Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > CONTEST!

CONTEST! POST YOUR BEST BOX/CASE PULLS HERE!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Smile 2008 Donruss Classics box

whovrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't understand why this is posted in two different sections. What's it in contest for?
Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe_halsey View Post
I don't understand why this is posted in two different sections. What's it in contest for?
blowout WAS running a contest where you post your best pull and at the time, they were going to give a prize to a 'random' best pull (if i remember correctly)... they did it once (was supposed to be once every quarter), but haven't done it since
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

You might want to clarify that CAPTAIN. Blowout was running a contest for the best pulls OUT OF BOXES PURCHASED FROM BLOWOUT. But yes, they haven't had a prize winner in awhile.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'll post it in baseball and basketball if I want, what's it to you?

I collect cards, and I think this is hands down the greatest pull I have ever gotten in my LIFE!

I'm sure you are one of those, box break ebay collectors so you can't understand how someone might get excited by their hobby, you just heard there was money in it sometimes, so go run around and look for your mcfadden jersey and when you find it you can be happy to know you got your money back on that box!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whovrr View Post

I collect cards, and I think this is hands down the greatest pull I have ever gotten in my LIFE!

I'm sure you are one of those, box break ebay collectors so you can't understand how someone might get excited by their hobby, you just heard there was money in it sometimes, so go run around and look for your mcfadden jersey and when you find it you can be happy to know you got your money back on that box!
Man.......you're picking the wrong place to pick a fight. I think he was just asking why there was a duplicate post. No need to make a smart comment.
csun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

Oh my goodness. CSUN has it exactly right. I saw the picture in back to back posts and no on ever likes when someone double posts their breaks or comments so I asked a question. Since I've been here, I've not once seen anything about a contest to give away anything for the "greatest pull" so I asked about it. Congrats on the pull, it's a sweet card, but don't go jumping off a cliff when I try to save you some face with the senior board members for double posting. As your 7th or something post you shouldn't go calling anyone out. As for being some cheapo collector, I'm pretty sure I've established some decent cred on this board through trades, break, etc. So thanks for thinking of me, and just so you know this is the first time I've had to respond to a stupid comment directed at me personally and I don't plan on doing it anymore.

Last edited by gabe_halsey; 08-30-2008 at 01:14 PM.
gabe_halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

LOL WOW! might as well pack up your things and move on to another board... no one is going to want to deal with you with that kind of attitude.

f'in doosh.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

And By The Way I've Seen Better Pulls
Old 08-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
And By The Way I've Seen Better Pulls
Amen. I've had one or two better myself.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:

I've found a new favorite picture, but will save it for the next ridiculous post/new guy.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:44 AM   #12 (permalink)

there all pointing at your avatar though Patrick lol

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:06 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

SHHH!!! I couldn't get them to point straight up.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csun22 View Post
Man.......you're picking the wrong place to pick a fight. I think he was just asking why there was a duplicate post. No need to make a smart comment.
There in two different boards, so I don't see how it's a duplicate post! It's just the same card in two places.

As far as no one wanting to deal with me. I am not here to trade, buy, or make friends. I post my pulls when i buy a box or case (very rarely as I am a unemployed college kid). I enjoy looking at peoples scans (there are some nice looking cards out there), b/c I enjoy collecting.

As far as CSUN (i believe was your name) I appologize for being harsh and generilizing, but almost every card collector site with a message board there are about 90% of the people there that's average post is ______ box break.
All cards will be on ebay, click on my link (something to that extent, with different variations from person to person). I personally think these people are ruining my hobby, driving down value, while driving up prices. Even if you break even on a box of cards, $125 bucks for 18 packs of 4 is darn near ridiculous. These people that are only in it for the quick buck make me mad enough that sometimes i spout off w/o thinking.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

so.... since you aren't here to trade, buy or make friends is it okay if i put you on ignore?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
so.... since you aren't here to trade, buy or make friends is it okay if i put you on ignore?
If that is what you want to do, again, I post here so that people like me, that can't afford to buy $125+ boxes of cards everyother week can't get some joy out of seeing others' breaks. I enjoy looking at some of the better cards out there, and it helps me see what to not waste my money on (terrible looking sets), like Stadium Club (in my opinion). You can block/ignore whomever you want as far as I am concerned. It's a free country!