Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 04:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shipping high value card to Canada from US

Hello, if anyone read my rant in the other thread, I now have a GOOD problem in that I need some tips for shipping to Canada. I just want to be clear on things I've put together from searching the forums.

Ok, the card went for over $1,000. The buyer has plenty of feedback but obviously I want to cover everything. Since I'm new, Paypal only covers the buyer up to $200. I'm assuming he will go that route for payment.

First things...the seller protection for Paypal...
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...erview-outside

How do I know if the "Item is shipped to an eligible address."? And, for the future, how do I know if someone meets that before they bid/purchase from me?

As I understand it, I also need proof of delivery and as it is over $250 the buyer has to sign for it to cover me through Paypal. Which type of service do I have to send this card by? (Just a card in a top loader and bubble mailer)

All of these shipping methods and rules are baffling me.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Actaully anything over 250 requires SIGNATURE confirmation. Given the value of the card, I'd be shipping it overnight express mail. May run you up to 50 bucks when its all said and odne, but its 100% track able.

As far as the buyer, if he pays via paypal it will say he's got a confirmed address. If he doesnt it needs to be confirmed before you ship. Only way to cover yourself on that part of it.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Man these threads come up all of the time, shipping overseas sux, what I do is I ship priority and insure it through auctiva
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

added a new thread for this in the FAQs

How can I be protected when shipping to Canada or other International addresses?
admin_blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

you can ship ups or fedex ground too (fedex usually cheaper). see link for quote:

Shipping, Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management from FedEx

rates would be reasonable for a lightweight package.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. So there is no way of knowing until a buyer actually sends the payment if they are confirmed and Paypal WILL cover me as the seller?

The guy wrote me saying he's waiting on some Paypal payers. He then says if after he pays since it's quicker and faster, could I email him the redemption code..."sh*t does happen" (always a promising sign when a complete stranger uses such casual language)

Of course that is a huge no-no because since nothing tangible exchanges hands I'd be sol if he wanted to cause trouble. The guy has 2300 feedback, so I'm sure he's legit, but even still.

I was looking into sending the card UPS but I'll check with Fedex too...seems like one of them would be the way to go.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Thanks for the info. So there is no way of knowing until a buyer actually sends the payment if they are confirmed and Paypal WILL cover me as the seller?

The guy wrote me saying he's waiting on some Paypal payers. He then says if after he pays since it's quicker and faster, could I email him the redemption code..."sh*t does happen" (always a promising sign when a complete stranger uses such casual language)

Of course that is a huge no-no because since nothing tangible exchanges hands I'd be sol if he wanted to cause trouble. The guy has 2300 feedback, so I'm sure he's legit, but even still.

I was looking into sending the card UPS but I'll check with Fedex too...seems like one of them would be the way to go.
Sending the code through E-mail would benefit both of you. No customs for the buyer and not worrying about delivery for you. You may need to alter the way the payment is sent through PayPal so no claim can be filed. Some of the PayPal experts here can probably help you with that detail.

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote