Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mharm2k6
Angry Help Please!? Seller Restriction.

Hi, I don't sell a lot on ebay, but on occasion I'll stop procrastinating and eventually list something. Well today I went to revise a listing (drop the price on a couple things), and I got this "reminder":

...I have been selling since April or sometime around there, and never had this come up... From what I was able to figure from google this is usually done to accounts that got a negative or new sellers. I am neither. My account is in good standing, both PayPal and Ebay Verified (for what that's worth)... and relatively good DSR's.

So my question to you guys that are more experienced sellers on ebay, any idea why this would come up now? And how on earth do I get rid of it... if I have to sell <10 things a month for 3 months or something like that I'm screwed. I am strapped for cash and have dozens of things that need to go up before Christmas (legos, cards, art prints, memorabilia, etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-M

EDIT:** If you want to check my recent feedbacks, my ebay username is above and also on the left under my username on here.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd call eBay on that one

Buying ALL iPhones, iPods, Blackberrys, Androids, ALL Electronics etc. Check my thread.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/99541-buying-all-iphones-blackberrys-androids-psps-etc-etc.html
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

You must not have a store subscription...
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Similar thing happened to me..Good Luck calling ebay. They don't like answering the phone. I waited a day and it let me revise finally and has not done it since
Old 10-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

do you have a credit card on file?
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I'd call eBay on that one
Ugh, I hate dealing with eBay and PayPal customer service. Last time I had to call them was last January. The supervisor lady sounded like she had the damn headset mic up her nose. Loud breathing and muffle words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
You must not have a store subscription...
Nope, I didn't figure I sold enough to warrant a store. As well as the fact that I have no credit card on record with ebay.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharm2k6 View Post
Ugh, I hate dealing with eBay and PayPal customer service. Last time I had to call them was last January. The supervisor lady sounded like she had the damn headset mic up her nose. Loud breathing and muffle words.

Nope, I didn't figure I sold enough to warrant a store. As well as the fact that I have no credit card on record with ebay.
BINGO! I'm almost positive you need that bad boy to remove restrictions.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Bummer, so I guess it's not so much that I need to 'establish my reputation'... but more that eBay wants a backup source of payment... even though I consistently pay off my fees before they're billed/invoiced.

Either way guys, thanks for your help/input. I may have to call eBay Monday if this continues. I have a John David Booty card ending Sunday... I hope this doesn't mess with that.

-M
Old 10-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I'm not so sure. I didn't have a credit card on file until about a week ago when I opened a store and I've been able to list as much as I want whenever I want. Granted, the credit card requirement could be new or something, I don't know.

I'd definitely contact them and find out on this one though. I don't see why the account in question got hit with restrictions.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

I know they have been making changes. That's the only reason I suggest that. Again, I'm not 100% positive - but that's where I would start.

To the OP, I hope he gets it resolved.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Update: This is just getting idiotic now. I wish I had an alternative to eBay. I got an automated email today from ebay, and after scanning it- doesn't seem applicable to my problem, but then I see this bit at the bottom:

Well I go to the suggested chat and enter my information and then wait (watched a tv show) and finally a guy shows up. This is my conversation... can someone point out if I missed something, because in the hour it wasted- I don't see how I am any closer to getting my account de-limited. His solution was to send an email though a link that I did originally... which is was prompted the automated response which is what gave me the suggestion to try the live chat.

Lesson: everything to do with eBay is a pain in the ass and neither the people through online chat nor the people on the phone are helpful. Looks like I'll have to call corpo support tomorrow.

What annoys me the most is that I've been limited, but I've dealt with sellers with worse feedback and horrible shipping time/packaging/etc. and they have no issues. I buy a lot on ebay, and sell some- why the hell would they limit me; every time I sell or buy something, it's money in their pockets.