Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 06:45 AM   #201 (permalink)

I say that you crack those cases as they come in...once all payments are received of course. That way it is less work for you when the better resale products come out like Platinum and hopefully gets the cards in everyone's hands quicker.

I would enjoy busting all this product but it is going to be a ton of work on the other end for Pat.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
Old 10-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #202 (permalink)

I think we should follow the break as it was set up. I don't think it is good business to set the break up, have everyone sign up, and have some people pay, and then change the rules of the break. Besides that, some people have already talked like they will not be able to pay until close to the end. Hmmm, maybe we should remove them from the list and replace them with people that can pay now, so we can bust the crappy Topps Chrome today! Just a thought.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #203 (permalink)

Fyi, not sure how much more difficult it'd be to run but I think it would be better to give everyone a random team in each case. It'd spur a lot more trading and then you won't get stuck with six cases worth of a bad team especially for $250+...
Old 10-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeer View Post
Fyi, not sure how much more difficult it'd be to run but I think it would be better to give everyone a random team in each case. It'd spur a lot more trading and then you won't get stuck with six cases worth of a bad team especially for $250+...
We covered this and it was shot down almost immediately...1 team, 7 cases, thats the gamble
Old 10-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmoot2 View Post
x2, gotta love d-bags that think they are above the rules. Sigh.
dang i am such a d-bag. guess i didnt realize that bumping a thread in under 24 hrs makes me a d-bag siiigh what a d-bag life i live, not reading thoroughly the rules of the forum... God forbid my computer crashes and my hobby life ends for bumping my thread without checking the clock. no wait, you guys are saying i did it on purpose, with the intention of breaking the rules and not that it was unintentional, oh that's right, cuz im a d-bag and above the rules. yep.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
dang i am such a d-bag. guess i didnt realize that bumping a thread in under 24 hrs makes me a d-bag siiigh what a d-bag life i live, not reading thoroughly the rules of the forum... God forbid my computer crashes and my hobby life ends for bumping my thread without checking the clock. no wait, you guys are saying i did it on purpose, with the intention of breaking the rules and not that it was unintentional, oh that's right, cuz im a d-bag and above the rules. yep.

Now you are not only a post bumper....But now a post bumping troll!!!

You came into this thread and made it a point to show your arse...you may be able to use ignorance as an excuse for most things in your life, but not here on Blowout, we are above that.

But Patrick...Whatever you decide about the break is fine with me, I know I don't want my cards until the end.

Last edited by thebear29; 10-23-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
Sounds about right to me.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #208 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I won't change the setup of the break unless everyone is on board with it. What was discussed was an option to consider as for flipping purposes, it is best to get everything out early. If everyone were to decide that it would be a good idea to open as they come in, we can do that. But if everyone isn't on board with that idea, we will wait.

Packattack - The rules are the rules. 99% of the people here follow them and don't have a problem with it. Your thread was bumped early in a fashion that isn't allowed under forum rules. Therefore, it was deleted.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #209 (permalink)
Banned

Pat, you get my pm?
Old 10-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #210 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Well my official vote [are we voting? ] stands as follows:

I am all for opening as they come in; I also do not mind if we wait until JAN to bust them all. So, essentially, its up to the rest of you

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
Old 10-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #211 (permalink)

My vote is I don't care how it is broken. But have to say for those that want to watch the break(s), it may be easier to do it in pieces rather than a full day(s) break in January.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:47 AM   #212 (permalink)

Didn't see it asked, but are we doing anything with the wrappers from the TC? And if so, how is that going to work?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #213 (permalink)

Don't know if anyone has brought this up... Can we trade teams between cases or is that too much work for you Pat?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
Didn't see it asked, but are we doing anything with the wrappers from the TC? And if so, how is that going to work?
I will be bogarting the wrappers and trying to hit a Heyward auto

Joking of course. The 2 cases of TC wrappers will be evenly distributed between the teams. Figure 19.2 per team, so every team will have at least 19 and a few will have 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmdecloth View Post
Don't know if anyone has brought this up... Can we trade teams between cases or is that too much work for you Pat?
Hadn't really thought about that. I'd suppose that it can be done. It might add a bit of time to my sorting, but shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #215 (permalink)

Ok, so with the second case of TC added, please send me an additional $14 (if you have paid, preferably as a gift so I don't catch the fees again). If you have not paid yet, I am updating the total price on the first post to include the additional $14.

Everyone will be getting a refund at the end once everything is paid for. With the prices on some of the products falling, the slot price will go down. So pending nothing increases, you should all get (hopefully) a $10 or so refund.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #216 (permalink)

Full payment ($259) just sent. Thanks Patrick
Old 10-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #217 (permalink)

remaining payment sent. Thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 12:06 AM   #218 (permalink)

Remaining payment sent. I forgot to put my username in the comments though.

I'd like to propose a random for the TC wrappers. 2 randoms, each gets one case worth. Can't send in 19 or 20 wrappers.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #219 (permalink)

Thanks to everyone that has paid. Keep them coming, we are getting closer and closer to that 11/15 deadline.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #220 (permalink)

Would it be too much trouble Patrick, to redeem the Chrome Wrappers for us and then include the hits from the packs in with the rest of our haul? Not sure what the added expense would be but since our other cases aren't getting cracked until January, this would be an added break for us all...let me know what you think
Old 10-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiddy532 View Post
Would it be too much trouble Patrick, to redeem the Chrome Wrappers for us and then include the hits from the packs in with the rest of our haul? Not sure what the added expense would be but since our other cases aren't getting cracked until January, this would be an added break for us all...let me know what you think
Probably not a good idea. Who knows how long Topps is going to drag their feet on getting these things done and sent out. I don't want to be sending out stuff for this break 8 months from now when Topps decides to send out the sets. That and with there being an odd number of wrappers per slot, I don't know how I would break things up. Probably better to send out the 19.2 wrappers per slot and let you guys buy 4/5 packs from your LCS/BO to get a full set of the mail in cards.

Second case of Topps Chrome has arrived. It is marked as such and will join its brother in the corner of my room waiting for the break.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Probably not a good idea. Who knows how long Topps is going to drag their feet on getting these things done and sent out. I don't want to be sending out stuff for this break 8 months from now when Topps decides to send out the sets. That and with there being an odd number of wrappers per slot, I don't know how I would break things up. Probably better to send out the 19.2 wrappers per slot and let you guys buy 4/5 packs from your LCS/BO to get a full set of the mail in cards.

Second case of Topps Chrome has arrived. It is marked as such and will join its brother in the corner of my room waiting for the break.
Fair enough...lets get this thing paid folks! Randomization and 2 cases of chrome await!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #223 (permalink)

Payment sent. This break is gonna be epic, can't wait.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #224 (permalink)

Please put me down for a back up spot.

Will Paypal quickly if I get in.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #225 (permalink)

Just curious if BDPP has been locked in already. If not, it is really low, about $50 dollars less than the original price prediction. Also, Platinum is about $125 cheaper, Sterling about $30, and EEE about $150. This looks like a decent savings.
Closed Thread