Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay nonpayers

Do I have to file a complaint after seven days? I mean, is it mandatory to go through the process or can I just relist the item? I gave the individuals a heads up that the 7 days were upcoming and heard nothing. Can I just forget those clowns and relist stuff or does Ebay have a specific mandatory process for me to follow?
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Do I have to file a complaint after seven days? I mean, is it mandatory to go through the process or can I just relist the item? I gave the individuals a heads up that the 7 days were upcoming and heard nothing. Can I just forget those clowns and relist stuff or does Ebay have a specific mandatory process for me to follow?
File a non-paying bidder claim this way you get your final value fees back. Then relist.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

You can do whatever you want, nothing is "mandatory". But I think you're setting yourself up for headaches if you relist an item 7 days after the auction end. It's probably likely in most cases that the original buyer will end up paying you after the unpaid item case is filed. What would you do then?

I state 10 days in my auction listing, send reminder invoices at 10 days, wait until 12-14 days to file the unpaid item, and wouldn't think of relisting until the dispute is settled one way or the other.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
File a non-paying bidder claim this way you get your final value fees back. Then relist.
Ahhh, that's what I was thinking about. One item was a very high bin/bo so I need to go through with a claim to get that back...forgot about that.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

You can't file an unpaid item dispute until the 8th day from end of auction. then you have to wait another 8 days to get your FVF's back. I wouldn't relist it because ebay tends to notice things like that. After the wait you can always 2nd chance offer the card unless there is too much of a difference in price. Then relist it.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
You can't file an unpaid item dispute until the 8th day from end of auction. then you have to wait another 8 days to get your FVF's back. I wouldn't relist it because ebay tends to notice things like that. After the wait you can always 2nd chance offer the card unless there is too much of a difference in price. Then relist it.
Ok, so I'd have to wait out the entire process before I can relist to be sure I get my listing fees back? I can't just tell Ebay, hey this dude flaked and I don't want to deal with him, just give me my fees back and I'll relist?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Id wait at least 14 days for payment, alot of people that bid on ebay are cheap and need to wait 2 weeks to receive daddys paycheck lol

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
Id wait at least 14 days for payment, alot of people that bid on ebay are cheap and need to wait 2 weeks to receive daddys paycheck lol
I'm just frustrated as the buyers have high positive feedback and one of the items was an expensive redemption from The Cup. Somebody already has the redeemed card for sale so that just adds to it.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Dude, the guy has a perfect feedback over 2,000. It has only been seven days and it is a $1,000 card, give they guy a break. I might be wrong but I think you are overreacting here.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to coaltowncards

Yeah, don't sweat it they will pay. Nice pull by the way
Old 08-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaltowncards View Post
Yeah, don't sweat it they will pay. Nice pull by the way
I know, I know, I'm a little on edge...just new to all of this, lol...plus, this guy was kind of a made me uneasy while making offers and after the sale just wanted the code.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

Did you send the code before you got paid? If so that is probably why you haven't got your money.
sandlotsportcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlotsportcards View Post
Did you send the code before you got paid? If so that is probably why you haven't got your money.
Did I miss something. If he gave the redemption code to the buyer before he got his $$$$ I would have to rip out his spine from his body......

Old 08-13-2008, 06:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Did I miss something. If he gave the redemption code to the buyer before he got his $$$$ I would have to rip out his spine from his body......
Nahhh, I'm a noob to ebaying but I'm not a complete moron...regardless of the piles of evidence to the contrary.
I finally heard back from the guy but got a really bizarre email back that I don't know what to make of...

He says, since I won't send the code and it's not really a card until it is redeemed, I should fill out the form (TRADE) $40 value as trades are fine to do and he won't get charged an extra $300 at the border for something that is not even a card...

WTF? He's saying I should declare a $1,000 card as being worth $40? And this protects me how exactly??? Again, I'm gladly acknowledging my ignorance to international shipping here, so if I'm missing something please point it out to me...
Old 08-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Nahhh, I'm a noob to ebaying but I'm not a complete moron...regardless of the piles of evidence to the contrary.
I finally heard back from the guy but got a really bizarre email back that I don't know what to make of...

He says, since I won't send the code and it's not really a card until it is redeemed, I should fill out the form (TRADE) $40 value as trades are fine to do and he won't get charged an extra $300 at the border for something that is not even a card...

WTF? He's saying I should declare a $1,000 card as being worth $40? And this protects me how exactly??? Again, I'm gladly acknowledging my ignorance to international shipping here, so if I'm missing something please point it out to me...
Send it UPS then.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Send it UPS then.
I was leaning towards UPS/Fedex as I had volunteered to pay for shipping&handling (I altered the auction noting that since I saw Paypal would only protect the buyer to $200). I'll tell the guy one of those carriers and hopefully he'll finally Paypal the money. That should be solid right? No loopholes he could exploit to complain to Paypal/Ebay?
Old 08-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
I was leaning towards UPS/Fedex as I had volunteered to pay for shipping&handling (I altered the auction noting that since I saw Paypal would only protect the buyer to $200). I'll tell the guy one of those carriers and hopefully he'll finally Paypal the money. That should be solid right? No loopholes he could exploit to complain to Paypal/Ebay?
I have sent stuff Registered USPS without customs forms and not declaring a value on the item. Obviously you, the buyer, paypal & ebay know how much the card sold for.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Just remember to keep all your info for this transaction until you are 100% sure it is complete(lost mail, or claim for such)..Things such as receipts, emails, print out auction page- just in case. You never can be to careful
DadofTwins is online now   Reply With Quote