crusade Andruw Jones CTA Purple and a $25 finder's fee for a 1998 Donruss Crusade Andruw Jones CTA Red.
Prospects: James Darnell
wolf324au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #199 (permalink)

Sorry about that army. Looks like I did miss your first post there about the slot. You did claim first dibs on the slot, so pending payment by nordie, it would fall to you. I apologize for missing that the first time around.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Sorry about that army. Looks like I did miss your first post there about the slot. You did claim first dibs on the slot, so pending payment by nordie, it would fall to you. I apologize for missing that the first time around.
its all good lol...this thread is getting out of hand and it would be easy to miss i just was going off what the host was saying and giving him till noon today to pay (which as you can tell he didnt) so i pmed him and then paid...i dont think i did anything wrong and if I did Im sorry...either way i do hope this 4 boxer has something nice come out of it due to all the fuss....