Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another upstanding Ebay member...

I've been charging for Registered Mail when certain high dollar cards are sent Internationally. I have the shipping fee displayed and mention in my auctions that the card will ship Registered.

I got a very fair offer for a card from a UK buyer with private, but good, feedback. I took the offer and sent an invoice. I get back a broken English message saying he added Registered or something. I took it to mean Ebay didn't add on the shipping amount so I previewed and resent the invoice. Then he says his offer included Registered. Ummm, almost 200 feedback and he doesn't know how Ebay works?

I explain how Ebay works and tell him I'll cut him a break and only charge $5 Registered shipping. So I send a new invoice. He is still puzzled for some reason. Then he asks if I'll declare as a $20 gift. I give in and tell him I won't even charge for shipping so tell me if it is ok and I'll send a final invoice. He never does. He then writes back saying he doesn't trust me as he still doesn't have a correct invoice and to cancel the transaction. I just send the invoice and completely discounted the shipping fee as Ebay wouldn't let me change the shipping to $0.00.

So I gave in and met his "offer that included the price for shipping" way of thinking and of course he STILL wants to cancel the transaction. It's such bs. I so want to file a NPB claim so at least he'll get marked with that. However, I could see him paying and simply returning the card or pulling some other crap. It kills me to just drop it and walk away but it's the best thing to do. He'll just keep doing it to other people. I think I'm mostly pissed because he said he doesn't trust me when he's the one trying to pull sh@#.

Last edited by mightbe; 11-11-2010 at 08:37 PM.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would still file the NPB.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyblue73 View Post
I would still file the NPB.
Well, if he pays I could send the card and he could simply return it. Then I'm still out at least $10+

Oh, can the buyer request to cancel a transaction? Or can only a seller request that? I'm sure it probably doesn't matter but I rather he initiates it than me.

Last edited by mightbe; 11-11-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

One reason why I don't ship over seas, but anyways, why didn't you just agree to declare it as a $20 gift? that would have made him happy and it is not going to be a big deal on your end. But for the buyer to just assume registered was included in the offer price is ridiculous unless he mentioned it in the message of the offer which it sounds like he didn't.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
One reason why I don't ship over seas, but anyways, why didn't you just agree to declare it as a $20 gift? that would have made him happy and it is not going to be a big deal on your end. But for the buyer to just assume registered was included in the offer price is ridiculous unless he mentioned it in the message of the offer which it sounds like he didn't.
I told him I'd send it as a gift. I ultimately agreed to everything he wanted and he still wants to cancel. I told him to send me a request to cancel the transaction (can a buyer initiate one?) and haven't heard back.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

You have to cancel the transaction, and he needs to agree it to.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
You have to cancel the transaction, and he needs to agree it to.
Ok, I see that one of the reasons I could choose was that the buyer doesn't want it. I can't wait until this is over with so I can block this jackass.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Ok, I see that one of the reasons I could choose was that the buyer doesn't want it. I can't wait until this is over with so I can block this jackass.
good call, imo just don't even bother sending over seas. Not doing this has made my life a lot easier on eBay.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

People in England have to pay high fees on any mail with a declared value over a certain (low) amount. That's why he's asking for it declared as a $20 gift, but you also have low protection if you do so, though if sent registered it should be ok.
Guy sounds like a bit of a dumbo though, definitely file the NPB and don't cancel the transaction. If he does pay and you think he'll just return it, put the actual value on the item so he still has to pay fees to get it..
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote