Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #251 (permalink)

I'm okay with the cap of automatic extra hits being at 1 for the base slot holder. However, I don't agree with any extra hits going in order of the base slot you had. Let's say the case has 1 extra hit and its in the last five boxes. Per the rules in the first post, it would go to me, but now that we are changing the rules, it goes to the base slot holder of the first five boxes. I'm not cool with that.

My suggestion would be to tweak army's suggestion by doing it like this: If there is an extra hit in a box, it first goes to the holder of the base slot of those five boxes. If that base slot holder already received an extra hit, then it goes to the base slot holder of the next five boxes that has not gotten an extra hit. Once all base slot holder have a hit, then the remainder can be randomed between all the participants.

For example, if there is an extra hit in box 2, it goes to bearsfannfl. If the next extra hit appears in box 12, it goes to haj20. If there is another extra hit in box 14, it goes to fitch123 because bearsfannfl already received a hit. Any remaining extra hits get randomed between the group.

Ultimately I think all the base slot holders need to agree with any changes to the original break rules.

Also, there is a typo in the original list, are we getting extra boxes too? haha

BASE/PARALLEL BOXES 1-5

bearsfannfl

BASE/PARALLEL BOXES 11-15

fitch123

BASE/PARALLEL BOXES 16-20

haj20
haj20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #252 (permalink)

S.U.I.Z.I.D. made that list. I didn't even notice that.

As far as the extra hit thing goes, I say we just do this - the first extra hit that gets pulled, regardless of the box, goes to bearsfanfl. The next one would go to fitch123. The next one would go to haj20. After that, any extra hits will go into the "random" pool.

Sound good?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #253 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haj20 View Post
I'm okay with the cap of automatic extra hits being at 1 for the base slot holder. However, I don't agree with any extra hits going in order of the base slot you had. Let's say the case has 1 extra hit and its in the last five boxes. Per the rules in the first post, it would go to me, but now that we are changing the rules, it goes to the base slot holder of the first five boxes. I'm not cool with that.

My suggestion would be to tweak army's suggestion by doing it like this: If there is an extra hit in a box, it first goes to the holder of the base slot of those five boxes. If that base slot holder already received an extra hit, then it goes to the base slot holder of the next five boxes that has not gotten an extra hit. Once all base slot holder have a hit, then the remainder can be randomed between all the participants.

For example, if there is an extra hit in box 2, it goes to bearsfannfl. If the next extra hit appears in box 12, it goes to haj20. If there is another extra hit in box 14, it goes to fitch123 because bearsfannfl already received a hit. Any remaining extra hits get randomed between the group.

Ultimately I think all the base slot holders need to agree with any changes to the original break rules.

Also, there is a typo in the original list, are we getting extra boxes too? haha

BASE/PARALLEL BOXES 1-5

bearsfannfl

BASE/PARALLEL BOXES 11-15

fitch123

BASE/PARALLEL BOXES 16-20

haj20
you are trying to make it more confusing then it is man...

If we are lucky enough to get the extra hits they will go to you guys and hopefully it will be in the first 3 boxes so all of this will be squashed with quick but your making it more confusing. If I read it correctly if say all the boxes have 3 hits besides the last 3 boxes then you should get the 1st extra hit since you had the base in those boxes? Well the reason why it was the way I said was because it was a hit list and you 3 at the end are getting the 1st 3 extra hits in order...if we would agree to your terms then the truthfully the whole list of people can argue that we can just keep the list as is and go right down the list with hits not by breaking up the hits by boxes. Then that way you 3 will get hits and base and then anything else (looking to be about 5 more hits aka almost 2 boxes) will be randomized between everyone

thats why i had it that way lol
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #254 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
S.U.I.Z.I.D. made that list. I didn't even notice that.

As far as the extra hit thing goes, I say we just do this - the first extra hit that gets pulled, regardless of the box, goes to bearsfanfl. The next one would go to fitch123. The next one would go to haj20. After that, any extra hits will go into the "random" pool.

Sound good?
Yeah I'm fine with a 1 hit cap, but how are we doing the hits? Are we going in order, or are we going on the basis of 3hits per box? Then taking all extra hits and pooling them into an end? O.O It seems most breaks have shown an AVERAGE now of 4 hits meaning we will end up with ~15 extra hits?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #255 (permalink)

I know what the host said in the beginning but man, I wish I could see it earlier.

Why, please explain, why do we still have to give any extra hits to base holders?

In the break, every participant should have a chance to get an extra hit via random.

I've been in many breaks and I've NEVER seen an extra hit given to base slot "because their spot sucks".

Kaj messed up here, that rule was idiotic. Sorry, I said it.

It's too late too bitch about it because he mentioned it in the rules.

However, if you guys decide to give 3 hits to base holders then according to "rules" ALL hits should be given to base holders.

Wow.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #256 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.U.I.Z.I.D. View Post
I know what the host said in the beginning but man, I wish I could see it earlier.

Why, please explain, why do we still have to give any extra hits to base holders?

In the break, every participant should have a chance to get an extra hit via random.

I've been in many breaks and I've NEVER seen an extra hit given to base slot "because their spot sucks".

However, if you guys decide to give 3 hits to base holders then according to "rules" ALL hits should be given to base holders.

Wow.
i, for one, agree with this. it's pretty much dead-on how i feel. i think many of us didnt focus on the rules on the extra hit (probably because we thought there would be 1 or 2, not 7 or 8), and now we're set on it. i understand it's our responsibility to make sure we know what we're getting into, but it doesnt change the fact that, in reality, the ones who paid the same will be getting an extra hit even though we were all in the same slot break for the same price. guess we'll just have to accept it SUIZID
Old 11-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #257 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.U.I.Z.I.D. View Post

Wow.
Wow. Rude much?

Every "by the hit" break I've ever been in has had "extra hits" go to the base holders. That was stated in the rules and everyone signed up and nobody bitched. Now that we are seeing there may be a ton of extra hits, everyone's getting super greedy about getting an extra Manu Ganobli jersey card.

Nobody anticipated a crapload of extra hits. Now that it looks like a distinct possibility, we are going to do what's most fair. The base slot holders will be taken care of first, since those are the original rules and were never disputed until recently, and any extra hits beyond 3 in the case will be randomed. How is that not fair?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #258 (permalink)

In almost every break ive been in the teams or spots that didnt get hits ALWAYS get 1st dibs on at least 1 hit then the rest are ALWAYS randomixed between the rest of the group

I think that the saying of ALL the extras go to the base slot holders was a MISTAKE because to think that they get more then 1 extra (unless they are lucky enough to get one in the randomization of the rest of extras) is just retarded....

On that note I have seen or talked to all the base slot holders and they are all ok with getting 1 of the extra hits and then randomize the rest.

This topic should be over with now and now we should be asking the question of where is our case and does the host have a tracking number lol
Old 11-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #259 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
Yeah I'm fine with a 1 hit cap, but how are we doing the hits? Are we going in order, or are we going on the basis of 3hits per box? Then taking all extra hits and pooling them into an end? O.O It seems most breaks have shown an AVERAGE now of 4 hits meaning we will end up with ~15 extra hits?
I've watched some breaks on youtube, and cruiserdaddy has broke almost an entire case on this board. It seems like the extra hits come in 1 out of every 3 boxes or so.

Let's say this happens:

Box 1
1st hit - Straw44
2nd hit - Gohansmy
3rd hit - Gohansmy
No extra hits in this box

Box 2
1st hit - hatcher
2nd hit - hatcher
3rd hit - hatcher
Extra hit - bearfanfl (1st base slot holder)

Box 3
1st hit - pikeman80
2nd hit - johnnyjohnny
3rd hit -pikeman80
extra hit - fitch123 (2nd base slot holder)

Box 4
1st hit - straw44
2nd hit - baberuth
3rd hit - boombaby
extra hit - haj20 (3rd base slot holder)

At that point, all 3 base slot holders would have their extra hit. From that point forward, all extra hits will be randomed between everyone in the break.

No one can disprove this isn't fair. The argument "Why should they get an extra hit when I paid the same amount?" is weak. Why should they not get a hit since they paid the same amount? It was the luck of the random.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #260 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow. Rude much?

Every "by the hit" break I've ever been in has had "extra hits" go to the base holders. That was stated in the rules and everyone signed up and nobody bitched. Now that we are seeing there may be a ton of extra hits, everyone's getting super greedy about getting an extra Manu Ganobli jersey card.

Nobody anticipated a crapload of extra hits. Now that it looks like a distinct possibility, we are going to do what's most fair. The base slot holders will be taken care of first, since those are the original rules and were never disputed until recently, and any extra hits beyond 3 in the case will be randomed. How is that not fair?
That was your mistake. You didn't anticipate extra hits, that is why you can't say "all extra hits go to base".

You already heard that guys want to get ALL extra hits. They do not want just 3 hits.

You want to stick to rules? You want to kiss ass of base slots? Fine by me.

Give all extra hits to base dudes. It was in rules and you should honor it.
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #261 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
In almost every break ive been in the teams or spots that didnt get hits ALWAYS get 1st dibs on at least 1 hit then the rest are ALWAYS randomixed between the rest of the group

I think that the saying of ALL the extras go to the base slot holders was a MISTAKE because to think that they get more then 1 extra (unless they are lucky enough to get one in the randomization of the rest of extras) is just retarded....

On that note I have seen or talked to all the base slot holders and they are all ok with getting 1 of the extra hits and then randomize the rest.

This topic should be over with now and now we should be asking the question of where is our case and does the host have a tracking number lol

Army, we're on the same wavelength here. If I had to do it over again, I just wouldn't have hosted. What a thankless headache.

As to your question in bold above, I'm wondering the same thing. My order is still showing as "processing" in my account. I know blowout usually ships around 2PM eastern (that's usually when I get my shipment notifications). If I don't here something soon, I'll send a message to admin and see what's going on.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #262 (permalink)

Lately the presales have taken a lot longer to get to the desination rather then on the release date...we know your on the west coast so it still will not get there for a few extra days ohhh well i hope the case is sick and we ALL are happy
Old 11-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #263 (permalink)

i would like to host a team break for the Timeless Treasures coming out. let's see how much interest there are out there. i dont mind dealing with the headaches if i get to crack open a whole case!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #264 (permalink)

SUIZID, please try hosting a break sometime. I've seen you be critical of several hosts of breaks you've been in.

The base holders are all fine with getting the one extra hit and then having everything else randomed. I don't know where you're seeing otherwise. Haj and fitch have both said it's okay to random everything beyond the three extra hits. You're just trying to stir up trouble.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #265 (permalink)

Ohhhh yeah and also to squash anything I am willing to buy all the base slots from you guys or possibly trade..lmk if interested
Old 11-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #266 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Lately the presales have taken a lot longer to get to the desination rather then on the release date...we know your on the west coast so it still will not get there for a few extra days ohhh well i hope the case is sick and we ALL are happy
Well, we got next-day shipping, so if it ships today it should be here tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #267 (permalink)

Quote:
I've watched some breaks on youtube, and cruiserdaddy has broke almost an entire case on this board. It seems like the extra hits come in 1 out of every 3 boxes or so.

Let's say this happens:

Box 1
1st hit - Straw44
2nd hit - Gohansmy
3rd hit - Gohansmy
No extra hits in this box

Box 2
1st hit - hatcher
2nd hit - hatcher
3rd hit - hatcher
Extra hit - bearfanfl (1st base slot holder)

Box 3
1st hit - pikeman80
2nd hit - johnnyjohnny
3rd hit -pikeman80
extra hit - fitch123 (2nd base slot holder)

Box 4
1st hit - straw44
2nd hit - baberuth
3rd hit - boombaby
extra hit - haj20 (3rd base slot holder)

At that point, all 3 base slot holders would have their extra hit. From that point forward, all extra hits will be randomed between everyone in the break.

No one can disprove this isn't fair. The argument "Why should they get an extra hit when I paid the same amount?" is weak. Why should they not get a hit since they paid the same amount? It was the luck of the random.
Army, does this scenario look fine?

I'm deferring to you because of your experience on the board and your level-headedness. Thanks for helping out buddy.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #268 (permalink)

Quote:
Army, does this scenario look fine?

I'm deferring to you because of your experience on the board and your level-headedness. Thanks for helping out buddy.
yes thats the way I was saying it needs to be done

thanks for trying to squash everything right away man
Old 11-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #269 (permalink)

Quote:
army, does this scenario look fine?

i agree haj and fitch being a base slot holder. This has gotten way out of control seems to be case in allot of gb's here recently.

Collecting Da Bears auto/patches
bearsfanfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #270 (permalink)

Cool, thanks Army.

Somebody used two bags of coffee in this morning's pot at work and I'm spun out on caffeine. Sorry if I got too worked up.

Good luck to everyone in the break. I just sent a message to Pat to see what's going on with our case.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #271 (permalink)

my personal box is only a couple states away! i am anxious about this case!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #272 (permalink)
Banned

Glad this got worked out, this is the most fair to everyone.

Now watch, there want be any extra hits and we went through this for nothing. Lol!!!!
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #273 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombaby_rm31 View Post
My slots are for sale if anyone is interested i got all 3rd hits which almost guarantee a rc auto based on some video breaks. Ktnxbye

pm sent. lmk
Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #274 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
Glad this got worked out, this is the most fair to everyone.

Now watch, there want be any extra hits and we went through this for nothing. Lol!!!!
That would be hilarious.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #275 (permalink)

Still no word on shipping. The order is still showing as "processing." I have PM'd Pat and sent an email to admin but no one has responded.