Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay question

Not sure if any of you have come across this one....but I was starting to post some stuff in my ebay store this morning and got this message:

Please provide the correct information in the highlighted fields.
•Description - Your listing cannot contain javascript (".cookie", "cookie(", "replace(", IFRAME, META, or includes), cookies or base href.

So I figured out it had something to do with my description, even though I just copy/paste the same body in all of my auctions. Here is what I was trying to post

Up for auction is a 6 count lot of 2010 Topps Update Chrome Rookie Refractor Pack Box Toppers. These are all guaranteed unsearched, as these are the 6 that come from my jumbo case. Winner of this auction must include $3.00 which includes delivery confirmation for USPS shipping in a bubble envelope and team bag for this one, and $0.50 for each additional auction won from me. Shipping is to the continental United States. If outside the US, please add $1 extra for shipping. I accept Paypal and check as methods of payment. Other options are available as well, just contact me before bidding to make sure. Payment must be received within 7 days from the auction's end, or the item will be relisted. Items go out either same day or next day after auction has been paid for. Take a look at my feedback for fast and accurate shipping. Good luck bidders!

I changed the word "include" to "add" but still got the same error message. Can you see something I'm doing wrong?

Tyler
Tylerg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

"Good luck bidders!"

I took that out and it let me post. I guess maybe you can't put an exclamation mark in your listing anymore?
Old 10-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

That is a good question, I think that I put a ! at the end of some or most of my listings but I could be wrong.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

I just did today. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

I don't know, I've been using the same body in my descriptins since '02 and it just gave me an error this morning...weird. Maybe it had something to do with "bidders" or just a glitch in their site, since they have changed some stuff around on there
Old 10-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah that's weird. I know every day there seems to be a change as of late. Yesterday I noticed the Send Message is totally different.
My list an auction has been different for about a week, seems like a lot of changes, hopefully some for the better. *crosses fingers*

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Yeah that's weird. I know every day there seems to be a change as of late. Yesterday I noticed the Send Message is totally different.
My list an auction has been different for about a week, seems like a lot of changes, hopefully some for the better. *crosses fingers*
Maybe they will be adding back in the option to give a buyer a negative
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ok, I thought I figured it out....but everytime I go to post more auctions I get the same error message, even though I copy and paste the same body. I even went as far as copy/paste an auction word for word, that is currently running, and I get an error LOL

I have a negative waiting to be sent as soon as I can give buyers negative again
Old 10-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerg30 View Post

I have a negative waiting to be sent as soon as I can give buyers negative again
Man would I love that option, I'd have a Negative to be left every other day! lol

Old 10-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Ebay listing

You can't use any dollar signs or other symbols in your ad. Happen to me a couple of weeks ago and took me several times to figure it out... Good luck
Motorman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

I thought the same thing about the dollar signs, but took out another sentence, left the dollar signs in, and it went through. Just can't find and rhyme or reason to what they are looking for. If I wanted a challenge, I would just sit in front of my 360
Old 10-25-2010, 12:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

Not sure if this is the problem, but I think it only lets you copy and paste a certain amount of text. I tried copying and pasting a large paragraph once and it wouldn't let me post. Then I would copy and paste a couple sentences and it would let me. Again might not be the problem, but it seemed to be what was causing my problems
Lockdown32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

I use templates and I never had a problem with copying and pasting large amounts of text. Look on the ebay tools site and find turbolister. Turbolister has been such a blessing to me. Using templates and turblolister I'm not copying and pasting my terms every time.

For me, I have in my auctions "Thanks for any viewers or bidders," and I have never had any problems with them not going through. It might not like the term "luck" however, because ebay might think that is gambling.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:35 AM   #14 (permalink)

I have turbolister (I think version 2) just never really used it. Maybe I'll check it out after all.

Thanks!