Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
guestdent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 647
Default

Did we get our slots for the Promotion randomized yet?
__________________
Looking for: '13 Heritage SP: #432, 463, 470, 496 Upcoming: Matt4486's 2014 BDPP SUPER Jumbo: 8 Spots
guestdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #102 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestdent View Post
Did we get our slots for the Promotion randomized yet?
Not yet. We are in group c, mb-93277.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
guestdent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Not yet. We are in group c, mb-93277.
Cool. Thank you.
__________________
Looking for: '13 Heritage SP: #432, 463, 470, 496 Upcoming: Matt4486's 2014 BDPP SUPER Jumbo: 8 Spots
guestdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #104 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,128
Default

Just letting the group know that the break itself will more than likely happen on Friday at around 5p PST. It should take an hour and a half or so to get through all 12 boxes. I won't focus much on the base cards, but will call out any and all inserts, color and autos that we pull.

Looking forward to busting this for everyone!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:18 PM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 2,815
Default

you guys did pretty good in the promotions getting Spain and England.
__________________
Nordys 2014 Topps Chrome Baseball 10 Case Break - Picks: Springer
wilsonsingles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:20 PM   #106 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonsingles View Post
you guys did pretty good in the promotions getting Spain and England.
I think the temporarily-celibate squad from Mexico is the sleeper, here
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
guestdent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Just letting the group know that the break itself will more than likely happen on Friday at around 5p PST. It should take an hour and a half or so to get through all 12 boxes. I won't focus much on the base cards, but will call out any and all inserts, color and autos that we pull.

Looking forward to busting this for everyone!
Sounds good. looking forward to it. I think Spain has a real shot, too. That will make watching the WC even more exciting!
__________________
Looking for: '13 Heritage SP: #432, 463, 470, 496 Upcoming: Matt4486's 2014 BDPP SUPER Jumbo: 8 Spots
guestdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #108 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,128
Default

Tomorrow's the big day!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
philhjr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 1,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I think the temporarily-celibate squad from Mexico is the sleeper, here
Just for squeeks and giggles and since we have some time to pass before the break tomorrow. Say we win the free case from the promotion how would that work? Would we keep the same groups for the break of the free case? would you random the list again and we would re-draft? Just wanted to throw it out there so the discussion can take place when Costa Rica wins it. LOL
philhjr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #110 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhjr1 View Post
Just for squeeks and giggles and since we have some time to pass before the break tomorrow. Say we win the free case from the promotion how would that work? Would we keep the same groups for the break of the free case? would you random the list again and we would re-draft? Just wanted to throw it out there so the discussion can take place when Costa Rica wins it. LOL
Well, there are a few options:

1. The person who owns the group with the team that wins gets first pick, then we draft backward so that the person who picked last in this break gets first (or second) pick in the free case.

2. We can snake draft back, not worrying about the person who owns the group with the team that won.

3. We can do a random group break, shuffling both the groups and the participants.

4. You can donate the entire unopened case to me as your gracious host, and I will do with it as I please

I am pretty much open to any and all ideas when we win our second case.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
philhjr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 1,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Well, there are a few options:

1. The person who owns the group with the team that wins gets first pick, then we draft backward so that the person who picked last in this break gets first (or second) pick in the free case.

2. We can snake draft back, not worrying about the person who owns the group with the team that won.

3. We can do a random group break, shuffling both the groups and the participants.

4. You can donate the entire unopened case to me as your gracious host, and I will do with it as I please

I am pretty much open to any and all ideas when we win our second case.
I would vote for choice #1, should be a little incentive for the person who owns the group with the winning team.
philhjr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #112 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhjr1 View Post
I would vote for choice #1, should be a little incentive for the person who owns the group with the winning team.
Not even going to give 4 a chance?

I too like option 1.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
philhjr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 1,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Not even going to give 4 a chance?

I too like option 1.
I reserve the right to change my choice from option #1 to option #4, if you pull me a nice 1/1 base or 1/1 autograph card!!! There is some incentive!!
philhjr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
Sushiyoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,728
Default

I not in this break, but the only option is #4!
Can't believe I missed this.

Can you do another one?
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 411
Default

Well, the second break would be more than a month for now, so for starters we probably pay new shipping charges. And being last pick I have biases.

1. If it were a two case break, we would probably be snaking back through the second case, so there is precedent for that model, despite my bias. This would be fairest if we had put the rule in place before the start of the draft. (Or if there is precedent in another break.)

2. A pure random matches winning the case on a random and produces the cleanest overall fairness.

3. I might donate a card or two to the honorable host for his breaking efforts.
kjsboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #116 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhjr1 View Post
I reserve the right to change my choice from option #1 to option #4, if you pull me a nice 1/1 base or 1/1 autograph card!!! There is some incentive!!
I, as host, approve this message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiyoshi View Post
I not in this break, but the only option is #4!
Can't believe I missed this.

Can you do another one?
Even though you're not officially in this break, your vote still counts!

I want to see how this one goes in terms of breaking, sorting, packing and shipping before posting a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsboulder View Post
Well, the second break would be more than a month for now, so for starters we probably pay new shipping charges. And being last pick I have biases.

1. If it were a two case break, we would probably be snaking back through the second case, so there is precedent for that model, despite my bias. This would be fairest if we had put the rule in place before the start of the draft. (Or if there is precedent in another break.)

2. A pure random matches winning the case on a random and produces the cleanest overall fairness.

3. I might donate a card or two to the honorable host for his breaking efforts.
Yeah, but paying the shipping charges is negated by the fact that we would have won an ENTIRE CASE!

1. Rules are meant to be broken
2. Agreed. Doing a random group break would be fairest in terms of everyone having an equal shot at the "good" groups, but where's the fun in equality?!?!
3. That'd be awfully nice of you.

Last edited by tajikey; 05-29-2014 at 01:37 PM.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Rpetrovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canberra australia
Posts: 2,009
Default

2. Agreed. Doing a random group break would be fairest in terms of everyone having an equal shot at the "good" groups!
__________________
http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/parralettics/library/?sort=3&page=0
Rpetrovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:55 PM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
guestdent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 647
Default

I vote for option 1. I sure hope we win
__________________
Looking for: '13 Heritage SP: #432, 463, 470, 496 Upcoming: Matt4486's 2014 BDPP SUPER Jumbo: 8 Spots
guestdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: VA
Posts: 258
Default

i'd vote #3
arashY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:06 AM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 124
Default

I vote #3, random group break.
__________________
Taking COMC offers up to 50% off!
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:17 AM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
23bulls2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 730
Default

Let's win first
__________________
$$$ BUYING 86 Fleer Basketball PSA 9 Graded cards
Collecting Panini World Cup Soccer.
Michael Jordan Autos for my PC.
23bulls2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #122 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,128
Default

Happy break day, everyone! I am super stoked to break into this wonderful case that should be at my desk in 45 minutes. We won't be breaking until later, though, so don't try to pressure me
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #123 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,128
Default

Our case has arrived!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #124 (permalink)
Member
 
23bulls2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 730
Default

Will the break be recorded? Thanks
__________________
$$$ BUYING 86 Fleer Basketball PSA 9 Graded cards
Collecting Panini World Cup Soccer.
Michael Jordan Autos for my PC.
23bulls2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #125 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bulls2014 View Post
Will the break be recorded? Thanks
Without a doubt, good sir.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.