Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #76 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Pat, it says $170.50 next to my name and others with 10 slots. Is that a reduced price or did you mean to put $175.00 next to the people with 10 slots?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduce View Post
That sucks he is going to have to get a vacation for breaking the rules. I guess you guys are going to have to wait two weeks to get to the break going again.
LOL...can mods take vacations over here?

I think there should be a rule that if a mod starts a group break, another mod should have to approve it and move it when appropriate. Otherwise, where do I sign up to be a mod? I want to do things without the approval of others.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #78 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Pat, it says $170.50 next to my name and others with 10 slots. Is that a reduced price or did you mean to put $175.00 next to the people with 10 slots?
Yea it should be $175. I fixed that and will pm the 3 others that had 10 slots who have already paid about it.

Wheels, we actually do go through a pretty lengthy approval for group breaks that involves price breakdowns and review of the process. Moving the break to active isn't a big deal IMO. Should be done before payments start coming in, but in this case, I forgot to do so.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Yea it should be $175. I fixed that and will pm the 3 others that had 10 slots who have already paid about it.

Wheels, we actually do go through a pretty lengthy approval for group breaks that involves price breakdowns and review of the process. Moving the break to active isn't a big deal IMO. Should be done before payments start coming in, but in this case, I forgot to do so.
I'm just busting your chops. I thought it was funny.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #80 (permalink)

Missed this one, put me on the waiting list for 10 slots.
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduce View Post
That sucks he is going to have to get a vacation for breaking the rules. I guess you guys are going to have to wait two weeks to get to the break going again.
Here are the rules ... quoted exactly:

"DO NOT begin collecting payments or post your paypal/email address until the break is official and has been moved to the "Active/Open Breaks" section. Hosts, please make sure to "report" the testing waters thread so that the mods/admins can move the thread to the active section so you can start collecting payments. Failure to do so will result in suspensions."

Looks like this is an open and shut case of suspension .. others have been suspended for this ... are there double standards?
Old 04-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #82 (permalink)

can't believe i missed this. can i be put on the waiting list please for 2 slots. thanks.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC View Post
Here are the rules ... quoted exactly:

"DO NOT begin collecting payments or post your paypal/email address until the break is official and has been moved to the "Active/Open Breaks" section. Hosts, please make sure to "report" the testing waters thread so that the mods/admins can move the thread to the active section so you can start collecting payments. Failure to do so will result in suspensions."

Looks like this is an open and shut case of suspension .. others have been suspended for this ... are there double standards?
wow - talk about sucking all the fun out of the room...

Relax man, no harm no foul.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #84 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
I REALLY hope this was a joke
Old 04-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
I REALLY hope this was a joke
Hope what was a joke? The rules? I copied them verbatim.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #86 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

No, the fact that you are busting a guys balls for forgetting to move the thread to active when he is [1] a moderator, and [2] one of, if not THE best group breakers on here [no offense to the other guys who also do an excellent job]
Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
No, the fact that you are busting a guys balls for forgetting to move the thread to active when he is [1] a moderator, and [2] one of, if not THE best group breakers on here [no offense to the other guys who also do an excellent job]
OK, then you have made my point .. there ARE double standards .. that's all I really wanted to say.

So the rules really should read:

Rule Set A (for moderators, nice guys, good group breakers, or people who accidentally forget): ....

Rule Set B (for idiots, newbies, unpopular people, people with stupid avatars): ....
Old 04-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #88 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Tim, to my knowledge, no one has actually been suspended for accepting payments early. It generally comes with a warning and if there is a repeat offense, a possible suspension. If Rob, Tony, or Pat should deem my offense suspension worthy, so be it. I did break the rules by not having the thread moved prior to accepting payments.

Back on topic of the break. I think everyone has been updated as far as payments go. If I happen to have missed you, let me know and I will update it.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
OK, then you have made my point .. there ARE double standards .. that's all I really wanted to say.

So the rules really should read:

Rule Set A (for moderators, nice guys, good group breakers, or people who accidentally forget): ....

Rule Set B (for idiots, newbies, unpopular people, people with stupid avatars): ....
Mr. TimC, you aren't even in the break.. go troll some other thread please
Old 04-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_navarre View Post
Mr. TimC, you aren't even in the break.. go troll some other thread please
Sorry, I didn't read that in the rules .. if you're not in the break, you cannot open the thread. Did everybody get that? sd-navarre says so. OK .. learn something new every day.

Check my activity ... yeah I'm a chronic troll!

Please do not reply to this post ... I cannot come back into the thread to read/respond.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't read that in the rules .. if you're not in the break, you cannot open the thread. Did everybody get that? sd-navarre says so. OK .. learn something new every day.

Check my activity ... yeah I'm a chronic troll!

Please do not reply to this post ... I cannot come back into the thread to read/respond.
I think my point was made - you choose to take it how you will. Have a nice day Mr. TimC.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #92 (permalink)

Well now that it is all settled, let's get those payments in people so we can random and get to drafting!

This draft is gonna take awhile
Old 04-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #93 (permalink)

just paid. thanks
Old 04-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmoot2 View Post
Well now that it is all settled, let's get those payments in people so we can random and get to drafting!

This draft is gonna take awhile
I may be in the minority here, but instead of randomizing a draft order and then drafting all 191 slots, couldn't we just randomize each slot and then randomize all the participants?

This is my first group break, so I'm sorry if that's not how things are done or if everyone really looks forward to drafting. Just thought I'd throw it out as a suggestion.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasso12 View Post
I may be in the minority here, but instead of randomizing a draft order and then drafting all 191 slots, couldn't we just randomize each slot and then randomize all the participants?

This is my first group break, so I'm sorry if that's not how things are done or if everyone really looks forward to drafting. Just thought I'd throw it out as a suggestion.

That is a good idea, and would take a lot of the time out of it, but....

It wouldn't be near as much fun.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
Old 04-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #96 (permalink)
Tai

Quote:

You got the standard break down(what's usually done) but drafting is the fun part except when your last.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:

Good idea, but this is a player draft break, that is what we signed up for, so you've got to do some research (if you so choose) or just pick someone when it is your turn!!

EDIT: Like Tai said, it is much better and more fun when you get higher draft picks Either way still have to get some luck with the players you choose having some nice colored parallels pulled out of the cases!

Last edited by bigsmoot2; 04-08-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmoot2 View Post
Good idea, but this is a player draft break, that is what we signed up for, so you've got to do some research (if you so choose) or just pick someone when it is your turn!!

EDIT: Like Tai said, it is much better and more fun when you get higher draft picks Either way still have to get some luck with the players you choose having some nice colored parallels pulled out of the cases!
Fair enough. I'm just excited/anxious to find out what players I'm going to get. Isn't there some rule in place where first timers get the first picks?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Fair enough. I'm just excited/anxious to find out what players I'm going to get. Isn't there some rule in place where first timers get the first picks?
Good luck to you, you never know with random.org. We did one of these last summer and endthecurse ended up with picks #1-4 You just never know with the randomizer
Old 04-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #100 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

ban ban ban bannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread