Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shipping thru Paypal?

I am debating how I should send out the Cards I have just sold. I thought there was a thread already posted about this but searched and couldn't relocate it. I am wondering if anyone here has had enough experience with this feature to walk me through it as I would love to print my Postage out and tape it to the #000 bubble mailers I have to just have the mail man pick it up ! Can any one help me locate the thread or offer me advice?

Also is this more cost effective than going to a post office?

Last edited by JustAnotherMember; 08-04-2008 at 09:21 PM.
JustAnotherMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherMember View Post
I am debating how I should send out the Cards I have just sold. I thought there was a thread already posted about this but searched and couldn't relocate it. I am wondering if anyone here has had enough experience with this feature to walk me through it as I would love to print my Postage out and tape it to the #000 bubble mailers I have to just have the mail man pick it up ! Can any one help me locate the thread or offer me advice?

Also is this more cost effective than going to a post office?
I'm sending my first batch out tomrrow. You pay regular mail cost but save .60 on DC. Its only good for domestic though. I'm just sending out 4x8 bubble mailers and after a trim the label fits fine.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

shipping through paypal is 13 or so cents cheaper than if you shipped a 2oz package (bubble mailer, reg card, top loader, decoy cards) through the post office.

advantages: convenience

disadvantages: have to pay for sticker labels (or tape if you use regular paper) and printing ink.

tradeoff: the time and gas and wear and tear you put on the car for all the trips to the post off.................and THE WAITING TIME AT THE POST OFFICE AS WELL.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

I use the #00 bubble mailers and as HJ said you can trim to fit. I work an odd schedule and it allows me to print and drop in the mailbox. Some others on this sight use the sticker labels but I don't ship enough to worry about it.

RIP PAPAJIM
keggobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

doesn't it force you to pay for DC? I only use it when I send out Priority. DC is free that way.

Just remember to set your printer so that it will print the labels out smaller if you are taping them to a bubble mailer. The standard size of the labe is like 1/2 of a letter size piece of paper.
ifish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
doesn't it force you to pay for DC? I only use it when I send out Priority. DC is free that way.

Just remember to set your printer so that it will print the labels out smaller if you are taping them to a bubble mailer. The standard size of the labe is like 1/2 of a letter size piece of paper.
DC is only .18 compaired to .75

Old 08-04-2008, 10:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

ok so you savemore than 13 cents.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
ok so you savemore than 13 cents.
yeah...you pay regular postage for the weight and you save .57 on DC.....that does add up after a while.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Love paypal shipping...few things though:
1. International shipping (don't know if you have any). Use a bigger envelope. You need to attach customs forms, and must go to PO counter to ship. Since you have to stand in line...don't forget about insurance for those packages. I require all international packages to add the insurance, but also state the insurance claim decision is final.
2. Buy the bulk labels online...they save SO much time. I usually buy the half sheet size (2 on a sheet), in bulk, 1000 at a time.
3. If you weigh the envelopes, I would go to the next ounce - less hassle Nobody wants the insufficient postage stamp and the package returned to sender.
4. DC is worth the $0.18! It has save my butt multiple times.
tke96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Capt...you forgot the whole printing labels in your PJ's at 2 am....this alone would be worth equal price! Its probably euqal to print at your house to be honest, when you involve the printing ink, paper (either regular or sticky labels), but the time savings and the fact you can leave them in your mail box for your mailman to pick up are the biggest savings. The paypal electronic shipping notification is nice, but since they're not scanned at your mailbox, only upon delivery can be problematic at times, but By going to post office you'll spend .60 verses .18 for the delivery confirmation. But as I said before the time savings is the biggest advantage of this. I love it and will do my best to never go back. Really hoping shortly they figure out how to do the international air mail.

Robert
Old 08-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tke96 View Post
Love paypal shipping...few things though:
1. International shipping (don't know if you have any). Use a bigger envelope. You need to attach customs forms, and must go to PO counter to ship. Since you have to stand in line...don't forget about insurance for those packages. I require all international packages to add the insurance, but also state the insurance claim decision is final.
TKE your incorrect on this one. You can prepay these and leave them in your mailbox for your postal carrier to pick up. Customs forms are not required on packages under 13 oz (?), but I do believe they speed up the inspection process and I do use them on all of my packages. As long as its under 3 lbs and/or not going priority you can use the smaller form. Just attach this as normal (I use the backside of my 4x8 bubble mailer), and affix the postage and you can leave it in your mailbox. This came from our regional post master. Granted its still a PITA, but what I've been doing, just to cover my butt one step further, is writting down what the postage will be, then going to the post office after hours and using the automatic machine, and printing the electronic postage labels, this way they can track the pacakge back to me if ever needed.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #12 (permalink)

I sit corrected, for international stuff, I only ship bigger things....so I am sorry if I seemed to misinform.

Ok, so if you ship a wax box or more...
Old 08-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Wow...It 7+ years, I've only filled out the big sheet once. I know with those you need to go to the post office. Don't take my previous post as a call out TKI396. To be honest, I love reading the different "postage" threads. There is so much to learn on the paypal shipping (I for one would love to know someone can use the bulk mailer print out and keep their packages straight).
Old 08-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Fish are you sure about the customs thing? I remember a couple years back I had a 1 ounce bubble envelope to ship to Canada and I had the fill out customs.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
Fish are you sure about the customs thing? I remember a couple years back I had a 1 ounce bubble envelope to ship to Canada and I had the fill out customs.
I didn't have to fill out customs form until I started going to the new post office since I've moved. I do see a difference in delivery times though because feedback from Canada has been left a lot sooner. They say that if you don't put a customs label on the mailer they will open it up and check it.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
You are not required to fill them out, however its highly recommended. Also saves you the chance of having your package opened if you declare the contents (FYI...just put baseball card instead of Autographed Wade Boogs RC as we all know not everyone handing that package has morals and ethics). I've had some tell me I had to do it, others whine because I did it (because it means they have to scan it). An added bonus..if you put a label on it, the buyer can actually track it into their country.

Now if the package is going to someone in the Armed Forces, I've been told it has to have one.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
ND3

Yeah when I ship out side the US the folks at the PO fill the form out and ask what is in it. They all have told me just put 'sports card' or 'baseball card'. Also they have said the Canadians have been known to rifle through packages sent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
You are not required to fill them out, however its highly recommended. Also saves you the chance of having your package opened if you declare the contents (FYI...just put baseball card instead of Autographed Wade Boogs RC as we all know not everyone handing that package has morals and ethics). I've had some tell me I had to do it, others whine because I did it (because it means they have to scan it). An added bonus..if you put a label on it, the buyer can actually track it into their country.

Now if the package is going to someone in the Armed Forces, I've been told it has to have one.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Wow...It 7+ years, I've only filled out the big sheet once. I know with those you need to go to the post office. Don't take my previous post as a call out TKI396. To be honest, I love reading the different "postage" threads. There is so much to learn on the paypal shipping (I for one would love to know someone can use the bulk mailer print out and keep their packages straight).
Did not take it as a call out...no worries there!

As obvious of my ebay feedback level and powerseller status, I have shipped quite a few things over the years. I was imparting my nuggets of knowledge from my experiences.

Another side thought about International shipping. When you can't insure or declare it for the full value, be sure to use CERTIFIED International 1st Class. Then you can do the full value (I didn't go over any limits...so I am not sure what they are)...it is worth the peace of mind. Just did this with 2 vintage cameras that went overseas. Those vintage cameras were listed as a camera body...just like the Wii is a game system and Guitar Hero is a game and controller, etc.