Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 02:40 AM   #226 (permalink)

Yes, but what I'm saying is if a base slot holder gets a 1/1 then if there is an extra hit should he get that also? I think extra hits should be randomized between the group.
dareshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:46 AM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareshan View Post
Yes, but what I'm saying is if a base slot holder gets a 1/1 then if there is an extra hit should he get that also? I think extra hits should be randomized between the group.
No way. ALL extra hits MUST BE randomned between all participants.

Base slot holder gets base and parallel cards only (1/1 and etc), if it's a hit (a jersey, auto, patch, rpa whatever) it's a hit.

So, kaj opens a pack,

first 3 hits are 3 hits, all other hits (1/1 and etc) must be randmoned, base/parallel cards (including 1/1) goes to base slot holder.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:06 AM   #228 (permalink)

I think we are on the same page. All base cards go to the base card holders, but any extra hits should be randomized between the entire group. Am I making sense or am I missing something here?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:06 AM   #229 (permalink)

I just think if there are a bunch of extra hits then they should be randomed between the entire group.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:22 AM   #230 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareshan View Post
I would agree that if there is an extra hit in boxes 1-5 then that base card slot should get the hit. Although what if the base card pulls a 1/1? Can we do another randomized list for extra hits?
Considering this was agreed upon when everyone paid, and was clearly stated in the break guidelines, I'd feel somewhat cheated if I lost my rights to the extra hits..
Old 11-03-2010, 03:23 AM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
There are 15 boxes/packs in a case and each box/pack has 3 hits with at least one auto. Panini claims that every other box will have two autos, on average . That means a case will have 45 hits. We'll add 3 slots for the base/parallels/extra hits (if there are any this year). The first base slot will get the base/parallels/extra hits from the first five boxes, the second base slot will get the base/parallels/extra hits from boxes 6-10, and so on. A mod will be used to randomize the list of participants (via random.org). The last three names in the random list will get the base slots. The first name will get the first hit pulled, and so on.

o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o
Old 11-03-2010, 03:30 AM   #232 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o
And there it is. Good luck to you fitch.
haj20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:21 AM   #233 (permalink)

I'm sorry but I do not understand why extra hits should be randmoned between slot holders? What makes a slot holder so special?

So, if we'll have 15 boxes with 1 extra hit = 15 hits.

Those 15 hits are randomned between 3 slot holders?

Whoopi do. Perfect.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:32 AM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.U.I.Z.I.D. View Post
I'm sorry but I do not understand why extra hits should be randmoned between slot holders? What makes a slot holder so special?

Whoopi do. Perfect.
Base slot holders generally get shafted unless they luckbox a 1/1. I didn't see many people complaining about this fact until the recent realization that there may be more extra hits than originally expected.

I don't see where it says that base slot holders are "special", lucky may be a more appropriate term. when you sign up for group draft breaks, the draft order is all about luck is it not? Why is this any different? We got randomized into slots and you or I had an equal chance of getting into each spot.

At first I thought I was quite unlucky and even offered to trade my base slot for anything, but now I would have to say I feel lucky to have landed in one. If you ended up with the last spot in a hit draft break would you complain that it is unfair that others get to pick before you per the break guidelines agreed upon before everyone paid? nope.

Last edited by fitch123; 11-03-2010 at 04:36 AM.
fitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 AM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.U.I.Z.I.D. View Post

Whoopi do. Perfect.
Like fitch's quote from the original post said, if there happens to be extras, they automatically go to the base slot holder of that box. The original post said nothing about a random. And like fitch said, nobody made a peep until people realized that the possibility of extra hits increased.
haj20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:54 AM   #236 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to boombaby_rm31

He(cruiserdaddy) said half of the case has 4 hits. Thats like 7-8 extra hits.

@boombaby_rm31

Last edited by boombaby_rm31; 11-03-2010 at 06:29 AM.
boombaby_rm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:04 AM   #237 (permalink)

Ok guys this is how it should happen and take care of the "problem"

1.The slots need to stay the same
2.The first 3 extras need to go to the base holders
3.The rest of the extras need to be randomized between all the slot holders.

This is the way I believe was suppose to happen but isn't worded that way. This then gives everyone a hit (even though now the base spots are making out like bandits) and the rest of the extras are randomized between the group!!

So the host needs to have the list in front of him when he busts so when we get that 1st 4 hit box hit number 4 goes to the first base slot holder.

How does that sound?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #238 (permalink)

There is no way that all the extras go to the base slots that's just someone trying to be greedy...come on now guys
Old 11-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #239 (permalink)

I'd be okay with what army suggested. This is my first break so I'm not sure how it's usually handled, but it sounds kind of crazy if base slots had the opportunity to get base + 2/3 hits (if our break ends up having more than 3 extra hits like the other one).
magic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #240 (permalink)
Banned

I like that idea as well, the first 3 extra hits go to the 3 base card holders, anything else is random.

No way base holders should get multiple extra hits.
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
If anyone disagrees with just automatically giving any extra hits to the base slot holders for that particular box (as originally stated in the first post), speak now or forever hold you peace.
i disagree 100%

If we're already fairly certain that there'll be MORE hits and not LESS hits than advertised, then those with the base slot will get a hit AND the base. Let's say I get a simple GU jersey while the base slot person gets an auto of , idk Al Farouq Aminu... then I'll be pissed that they got a better hit AND base cards even though they paid the same amt as I did for a HIT BREAK. Honestly, I think even if someone hit a Kobe auto in their slot, they have the right to be upset that the extra hit(s) were given to someone else in the break who joined with the same odds as them, and yet were automatically given extra which essentially gave them two spots. Any extra hits should be randomed between all slot-paying members (aka everyone in the break) and not simply defaulted to the ones who have base IMO.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #242 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to boombaby_rm31

My slots are for sale if anyone is interested i got all 3rd hits which almost guarantee a rc auto based on some video breaks. Ktnxbye

@boombaby_rm31
boombaby_rm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
i disagree 100%

If we're already fairly certain that there'll be MORE hits and not LESS hits than advertised, then those with the base slot will get a hit AND the base. Let's say I get a simple GU jersey while the base slot person gets an auto of , idk Al Farouq Aminu... then I'll be pissed that they got a better hit AND base cards even though they paid the same amt as I did for a HIT BREAK. Honestly, I think even if someone hit a Kobe auto in their slot, they have the right to be upset that the extra hit(s) were given to someone else in the break who joined with the same odds as them, and yet were automatically given extra which essentially gave them two spots. Any extra hits should be randomed between all slot-paying members (aka everyone in the break) and not simply defaulted to the ones who have base IMO.
This isn't even up for debate. The original post explicitly stated that any extra hits would go to the base slot holders and subsequent debates prior to the random never disputed that fact. Now that we see there may be extra hits in about 1 out of every 3 boxes (from what I've seen), we can't change that.

I've been in plenty of breaks where I drew the base/extra hit slot and there were no extra hits to be had. As a matter of fact, this is typical. Now, we might have a product where the base slot might actually be coveted, and people are complaining. If you think the base slots are going to be so lucrative, maybe you should make an offer to buy a slot from one of three holders.

I just want to do what's fair. In my opinion, people signed up for this break under the pretense that the base slots would also get extra hits. At the time, we didn't know there would be extra hits. We can't change it now, in my opinion.

If necessary, we can flip a coin or differ to a neutral party (iluvfish2?) to make a final decision. But I don't think it should come to that.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #244 (permalink)
Banned

I agreed or signed up that there might be 1 extra hit per person as this is not unusual. I don't think any of us were expecting the base people to get multiple hits.

But I'm good with whatever you decide, it is your break!

Thanks for doing this by the way!!!

Last edited by JOHNJOHNNY; 11-03-2010 at 10:41 AM.
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:
This isn't even up for debate. The original post explicitly stated that any extra hits would go to the base slot holders and subsequent debates prior to the random never disputed that fact. Now that we see there may be extra hits in about 1 out of every 3 boxes (from what I've seen), we can't change that.

I've been in plenty of breaks where I drew the base/extra hit slot and there were no extra hits to be had. As a matter of fact, this is typical. Now, we might have a product where the base slot might actually be coveted, and people are complaining. If you think the base slots are going to be so lucrative, maybe you should make an offer to buy a slot from one of three holders.

I just want to do what's fair. In my opinion, people signed up for this break under the pretense that the base slots would also get extra hits. At the time, we didn't know there would be extra hits. We can't change it now, in my opinion.

If necessary, we can flip a coin or differ to a neutral party (iluvfish2?) to make a final decision. But I don't think it should come to that.

If "this isn't even up for debate" and we can't change this now, I am not sure why you even brought this up and said "speak now or forever hold your peace"?? So what exactly has been up for debate in the last 3 pages of this thread???

After reading through everyone's comments, I agree with ARMY's solution... give one extra hit to each base slot and then random the rest.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
Since it was sated that extra hits would go to the base slot. I think it is fair that each slot holder would (possibly) get it extra hit.

I think most were under the assumption that there might be 1 or 2 extra hits. No one is/was expecting 8 extra hits. If we had know that then I'm sure no one would if agreed to all the extra hits going to 3 people. (this is all under the assumption that there will be xtra hits)

First 3 extra hits go to the first 3 base slot people then any after that get random between everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Ok guys this is how it should happen and take care of the "problem"

1.The slots need to stay the same
2.The first 3 extras need to go to the base holders
3.The rest of the extras need to be randomized between all the slot holders.

This is the way I believe was suppose to happen but isn't worded that way. This then gives everyone a hit (even though now the base spots are making out like bandits) and the rest of the extras are randomized between the group!!

So the host needs to have the list in front of him when he busts so when we get that 1st 4 hit box hit number 4 goes to the first base slot holder.

How does that sound?

I'm okay with this. As long as each of the base slot holders get one of the extra hits (if there are any), we can randomize the rest between everybody in the break.
I really wasn't expecting there to be 7 or 8 extra hits in the case. That really complicated things. But I do want to make sure that the base slot holders are getting an extra hit if they exist.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
If "this isn't even up for debate" and we can't change this now, I am not sure why you even brought this up and said "speak now or forever hold your peace"?? So what exactly has been up for debate in the last 3 pages of this thread???

After reading through everyone's comments, I agree with ARMY's solution... give one extra hit to each base slot and then random the rest.
I agree with Army too. I hadn't read his post before responding to yours, and I interpreted your post as saying that all extra hits needed to be randomized.

As long as the base slot holders are getting at least one of the extra hits, then I feel it's fair. Anything beyond that will be randomed between everyone.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #248 (permalink)

That is more than fair. I think. The first 3 extra hits go to the 3 base holders in order, than any additional hits get randomed off between everyone in the break. Hopefully there are that many extras. That would make for a great case I would say.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #249 (permalink)

Did I swoop in and save the day? Lol
Old 11-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Did I swoop in and save the day? Lol
You're my hero.