Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 12:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best way to sell comics?

I have about three boxes full of comics that are all boarded and bagged. I bought them years ago for cheap mostly because I appreciate some of the artwork. However, I know someone had picked through them so anything good was probably gone. I don't expect anything to be valuable, but what would be the best way of selling them?

Most of it should be overproduced stuff from around the mid-90s. Am I better off just grouping them together by title and selling them in lots? Would single "junk" comics even move at all or would people not even bother due to the shipping? I'm not in a hurry or anything, but it would it be like trying to selling semi-star base one at a time? Looking at Ebay it looks like lots would be the way to go.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Lots is the only way to go, and don't expect much for them.. At shows they typically go in the .25 cent box. Just make sure you cover your *** on shipping and be thankful you can get rid of them in this economy.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they could be donated to hospitals. Obviously, there are some that can't be but what about normal Marvel superhero stuff? Or is everyone too pc nowadays and they'd be too "violent."
Old 11-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Lots is the only way to go, and don't expect much for them.. At shows they typically go in the .25 cent box. Just make sure you cover your *** on shipping and be thankful you can get rid of them in this economy.
Is there any sort of standard way for shipping a bunch? Other than stacking them and just finding a box close in size?

I'll probably end up giving most of them to a friend. She's only 20 so even though they're junk she was pretty excited to get them since they're "old".
Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am in the process of selling off my collection of about 6000 Marvel and DC Comics. I answered a few ads from guys on Craigslist and the prices they offer are insulting. I am selling them on ebay for cheap, in lots, arranged so most of the lots are like .50-$1 per comic with shipping. I am having limited success. But it is still better than the $25-50 per box (about 300 comics) I was offered by the Craigslist nuts.
bigdaddyblue73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

I finally dug these out today. The boxes are bigger than I remember. I guess I'll try to get an idea if anything is of value. I found a section sorted as "Age of Apocalype" and looking that up it looks like I have the complete series so maybe I'll at least sell that.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

check out ComicsPriceGuide.com - Online Comic Book Price Guide - it's free (you have to register though) but has current book values
Old 11-09-2010, 12:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
check out ComicsPriceGuide.com - Online Comic Book Price Guide - it's free (you have to register though) but has current book values
Cool, thanks! I've just been putting title names on Ebay and seeing if any in a series are valuable. It looks like the Age of Apocalype run might at least get me back about what I paid for these way back when. I already offered them to my friend and she was really excited so at least I know she'd actually enjoy them.