Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineout View Post
1 week from today is the deadline for payments Hopefully everyone pays because only have 3 people on the waiting list for 4 slots.There are 8 slots to be paid in the 1st case and 5 in the 2nd. Have you received wilson's payment(Money order) yet? That would cover 6 of the 13 slots. I also agree with something VC said: DRAFT should not take more than a few days;week at the most.By now people should know who they want depending on when they'll pick.
PENDING is still pending. I'm hoping it's in tomorrow's mail, but I don't have DC on the item.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #202 (permalink)

Not trying to push this thing and rollover anyone but redwingjer's last post was on 4/19~ I looked at some other recent posts and on 4/16 he backed out of a break because he was going to basic training I dont know how long basic training is so mabye he gets back I dont know , down in the Football buy/sell Ramsfan101 is having some issues over a card with Guru so who knows whats happening with him

And again I'm not in a hurry just letting you know
Old 05-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #203 (permalink)

Probably a case where redwing forgot what breaks he was in before leaving for basic. Depending on the branch, he could be out till mid-June.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #204 (permalink)

I will be able to take another one or two if need be. Let's hope whoever still owes pays up soon.
JasonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #205 (permalink)

Anyone see a checklist showing what rookies have autos in this product? The checklist on here shows nothing and the sell sheet only mentions bradford, spiller, tebow, clausen, McCoy, Mathews, and Dwyer. I'm assuming that most of the top two or three rounds have autos or do some have exclusive deals with other companies?
JasonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #206 (permalink)
Axe

if theres still slots open, id be interested in a slot to try this out, looks fun =).
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
Anyone see a checklist showing what rookies have autos in this product? The checklist on here shows nothing and the sell sheet only mentions bradford, spiller, tebow, clausen, McCoy, Mathews, and Dwyer. I'm assuming that most of the top two or three rounds have autos or do some have exclusive deals with other companies?
Yeah I was kind of curious about this myself. None of the checklists I have seen have included the 2010 rookies. There has got to be a more accurate checklist than what is provided here on Blowout right?

http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz97/natesQuest4cards/
vikingsordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:59 AM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe View Post
if theres still slots open, id be interested in a slot to try this out, looks fun =).
I'll put you on the standby list.

If this break is a huge success and you guys want to do another one (or even other members wanting to join in), I'm sure another person can step in and conduct the break. I won't be able to because of my schedule... but it never hurts to ask. I'll look around today for any updated checklists.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #209 (permalink)
Banned

How is this coming along ? I am ready to pay for spots if they come available.
smkelly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #210 (permalink)

Good morning and I hope everyone is remembering what this weekend is about...

Friendly reminder (from post #131):

Ok... found 2 old posts. 3 June, 8pm EST is the deadline for payments. That gives me 4 days to fill any empty slots. For now, unless a case gets paid off beforehand, the Draft will kick off on 7 June, 6:30pm EST.

1 week and counting SMKELLY1.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #211 (permalink)

Bump for the day... less than 3 days left before I start filling up vacant slots w/ STANDBY personnel. Thanks...
Old 06-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #212 (permalink)

Have you guys seen how much cases of this stuff are right now? Anyone that DOES participate in this break is getting a pretty decent discount.....
hint hint...

2010 Donruss Elite Football Hobby 12 Box Case - $1,334.99 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store
Old 06-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #213 (permalink)

I'm in for 2 spots if you need them filled. Please PM me your paypal address and I can pay right away. I realize that I just signed up yesterday, but I figured this would allow me to build trust amongst your tight-knit group.
Footsteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:51 AM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footsteps View Post
I'm in for 2 spots if you need them filled. Please PM me your paypal address and I can pay right away. I realize that I just signed up yesterday, but I figured this would allow me to build trust amongst your tight-knit group.
I'll put you on the standby list.... welcome to the board!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #215 (permalink)

Thank you, sir, for the welcome. Please let me know if/when I may participate.

For my beginner's knowledge, how often do you seen folks slip off the list and at what point before a break?

Thank you, again.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #216 (permalink)

It all depends. This Group Break has been in the works for almost 2 months now. If you look/read thru other group breaks, it's a lot of timing. This is one of the earlier Football releases and fairly popular. So it filled pretty quick. But, as you can see... there might be 6-8 slots that open up in a few days. Maybe the guys on the standby list will jump on it quick, or maybe they've spent their $$ elsewhere (which is easy to do in this hobby). We'll find out tomorrow night.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #217 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Have you guys seen how much cases of this stuff are right now? Anyone that DOES participate in this break is getting a pretty decent discount.....
hint hint...

2010 Donruss Elite Football Hobby 12 Box Case - $1,334.99 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store
Wow, a $200 jump. We did get a good deal.

Kudos on getting us going so early.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #218 (permalink)

I am glad we got it at the price we did.... now let's get even luckier and bust some huge pulls
Old 06-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
It all depends. This Group Break has been in the works for almost 2 months now. If you look/read thru other group breaks, it's a lot of timing. This is one of the earlier Football releases and fairly popular. So it filled pretty quick. But, as you can see... there might be 6-8 slots that open up in a few days. Maybe the guys on the standby list will jump on it quick, or maybe they've spent their $$ elsewhere (which is easy to do in this hobby). We'll find out tomorrow night.
Got it. I just joined the site a few days ago read through all of the "Read This First Threads" and this section of the forum caught my eyes. It took me about 4 reads of the rules on how to do these and watching a video or two before I sort of understood. I figured I would just jump in and try to get in on a break.

I took a look at the sell sheet and thought these cards were fantastic looking - the sort that holds its value.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #220 (permalink)

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

I like the look of past Donruss Elite products. I don't mind sticker autos. So this product is up my ally. Other people like other things, so to each their own.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #221 (permalink)

I saw a discussion somewhere about people not liking sticker autos. I assume that is where is player signs NOT on the card itself. I can understand people not liking that.

Doesn't Topps do that (at least the regular version)?

At this early comeback stage of mine, I am indifferent.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footsteps View Post
I saw a discussion somewhere about people not liking sticker autos. I assume that is where is player signs NOT on the card itself. I can understand people not liking that.

Doesn't Topps do that (at least the regular version)?

At this early comeback stage of mine, I am indifferent.
First off, welcome to the board. And yes, a sticker auto is where a player signs A LOT of sheets of stickers, and the company takes those stickers and affixes them to the card when it has been created. A cheaper, and faster way to get a card autographed.

For me, a "hard signed" card is always better, but I do not complain about the stickers. However, it seems like the higher end products should be hard signed.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
First off, welcome to the board. And yes, a sticker auto is where a player signs A LOT of sheets of stickers, and the company takes those stickers and affixes them to the card when it has been created. A cheaper, and faster way to get a card autographed.

For me, a "hard signed" card is always better, but I do not complain about the stickers. However, it seems like the higher end products should be hard signed.
Ghost, thanks for the welcome, my friend.

The more I think about it, the more I am starting to look down on signed sticker sheets. It is certainly cheaper to produce and it removes us collectors from the players by a little bit. We are all collectors/fans because we want to somehow feel some sort of connection to those athletes we watch and root for.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #224 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Anyone have any clue as to whether or not Golden Tate is in this?
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #225 (permalink)

I do not have proof, but I have to assume he will be.