Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #176 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Case 1 of TC just showed up today Going to suck having to look at that thing every day for the next 2 months
Has any thought been made to open the cases as they come in (after payments are made) so that you have time to get them sorted and waiting for the other cases to arrive? Then instead of having 7 cases to sort, you would do that over 2 months. Just a thought, doesn't matter to me since you are doing all the work!!

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Old 10-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #177 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Has any thought been made to open the cases as they come in (after payments are made) so that you have time to get them sorted and waiting for the other cases to arrive? Then instead of having 7 cases to sort, you would do that over 2 months. Just a thought, doesn't matter to me since you are doing all the work!!
I considered that. Only problem then is having to sort everything and store it like that until the last case comes out. Up to you guys. If you want me to do it like that, we can.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #178 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Why couldnt we pay, random, and then open as they came in? Might not make a difference for TC b/c its been out for a bit now, but for those flipping it would be better if we ripped as the product comes out - plus a heck of alot easier for you to sort and send out as we go through them ...

Unless you think that would make shipping costs too high - but then I would think that would be balanced by smaller shipments as opposed to 7 cases worth of product in each shipment ...

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
Old 10-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #179 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
I considered that. Only problem then is having to sort everything and store it like that until the last case comes out. Up to you guys. If you want me to do it like that, we can.
Like I said, doesn't matter to me. Just thought it might be easier for you (except for the storage part).

Old 10-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #180 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Why couldnt we pay, random, and then open as they came in? Might not make a difference for TC b/c its been out for a bit now, but for those flipping it would be better if we ripped as the product comes out - plus a heck of alot easier for you to sort and send out as we go through them ...

Unless you think that would make shipping costs too high - but then I would think that would be balanced by smaller shipments as opposed to 7 cases worth of product in each shipment ...
This is what I was saying, except for shipping them out as he busts them. You're probably looking at $4 minimum per case shipping to each person compared to a flat rate box of $10.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #181 (permalink)

It would be cheapest to ship all together as I could likely slap them all into a large flat rate box and get everything to you for $13.xx. Now, we could always crack them as they come in and I send out the autos, refractors/parallels, etc. (on your dime of course ) and I could stash the base cards away until everything is done being opened.

Thoughts?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #182 (permalink)
Boo

Quote:
It would be cheapest to ship all together as I could likely slap them all into a large flat rate box and get everything to you for $13.xx. Now, we could always crack them as they come in and I send out the autos, refractors/parallels, etc. (on your dime of course ) and I could stash the base cards away until everything is done being opened.

Thoughts?
Or just send out if people want a specific card(s) fast. Like when you pull a few superfractors for me, I could pay you to send them out right away.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #183 (permalink)

I like the idea of ripping as they come in - shipping out select cards for those who want said cards on their dime ...

For example, should you pull me something real nice [doubtful ] and I felt like it was time sensitive that I got it listed to sell [assuming I was selling it] then you could ship it out to me for my 1.75 or whatever and then sometime in Jan/Feb I'd get all the base that I dont bother selling anyhow

Old 10-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #184 (permalink)

Wow this stuff is tanking seriously. It is down to $419 on BO I will see if it is on special tonight, and if not, I will jump on it as is.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #185 (permalink)

I vote for waiting. I think 1, its cheaper for shipping, 2 its just more fun to have a huge break, and 3 sticking to the original plan is always the best way to do things. I mean if the plan was to rip things as they were available, we could have done 6 seperate breaks. The whole point was to do it as a mega break. If people didn't want to wait, they should have been aware of what products were in this break from the beggining and realized that a wait was going to be nesscassary.

Last edited by romad97; 10-22-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad97 View Post
I vote for waiting. I think 1, its cheaper for shipping, 2 its just more fun to have a huge break, and 3 sticking to the original plan is always the best way to do things. I mean if the plan was to rip things as they were available, we could have done 6 seperate breaks. The whole point was to do it as a mega break. If people didn't want to wait, they should have been aware of what products were in this break from the beggining and realized that a wait was going to be nesscassary.
I agree with this opinion.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #187 (permalink)

I disagree. It's not as if all cases will be broken in 1 day anyway. It'll take that much longer to sort, ship and receive and by then cards will lose some flipping value for those who plan on doing that.

Plus the longer we wait, the diminished value topps chrome will have.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #188 (permalink)

Its not urgent to me one way or another, but it seems silly to just let a case or 2 sit there for almost 3 months

Old 10-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Its not urgent to me one way or another, but it seems silly to just let a case or 2 sit there for almost 3 months
Ok but once again, we all knew what product were in this break prior to signing up. If we wanted to break the ones that are available now, then why didn't we just set it up as 6 different breaks then. If people are worried about flipping value then they should have not signed up in the first place knowing that some of these products were not going to be out for a few months. Nowhere did it ever say that this was a break as they come in type of GB. I actually thought that we were going to lock all the prices in and that all the cases were going to be shipped once everything was payed for, I actually think I did read that somewhere in the first few pages of this thread. Had they did it that way and not already shipped a case then we wouldn't even be having this debate. Patience is a virtue.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #190 (permalink)

I'm not worried about flipping my cards and in no way do I need them right away...personally, if Patrick is willing to sort and store my cards until he ships them 3 months from now, then I don't see a problem with opening them now...if people want the cards immediately, they can discuss that with Patrick and pay separate shipping...but the bottom line is that the randomization and first break can't happen until everyone pays and we are nowhere near that happening
Old 10-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok but once again, we all knew what product were in this break prior to signing up. If we wanted to break the ones that are available now, then why didn't we just set it up as 6 different breaks then. If people are worried about flipping value then they should have not signed up in the first place knowing that some of these products were not going to be out for a few months. Nowhere did it ever say that this was a break as they come in type of GB. I actually thought that we were going to lock all the prices in and that all the cases were going to be shipped once everything was payed for, I actually think I did read that somewhere in the first few pages of this thread. Had they did it that way and not already shipped a case then we wouldn't even be having this debate. Patience is a virtue.

I know, I am not complaining about waiting - just saying I don't care if we do NOT wait. It makes no difference to me if we rip now, and as they come in, or if we wait until JAN. I do not see any benefit of waiting until JAN to rip them all however.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #192 (permalink)

And personally, I have a feeling that the anticipation for the randomizer will be more exciting than breaking a case of Topps Chrome...think about it, someone here will be getting 7 cases worth of Strasburg or Heyward or Stanton rookies...and thats awesome

Just like someone mentioned, if we wanted to do 6 smaller breaks, we could do them separately...this is huge because of the gamble involved with what team you get randomized...remember the 2010 Bowman break draft when Bowman was at its peak?!? The draft was the funnest part, the cards were almost an afterthought. I feel like the randomizer will be one of the best parts of this whole deal
Old 10-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiddy532 View Post
And personally, I have a feeling that the anticipation for the randomizer will be more exciting than breaking a case of Topps Chrome...think about it, someone here will be getting 7 cases worth of Strasburg or Heyward or Stanton rookies...and thats awesome

Just like someone mentioned, if we wanted to do 6 smaller breaks, we could do them separately...this is huge because of the gamble involved with what team you get randomized...remember the 2010 Bowman break draft when Bowman was at its peak?!? The draft was the funnest part, the cards were almost an afterthought. I feel like the randomizer will be one of the best parts of this whole deal
Agreed. If we random now and get a crappy team, thats just gonna drag out the misery for months knowing that we have a crappy team for several more boxes to come.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #194 (permalink)

I would like to get in on your backup list if possible. I would like one spot if it opens.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiddy532 View Post

I agree 100% getting a crappy team could make this painful. LOL but I love to gamble and that is why I do box breaks instead of just buying cards I want. Good luck all!

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Hailstone24/
Old 10-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #196 (permalink)

Doesn't really matter to me really since I'm not flipping, just giving my opinion why it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the chrome out of the way.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Case 1 of TC just showed up today Going to suck having to look at that thing every day for the next 2 months
good, maybe the 6-7 cases will take up enough of your time so that you won't have time to be bothered and feel the need to delete a FS/FT thread b/c of silly minor infractions such as bumping in under 24 hours.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #198 (permalink)

Or, you know, you could just follow the rules. Theres a novel idea.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
Or, you know, you could just follow the rules. Theres a novel idea.
x2, gotta love d-bags that think they are above the rules. Sigh.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #200 (permalink)

Just picked up the second case of TC. Should be here on Wed.

Keep sending in payments guys. Paid for these 2 cases outright and need some $$ to lock in the remaining 5.