Blowout Cards Forums
Trade In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2017, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default ebay Feedback

Wondering how often you actually get feedback on items from ebay. Looking at my past 60 days (18 sales), I haven't received feedback on 10 items! As a newer seller, this is hurting my selling limits and stunting my reputation as a growing seller. How aggressive are you in asking for feedback?
Old 03-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Unfortunately a lot of people do not leave feedback. More often than not it does not mean anything bad if you do not receive feedback. You can always email the buyer a week after he receive the item to ask if everything is in good order. If you do so, I would not send any additional follow-up messages, should the buyer choose not to respond.
whitesoxfan3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't ask and not receiving feedback is pretty par for the course. It stinks because I have feedback of 256 but I have probably done almost double the amount of transactions.
Hamfisted9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

The feedback system has been broken for years. The number of people leaving feedback has declined in our opinion and you are right it does hurt smaller sellers such as yourself.

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

I always leave feedback. I am an old school eBay guy since 1999. It was expected then. Occassionally I will send a reminder to have people leave feedback when they get a moment, but a lot of people view it like Amazon now as opposed to a "collectors community"
MotorboatJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

When I needed feedback, I would wait a week after delivery to send a message to the buyer. It usually went, "Thanks for your purchase. I left you positive feedback, please do the same if you were satisfied with your purchase!" Probably 60-70% would then leave feedback. Some people wait until you leave feedback first to leave you feedback. So make sure you're doing that.
mjohnatgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
When I needed feedback, I would wait a week after delivery to send a message to the buyer. It usually went, "Thanks for your purchase. I left you positive feedback, please do the same if you were satisfied with your purchase!" Probably 60-70% would then leave feedback. Some people wait until you leave feedback first to leave you feedback. So make sure you're doing that.
I do about the same as this...
MotorboatJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll give this a shot. I always leave feedback as that's just how the collector's community works it seems. Hopefully I'll get some results.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Doesn't eBay leave positive feedback automatically if a buyer or seller doesn't leave feedback after a certain number of days??
jake6488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

My personal favorite is when a buyer gets a great deal on an item I'm selling, via auction, then waits for my UIA to be activated, then waits for the deadline before paying. And after they receive the item and I have already left them positive fb, despite the agonizing payment delay they've put me through, they still don't reciprocate in kind. Some people really make you wonder on the ole bay. When I started out, it was very frustrating. After a while you get numb to the laziness.
RandyB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

It is a bummer, because like you say it can affect certain aspects of selling on eBay. I just looked at my last 15 sales (2 months worth) and 11 did not leave feedback. As both a seller and a buyer I leave feedback nearly every time.
I am a player collector focusing mainly on Ken Griffey Jr. but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. My secondary collection includes Seattle teams and University of Arizona players in their collegiate uniforms.
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake6488 View Post
Doesn't eBay leave positive feedback automatically if a buyer or seller doesn't leave feedback after a certain number of days??
No sorry it doesnt.
Look man if your new to eBay just take it easy for a bit. The hold will drop after 90 days regardless. Some will patch thru and some will stay in PayPal so they can collect interest of your profits (for the foil hatters).
Most of your sales should only take 3 days to get paid as long as you use eBay shipping and its confirmed "delivered". Thats the fastest way to get the hold off....not feedback.
ucLAkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

50% is probably a good assumption +/-. Whether buying or selling, you're much more likely to get feedback if you give it first.
Trying to build the coolest, most awesomest Red Sox Rookie PC. Check out my progress --->> http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/1109383-gums-rolling-never-ending-red-sox-rookie-pc-come-enjoy.html
SaveMeTheGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucLAkers View Post
No sorry it doesnt.
Look man if your new to eBay just take it easy for a bit. The hold will drop after 90 days regardless. Some will patch thru and some will stay in PayPal so they can collect interest of your profits (for the foil hatters).
Most of your sales should only take 3 days to get paid as long as you use eBay shipping and its confirmed "delivered". Thats the fastest way to get the hold off....not feedback.

Not sure what hold you are talking about. I have seller limits as all new sellers do. Those limits are directly impacted by the amount of feedback you have.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

If I'm the buyer, I'll always leave feedback for the seller. But if I'm the seller, I never leave feedback for the buyer. It may seem silly, but it's my way of protesting eBay's feedback system.

If, as a seller, I can only leave positive feedback for the buyer, what's the point? It makes feedback for buyers worthless.
kykid4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

I leave feedback for every seller, for every item I purchase.
fulltritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

If you've got a problem with feedback number, buy a bunch of $1 cards with free shipping from different sellers. Then watch the feedback pile up.
mjohnatgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

I think it's crazy people don't leave feedback more often if they're using the app.....they make it so simple
Old 03-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #19 (permalink)

Unless I missed it, did you tell us if you leave feedback for the buyer after they pay?

I would suggest leaving feedback immediately after the item is paid for. This will increase any sellers odds of return feedback almost immediately if they were previously withholding feedback.

Then if you still do not see the feedback return rate increasing, you really need/value return feedback and it is worth the time you'll need to spend, send a brief note to the buyer (through ebay message system!!!) after the item has delivered asking them to please consider leaving feedback. I specifically mention ebay message system, because sometimes sellers will send emails direct and I don't see them for a while.

I personally always return PROMPT feedback left for me as a buyer, but refuse to leave it first for a seller who hasn't do so for me yet, in principal (unless they are one of my 4-5 regular sellers I buy from weekly). The key is prompt, because when the item arrives, I add the note "RCVD" to show I got it and keep track of what is still in route. I then check if the seller left me feedback. If they did, I return it that day the item arrived. If they didn't leave it, I figure they don't give a crap about the system, so why should I? I don't need feedback as a buyer and certainly don't have to spend my time leaving it for sellers, but I believe in the system enough to play the game if the seller does as well.

It seems I see more and more sellers talking online about how they are withholding feedback, waiting for the buyer to leave it first. This makes absolutely no sense in so many ways, but it has apparently become a "thing". That certainly is not helping the feedback system flow any better and the seller is not risking anything to leave feedback first, but is risking more when they don't leave feedback first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD35Russ0 View Post
Wondering how often you actually get feedback on items from ebay. Looking at my past 60 days (18 sales), I haven't received feedback on 10 items! As a newer seller, this is hurting my selling limits and stunting my reputation as a growing seller. How aggressive are you in asking for feedback?
mrmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure what hold you are talking about. I have seller limits as all new sellers do. Those limits are directly impacted by the amount of feedback you have.
Nope..............

Funds Availability

read my post again
Old 03-15-2017, 08:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucLAkers View Post
Nope..............

Funds Availability

read my post again
Nope...

Selling Limits

I have no issues with holds. My issue is with selling limits and the lack of feedback delaying me from moving up
Old 03-15-2017, 08:41 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
Unless I missed it, did you tell us if you leave feedback for the buyer after they pay?

I would suggest leaving feedback immediately after the item is paid for. This will increase any sellers odds of return feedback almost immediately if they were previously withholding feedback.

Then if you still do not see the feedback return rate increasing, you really need/value return feedback and it is worth the time you'll need to spend, send a brief note to the buyer (through ebay message system!!!) after the item has delivered asking them to please consider leaving feedback. I specifically mention ebay message system, because sometimes sellers will send emails direct and I don't see them for a while.

I personally always return PROMPT feedback left for me as a buyer, but refuse to leave it first for a seller who hasn't do so for me yet, in principal (unless they are one of my 4-5 regular sellers I buy from weekly). The key is prompt, because when the item arrives, I add the note "RCVD" to show I got it and keep track of what is still in route. I then check if the seller left me feedback. If they did, I return it that day the item arrived. If they didn't leave it, I figure they don't give a crap about the system, so why should I? I don't need feedback as a buyer and certainly don't have to spend my time leaving it for sellers, but I believe in the system enough to play the game if the seller does as well.

It seems I see more and more sellers talking online about how they are withholding feedback, waiting for the buyer to leave it first. This makes absolutely no sense in so many ways, but it has apparently become a "thing". That certainly is not helping the feedback system flow any better and the seller is not risking anything to leave feedback first, but is risking more when they don't leave feedback first.
I have left feedback within 24 hours on every item I've purchased or sold
Old 03-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #23 (permalink)

Cuz there's such a thing as bad buyers. Payment isn't all that's required of buyers. Read the members feedback section on that lol

As a buyer I leave it when I open the package (could be 3 or 4 days after I get it lol)

As a seller it's automatically set up to return feedback once received.

As someone stated - do more buying to bring it up. Leave it when you get the item and it will mostly be returned as a lot of sellers have it set up automatically, especially the bigger sellers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post

Branesergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Nope...

Selling Limits

I have no issues with holds. My issue is with selling limits and the lack of feedback delaying me from moving up
Oh my apologies....your talking about more listings.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:46 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
That's what I do.....
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote