Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ah Crap (involves ebay sale)

Well, when I was putting all my cards into holders that I had recently pulled and was going to ship out I noticed I had one extra thin holder and a Curtis Martin patch without a holder. I thought that I had bought one too many thin ones. It turns out that I didn't buy enough thick ones, but had accidentally sent out a Topps Chrome Gold Jon Beason with a different card as an extra. I'm not sure how I didn't see it with the gold border, unless it stuck, but I refunded the guy his money and await what will probably be negative feedback.

Would you guys have done anything different after realizing this?
ben242000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I probably would have just emailed the guy first telling him you accidentally sent the wrong card out, telling him you would ship the correct one to him and ask him to send the wrong one back. You could even refund him a couple bucks to pay for the shipping if you wanted to go even further.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
I probably would have just emailed the guy first telling him you accidentally sent the wrong card out, telling him you would ship the correct one to him and ask him to send the wrong one back. You could even refund him a couple bucks to pay for the shipping if you wanted to go even further.
The problem is I give out like five extra jerseys/parallels/inserts/rc/auto to everybody who buys a card of mine, so it got placed randomly with one of those. I have no idea who has the Gold Beason and no one will say anything because I included the other extras. I thought about sending everyone a message to see who has it, but didn't think it was worth the effort for a $.99 card, so I refunded and explained why.
ben242000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like you did your best to fix it for the buyer, and that's cool man. I agree that sending a message to all your recent buyers who might have the card is not the way to go. Just correct the one mistake, which you did, no need to involve the other buyers in it.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

you did everything right. mistakes happen but there is a good chance that you will get the negative. you made an honest mistake but you can't believe anything you hear on ebay so the guy you refunded will just think it sold for less than you wanted
cincycardshows.com is offline   Reply With Quote