Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > CONTEST!

CONTEST! POST YOUR BEST BOX/CASE PULLS HERE!!

View Poll Results: Which card should win Blowout Cards Best Pull for the month of October 2011?
2011 Topps Triple Threads Baseball Pujols All star patches booklet 1/1 18 10.71%
2011 Topps Triple Threads Baseball Pac-Man White Whale auto 1/1 10 5.95%
John F Kennedy Cut Auto 1/1 From Sport Kings C 76 45.24%
2011 Bowman Chrome Manny Banuelos Superfractor AUTO 52 30.95%
2011 leaf sport icons tris speaker 1/1 AUTO 12 7.14%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default POLL - Blowout Cards Best Pull Contest: October 2011 (CLOSED)

Similar to last Month, We're going to let you guys decide who the winner should be!

October "Pull of the Month" Winner will receive:

2006 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects Baseball Hobby Box
compliments of Blowoutcards.com
$60+ Value!

Check out the BIG PULLS you can hit from 2006 Bowman Draft Baseball!

Please vote for who you think the winner of the Blowoutcards Best Pulls: September Contest should be! (Poll will be live for exactly 1 week from today)

Here are your choices!

1. 2011 Topps Triple Threads Baseball Pujols All star patches booklet 1/1
2011 Topps Triple Threads Baseball Pac-Man White Whale auto 1/1
John F Kennedy Cut Auto 1/1 From Sport Kings C
2011 Bowman Chrome Manny Banuelos Superfractor AUTO
2011 leaf sport icons tris speaker 1/1 AUTO

Visit the Best Pulls Contest Entry Page to see pics of all the October Best Pulls!

We will Officially Announce the Winner on November 10, 2011!

Last edited by blowoutcards; 11-01-2011 at 10:42 AM.
blowoutcards2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

JFK has to win again!

Collection Bucket: http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/dachman/James%20Starks%20PC/
Busting Packs PC Profile: http://www.bustingpacks.com/pc-profile/james-starks
dachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

manny banuelos!!!!!
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Inactive Account

How often does a sick superfractor get pulled on BO? That means it's gotta be MANBAN!
wscws2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

That Tris Speaker Cut Signature getting 4 votes is laughable.

That is probably the best card on there if not the second best.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Laila Ali
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I voted for the Banuelos Superfractor auto.

Yes, I am biased, but I think it deserves to win.

I understand that the JFK is a rare auto of a popular and deceased president. However, a JFK won last month already. Plus, the card was not cut professionally at all. It looks horrible the way that the window was opened with a steak knife or whatever.

I think that BO may consider creating first, second, and third place prizes. There are several benefits:
  1. The popularity of this contest is already high and would only grow with the inclusion of second and third place.
  2. Many people get intimidated by the "clear winner" and therefore do not submit a card. I know that last month I wasn't going to submit the Ichiro canary because there was already a JFK cut.
  3. More people will feel they have a chance and therefore the submissions will increase. They will think, "Maybe I won't win but third place would be nice."
  4. It will give voters the opportunity to vote for more than one card (if you allowed it). The Tris Speaker would have more votes if that were the case.
Just a few opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
That Tris Speaker Cut Signature getting 4 votes is laughable.

That is probably the best card on there if not the second best.
You are right - except that the placement of the auto is bad. Maybe they had no choice, but it just looks bad.

Plus, if it is the second best, you only get 1 vote. So it makes sense.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Here are the 5 cards so people won't have to search for them:

Old 11-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I voted for the Banuelos Superfractor auto.

Yes, I am biased, but I think it deserves to win.

I understand that the JFK is a rare auto of a popular and deceased president. However, a JFK won last month already. Plus, the card was not cut professionally at all. It looks horrible the way that the window was opened with a steak knife or whatever.
At least you admit you are biased.

It shouldn't matter that a "different" JFK cut auto won last month. This contest is to decide what is the best pull "this month".

I didn't realize this was a contest on card grading. I thought it was a contest on the best card pulled. I happen to like the custom frame SK placed around that cut signature. If only every card company did that...imagine all the cut autos that would be saved from the butcher.

The JFK looking horrible is just your opinion. I think it's a great looking example of a JFK cut auto. It's probably the best looking JFK cut auto that has ever been put into a card. I have never seen a better one.

The Manny super is a nice card, no doubt, but from a future perspective...the JFK will only go up in value. It will be a long time before the Manny ever reaches legendary JFK, or Tris Speaker for that matter, status.

Hands down, the JFK and Tris Speaker are both legendary cards. The Manny just happens to be the "flavor of the month", so to speak. It's definitely not a legendary card yet. Maybe one day, but not this day.

Best of luck to all contestants. May the best card win.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

I found this on Twitter, and thought it was pretty funny:

Vote for the Manny Banuelos Superfractor!
Sent Thursday, November 3, 2011
Hey guys,

Last month our Ichiro canary 1/1 was beaten in the Best Pulls Contest at Blowout Cards by a JFK cut auto. I didn't like that a non-sports card won, but whatever. I mean, it IS pretty rare and expensive...

So this month we have pulled the Manny Banuelos Superfractor AUTO! And again another JFK cut auto is currently winning the voting - but not by much. The JFK looks like it was cut by hand - the card is that ugly!

So, I think the Manny Banuelos Superfractor should get more attention.

POLL - Blowout Cards Best Pull Contest: October 2011 <-- vote here

I do NOT keep the winnings - it becomes another break that is split between everyone in the break that the card was pulled!

So, let's see how much voting power our club wields. Is it enough to topple a President? haha

Houdini

I didn't realize we were voting for an Ichiro Canery 1/1 last month.

Is that what one must do to win this contest on Blowout...by soliciting votes on Twitter?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I found this on Twitter, and thought it was pretty funny: (edited)

I didn't realize we were voting for an Ichiro Canery 1/1 last month.

Is that what one must do to win this contest on Blowout...by soliciting votes on Twitter?
Of course! It was a club pull and that was a club communication.

I wasn't demanding a vote for the Banuelos - I am sure many people voted for other cards. Of course I biased it towards my club, they have a stake in the result.

It is a contest with a vote - why wouldn't I get the word out?

If the Banuelos wins, everyone in that break shares the prize. I unashamedly promote my club and its best interests. Why wouldn't I?

And you are wrong about that JFK, it is a 1 of 1 - if the company cared about the card they would have realized what a bad job it was and started again. Just because Topps, Pannini, et al. probably would have done it just as poorly isn't a justification. They cut the window, saw it was crap, and packaged it anyway.

Now, to be fair, if my club had pulled the JFK, I would have made a COMPLETELY different twitter message. No doubt. (That hackjob on the window would have somehow added character or something.)

Not EVERY post that has any relation to a Sportsking card has to get personal. ...is what one must do to win this contest? haha

EDIT: I posted the Ichiro Canary last month, the JFK auto won. I did not say you were voting for anything. Sorry if that was confusing.

Last edited by houdini; 11-03-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Of course! It was a club pull and that was a club communication.

I wasn't demanding a vote for the Banuelos - I am sure many people voted for other cards. Of course I biased it towards my club, they have a stake in the result.

It is a contest with a vote - why wouldn't I get the word out?

If the Banuelos wins, everyone in that break shares the prize. I unashamedly promote my club and its best interests. Why wouldn't I?

And you are wrong about that JFK, it is a 1 of 1 - if the company cared about the card they would have realized what a bad job it was and started again. Just because Topps, Pannini, et al. probably would have done it just as poorly isn't a justification. They cut the window, saw it was crap, and packaged it anyway.

Now, to be fair, if my club had pulled the JFK, I would have made a COMPLETELY different twitter message. No doubt. (That hackjob on the window would have somehow added character or something.)

Not EVERY post that has any relation to a Sportsking card has to get personal. ...is what one must do to win this contest? haha

EDIT: I posted the Ichiro Canary last month, the JFK auto won. I did not say you were voting for anything. Sorry if that was confusing.
Where in this thread...

Best pulls contest: SEPTEMBER 2011

...did you post anything even closely resembling an Ichiro Canary card? Did your post get deleted?

Don't be sorry you are confusing, just be honest.

Furthermore, I see where you stated you opened 12 cases in order to pull that Manny Super card. Here's the quote:

I don’t mean to brag, BUT…

I PULLED 2 SUPERFRACTORS!

Granted, I opened 12 cases, but still the odds were against pulling any superfractor at all.

My question to you is...Did your order number 141763 from Blowout include these 12 cases? It might have. I honestly have no idea, but I am curious since I can't find anything about you entering an Ichiro Canary last month that was beaten out by a JFK cut. It makes me wonder if you're stretching the truth again just a bit.

Lastly, I am not "wrong" regarding that JFK cut, and it is more valuable than your Manny card. If you want to prove me wrong concerning the value, why not share with us the highest offer you have for your card.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Ouch - you are right about the Ichiro. My apologies. It was the Hank Aaron and Pacquiao that I posted last month.

The Ichiro was pulled this month - and I did not post it because the JFK was posted. My mistake. You can see it here: 2011 Topps Finest Baseball Hit Draft Break - CFBIV - Multiple Cases

I am troubled by how you have taken this so personal and made it an attack on my character. It is your right to do so though.

Quote:
My question to you is...Did your order number 141763 from Blowout include these 12 cases? It might have. I honestly have no idea, but I am curious since I can't find anything about you entering an Ichiro Canary last month that was beaten out by a JFK cut. It makes me wonder if you're stretching the truth again just a bit.
Well, I am sure you can just send a formal complaint to BO and have them run an investigation.

There were about 60 people watching the break live, but they could all be liars too.

Quote:
Lastly, I am not "wrong" regarding that JFK cut, and it is more valuable than your Manny card. If you want to prove me wrong concerning the value, why not share with us the highest offer you have for your card.
Again, it's not my card. Were this the most valuable card contest it might even matter.

I will concede all your points and call you the winner. I am ok with that. Had I known that this contest meant so much to you or that you would go to these lengths, I would not have entered it.

Thanks to everyone who has voted for the Banuelos Superfractor.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I will concede all your points and call you the winner. I am ok with that. Had I known that this contest meant so much to you or that you would go to these lengths, I would not have entered it.
I didn't pull any of these cards. I only "went to these lengths" because of your harshness in saying how "ugly" the JFK card is when it's one of the,(if not THE), nicest examples ever produced.

I guess the old saying, "if you haven't got something good to say, don't say anything", probably should have been applied.

Good luck with your "group's" Manny card as well as all 4 other contestants' cards. May the best card win.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I didn't pull any of these cards. I only "went to these lengths" because of your harshness in saying how "ugly" the JFK card is when it's one of the,(if not THE), nicest examples ever produced.

I guess the old saying, "if you haven't got something good to say, don't say anything", probably should have been applied.

Good luck with your "group's" Manny card as well as all 4 other contestants' cards. May the best card win.
Thank you. (I was only calling it ugly because I want the Manny to win - if I had pulled it, it would've been the most beautiful card I had ever seen.)

Here is a link to the club break. You can see the order # in the OP. It says 6 cases in the title, but there was such a huge response that I doubled it - hence the 12 cases.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/a...ce-harper.html

Here is a link to the actual video of the pull (not a recap but the actual pack being opened): (skip to 6:40) sorry for the language

Manny Banuelos SuperFractor auto 2011 Bowman Chrome case 11 group break box 4-5, http://www.baseballcardcollectors.net http://www.blowoutcards.com @cheap...

Here is a link to all the raw videos on ustream:

Cheap Fun Baseball Card Breaks on USTREAM: Baseball box and case breaker from blowout cards forums and http://www.baseballcardcollectors.net.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

I like the manny because it is the rarest card, the others can and will all be replicated
Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricefan77 View Post
I like the manny because it is the rarest card, the others can and will all be replicated
How so?

Is not that same pose by Manny on hundreds of cards? Looks like "replication" to me, and to a large extent.

Aren't there hundreds of Manny autos already on the market? If not, won't there be thousands if he is worthy? You're never going to see that many JFK autos. While Manny's will become more plentiful, they won't be making any more Speaker or JFK autos.

There is no other card that even remotely resembles that JFK card. There aren't any cut autos in cards that look like it that I am aware of, nor any cards that look similar, unlike that Manny super. There are no colored variations of that JFK.

The Manny super is a nice card. I just don't see it as being the rarest of the 5 in this contest, even though it is a 1/1 like the others. It just has too many similar cards.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

You know it is a good month...

When my tris speaker is in last place..

Everybody likes different things...

Last edited by kyle1707; 11-04-2011 at 09:48 AM.
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

Voted for Manny!
The700Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

Didn't think things would get ugly over a box of 2006 BDPP

JFK cut wins every time

Collection Bucket: http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/dachman/James%20Starks%20PC/
Busting Packs PC Profile: http://www.bustingpacks.com/pc-profile/james-starks
dachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:02 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
You know it is a good month...

When my tris speaker is in last place..

Everybody like different things...
Yeah, pretty ridiculous.

JFK is an incredible looking card and undoubtedly one of the nicest cut autos I have ever seen. I will admit that the cut window is a little rough, but so what? I am all for voting for sports cards of sports legends winning, Tris Speaker should be #1, oh well.

The Pujols looks beautiful (one of the nicest patches I've seen), Tris Speaker is legendary (must admit cut placement is a little off), JFK is an incredible card (just not my thing) and Banuelos Superfractor has that modern hype attachment to it (Proven>hype).

Meh, whatever. It's a $60 box and the "Best Pull" designation means nothing. Any of these cards would be drool worthy for any collector's PC.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
Meh, whatever. It's a $60 box and the "Best Pull" designation means nothing. Any of these cards would be drool worthy for any collector's PC.
How dare you be sensible! Good points. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:51 AM   #22 (permalink)

Sick JFK Cut - imo one of the cleanest and rarest cut autos of a president/ person of this level of prominence and relevance for the world history I have ever seen and probably ever made. Huge congrats again!
baskettrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:05 AM   #23 (permalink)

It is all in fun... I don't care if i win that box

it is just fun to see and vote for big hits ...

Great drama every month...

If i had to choose 1 card for my PC

the order would be

JFK
Speaker
Pujols
Pac man
Super fractor of a minor leaguer

I mean how many people if given the choice would really pick that card for there PC over a jfk auto?

Sorry that whole thing Wheels dug up is just funny on the voting...
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #24 (permalink)

It's ridiculous that a superfractor of an over-hyped Yankees prospect is getting so many votes. Just goes to show how crazy large the Chrome-head collectors base is. JFK's importance in our society as a whole transcends sports, so yeah, he wins every month. The best sports legend of the bunch coming last in the vote is also a crime. I would have to agree with Kyle on the voting preference, although I may switch Pujols with Pacquiao.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I like all of these cards. I personally would not keep any of them except the Tris Speaker or the Pujols in my personal collection though.

It was some good detective work finding my tweet - I fully admit that. I was hiding it on twitter.

It is all in good fun. Other than the character attacks, I don't mind the give and take. You all have my full respect.

Sincere congrats to the winner and all 5 card owners. (I pulled the Banuelos, but do not own it.)

Last edited by houdini; 11-06-2011 at 02:28 AM.