Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is "Immediate Payment Required" the Answer to eBay buyer problems or not?

I'm having increasing troubles with NPBs on ebay - can anyone provide insight on the pros and cons of "immediate payment required" listings?
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Immediate Payment Required for Buy It Now auctions is absolutely the way to go.
I've had a ton of dead beat buyers when I didn't require immediate payment when choosing buy it now.
Guess how many I've had while it has been implemented? Zero.

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've started doing this as well. However, it only works if they hit the BIN and not Best Offer...really wish it did.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

It stinks that eBay has come to this, basically making the sellers have to resort to using the immediate payment option, unfortunately it can only be used for BIN. I do not use just BIN often and I usually use the Best Offer Option but I have decided that when I do use just the BIN I will be using the immediate payment option.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for this; so you guys are saying that even after you accept a best offer it still doesn't apply??
Old 10-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Immediate payment is only in effect when they use the Buy It Now option.

If they submit a Best Offer & you accept the offer, they still have 4 days to pay.

If they win an auction, they still have 4 days to pay.

Immediate Payment is only if they choose the Buy It Now option.

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
ND3

I have had a ton of success lately with straight BINs and immediate payment required. Price your stuff competitively and people will start hitting BINs. Think saavy sports card buyers know that shilling goes on and some don't want to duke it out in a bidding war.

Fees are a tad higher with the BIN put worth not having to chase people for payments.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Immediate payment is only in effect when they use the Buy It Now option.

If they submit a Best Offer & you accept the offer, they still have 4 days to pay.

If they win an auction, they still have 4 days to pay.

Immediate Payment is only if they choose the Buy It Now option.
you dont immediatly have to pay though, you can log out of ebay and it takes you away of the screen that tells you , you have to immediatly pay,, that is the loop hole
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners13 View Post
you dont immediatly have to pay though, you can log out of ebay and it takes you away of the screen that tells you , you have to immediatly pay,, that is the loop hole
My understanding is that even if you do that, the item is still up if someone else wants to buy it. I could be wrong, but that's how I understand the BIN with Immediate Payment Required terms.

BIN with Immediate Payment is definitely helpful in getting rid of NPB's. Since no one has mentioned one, a "con" against BIN with Immediate Payment Required can prevent someone from buying multiple items from you since they have to pay for each one separately (immediately) and they get no combined shipping discount. I know I've wanted to add a second card or even a couple to a purchase (usually a cheap card or even several) but didn't because I didn't want to pay the full shipping charge on the "cheapie". Not trying to suggest you shouldn't go that route or anything, just pointing out one issue with BIN's that have Immediate Payment Required is all.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
My understanding is that even if you do that, the item is still up if someone else wants to buy it. I could be wrong, but that's how I understand the BIN with Immediate Payment Required terms.

BIN with Immediate Payment is definitely helpful in getting rid of NPB's. Since no one has mentioned one, a "con" against BIN with Immediate Payment Required can prevent someone from buying multiple items from you since they have to pay for each one separately (immediately) and they get no combined shipping discount. I know I've wanted to add a second card or even a couple to a purchase (usually a cheap card or even several) but didn't because I didn't want to pay the full shipping charge on the "cheapie". Not trying to suggest you shouldn't go that route or anything, just pointing out one issue with BIN's that have Immediate Payment Required is all.

Correct, if you do NOT receive payment, the item is still for sale.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

that option sucks for people like me who find a card they want to buy but can send paypal that minute from there phone!!!

i lost out on a card i need becuase of that!! i just could not pay that second cause i was at a football game and can not send paypal from my phone!!!

but it does work!!! it just sucks sometimes for honest buyers who always pay!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hmmm - that problem with the combined shipping discount gives me pause, because I typically sell a lot of lower-end stuff that people sometimes like to buy in bulk because I charge a max. of $2.99 shipping on 2+ items; I have one of around 23 items (singles and small lots) to pack up tonight, as a matter of fact. Maybe limiting immediate payment to higher-priced items likely to sell on their own would be the way to go? Thanks to everyone for the feedback, BTW - very helpful!!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah I'm getting NPBs for almost 15% of my ended auctions listings, super frustrating!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

I switched to BIN's with immediate payment last year and have enjoyed not having to deal with the headaches of waiting on payments. I also haven't suffered in DSR ratings since making this move, I think I have had top seller and the 20% discount on FVF's for a year straight.

The only drawback is having a player get hot and not adjusting prices in time, I had a Blue Mike Trout 2009 BDP Auto up for $90 earlier this year and the card hasn't stopped going up.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

I use BIN with Best Offer too. When I get an offer I'd like, I simply lower the BIN to that price, and message the person to let them know they can hit the new lower BIN. They then MUST pay immediately to get the card.

Honestly it's ticked off two people who then had the card stolen out from under them (their opinion), but I got my card sold for the price I wanted with no chance of backing out, etc.....

The one BO I accepted outright took til way later to pay.

Done this probably 30-35 times. Do it a lot with college tickets.

Matt
mjones6 is offline   Reply With Quote