Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > CONTEST!

CONTEST! POST YOUR BEST BOX/CASE PULLS HERE!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Contest: Tell us your positive experience!

On the cusp of my 1,100th post I figure I give away a card + a $25 Blowout gift card

Let's end 2012 on a positive note!!

Let's here your positive experience on Blowout forum.
- Do you have a great sale story? trade story? buy story?
- Did another member go above and beyond in a nice way for you?
- Did another member prove to you that nice folks still exist in this hobby?

You get the idea, post up your best positive experience of 2012 on BO!!

I will pick the top 5 stories, then I will make a poll and let the forum decide who gets the free card + $25 gift card from Blowout.

Contest starts 12/31/2012
Contest ends 1/11/2013 (12 days)
Poll with top 5 will go up as soon as I read all entires.
Poll will be up for 1 week
Winner gets free card + $25 gift cert from Blowout Cards

Free card:

Last edited by KB81; 12-31-2012 at 02:53 PM.
KB81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

This looks awesome.

I think a big part of my positive experience here on Blowout is the giving nature of so many members (I like to include myself here). Whether with contests, free throw in cards, or just giving out freebies without demanding attention. There are A LOT of people on BO that do this for the sake of giving and helping another out, and the few bad apples like Haiku take the attention away from that.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awesome prize. BTW i think you mean your 1,000th post instead of your 2,000th post.

I think i will just start by saying that when i first started my membership here on BO, i was hooked. In particular i was obsessed with the B/S/T section. I had never put much time or money into my Hanley Ramirez PC, but when i came here, there was so much to choose from. You see i used to only be on Youtube, so it was amazing when all of the cards that people wanted to trade or sell were in one place. I used the "Search Forum" tab to help build my Hanley PC. What i am trying to say is that Blowout has enhanced my experience with the hobby. It has made everything so much easier and better. Thank you Blowout!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

fixed!
ha ha, good eye
Old 12-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

some person this month pmed me a code for a redemption for a triple relic autograph from marquee of billy butler. it was really kind of them. and it is like a 30 dollar card for free. that's my positive experience.
r0yals2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Awesome!

Earlier this year, I was spending a lot of cash on high end Harpers. 1/1s, ect. I made a thread about getting a steal on a 2011 Topps Bryce Harper SP. People were saying how "oh thats not a steal!" so then I told them all that I bought a red /5 and the gold ink 1/1 of him. All the haters were haten' on me:

Harper STEAL!

Then a few nice people such at king taco came out and spoke for me, telling the big meanies who I am

It turned around and then people were complamenting me, and it felt good that people believed me and trusted what I said. Then it came!

Bryce Harper Mailday

Pretty good what heppened to me, and that we can all be a part in a fight agains bullies
ttmtrader101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Awesome idea hosting this contest! It'll show the good that's on this forum!

I had a pleasure for the most part on this forum for the short few months I have been on. While 98% of the members were VERY, VERY good hearted, there were a few bad apples to ruin the batch, a la Haiku. I kind of felt acknowledging those bad apples takes away the shine from awesome members, such as excel_b, Ooosh, te23 etc. you get the idea. One member I want to give some recognition to is te23. He and his son really stood out to me with their generosity. His son is 11, and had the idea to pay it forward and make team lots to give out on the forum, because of the generosity he's exerienced here. And this is from an 11 year old. His said his son was going to spend his own allowance to ship them out. I got the Patriots lot, and am very excited to recieve them. Just a class act. That proved to me that the future collectors will still have a lot of good in them, and that we have that to look forward to.

Thanks for the contest, again, awesome idea, congrats to whoever wins, and have a wonderful new year everyone!
KyGuy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

- Do you have a great sale story? trade story? buy story? Yes I do. I purchased a sick Pat White card off a member for 10 bucks. Well I recieve the card and I tell him I got it and thank you. He said glad I got it another member (the biggest pat white fan i know) was wanting it. And I contacted him saying it and he told me that he was going to buy it so me and him worked out a deal and now I know it is in probably the best place it can be.
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have only been a member of the site for a few months now but I am very happy with all of the transactions I have made here since joining. The main purpose for me joining this site was to Help other Nonsports collectors add to their PC and Hopefully add to my PC at the same time. I have made several trades and have added over 10 PC cards to my collection in the short time that I have been a member here. I am up to 3 Total trades with 1 member in particular since joining and he is a great guy. Shoutout to a great member and an asset to the site... Ricksam!
dannyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Keep em coming guys
Old 01-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

I have a story that falls into a couple of your categories. Both GREAT trade stories and ALSO very much proved that great, nice people do exist in this hobby.

When I first joined this site, I introduced myself in the New Members forum. I told my story of who I am, where I am from, how long I have been collecting etc etc. I also mentioned my goals of one day FINALLY pulling or owning in one way or another my first Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre auto cards. I told a brief story of my former card collection either being stolen or destroyed by a very devilish person.

I was pleasantly surprised to see 2 PMs from two members who I will not name at this moment. One freely offered to send me some Green Bay Packers cards (which I PC, and they are my favorite team.) He even hinted that there may be relic or auto cards. I offered him a Demarco Murray RC that was the one and only card that I owned that he PCs.

The second offered me some cards freely as well, but would not allow me to send him anything in return. He told me he had too many cards as it was and I was doing him a favor in taking the cards he was offering.

Well, the cards came and I was TOTALLY blown away. SO many awesome Packers cards. All kinds of Aaron Rodgers among others. Even a Brian Brohm relic card! I was VERY stoked! I could never imagine this happening to me...I knew I would trade once I got on this site but I never thought one person, let alone two would offer me Packers cards for nothing.

So, in closing I gave up a DeMarco Murray card for a BUNCH of PC Packers cards including a relic. This has inspired me to "pay it forward" as best I can. I want to be able to put together a nice lot of cards of certain teams so that I can offer some people something nice for their own PCs.

I am currently putting together team lots to send out to fellow members, though I am on a budget and cannot build these lots very fast. I hope to give more people the same kind of warm welcome that I got!

--Rob.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

I always recall the time VWBUS sent me a package filled with STL Cardinals autos and jersey cards when I (unfortunately) drew the Astros in a Tier 1 group break. Really cool of him to do.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #13 (permalink)

One day after getting back from bombing my chemistry test, I logged onto my account to see a pm from a fellow Blowoutcard member, who is also a Sportscardsforum member. He thanked me for referring him to Blowoutcards to trade and deal more cards since Sportscardsforum was down and lowly used in the sportscards world at the time. Thus, he asked for my address so he could surprise me with some free cards! A week later, i opened my mail box at the dorm to find out a huge box. The box consisted of many houston rockets cards, up to 200 rcs, base, inserts, and an Hakeem Olajuwon 1/1 autograph! Thus, i'm greatly thankful for this member's kind act and it proves to us that there are still kind and generous people in the world.
dwighthoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

I made a trade a while ago with dbrookerd. His daughter collects alcides Escobar and I had a triple threads wood 1/1 auto of him. He gave up some of his nice PC Cards so he could get his daughter the best Christmas present for her collection. That's my experience. Thanks a lot of the contest
-----> SCB's Draft 10 Caser:
MikeWilliamsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:20 AM   #15 (permalink)

Mine has to be with several members, some I left feedback a dew I didnt because they did not wish to be named......But I wanted to get my son a few cards for his stocking stuffers and had limited paypal, I let the members no this and several guys donated cards to my sons PC and cut AMAZING deals on other........In total I think my son received a total of 150 + PC cards and not just base cards autos and cards numbered under 50........I was glad to see some people still are in it for the hobby and not money........there is one member I will not name because he specifically asked not be that I would give these items to

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

ricksam... one of the best trading experiences I've ever had on this forum. A few weeks ago, we spent almost an entire Saturday working a deal. Never felt like we were haggling or trying to beat each other down, just simply working a deal. We ended up trading multiple cards on both ends. Friendly, cordial, and fun... the way trading should be.

My very best trading experience.... I won't mention his name or the specifics of the deal (unless he doesn't mind being mentioned) but a certain Atlanta fan gave me an amazing deal with very generous payment options. In the half-year since we made the deal, I would dare say we've become 'friends' of sorts, even though we've never formally met. We send each other boxes (yes, boxes, not just bubble envelopes) of each others' respective teams and players back and forth, email to BS about cards and life in general, even exchange Christmas cards. Solid guy. Great guy.

Both the baseball card and BO gift card go to him if I'm picked.

bucket - http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/SquirrelyThings/library
Super8er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

I bought a box of Topps Triple Threads a couple months back. I saved up to finally buy a high end box. When it showed up the box was destroyed. Looked like it went through a grinder. I emailed blowout cards and they sent me a replacement box the next day. The customer service was great. All emails were replied to and I was even sent a follow up to make sure the new box was in good shape. In a time when some people won't give us you the time of day, blowout cards went the extra mile to make sure I got what I paid for. Thanks again!!!!
njufreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Im gonna be straight honest i can NOT narrow it down to one as ive be blessed and thankful to have met so many GREAT members here that have made my PC(1 player) grow like crazy!!! So with that being said i just cant say one person as i can barely narrow it down to 6!!! Love the contest and gd luck to everyone!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #19 (permalink)

Hey everyone, not many know my story. But I figured this would be a good time to tell it in an effort to thank those for helping me get back into the hobby.

Growing up, im 27 now, I have always been a huge Braves fan. When I was living in Atlanta for 8 years and even when I was thousand miles away in Alaska or overseas in Iraq. Naturally during my youth I had binders full of cards. All sports, all teams. Even had cabbage patch kid cards! When I joined the Army in 2005 that was one of the things I took with me to my first duty station in Alaska, my cards collection. When I returned back from my second deployment in 2009, my buddies and I, whom I shared a storage unit with, discovered it had been broken into. Among many things stolen from the unit was my card collection. I was devastated and just plain mad. I hadnt bought a card since that day till August last year. Thanks to my wife who reminded me the joy that I got from the hobby. I then decided I was going to stick to one sport, one team. With a 2yr old and a wife being priority numbers 1 and 2 I couldnt go spending bookoo bucks on cards anymore. Topps Chrome had always been my favorite product, and after seeing forum member VThokies 2011 Braves team rainbow project I decided to start one of my own. All 12 players from the Braves in the 2012 topps chrome product from base to Super. I have a thread dedicated to it and have also just completed a display board to hang on my wall in my office displaying the hopeful rainbows to be. The real positive experience in this has been the help of forum members in my rainbow quest. A couple members pointed me in the right direction in finding the owner of the Tyler Pastornicky Superfractor to complete one of my 12 rainbows. I contacted Chris from cards infinity who actually posted the video of the card being pulled. He then contacted Ethan, and without me knowing, told him the story of my collection being stolen. I then got an email from Ethan saying thank you for my service and that he would mail me the Pastornicky as a thanks and to get my collection rolling again. I was and still am blown away by his generosity. I have never owned a true 1/1 and am truely grateful. Cant wait to recieve the card and put it on my display. So thanks to the three Forum members who helped, Chris at infinity and Ethan for the card. If I am to win this contest the 25$ and card will be given in appreciation to those who have helped. Glad I got to tell my story!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

awesome posts guys
keep em coming

Contest starts 12/31/2012
Contest ends 1/11/2013 (12 days)
Poll with top 5 will go up as soon as I read all entires.
Poll will be up for 1 week
Winner gets free card + $25 gift cert from Blowout Cards
Old 01-13-2013, 01:53 AM   #21 (permalink)

Contest has ended.

I will read all entries and pick best five stories.
I will then put up a seperate thread with top 5 with a poll and let the forum users pick the winner.
Poll will be up for 1 week starting Monday Jan 14th.

Thx for playing guys!!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

Link to poll thread:

Pick a winner!

Good luck to all and thx for participating!